PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers games in hand

kaimendhibs
04-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Any idea why they aren't using midweek slots to clear games in hand? I'm cynical but couldn't be because they are delaying/being allowed to delay until injured players are fit?

DarrenSQH
04-03-2015, 10:26 AM
They are out the cup so they dont need too.

Cowden this weekend, QOTS next wed and Hearts in april.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2015, 10:27 AM

And at home to Alloa on 17th March

hfc rd
04-03-2015, 10:50 AM
And at home to Alloa on 17th March

Thought they only had 3 games in hand?

kaimendhibs
04-03-2015, 10:53 AM

Ok fair enough

Billy Whizz
04-03-2015, 10:56 AM

I think the alloa game is rearranged and brought from April, as Alloa are in the Petrofac Cup Final that weekend

hibbysam
04-03-2015, 11:05 AM

We play next Wednesday also so that's not really a 'game in hand' as such

Alex Trager
04-03-2015, 12:07 PM
We play next Wednesday also so that's not really a 'game in hand' as such

So really after saturday they only have one game in hand over us?

That's not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-03-2015, 01:09 PM
So really after saturday they only have one game in hand over us?

That's not too bad.

By next Tuesday, they'll only have one game in hand but we play next Wednesday against Livingston so it will then be back to two games in hand.

Moulin Yarns
04-03-2015, 01:22 PM
By next Tuesday, they'll only have one game in hand but we play next Wednesday against Livingston so it will then be back to two games in hand.

When they play us they have 1 game in hand, against Hearts. no pressure then.

Alex Trager
04-03-2015, 01:24 PM

But then where do they pick up the next game?

As it stands they have to play Cowden away. QOTS away. Hearts at home.

They'll have played two of they games before we play in the league again.
So I do not know who they will have a game in hand against

They will play Alloa the next again week.

Then it'll be one.
And if we progress on Sunday they'll probably catch up on our semi final weekend.

What a nonesense

Sir David Gray
04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
When they play us they have 1 game in hand, against Hearts. no pressure then.

Yep.

Assuming we both win all our games before that match, they'll be two points ahead of us with a game in hand.

If we beat them, we'll go one point ahead of them and they would still have their game in hand against Hearts.

I feel that we really need to win that one if we're going to finish second.

Smartie
04-03-2015, 01:48 PM
When is their game against Hearts?

Hearts may "down tools" and lull a bit towards the end of the season if they have the league mathematically sewn up.

It might even be an easier game than a trip to Alloa or Cowdenbeath, playing in a tiny ground on a dodgy pitch whilst they battle fiercely against relegation.

Another reason why our scrappy win at the weekend was a significant and very good result.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2015, 02:03 PM

Hearts may "down tools" and lull a bit towards the end of the season if they have the league mathematically sewn
It might even be an easier game than a trip to Alloa or Cowdenbeath, playing in a tiny ground on a dodgy pitch whilst they battle fiercely against relegation.

Another reason why our scrappy win at the weekend was a significant and very good result.

Easter Sunday. I speak regularly to a few Hearts players, and they'd rather Hibs went up than Rangers. They reckon for them and their fans,the Derby's are the best games of the season

andrew70
04-03-2015, 02:15 PM

Hearts may "down tools" and lull a bit towards the end of the season if they have the league mathematically sewn up.

Easter Sunday. I speak regularly to a few Hearts players, and they'd rather Hibs went up than Rangers. They reckon for them and their fans,the Derby's are the best games of the season

Plus I believe they can win the league at Ibrox on Easter Sunday

Onion
04-03-2015, 03:26 PM

The OP has raised a good question. There's a big difference between the Huns playing the Yams now, rather than after the Yams have won the league :rolleyes: Why has that game been delayed until April - what's the logic ?

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2015, 03:49 PM

I personally cant see it. With the league all but done, the games against Rangers and the derby are pretty much whats left for Hearts this season, and I imagine they will want to be unbeaten against their 'main rivals'. Theyll beat Rangers in both imo, so its up to us to make sure we win the derby!

erin go bragh
04-03-2015, 04:54 PM
The OP has raised a good question. There's a big difference between the Huns playing the Yams now, rather than after the Yams have won the league :rolleyes: Why has that game been delayed until April - what's the logic ?

Thats only if both Hearts and sevco win all their games up until then .
On a side note . Im having to sign in with my password every time i log on ?
Its doing my head in . Anyone know how i stop it ?

Ggtth

BSEJVT
04-03-2015, 05:10 PM
tick the Remember me box?

erin go bragh
04-03-2015, 06:38 PM
tick the Remember me box?

Ive ticked it loads of times .

Ggtth

Sir David Gray
04-03-2015, 07:20 PM
But then where do they pick up the next game?

As it stands they have to play Cowden away. QOTS away. Hearts at home.

They'll have played two of they games before we play in the league again.
So I do not know who they will have a game in hand against

They will play Alloa the next again week.

Then it'll be one.
And if we progress on Sunday they'll probably catch up on our semi final weekend.

What a nonesense

Their game against Queen of the South next Tuesday isn't a game in hand, as such.

The games which have been postponed so far are Cowdenbeath (a), Livingston (a) and Hearts (h).

The remaining fixtures for Hibs and Sevco are as follows;

Saturday March 7th

Cowdenbeath v Sevco (Sevco have two games in hand)

Tuesday March 10th

Sevco v Queen of the South (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday March 11th

Hibs v Livingston (Sevco have two games in hand)

Saturday March 14th

Cowdenbeath v Hibs
Sevco v Livingston (Sevco have two games in hand)

Tuesday March 17th

Sevco v Alloa (Sevco have one game in hand)

Sunday March 22nd

Hibs v Sevco (Sevco have one game in hand)

Saturday March 28th

Raith Rovers v Hibs
Sevco v Cowdenbeath (Sevco have one game in hand)

Saturday April 4th

Hibs v Queen of the South (Sevco have two games in hand)

Sunday April 5th

Sevco v Hearts (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday April 8th

Dumbarton v Hibs (Sevco have two games in hand)

Thursday April 9th

Queen of the South v Sevco (Sevco have one game in hand)

Sunday April 12th

Hibs v Hearts
Sevco v Raith Rovers (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday April 15th

Livingston v Sevco (matches even)

Saturday April 18th

Dumbarton v Sevco
Livingston v Hibs (matches even)

Saturday April 25th

Hibs v Alloa
Sevco v Falkirk (matches even)

Saturday May 2nd

Falkirk v Hibs
Hearts v Sevco (matches even)

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Their game against Queen of the South next Tuesday isn't a game in hand, as such.

The games which have been postponed so far are Cowdenbeath (a), Livingston (a) and Hearts (h).

The remaining fixtures for Hibs and Sevco are as follows;

Saturday March 7th

Cowdenbeath v Sevco (Sevco have two games in hand)

Tuesday March 10th

Sevco v Queen of the South (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday March 11th

Hibs v Livingston (Sevco have two games in hand)

Saturday March 14th

Cowdenbeath v Hibs
Sevco v Livingston (Sevco have two games in hand)

Tuesday March 17th

Sevco v Alloa (Sevco have one game in hand)

Sunday March 22nd

Hibs v Sevco (Sevco have one game in hand)

Saturday March 28th

Raith Rovers v Hibs
Sevco v Cowdenbeath (Sevco have one game in hand)

Saturday April 4th

Hibs v Queen of the South (Sevco have two games in hand)

Sunday April 5th

Sevco v Hearts (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday April 8th

Dumbarton v Hibs (Sevco have two games in hand)

Thursday April 9th

Queen of the South v Sevco (Sevco have one game in hand)

Sunday April 12th

Hibs v Hearts
Sevco v Raith Rovers (Sevco have one game in hand)

Wednesday April 15th

Livingston v Sevco (matches even)

Saturday April 18th

Dumbarton v Sevco
Livingston v Hibs (matches even)

Saturday April 25th

Hibs v Alloa
Sevco v Falkirk (matches even)

Saturday May 2nd

Falkirk v Hibs
Hearts v Sevco (matches even)

Easier run-in for Rangers sadly

GreenArmyyy!
04-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Easier run-in for Rangers sadly

No way. We have a much better run-in than they do.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-03-2015, 09:31 PM
No way. We have a much better run-in than they do.

Hopefully. They just seem to have a lot of home games. Fully expect them to comfortably beat Cowdenbeath on Sat to get it back to a point. Our game at ER is huge. Reckon it will end up being a must win for us

Northernhibee
04-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Quite honestly think that we can win every game on the run in. Don't think Sevco are good enough to beat us or our neighbours.

Hermit Crab
04-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Weekend 18th April is the semi final is it not? That would mean a game in hand for us should we get through.

portycabbage
04-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Hopefully. They just seem to have a lot of home games. Fully expect them to comfortably beat Cowdenbeath on Sat to get it back to a point. Our game at ER is huge. Reckon it will end up being a must win for us

I think the game at ER is must win for them rather than us. They also have to play the Yamboids and Queens twice each (we have them once each), and they've not really beaten anyone comfortably (including Cowdenbeath) since early November. They have 7 out of 13 remaining games at home, and 3 home games are in the next 2 weeks. They don't have many easy games after this month, and they basically dropping as many points as they're winning.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Weekend 18th April is the semi final is it not? That would mean a game in hand for us should we get through.

It is, yeah.

If we win on Sunday, we could maybe play that match at Livingston on 17th March, the same night Sevco play at home to Alloa.

portycabbage
07-03-2015, 05:05 PM

To be fair, I thought they would sneak a 1-0 today, just goes to show how pish they are!

Sir David Gray
07-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Only two games in hand now and they're still one win behind us and they still need to play Hearts twice and us once before the end of the season.

I'm pretty confident about this now.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Only two games in hand now and they're still one win behind us and they still need to play Hearts twice and us once before the end of the season.

I'm pretty confident about this now.

And Queens away in early April

HibeeMG
07-03-2015, 06:02 PM
And our goal difference advantage is worth a point at this stage.

Deansy
07-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Surely if the Huns carry on like today, the GFA will appoint Craig Thomson to be in charge of ALL our remaining games ?. Plus, their two games against the 'Charity Thieves' - IF they win the league (I say 'IF' as I truly believe their 'Sprit of 86' will make it's appearance soon !) BEFORE these games, then it'd be a certainty of a 'Lie-down' from them. After all - 'BROTHERS' and all that !!

Alfred E Newman
07-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Ive ticked it loads of times .

Ggtth

The iPad doesn't seem to remember it. Phone and pc are ok. Something to do with cookies .

The_Exile
07-03-2015, 07:40 PM
IF they win the league (I say 'IF' as I truly believe their 'Sprit of 86' will make it's appearance soon !) BEFORE these games, then it'd be a certainty of a 'Lie-down' from them. After all - 'BROTHERS' and all that !!

Dunno, I've got a few jambos in the family and they've all said they want us up with them as a year without the derby would be pish. I reckon that view would be representive throughout their support, apart from the erseholes.

brog
07-03-2015, 09:05 PM
The main thing after today is that 2nd place is now within our own destiny, we don't need to rely on other teams helping us. If we beat Sevco in our next meeting that takes away their current hypothetical/potential 3 point advantage. After that, assuming both teams win other interim games, it's equal points dropped & we'll have a goal difference advantage. Game on!

portycabbage
07-03-2015, 10:24 PM
And Queens away in early April

Queens at home this Tuesday will be tricky for them as well. Dropping points against teams at the lower end of the league isn't going to help them, given their recent form against teams around them (1 point from last 15 against other top 5 sides). And 4 or 5 of their last 7 games are against falkirk, hertz, queens (and raith), with the other 2 away (to livi/dumbarton). I don't see them getting many wins after the end of March.