PDA

View Full Version : How much bigger is HSL going to get?

hibs0666
05-03-2015, 01:14 PM
What level of take-up can we expect for HSL?

hibs0666
05-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Doesn't seem to be many people waiting in the wings to sign up?

jacomo
05-03-2015, 02:11 PM
I just think everybody needs to hold their nerve on this one. There's been a huge amount of negativity around Hibs and we are not in the top division - hardly ideal conditions to launch such a scheme. Yet a significant number of fans have signed up already.

With the monthly payment scheme, HSL will gain strength every month.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm getting the sense that this might be something that will be quietly forgotten about. I think it will s-l-o-w in gaining traction. If there isn't a steady take up, people who have invested might feel they are putting additional money into the club, without getting anything back. They might then reconsider.

(I feel neither happy nor sad about this - just calling it as I see it.)

JPrinty
05-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Joining up in next couple of weeks!

madhatter
05-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Perhaps a stupid question but does anybody know the total number of shares that HSL has as a target? I remember the coinage being talked about but what is the share number?

Tynie01011973
05-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Perhaps a stupid question but does anybody know the total number of shares that HSL has as a target? I remember the coinage being talked about but what is the share number?

Share Offer was for 62.5m Shares of £0.02 Shares - Sale Price of £0.04 per share = ( 62.5m x£ 0.04 = £2.5m )

HappyHibby93
05-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Your thread title is, - How much bigger is HSL going to get?

Then ask

What level of take-up can we expect for HSL?

Doesn't seem to be many people waiting in the wings to sign up?

I gather from your Q's that you don't believe in fan ownership, Or are you buying direct?

Or, are you out just to stir the pot? :stirrer:

GGTTH

:flag:

Thecat23
05-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I've personally not bought any shares myself. I'm yet to be convinced fan ownership is actually the way forward. Not saying it's not or its a waste of time as it may well work out just fine.

I've had a few folk (not on here) have a bit of a dig for not "backing" the club. I have said I back it by buying my season ticket, but seems this isn't enough for some! I think people are maybe waiting to see how the season pans out or what happens next.

I may well change my mind further down the line but right now I'm undecided about It all.

Chuck Rhoades
05-03-2015, 04:41 PM
It will take time. It's only been live for just over a month. Strong end to season will help. No rush for this to explode into thousands of shareholders.

I also believe HSL will remain positive and in constant communication which will help the steady progress.

Just Alf
05-03-2015, 04:48 PM
It will take time. It's only been live for just over a month. Strong end to season will help. No rush for this to explode into thousands of shareholders.

I also believe HSL will remain positive and in constant communication which will help the steady progress.

Agree..... The plan is open ended, so as long as peeps pay into it HSL will keep buying shares, even if it takes years and years.... Or there's none left to buy :-)

hibs0666
05-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Your thread title is, - How much bigger is HSL going to get?

Then ask

I gather from your Q's that you don't believe in fan ownership, Or are you buying direct?

Or, are you out just to stir the pot? :stirrer:

GGTTH

:flag:

I have signed up already and you need to get a life.

Eyrie
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
I feel like a Yam at Christmas - I sent my club a cheque last week and I'm still waiting for a share certificate :violin:

I'll waiting until next month to join HSL so that I can get two months of writing money off rather than just one!

HibeeHutch
05-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Perhaps someone can correct me here but I believe it took the Foundation of Hearts a couple of years to get to their current level of 8,000 members. Not only that but Hearts (as we all know) had their major crisis during these years, which really galvanized their campaign for members. We are in a completely different situation in terms of how we drive and motivate the support to sign up.

In my opinion, I think we have done pretty well to get 600 members (including me out in Vancouver) in the first couple of months given that we:

A) Have not been 'blessed' (for want of another word) with a long drawn out, teetering on the edge of an abyss style crisis like Hearts;
B) Did not received the same volume of associated dramatic press attention that goes with the kind of crisis Hearts went through;
C) Also suffered from a very different crisis over the last few years, which created apathy and distrust rather than solidarity and motivation.

If we all get on board and invest or donate what we can afford then nothing should stop us from making a real positive impact on the club and our relationship with it.

jodjam
05-03-2015, 09:47 PM
I've personally not bought any shares myself. I'm yet to be convinced fan ownership is actually the way forward. Not saying it's not or its a waste of time as it may well work out just fine.

I've had a few folk (not on here) have a bit of a dig for not "backing" the club. I have said I back it by buying my season ticket, but seems this isn't enough for some! I think people are maybe waiting to see how the season pans out or what happens next.

I may well change my mind further down the line but right now I'm undecided about It all.

Pretty much my view also. Bought shares in the 80's. Just not convinced fully to buy again

Amit
05-03-2015, 09:48 PM
I feel like a Yam at Christmas - I sent my club a cheque last week and I'm still waiting for a share certificate :violin:

I'll waiting until next month to join HSL so that I can get two months of writing money off rather than just one!

Hi Eyrie,

Members of the Board need to approve all share applications. This is being done on a weekly basis. So hopefully it'll not be too long a wait for your share certificate.

Amit

Peevemor
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
The good thing about the way the scheme has been set up is that there's no urgency. If, say, only 5-10% of the available shares are bought every year then so be it. The club gets a bit of extra dosh to play with while responding to the demands of the fans who answered the official surveys.

I've yet to subscribe as I have a lot of personal finance stuff going on (all good), and I don't want a new regular payment appearing on my bank statements for the time being, but I'll definitely sign up in the next couple of months.

worcesterhibby
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Hi Eyrie,

Members of the Board need to approve all share applications. This is being done on a weekly basis. So hopefully it'll not be too long a wait for your share certificate.

Amit

Great to see you on here responding so quickly Amit…you're doing a good job

Eyrie
05-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Hi Eyrie,

Amit

My post was tongue in cheek, but thanks for the clarification.

Amit
05-03-2015, 11:19 PM
My post was tongue in cheek, but thanks for the clarification.

No worries [emoji6]

iainm1875
06-03-2015, 04:44 AM
If we progress past Berwick and if we land Celtic in the semi or Final, Hibs should give priority vouchers out to HSL members. That might inspire a few floaters. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk