PDA

View Full Version : EPL Season Ticket Early Bird prices

wookie70
03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Just had a look at Sunderland and Stoke season Ticket prices on Hotdeals today. Sunderland are £395 for an adult and child with each child thereafter £25. A child is also up to 16 years old.

Stoke have Adult season Tickets for £294 if bought early. It looks like some of the clubs are going to invest the money received from TV back into the pockets of the fans who deserve it most. Great value for an EPL ticket for Stoke and a fair chance of Sunderland avoiding the drop too.

Mikey
03-03-2015, 06:47 PM
If SKY pumped £££Billions into British football and not just English football we could all do that.

SteveHFC
03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Just had a look at Sunderland and Stoke season Ticket prices on Hotdeals today. Sunderland are £395 for an adult and child with each child thereafter £25. A child is also up to 16 years old.

Stoke have Adult season Tickets for £294 if bought early. It looks like some of the clubs are going to invest the money received from TV back into the pockets of the fans who deserve it most. Great value for an EPL ticket for Stoke and a fair chance of Sunderland avoiding the drop too.

£294 to watch premiership football? That's quite decent. While Hibs will likely still be expecting us to pay £405 for another season in the championship if we don't go up.

Geo_1875
03-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Just proves that TV has taken over football and the fans are really incidental.

hfc rd
03-03-2015, 07:02 PM
If SKY pumped £££Billions into British football and not just English football we could all do that.

Exactly.

Eyrie
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
£294 to watch premiership football? That's quite decent. While Hibs will likely still be expecting us to pay £405 for another season in the championship if we don't go up.

I'd rather watch Hibs than Sunderland or Stoke though.

wookie70
03-03-2015, 07:35 PM

So would I but I would rather watch Hibs against opposition of EPL quality(assuming we were at that level too) for around £100 less than I currently pay.

Swedish hibee
03-03-2015, 07:40 PM

:agree:

lyonhibs
03-03-2015, 07:43 PM
So would I but I would rather watch Hibs against opposition of EPL quality(assuming we were at that level too) for around £100 less than I currently pay.

Get on the blower to Rupert Murdoch then.

You'd practically have to pay me to watch Stoke in particular though.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2015, 08:12 PM

When we are getting 10 million pounds for a televised game feel free to make that comparison again :aok:

Alfred E Newman
03-03-2015, 08:25 PM
When we are getting 10 million pounds for a televised game feel free to make that comparison again :aok:

:agree: If nobody came through the gate these clubs would still be loaded.

Ringothedog
03-03-2015, 08:33 PM
The sad thing is that some folk try to compare our fitba with theirs. There is no comparison. If Scottish football got just 5% of what England gets our football would improve immensely. I still think sky have a moral obligation to pay more than they currently pay us.but not likely to happen.

Gmack7
03-03-2015, 08:40 PM
There's a high percentage of football fans in Scotland have sky (I'm one) but they put a relative pittance into Scottish football compared to English football,
maybe a seasons boycott of sky would force them to cough up, as you could argue the TV deal might actually cost us money in some instances with the stupid ko times we are forced to accept

Sir David Gray
03-03-2015, 08:50 PM

I wouldn't pay £395 every year to go and watch Sunderland.

CallumLaidlaw
03-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Considering what tv money they get, you've got to think they are overcharging their fans.

wookie70
03-03-2015, 09:05 PM
There is obviously little value in watching a team you don't support. However, Stoke and Sunderland fans will feel the same about their clubs as we do about Hibs. For what it is worth I am enjoying watching Hibs this season. Lots of goals and some fantastic play. I take two kids to the game so the value is there for me at least for now when a season ticket for them is £25. Last year for that though as one is coming up 12 and that will be another 70 quid at current prices.

ScottB
03-03-2015, 09:07 PM

Why should they? It's not a charity, it's a business.

Scottish football needs to get over casting envious eyes south of the border and get on with it.

ScottB
03-03-2015, 09:11 PM
There's a high percentage of football fans in Scotland have sky (I'm one) but they put a relative pittance into Scottish football compared to English football,
maybe a seasons boycott of sky would force them to cough up, as you could argue the TV deal might actually cost us money in some instances with the stupid ko times we are forced to accept

Doubtful, wonder what the number of Sky customers, paying for Sky Sports up here, who wouldn't if Scottish football wasn't on it? I'm going to guess its not a huge number, certainly compared to numbers down south.

Ultimately, Sky bid for our rights at an amount they thought it was worth for them to do so, we have a hopelessly weak bargaining position, and a product with limited appeal, particularly outwith Scotland.

Ringothedog
03-03-2015, 09:13 PM

Scottish football needs to get over casting envious eyes south of the border and get on with it.
Nobody is saying that they should pump billions into our game. Something along the lines of what they pay for Scottish cup games would be a start. That would be about £7m a season.

bobbyhibs1983
03-03-2015, 09:16 PM
IMO alot of people fail to realise about clubs like sunderland and stoke(and prob about half the teams in the epl) is there messed up money wise.The tv money that they get gets wasted on players wages, staff costs ,agents and what not.I recall reading in lord sugars book that some teams have a huge turn over(money they earned that got spent i think?)

so a team that say got 100k from tv but have pretty much zero costs due to other money income streams would be better off than a £50million from tv team whom were losing 100k a year,of coure IMO

Sir David Gray
03-03-2015, 09:16 PM

I don't think Mikey was necessarily suggesting that they should.

He was simply saying that if the same sort of money was being put into Scottish football as they get in England then we could probably afford to have cheaper tickets as well.

ScottB
03-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't think Mikey was necessarily suggesting that they should.

He was simply saying that if the same sort of money was being put into Scottish football as they get in England then we could probably afford to have cheaper tickets as well.

Even without their coming cash, they could have cheaper tickets if they wanted to, as could we, if you prioritise that over increasing spending in other areas.

I would think if you gave Scottish clubs another few million a year each, they'd **** it up the wall on player wages.

Jonnyboy
03-03-2015, 09:39 PM

See post 2

andrew70
03-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Stoke and Sunderland two extremely average teams. For all their billions there isn't that many good teams - probably 8 out of 20 - what they do though is sell their game and sell it well. Sky help but they've constantly bigged up their league above all others, their office bearers talk positively, the supporters believe that the league is amazing because they are fed that belief.

Teams in the lower reaches of Spain, Germany etc are far more entertaining than the clubs mentioned for example.

Until we start promoting our game we'll never move forward. Promote it better and we can have a fascinating product although I worry that too many mistakes have happened for it to change in the near future.

Mikey
03-03-2015, 09:57 PM
I would think if you gave Scottish clubs another few million a year each, they'd **** it up the wall on player wages.

Erm.............. I'm not sure where to start with that one :greengrin

lord bunberry
03-03-2015, 10:31 PM
The sad thing is that some folk try to compare our fitba with theirs. There is no comparison. If Scottish football got just 5% of what England gets our football would improve immensely. I still think sky have a moral obligation to pay more than they currently pay us.but not likely to happen.
It's quite hard not to compare our football with the football down south. The people running our game seem to copy everything from the game down south, even the ridiculous naming of the leagues. This country has a history of innovation, but that stops when you get to football.

malagahibby
03-03-2015, 10:39 PM
And it proves that everyone in Scotland should boycott Sky tv until they re negotiate the scottish football deal
2.6 m to the winners of the spl
V
50 m to the relegated EPL team soon to be 100 m
800k to scottish championship winners v 35 m to England .
We get 82k on Sunday -if an epl fixture is moved from a sat 3pm they get 1-25m each team every fixture !
Fans and especially scottish fans are being taken for a mega ride .

ScottB
04-03-2015, 06:19 AM
Erm.............. I'm not sure where to start with that one :greengrin

Well, that's what all the clubs did back when our TV deal was more generous comparably.

It would only take one or two clubs to do that, before the rest followed suit. The same will happen down south in the end. It would take broad agreement, as the German clubs and their FA did, to keep prices low.

ScottB
04-03-2015, 06:24 AM
I do find it bizarre why anyone thinks Sky 'owe' us anything. You can make a case for the BBC having to spend proportionally equal amounts of money, because of the licence fee and its charter, but Sky can do as it pleases; nobody forced the league to take their offer, and nobody can force Sky to make a better one.

Ultimately, if we want to increase that money, we need a better product, that is actually marketed properly (no whinging about armageddon and no sponsors) that might generate broader interest. At the moment Scottish football is just a space filler for Sky and BT, and until our game changes for the better, that's all it will ever be.

easty
04-03-2015, 07:00 AM
If Sky ever are mad enough to offer is silly money for the SPL then I'd no be surprised if 90% of it went to Celtc (and then The Rangers, when they finally sort themselves out) anyway.

J-C
04-03-2015, 07:47 AM
If Sky ever are mad enough to offer is silly money for the SPL then I'd no be surprised if 90% of it went to Celtc (and then The Rangers, when they finally sort themselves out) anyway.

That's what happened the last time SKY gave us loads of money, plus the mad 11-1 voting system to make sure no one would ever change it.

ScottB
04-03-2015, 10:54 AM
That's what happened the last time SKY gave us loads of money, plus the mad 11-1 voting system to make sure no one would ever change it.

Let's not forget we could have been shot of that 11-1 nonsense, but Aberdeen and maybe some others blocked it.

CockneyRebel
04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Let's not forget we could have been shot of that 11-1 nonsense, but Aberdeen and maybe some others blocked it.

Aberdeen and Celtic voted no change - probably the only chance too.

easty
04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Aberdeen and Celtic voted no change - probably the only chance too.

Did Aberdeen have a reason?

CockneyRebel
04-03-2015, 04:03 PM

The chairman (Milne?) never made an official announcement - I did hear that the other 10 chairmen all lobbied him to join in a united front and regain a democratic voting system citing that it may be the only chance we get but he stuck to his guns. I assume he had good reason (to him) but I can't think of one that would benefit Aberdeen or even Scottish football in general.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2015, 05:07 PM
The chairman (Milne?) never made an official announcement - I did hear that the other 10 chairmen all lobbied him to join in a united front and regain a democratic voting system citing that it may be the only chance we get but he stuck to his guns. I assume he had good reason (to him) but I can't think of one that would benefit Aberdeen or even Scottish football in general.

Did wallets get weighed on the way in and on the way out :greengrin ......... I obviously have no basis for saying that and in no way should this be taken as an inference that I think, or have any evidence that, anything underhanded took place.

ScottB
04-03-2015, 09:14 PM

Presumably hoping they'd have been finishing second and taking the boosted prize money rather than a more equitable split.

Glorious St Pat
04-03-2015, 10:03 PM

It's your call to have Sky but I despise Murdoch with a passion and refuse to further his nest. IMO he has destroyed any competitive aspect to UK football due to the obscene amounts of money pumped into the English game. The result is a grossly exaggerated and false market propped up by the Murdoch millions. Scottish TV deals worth £15m for the year and one single EPL game now worth £10m! That is almost twice our turnover last year!

Stop the subscription and reclaim football!

Bostonhibby
04-03-2015, 10:10 PM
It's your call to have Sky but I despise Murdoch with a passion and refuse to further his nest. IMO he has destroyed any competitive aspect to UK football due to the obscene amounts of money pumped into the English game. The result is a grossly exaggerated and false market propped up by the Murdoch millions. Scottish TV deals worth £15m for the year and one single EPL game now worth £10m! That is almost twice our turnover last year!

Stop the subscription and reclaim football!

Yep, that's why I ditched SKY, we only need about 3 million more football fans to follow suit - Scottish subscribers could make a real point as plenty cash going in form Scots based fans but a helluva lot less being paid for Scottish games - Might even be that in a small way Scots Subscribers are helping pay the bloated fees the EPL get for TV rights?

lord bunberry
04-03-2015, 10:41 PM
There was a rumour that Milne thought Aberdeen had a good chance of finishing 2nd and scooping the money that went with it.