PDA

View Full Version : Raith away 28th March/ Cummings and Handling Called Up To u21's

Billy Whizz
05-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Anyone heard if there is any chance this fixture will be cancelled/ moved due to the international games? Think someone asked about this a few weeks ago.
Scotland under 21's are playing away on the Thursday before, will we have anyone in the squad, potentially Cummings, Forster, don't know if Stanton is over aged? Think you can cancel if 3 players are involved!
Full Premiership card cancelled on the Saturday 28th, as the national team play Gibraltar on the 29th, can't think we will have anyone involved in this?

Thecat23
05-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Honestly can't see this game being moved tbh.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Anyone heard if there is any chance this fixture will be cancelled/ moved due to the international games? Think someone asked about this a few weeks ago.
Scotland under 21's are playing away on the Thursday before, will we have anyone in the squad, potentially Cummings, Forster, don't know if Stanton is over aged? Think you can cancel if 3 players are involved!
Full Premiership card cancelled on the Saturday 28th, as the national team play Gibraltar on the 29th, can't think we will have anyone involved in this?

Hope it's not moved. I've organised time off for that.

Cod Boy
05-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Forster and Stanton hardly feature in the first team at the moment.

Bristolhibby
05-03-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm bringing my eldest lad (6) to his first Hibs game.

Really hope it's not canceled. Hibs on Saturday, Scotland on Sunday.

J

Bristolhibby
11-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Anyone know if this is going to be ticketed or PATG?

Cheers

J

HibbyAndy
11-03-2015, 04:33 PM

Cheers

J

Ticket.

Mathias Jack
11-03-2015, 05:01 PM

Cheers

J

They really should be getting their finger out...it's 2 weeks on Saturday

Last time I was there was the pre-season friendly a few years back that got abandoned at half time, thunder and lightning. Got back to the car to find the street flooded, ankle deep!

The_Exile
11-03-2015, 05:16 PM
It'll be my eldests first away game outside of Edinburgh. On a loyalty points mission Now!

Bristolhibby
13-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Still nothing?

J

BSEJVT
13-03-2015, 01:05 PM
To be honest we need a game cancelled, particularly a weekend game like a hole in the head

Any weekend cancellations will fall to midweek games and that will make our task all the harder.

007 Mickey Weir
13-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Cummings is prob the only scottish player to be called up. Do the Under 21s have a game?

KeithTheHibby
13-03-2015, 01:54 PM
How can we request the game gets cancelled until squads are announced? This won't happen until Monday at the earliest surely.

Geo_1875
13-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Cummings is prob the only scottish player to be called up. Do the Under 21s have a game?

The GFA might give Cummings a spot in the full international squad to help The Rangers back to their rightful place.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2015, 02:06 PM

Yes, away on the Thursday before in Hungary

H18sry
16-03-2015, 10:49 AM
With Jason and Danny called up to the u21 squad will our game against Raith be postponed?

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 10:50 AM
With Jason and Danny called up to the u21 squad will our game against Raith be postponed?

You can cancel with 3 call ups, so probably not

Andy74
16-03-2015, 10:51 AM

I think we've plenty to cover for those two so hopefully not.

H18sry
16-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Will Malonga be away on international duty?

lord bunberry
16-03-2015, 11:10 AM
I hope not, we've got the bit between our teeth at the moment, the last thing we need is a week off.

RSS Bot
16-03-2015, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5272)

franck sauzee
16-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Cummings and Handling in the squad.

Scotland U21 coach Danny Lennon includes six new faces in his squad for the friendly against Hungary on March 26.
The former St Mirren manager, who has taken charge of the side on a temporary basis following the departure of Billy Stark, hands in-form Hibernian striker Jason Cummings his chance to shine in Budapest next Thursday.
Cummings, who has scored three goals in his last three matches, is joined in the travelling party by team-mate Danny Handling who will be looking to win his third cap in the Hungarian capital.

Defenders Stephen Kingsley of Swansea and Manchester United's Donald Love are given their first taste of U21 action along with midfield trio Callum McFadzean (Sheffield United), Sam Nicholson (Hearts) and Dundee United's Charlie Telfer.
Hearts, who are the runaway leaders of the Scottish Championship, are also represented in Lennon's squad by Jordan McGhee, Callum Paterson and goalkeeper Jack Hamilton.
The match against Hungary is Scotland U21s first fixture since they drew against Switzerland last November.
Squad: Jack Hamilton (Hearts), Jonathan Henly (Reading); Stuart Findlay (Celtic), Marcus Fraser (Ross County), Dom Hyam (Reading), Stephen Kingsley (Swansea), Donald Love (Manchester United), Jordan McGhee (Hearts), Callum Paterson (Hearts), Callum McFadzean (Sheffield United); Ryan Christie (Inverness CT), Danny Handling (Hibs), John McGinn (St Mirren), Sam Nicholson (Hearts), Charlie Telfer (Dundee United), Craig Slater (Kilmarnock); Jason Cummings (Hibernian), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Ryan Gauld (Sporting Lisbon), Declan McManus (Aberdeen), Lawrence Shankland (Aberdeen)

Cod Boy
16-03-2015, 12:30 PM
The game is on the Thursday they will be back on the Friday.

brog
16-03-2015, 03:11 PM

That's what it used to be certainly but I thought Sevco called a game off earlier this season when only missing 1 or possibly 2 players?

PatHead
16-03-2015, 03:27 PM
I asked on Saturday and was told we needed 3 players on duty to call game off. It should be on then.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 03:38 PM
That's what it used to be certainly but I thought Sevco called a game off earlier this season when only missing 1 or possibly 2 players?

No they had 3 called up, but one of the players Moshni was suspended for the game, Dean Sheils was one and I can't recall who the other one was.

Hearts have 4 called up the under 21's. Wonder if they'll postpone their game?

scoopyboy
16-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I think we've plenty to cover for those two so hopefully not.

That's fine if we have no injuries or suspensions.

However if we get another couple out then it does become an issue.

All IMO of course:greengrin

scoopyboy
16-03-2015, 03:46 PM
No they had 3 called up, but one of the players Moshni was suspended for the game, Dean Sheils was one and I can't recall who the other one was.

Hearts have 4 called up the under 21's. Wonder if they'll postpone their game?

Lewis MacLeod perhaps?

GordonHFC
16-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Liked El Alagui's congratulations to the pair on twitter calling them both 'fringe' players 😁

Billy Whizz
16-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Lewis MacLeod perhaps?

They've called off 2 games, think McLeod was in one of them

CorrieHibs
16-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know when the tickets will be on sale?

Andy74
16-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Liked El Alagui's congratulations to the pair on twitter calling them both 'fringe' players 

He called them the two fringes not fringe players.

Andy74
16-03-2015, 05:10 PM
That's fine if we have no injuries or suspensions.

However if we get another couple out then it does become an issue.

All IMO of course:greengrin

I'm trying to get my head round a situation where we would miss Danny Handling. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-03-2015, 05:17 PM
We should play the game. Malonga and dje dje up front.
Cummings should have the sat off as the risk injury is too high playing with only 1 rest day.
The last thing we need is a fixture pile up.

mim
16-03-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to get my head round a situation where we would miss Danny Handling. :greengrin

That's the game Andy. Give the boys your undying support

Eyrie
16-03-2015, 07:40 PM

The sad thing is that we're stuck with only Handling and Craig as the scapegoats at the moment, when it wasn't that long ago that we were spoilt for choice over which player to boo.

Stubbs is to blame :grr:

Tinribs
16-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Interesting to see that the "Old Firm" have only one representative between them in that under 21 squad. Remind me again why we need them in Scottish football? Delia tells us that it's the weak competition up here that is holding his mighty team back, yet they don't seem to be doing a hell of a lot to improve our native game.

Swedish hibee
16-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Well done boys :aok:

Iggy Pope
16-03-2015, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=mim;4326756]That's the game Andy. Give the boys your undying support[/

:agree: Danny Handling getting slated for making the Scotland U 21 squad. Deja vu.

Andy74
16-03-2015, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=mim;4326756]That's the game Andy. Give the boys your undying support[/

:agree: Danny Handling getting slated for making the Scotland U 21 squad. Deja vu.

He's not getting slated at all.

The reality is though in the current squad he would not be missed if he was not available. Would you argue that his non presence would be an issue for us in any way, shape or form?

Iggy Pope
16-03-2015, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Iggy Pope;4326921]

The reality is though in the current squad he would not be missed if he was not available. Would you argue that his non presence would be an issue for us in any way, shape or form?

No. That would mean debating with such as your qualified self, the merits of a young player getting called up to his National squad. Now who would I be to do this?
'In any way shape or form' was probably six words wasted though. You could have stopped at 'us'.

Albanian Hibs
16-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Hope its not called off. Got the babysitter sorted and we have planned a boozy day out in Kirkcaldy.

macd123
17-03-2015, 02:35 AM
The sad thing is that we're stuck with only Handling and Craig as the scapegoats at the moment, when it wasn't that long ago that we were spoilt for choice over which player to boo.

Stubbs is to blame :grr:

I don't know the SFA rules but we can maybe recall harris from his loan to cover as a scapegoat whilst handling is away?

Brightside
17-03-2015, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Iggy Pope;4326921]

Stubbs has him in the squad every week. So yes he will be missed.

Bill Milne
17-03-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm bringing my eldest lad (6) to his first Hibs game.

Really hope it's not canceled. Hibs on Saturday, Scotland on Sunday.

J

All that way just to buy a paper!! Quite expensive too, "Scotland on Sunday".

Jonnyboy
17-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Tickets go on sale on Thursday

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/away