PDA

View Full Version : Access Without Student Card

hfc rd
03-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Just bought a student ticket online for this Sunday's game for one of my mates and am just going to print it off now. However he has just mentioned to me that he has stupidly lost his student ID card and is awaiting his college to issue him a new one.

Does this mean that he won't be able to gain entry into this Sunday's match without a valid student ID card as it states on the printed ticket "Student Matchday" or do the guys at the turnstiles ask to see it?

mike1875
03-03-2015, 11:52 AM
I've bought student tickets a few times and although they say student card must be presented i have never been asked to show one, even when picking up from the ticket office

SeanWilson
03-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Just bought a student ticket online for this Sunday's game for one of my mates and am just going to print it off now. However he has just mentioned to me that he has stupidly lost his student ID card and is awaiting his college to issue him a new one.

Does this mean that he won't be able to gain entry into this Sunday's match without a valid student ID card as it states on the printed ticket "Student Matchday" or do the guys at the turnstiles ask to see it?

Ive bought many student tickets, whilst at Uni and was never asked for my card by hibs or turnstiles, cant see it havig changed much. Very much doubt the turnstile guy will bother at all - i think they still use the machines for scanning at certain turnstiles as well so maybe just go to one off them?

essexhibee
03-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Could always get him to bring a letter showing he has a place at the uni/college and is student studying there such as UCAS acceptance letter or the like. Had to do that myself at a game down here i didn't have my student card for.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Don't worry he won't be asked just scan the ticket and enter.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Just to confirm the above, I know a couple of people who have bought and printed off student tickets and have never been asked to provide ID at the stadium.

Your friend will be fine.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2015, 09:06 PM
How daft am I paying full price when I could just buy student tickets?!

The_Exile
03-03-2015, 09:32 PM
How daft am I paying full price when I could just buy student tickets?!

Good stuff, was waiting on this post. Just gonna sit over here and watch the carnage :greengrin