PDA

View Full Version : Lets make it an occasion to remember!

02-03-2015, 08:49 AM
So here we are, its Scottish Cup Quarter-final week. We have a huge huge opportunity to get ourselves back to hampden! Lets get as many people through the doors as possible, create a great atmotsphere and spur the team onto a semi-final place which will give us all another great day out to hampden!

The ticket prices are cheat so if you are able to make it then get yourself along! Don't just wait for a big day at hampden to decide you want to go, come along and help the team get there first.

GGTTH :flag::gwa:

Billy Whizz
02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Would be great to get over 14,000 or so in. Any idea how many Berwick are likely to bring?

marti1875
02-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Whilst i fully agree with the sentiments in the OP, i worry slightly as reading around the threads on here and even chatting from afar to some friends and people i know, some, not all, think it's already won so will keep their money for the semi.
I know you plea to those types OP but sadly i think it could fall on deaf ears, to some it is easy street on Saturday and it's already in the bag.

Now i think we will win......but it is a very cautious "think" if you get what i mean and no way would i show no respect whatsoever to Berwick. But i hope Stubbs has got this team in a whole different mindset from all the previous years garbage and told them it is not won until that final whistle and to ignore all talk of a possible semi final at Hampdump. :agree:

02-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Whilst i fully agree with the sentiments in the OP, i worry slightly as reading around the threads on here and even chatting from afar to some friends and people i know, some, not all, think it's already won so will keep their money for the semi.
I know you plea to those types OP but sadly i think it could fall on deaf ears, to some it is easy street on Saturday and it's already in the bag.

Now i think we will win......but it is a very cautious "think" if you get what i mean and no way would i show no respect whatsoever to Berwick. But i hope Stubbs has got this team in a whole different mindset from all the previous years garbage and told them it is not won until that final whistle and to ignore all talk of a possible semi final at Hampdump. :agree:

Berwick will be up for this just as much as we are and if we go in thinking its going to be an easy win then we could end up looking very stupid. We have seen many times in the past hibs going into games over confident and we have ended up embarrased. I think Stubbs has drilled a very different mentality into the team but I still think we need to stop getting carried away.

By all means lets go in confident and have the belief we can win but people simply dismissing Berwick and already planning the trip to hampden need to calm down.

Ronniekirk
02-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Would be great to get over 14,000 or so in. Any idea how many Berwick are likely to bring?
Can't see them bringing even a thousand based on Thier results and crowds but if families decide to have a day out in Edinburgh and want to come and watch The Famous Edinburgh Hibees ,then you never know

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 09:41 AM

I'm not so sure everyone agrees with you?

My_Wife_Camille
02-03-2015, 09:45 AM
hopefully Berwick bring as many fans as possible to stop these part timers from getting in

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 09:47 AM
hopefully Berwick bring as many fans as possible to stop these part timers from getting in

That would be funny, Berwick's part time fans keeping Hibs ones out.

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-03-2015, 09:53 AM

It's an optimistic wish!
Don't you think it would be good?

Alex Trager
02-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Very much agree with all said here.

Very stupid to dismiss berwick.
Do people never learn?

And there is the fact this teams never seen a massive Hibs support which would be a good incentive for them.

Also you have the fact that there is now a loyalty scheme to think about if you want tickets for bigger games.

Hopefully we pull a bigger crowd In than the usual 8-9000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
02-03-2015, 10:19 AM
It's an optimistic wish!
Don't you think it would be good?

I think he is referring to some posters saying that they dont want anyone but the ubers to turn up to big games. Which, in all honesty, is the biggest pile of sheite I've ever heard in my life

KazHibby
02-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Its the Cliff and Kevin show for me on Hibs TV, technical challenges/ weather and force majeure allowing!

GGTTH:flag::flag:

berwickhibee
02-03-2015, 10:31 AM
**** Berwick rangers!!! a rampant hibs team to win comfortably:thumbsup: if we lose I will have to move:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Very much agree with all said here.

Very stupid to dismiss berwick.
Do people never learn?

And there is the fact this teams never seen a massive Hibs support which would be a good incentive for them.

Also you have the fact that there is now a loyalty scheme to think about if you want tickets for bigger games.

Hopefully we pull a bigger crowd In than the usual 8-9000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to dismiss Berwick.

I've got a semi for the semi already.

Aldo
02-03-2015, 10:51 AM

Farf,!! Now that made me laugh out loud MWC!! ;-)

emerald green
02-03-2015, 10:55 AM
There are some folk who call themselves Hibs "supporters" but they aren't really supporters.

It seems nothing the club does will entice a number of them back to actually support the team, apart from maybe winning promotion and the Scottish Cup all in the same season.

givescotlandfreedom
02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
The current team and manager deserve a good turnout. Hopefully those who can go will.

givescotlandfreedom
02-03-2015, 11:04 AM
There are some folk who call themselves Hibs "supporters" but they aren't really supporters.

It seems nothing the club does will entice a number of them back to actually support the team, apart from maybe winning promotion and the Scottish Cup all in the same season.
Sadly I think you're right.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2015, 11:14 AM
The current team and manager deserve a good turnout. Hopefully those who can go will.

Correct. Unfortunately though there are people who have wrote this game off already as a gimme. There's every chance we could come a cropper if we don't treat like game properly and go out and do a professional job.

The_Exile
02-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Rubbish teams don't get to cup quarter finals, Berwick aren't here by accident, we will show them the same respect we would show Celtic or Hearts IMO, Stubbsy will make sure of that.

Fully expecting a professional performance and a semi appearance, and to be honest, my main happy thought about this isn't so much winning the cup as I'm not that bothered about it these days, but the money it'll generate for the wage/transfer budget next year.

Keith_M
02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Rubbish teams don't get to cup quarter finals, Berwick aren't here by accident, we will show them the same respect we would show Celtic or Hearts IMOM Stubbsy will make sure of that.

Fully expecting a professional performance and a semi appearance, and to be honest, my main happy thought about this isn't so much winning the cup as I'm not that bothered about it these days, but the money it'll generate for the wage/transfer budget next year.

Not sure about that, as it could well be the luck of the draw. For instance, they were drawn against a non-league team in the last round.

...though I still don't think we should treat them lightly.

lord bunberry
02-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Rubbish teams don't get to cup quarter finals, Berwick aren't here by accident, we will show them the same respect we would show Celtic or Hearts IMOM Stubbsy will make sure of that.

We got to a final with a rubbish team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Rubbish teams don't get to cup quarter finals

7 pts off the bottom of Scottish League Two would suggest they do.

lucky
02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Not bothered how many fans turn up but I can't see anything but a comfortable Hibs win. Just because we are confident does not mean the team will be complacent. As for occasional fans this is a chance to get 5 points in the loyalty scheme which might make the difference in getting a cup final ticket

The_Exile
02-03-2015, 11:28 AM
7 pts off the bottom of Scottish League Two would suggest they do.

My point is they are there on merit having beaten everybody that's been put in front of them, some teams are good cup teams but struggle for consistency in the league. Much like us recently! The pressure's all on us, Berwick have nothing to lose. I'm not expecting us to get beat here mind you :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 04:20 PM

That would do for starters.

Gerard
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
That would do for starters.

After that what next?

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 05:09 PM
After that what next?

Transport laid on from door to door and also a free bar.

02-03-2015, 05:10 PM

I feel sorry for Stubbs and his team in this respect, they have done a good job yet there are still a lot of people not returning because of the hurt past teams and managers have created for us. The club has a lot to make up to the fans for what they have subjected us to, particularly in the last few years but I feel we are on the right road now. The mess we were in was never going to be fixed over night, the club was in too much of a mess. I feel now we have build a team that is committed to the jersey, that care about the club and the morale seems to be there again.

TowerHibs
02-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Sadly I find the number of "supports" thay turn up and don't get behind the guys more worrying.

U will.always have fair weather supporters. Looks at most of man city champions league games.

hibbybrian
02-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Transport laid on from door to door and also a free bar.

Whit!!!!!!!!!! nae food :grr:

Petrie :fuming:

:greengrin

Gerard
02-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Transport laid on from door to door and also a free bar. what kind of free transport and what do you want in the free bar and anything else?

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 08:23 PM
what kind of free transport and what do you want in the free bar and anything else?

Stretch limo, a selection of fine ales and wine and a buffet hopefully once the helipad is finished, flown home straight after to save on the long journey home.

Oh and it goes without saying, Petrie out too.

inglisavhibs
02-03-2015, 08:45 PM
So here we are, its Scottish Cup Quarter-final week. We have a huge huge opportunity to get ourselves back to hampden! Lets get as many people through the doors as possible, create a great atmotsphere and spur the team onto a semi-final place which will give us all another great day out to hampden!

The ticket prices are cheat so if you are able to make it then get yourself along! Don't just wait for a big day at hampden to decide you want to go, come along and help

GGTTH :flag::gwa:
Sorry to say ticket sales after season ticket holders uptake look very poor. Reduced prices and a Scottish Cup quarter final has made no difference and unless there is a late surge our players will run out to a half empty stadium at best. You sometimes wonder if we deserve to win this bloody cup.

Ringothedog
02-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Sorry to say ticket sales after season ticket holders uptake look very poor. Reduced prices and a Scottish Cup quarter final has made no difference and unless there is a late surge our players will run out to a half empty stadium at best. You sometimes wonder if we deserve to win this bloody cup.

There will be at least 11000 at the game which will be the biggest crowd of the quarter final ties. It is only Monday, the game is next Sunday there is plenty time for fans to buy tickets

green day
02-03-2015, 09:52 PM

Well, I just bought for me and my boy if that helps?

Aldo
02-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately the early KO has KO'd my attendance! Had planned to be there but it's the telly instead. :-(

Canongatehibs
02-03-2015, 10:18 PM

They've been given an 'initial' allocation of 1,200 (they don't even have a third of that for home games!!)

Sir David Gray
02-03-2015, 10:23 PM

No more than 200-300 unless the Gorgie branch of the Berwick Rangers supporters association decides to buy a few tickets, since they won't be doing much else on Sunday.

Swedish hibee
02-03-2015, 10:26 PM
I feel sorry for Stubbs and his team in this respect, they have done a good job yet there are still a lot of people not returning because of the hurt past teams and managers have created for us. The club has a lot to make up to the fans for what they have subjected us to, particularly in the last few years but I feel we are on the right road now. The mess we were in was never going to be fixed over night, the club was in too much of a mess. I feel now we have build a team that is committed to the jersey, that care about the club and the morale seems to be there again.

Well said. The "missing fans" thread really upset me reading some people's posts.
Sadly, I don't think it will be a large crowd- but I'll be watching on HibsTV and hoping for a good win. :aok:

Ronniekirk
02-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately the early KO has KO'd my attendance! Had planned to be there but it's the telly instead. :-(

Well that's you pointless and struggling for Cup Final Ticket :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
02-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Well, I just bought for me and my boy if that helps?

I will be printing two or three off on Friday ,there's no rush to do that just now given we will be doing well to shift over 10 000 given recent crowds and calibre of opposition . On T V and early kick off time .I do think more families may turn up if a nice day ,given its the Scottish Cup ,and we are on an unbeaten run .it would be nice to start getting tcrowds on the upward spiral not downwards .

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2015, 12:01 AM
There will be at least 11000 at the game which will be the biggest crowd of the quarter final ties. It is only Monday, the game is next Sunday there is plenty time for fans to buy tickets

11K will be about right, maybe 10,500 ish. Cant see any more than that, game live on telly early kick off & too many folk thinking its won already.

Cameron1875
03-03-2015, 12:15 AM
TV and a 12.45 k.o means anything over 10k would be decent imo.

Be lovely to get 13-14k though.

weecounty hibby
03-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Got tickets yesterday for me and junior. Only be our fourth game of the season but we are really looking toward to it. He has also told his mum last night that he loves travelling on the Alloa Hibs bus as he can learn new words!! You know who you are Simpson and Malcolm🙊🙊

Aldo
03-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Well that's you pointless and struggling for Cup Final Ticket :rolleyes:

Indeed. But Heay ho not a lot I can do to change the scenario unfortunately Ronnie. I was fine with the game bring Sat tbh!

Pre arranged family stuff on the Sunday morning has put paid to my attendance. :-(

jon paul jones
03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Ach, I'll always be there at the SC games, regardless of the results. There is not enough romance about going to the SC games anymore it seems.

IF they played Andy Williams "The Impossible Dream" before the game however, I reckon the crowds would come back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaN8jxAFtDY

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or cause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To fight the unbeatable foe, to reach the unreachable star

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Ach, I'll always be there at the SC games, regardless of the results. There is not enough romance about going to the SC games anymore it seems.

IF they played Andy Williams "The Impossible Dream" before the game however, I reckon the crowds would come back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaN8jxAFtDY

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or cause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To fight the unbeatable foe, to reach the unreachable star

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Very apt :agree:

The_Exile
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Matt Monro - On days like these, could get a medley going!

Green Fish
03-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Spoke to Colin Cameron this morning, he's injured and doesn't expect to play Sunday. He's looking forward to a warm welcome!!

Stranraer
03-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Really looking forward to this one, staying in the Capital and taking my brother to his second Hibs match! Was anyone on here around when we beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup in 65? :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Indeed. But Heay ho not a lot I can do to change the scenario unfortunately Ronnie. I was fine with the game bring Sat tbh!

Pre arranged family stuff on the Sunday morning has put paid to my attendance. :-(

I'm sure you'll get a semi ticket no bother mate.

atomant
03-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Taking my wee boy to his first ever Hibs game and also taking Newcastle supporting father in law..

Aldo
03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm sure you'll get a semi ticket no bother mate.

We will see.

Stranraer
03-03-2015, 05:43 PM
We'll certainly get a lot more than 9,000 if we make it to Hampden :)

Sir David Gray
03-03-2015, 08:53 PM
We will see.

Unless we get drawn against Celtic or, at a push, Dundee Utd, we could potentially get an allocation of around 35,000, if we needed it.

Even if we get Celtic, we would be entitled to half the stadium, which is around 25,000, so even that would be enough for any Hibs fan who wanted to go, to get a ticket.

Aldo
03-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Unless we get drawn against Celtic or, at a push, Dundee Utd, we could potentially get an allocation of around 35,000, if we needed it. Even if we get Celtic, we would be entitled to half the stadium, which is around 25,000, so even that would be enough for any Hibs fan who wanted to go, to get a ticket.

Been to a few in my time Trig. Will see how Sunday goes and take it from there.

Know what your saying like. ;-)