PDA

View Full Version : From Facebook good read

hibees 7062
03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
From Second Tier to Top Six - The future for Hibs and HeartsEveryone knew that there would be sides in the Championship this season who would be a class apart from the rest of the division. The table would read that it is just Hearts who have done that but in terms of on the field performances, Hibs have done so too, once they got over their early season jitters.
With it beginning to look like a sure fire bet that it would be those sides getting promoted this season, where exactly would they slot into the Premiership.
I saw someone on Twitter claim that Hearts would be challenging Aberdeen for second. In the light of spanking Cowdenbeath in a manner so hard that it went from horrific beating into hilarious farce. Had Hearts kept up that form (or the form of the first few weeks of the season) all season, then it would be hard to doubt their credentials, but they have not. In spite of their goal difference nearing +60 and a 20 point gap to second, the fact remains that Hearts have strolled the division as much due to the issues others have had. Much of the season, they have done the Champions job of getting past sides without ever having to hit the heights. It is difficult, therefore, to actually know where they are.
Hibs have overcome early season wobbles and worries to become the best side to watch in the division and, arguably, the best side in the division. This is, of course, tempered by the fact that Hibs maintain their ability to self destruct at any given moment. At the back, they still don’t always convince but have the talent in midfield to create space against any defence. No side has pummelled Rangers so totally in the league and no side has consistently pushed Hearts so much. Eventually, they will beat Hearts, more importantly, there is little reason to think they wouldn’t beat Rangers, which they will have to to go through the playoffs.
Were Rangers to be the side to get through the playoffs, there would be no doubt that the side who starts next season would be massively different from the team that finishes this one. It is, therefore, impossible to guess exactly where they might be were they to go up.
But the fact remains that, for next season, there are two top six spots up for grabs. Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Inverness are more or less nailed on to stay there which means that, to get into the top six, Hearts and Hibs must be able to overcome teams such as St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dundee. In that respect, it would be difficult to think that they wouldn’t get into the top six - as tough to beat as St Johnstone are or as good as Dundee can be, across a season, it would be a brave person that would bet against either this Hibs side or this Hearts side to be ahead of them.
Past that, it is difficult to say. Aberdeen certainly won’t get any worse over the summer nor will Inverness. Dundee United look the shakiest of the lot, due to how much they miss Armstrong and Mackay-Steven and may spend next season in transition, especially should they lose Ciftci and/or McNamara in the summer. As such, one would expect the Edinburgh sides to not only slot into the top six but also slot into the top five. If it was Rangers coming up, who knows. Certain Premiership sides still have the fear of them, which no longer exists in the Championship, so they would certainly do well enough to come close to the top six but that, again, is so reliant on what players actually start next season - a question not even Kenny McDowell could answer right now.
It is a credit to the Championship that the sides getting promoted this season will, much as they have this season, comfortably retain their premiership status. But never will there be a crop getting promoted as good as this one.
The one guarantee that can be given is that there won’t be as many 10-0 victories next year

lyonhibs
03-03-2015, 06:03 PM
It's an absolute cringe. On what basis can anyone claim by any generally accepted measure of success that Hibs are the best team in this league??

We're playing some nice stuff and had some great results over the past few months, but up against the same teams, Hearts have maintained a seriously healthy lead over both us and Rangers since the off and haven't let up, at least not in terms of results which, for any team aiming for promotion ASAP is all that matters.

Michael
03-03-2015, 06:25 PM
I disagree with almost everything that. First of all, Hearts are obviously the best teams the league. And, any team (bar Celtic) in the premiership could find themselves struggling at the bottom of the table next season. Teams that aren't Celtic don't do consistency unfortunately.

Springbank
03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Don't get this hearts love in

We gave Stubbs a mountain to climb and a bad start.
He's turned us into a team that the likes of Dundee Utd and The Rangers have admitted are the best footballing side they've played against all season

AL-Qaholik
03-03-2015, 09:08 PM

He's turned us into a team that the likes of Dundee Utd and The Rangers have admitted are the best footballing side they've played against all season

"Best footballing side" doesn't actually equate to best "team" though, does it? You only have to look at the relative successes of Arsenal & Chelsea to see that...

Sir David Gray
03-03-2015, 09:14 PM
It's a bit silly to try and claim that we're the best side in the Championship when we're 20 points adrift of Hearts.

We're absolutely heading in the right direction and I'm hopeful of us being a Premiership team again next season but Hearts are clearly the best side in the league that we're in just now, as much as it pains me to say that.

chinaman
03-03-2015, 09:22 PM

He's turned us into a team that the likes of Dundee Utd and The Rangers have admitted are the best footballing side they've played against all seasonmakes me puke how any hibee can give that shower any credit for anything they do.rotten to the core.

SaulGoodman
03-03-2015, 10:04 PM
We are easily the best team in this league. We're the best team in the world in my eyes.

**** the hearts.

SMAXXA
03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Am I the only one thinking that people seem to be forgetting that there's the small matter of a premiership club to play should we win the playoffs from the championship side of things? Folk seem to be talking like it's a formality 2 will go up from the championship which I think is dangerous and misguided no matter how pish we perceive the likes of St Mirren etc are.

monktonharp
03-03-2015, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Springbank;4316670]Don't get this hearts love in

We gave Stubbs a mountain to climb and a bad start I am with you, and without reading the full post, I would categorically state I don't get this Hearts love in!!!! at all. cringeworthy, to say the least.

monktonharp
03-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Am I the only one thinking that people seem to be forgetting that there's the small matter of a premiership club to play should we win the playoffs from the championship side of things? Folk seem to be talking like it's a formality 2 will go up from the championship which I think is dangerous and misguided no matter how pish we perceive the likes of St Mirren etc are.you are talking/thinking my language. to assume we are going to be top of the playoffs, for a start is sheer folly. to assume that we would then swap places with the premier league team, like Hamilton did to us is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. Hibernian are playing some good stuff at times, and have some class players but I always get the sneaky feeling that our best performers are putting themselves into the shop window with an eye on at least a championship club.Our team management crew all share the same premises. none of them have decided to bring their family(s). up here. wonder why that is? they don't know what could be happening next season, and the club management don't either.I do get perplexed at some of the comments on here about the direction we are going in, EG; playing good football, winning games, class showing through etc but we need to put it into perspective. we are second, in the second league with a real chance of ending up third. not out of it by any means, but there are a lot of twists and turns yet, and as seen before, our club has a penchant of shooting itself in the foot. the cup is our best bet, imho. If that were to happen, sky's the limit as far as commercial things go, at least.