PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV West Africa

WillowbraeHibby
05-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Just wondered if any .Net members have worked in W.Africa (Nigeria / Liberia), and if you can receive Hibs TV in the region?

Input would be appreciated.... (No, I'm no off on Holiday)... :greengrin​

Thecat23
05-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Just wondered if any .Net members have worked in W.Africa (Nigeria / Liberia), and if you can receive Hibs TV in the region?

Folk used to struggle to get a signal in West Lothian, so don't hold your breath for a signal in West Africa mate!!! 😁

WillowbraeHibby
05-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Folk used to struggle to get a signal in West Lothian, so don't hold your breath for a signal in West Africa mate!!! 

That's a guid start.... Cheers... :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
05-03-2015, 10:38 PM
It was rubbish in Nigeria but that was probably more due to broadband speeds than anything wrong with Hibs tv. Things might have improved in the two years since I retired but doubt it. By the way broadband was used figuratively speaking, dial up would be better.

WillowbraeHibby
06-03-2015, 06:35 AM
It was rubbish in Nigeria but that was probably more due to broadband speeds than anything wrong with Hibs tv. Things might have improved in the two years since I retired but doubt it. By the way broadband was used figuratively speaking, dial up would be better.

Cheers LA, I guess best to wait until I get out there, see what the company internet is like... :rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
06-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Cheers LA, I guess best to wait until I get out there, see what the company internet is like... :rolleyes:

Probably mate. There are a couple of companies now offering broadband at decent speeds. As you say it will depend on what the company has. Our company had decent speeds for the company machines but personal wifi was non existent but has now been installed. I saw one of my old mates standing in the bar the other night watching the hun game on his tablet so it must be decent. Where you going?

WillowbraeHibby
06-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Probably mate. There are a couple of companies now offering broadband at decent speeds. As you say it will depend on what the company has. Our company had decent speeds for the company machines but personal wifi was non existent but has now been installed. I saw one of my old mates standing in the bar the other night watching the hun game on his tablet so it must be decent. Where you going?

Just waiting to clarify a couple of points on my contract, then down to Monrovia... (If all goes well?) :wink:

HibeeEmma
06-03-2015, 05:47 PM

Never worked for me in Nigeria, but then again neither did basic internet so expectations were low

WillowbraeHibby
06-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Never worked for me in Nigeria, but then again neither did basic internet so expectations were low

Not too many positives here then.... :greengrin However, as the overseas workers on here know... Where there is a will, there's a way.... :agree:

Especially where the Hibs are concerned.... :flag: Cheers for the feedback... Appreciated!

Lucius Apuleius
06-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Just waiting to clarify a couple of points on my contract, then down to Monrovia... (If all goes well?) :wink:

Not been to Monrovia fir years and years and years so don't know how things are going there. Used to be a good run ashore

Lucius Apuleius
06-03-2015, 09:13 PM

You finished in Lagos?