PDA

View Full Version : Davis Cup 2015 - GB v USA

Sir David Gray
05-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Great Britain are back in Davis Cup action this weekend and will be looking to beat the USA for the second year in a row.

For the first time in four years, Britain are playing a home match in Scotland and this time they are playing at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.

The singles matches tomorrow are Andy Murray v Donald Young and James Ward v John Isner.

The tie should really be level at 1-1 after day one but hopefully Ward can pull off a surprise against John Isner, like he did last year against Sam Querrey.

I can't see Murray being troubled against Donald Young.

Murray-Young is up first at 1pm tomorrow.

Twiglet
06-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Murray takes first 2 sets 6-1 6-1.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Murray wins in four sets, GB 1-0 up.

Ward v Isner on now.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Ward pulls a set back against Isner.

Isner leads 2-1.

Speedy
06-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Ward v Isner, 11-11 in the final set with Isner saving a few match points in that game.

Isner tiring but could go on for a while.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Isner loves a marathon set does he not?

Great win for ward, reckon we'll need that as we'll struggle in the doubles against the Bryans.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Ward wins 6-7 5-7 6-3 7-6 15-13.

What a comeback for Ward and what a win against someone who's ranked 91 places above him!

That win all but secures a victory for GB in the tie as they only need one win from the three remaining matches and I can't see Andy Murray losing to Isner on Sunday.

Well done James. :aok:

Future17
07-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Ward wins 6-7 5-7 6-3 7-6 15-13.

What a comeback for Ward and what a win against someone who's ranked 91 places above him!

That win all but secures a victory for GB in the tie as they only need one win from the three remaining matches and I can't see Andy Murray losing to Isner on Sunday.

Well done James. :aok:

Cracking performance from Ward. Loved Andy's tweet after the match:

"Time to remove every item of clothing and run through the streets of Glasgow.. Absolute farce from @JamesWardtennis".

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Looks like being 2-1 to Britain in the tie as the Bryan brothers are winning convincingly against Jamie Murray and Dominic Inglot in the doubles.

They're two sets up just now.

Twiglet
07-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Looks like being 2-1 to Britain in the tie as the Bryan brothers are winning convincingly against Jamie Murray and Dominic Inglot in the doubles.

They're two sets up just now.

Can you keep updating. I'm out and can't get the live scores.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Can you keep updating. I'm out and can't get the live scores.

No problem.

GB break in the third set and go 3-1 up.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 01:50 PM
GB take the third set 6-3. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 02:52 PM
GB level it up after winning the fourth set on a tiebreak and have just saved a match point! :thumbsup:

Andy Murray's going nuts! :greengrin

Twiglet
07-03-2015, 03:16 PM
GB level it up after winning the fourth set on a tiebreak and have just saved a match point! :thumbsup:

Andy Murray's going nuts! :greengrin

Brilliant! Come on guys. Go for it!

NYHibby
07-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Speaking as an American, this is pretty embarrassing that we can't finish off all of their crappy players not named Andy Murray.

Speedy
07-03-2015, 03:54 PM
USA serving for the match. Poor game from GBR there.

NYHibby
07-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Speaking as an American, this is pretty embarrassing that we can't finish off all of their crappy players not named Andy Murray.

Well my post seemed to do the trick. I have tickets for tomorrow, and I guess I'll be the only one cheering against Andy.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Bryan brothers win in five sets.

Great effort by Jamie Murray and Dominic Inglot but it shouldn't make a difference to the outcome of the tie as Andy Murray should finish things off tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Well my post seemed to do the trick. I have tickets for tomorrow, and I guess I'll be the only one cheering against Andy.

I hope you have a really miserable day.

Golden Bear
07-03-2015, 04:04 PM
That was great entertainment to say the least.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2015, 07:54 PM

Genuine question not just aimed at you but what has happened to American mens tennis? You can only dream of an Andy Murray at the moment. Is there another Agassi, Sampras or even Roddick waiting in the wings or are you having an Australian style lean spell?

Future17
07-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Genuine question not just aimed at you but what has happened to American mens tennis? You can only dream of an Andy Murray at the moment. Is there another Agassi, Sampras or even Roddick waiting in the wings or are you having an Australian style lean spell?

I liked the look of Jarmere Jenkins when I saw him a while back, but his progress seems to have stalled. The Aussies have some great young players coming through who could really be special in the next 5-10 years.

heretoday
08-03-2015, 02:57 PM
Hooray for Andy! That Isner's some size of a chap.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Good win for GB today.

Bring on the French in the summer!

That should be a great test for Britain against the likes of Tsonga, Gasquet and Monfils and they have really strong doubles players as well with the likes of Benneteau and Mahut.

France will be the overwhelming favourites but you would still like to think that Andy Murray will get two wins from his singles matches so their success could all depend on whether James Ward could repeat his exploits from this weekend.

Looking forward to it.

Speedy
08-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Good win for GB today.

Bring on the French in the summer!

That should be a great test for Britain against the likes of Tsonga, Gasquet and Monfils and they have really strong doubles players as well with the likes of Benneteau and Mahut.

France will be the overwhelming favourites but you would still like to think that Andy Murray will get two wins from his singles matches so their success could all depend on whether James Ward could repeat his exploits from this weekend.

Looking forward to it.

Hopefully Inglot isn't lynched before then...

http://m.scotsman.com/news/odd/andy-murray-reveals-mate-s-secret-scots-girlfriend-1-3712900