PDA

View Full Version : Berwick Game is Gigantic

Glory Lurker
01-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I'd hate to think how much money relegation has cost us. We can fix some of this by getting to the Final. With luck on our side, a win against Berwick would be rewarded by a do-able semi draw. That's not something we can control, apart from to do all we can to make sure we are there in the first place. Our bit is to be there on Sunday and ramp it up as much as we can. Cheap tickets plus loyalty points. Dae it!

:flag:

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 04:09 PM
If we avoid Celtic, we've got a chance of making the final.

Ideally we would get the winner of Queen of the South and Falkirk but if it was to be Inverness (assuming they beat Raith Rovers) then anything's possible in a one off match at Hampden.

Vini1875
01-03-2015, 04:12 PM
I would rather play celtc before the final as they will much harder to beat in a final, assuming we can make it there. A final and playoffs would be a grand end to the season, a cup win and promotion would be better.

Glory Lurker
01-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I would rather play celtc before the final as they will much harder to beat in a final, assuming we can make it there. A final and playoffs would be a grand end to the season, a cup win and promotion would be better.

I'm hoping someone somehow does celtc so we don't have to play them at all! I'm not sure if that's less likely than us actually winning the damn thing!

Cod Boy
01-03-2015, 04:52 PM
If we play Celtic we cant play one of our best players which is a blow

Spike Mandela
01-03-2015, 04:58 PM

He isn't cup tied so we can request that he played. You never know., Booth played against us last season. They would have MacKay Steven and Armstrong cuptied.

In reality I don't think our current team would be able to handle Celtic, maybe not even Inverness so hopefully others take care of them and we can deal with Berwick.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Correct. Mcgeoch will be ineligible. They would be without Armstrong and McKay Steven though.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 05:00 PM
He isn't cup tied so we can request that he played. You never know., Booth played against us last season. They would have MacKay Steven and Armstrong cuptied.

In reality I don't think our current team would be able to handle Celtic, maybe not even Inverness so hopefully others take care of them and we can deal with Berwick.

Celtic would steamroller us and to a lesser extent Inverness as well.

murray26
01-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I would prefer Celtic in the semi if they get past utd.. Don't agree that we are that far behind ict.. And would be quietly confident of beating them in a final.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Every game we play between now and the end of the season is gigantic.

HoboHarry
01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Correct. Mcgeoch will be ineligible. They would be without Armstrong and McKay Steven though.
Why would he be ineligible?

Jim Herriot
01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Has any manager, player or fan ever described any competitive match as 'not very important'?

Off the bar
01-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Why would he be ineligible?

Condition of the loan from celtc

HoboHarry
01-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Condition of the loan from celtc
Said whom? Is known for a fact or is this an assumption?

Jack Hackett
01-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Has any manager, player or fan ever described any competitive match as 'not very important'?

You don't know any yams then? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 05:33 PM
I would prefer Celtic in the semi if they get past utd.. Don't agree that we are that far behind ict.. And would be quietly confident of beating them in a final.

Dundee Utd's form is poor just now. I really cant see them beating Celtic. I think we would have a chance in a semi or final against any of the others, but it would only be 'a chance' because at their best they all have a chance against us in a one off game.

Anyway ... lets get past Berwick first.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2015, 05:34 PM

Good question

WillowbraeHibby
01-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Every game we play between now and the end of the season is gigantic.

:agree:...... Could not disagree with you there OH

murray26
01-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Yes.. Meaningless games happen quite a lot.

lord bunberry
01-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Did Dundee Utd steamroller us? Celtic would be difficult, but we'd be in with a chance against anyone else.

inglisavhibs
01-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I'd hate to think how much money relegation has cost us. We can fix some of this by getting to the Final. With luck on our side, a win against Berwick would be rewarded by a do-able semi draw. That's not something we can control, apart from to do all we can to make sure we are there in the first place. Our bit is to be there on Sunday and ramp it up as much as we can. Cheap tickets plus loyalty points. Dae it!

:flag:
Huge game for us and it would be nice to see all our supporters who are unhappy with league game pricing make an effort to get along and help us get to another semi final.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Did Dundee Utd steamroller us? Celtic would be difficult, but we'd be in with a chance against anyone else.

No no but I never mentioned them. I'm assuming they will be put out by celtic.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:07 PM

With the exception of us allowing booth to play against us can you think of any other time that's happened? Celtic have loaned players before and have stopped them playing against them. Can't remember who it was though.

lord bunberry
01-03-2015, 06:20 PM
No no but I never mentioned them. I'm assuming they will be put out by celtic.
I don't see why you think Inverness would steamroller us when Dundee Utd didn't.

Stranraer
01-03-2015, 06:37 PM
:agree: my ticket came through the post on Saturday and my brother today moved up to Edinburgh to work for Tom Kitchin. I now have a place to stay when I visit ER :greengrin

HoboHarry
01-03-2015, 06:42 PM
With the exception of us allowing booth to play against us can you think of any other time that's happened? Celtic have loaned players before and have stopped them playing against them. Can't remember who it was though.
I have no idea as I really haven't paid much attention to be honest. I am just pointing out that unless it is the contract then it's just a gentleman's agreement, and it would be pretty churlish of Celtic to deprive him of the opportunity to get a medal.....

Brightside
01-03-2015, 07:10 PM

No point going for promotion then eh! :wink:

Aldo
01-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Promotion has to be our priority however we have the chance to get to Hampden in the SC SF which cannot be over looked IMHO.

Strongest team possible next weekend with another professional performance where nothing less than a victory is required.

Every game between now and then end of the season is a cup final IMHO and we must aim to go out to win every one.

JimBHibees
01-03-2015, 07:21 PM

Disagree only Celtic on current form would beat us however if they were to lose a couple we would still have a chance if we got to the final.

Gmack7
01-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Promotion has to be our priority however we have the chance to get to Hampden in the SC SF which cannot be over looked IMHO.

Strongest team possible next weekend with another professional performance where nothing less than a victory is required.

Every game between now and then end of the season is a cup final IMHO and we must aim to go out to win every one.
any player should be rested if they're on a yellow,we should be good enough with 1 or 2 out

Mikey09
01-03-2015, 07:39 PM

Sorry, don't agree with any of this. I think, in fact I'm positive this Hibs side would give Celtic a real run for there money in a one off cup tie. As for ICT... They are decent but steamroller us?? Really? I think if the last 4 was Hibs, Celtic, ICT and QOS then I'm sure Celtic would want to avoid Hibs out of the 3.

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:41 PM

Behave yourself ?

Slavering git!...

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Behave yourself ?

Slavering git!...

Don't you sit on the fence lol

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Don't you sit on the fence lol

:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
01-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Assuming we beat Berwick we'll take 15-20K to Hampden which means a nice earner for the club when gate money is split. The idea of playing Celtc in the final if they are up for the treble isn't appealing. More than shades of 2001.

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Assuming we beat Berwick we'll take 15-20K to Hampden which means a nice earner for the club when gate money is split. The idea of playing Celtc in the final if they are up for the treble isn't appealing. More than shades of 2001.

Dinnae tell Brooster that tho as he wants only genuine hibs fans there.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Sorry, don't agree with any of this. I think, in fact I'm positive this Hibs side would give Celtic a real run for there money in a one off cup tie. As for ICT... They are decent but steamroller us?? Really? I think if the last 4 was Hibs, Celtic, ICT and QOS then I'm sure Celtic would want to avoid Hibs out of the 3.

Did you think Aberdeen, their closest challengers would give them a game today? Celtic despite not being at their best and played on Thursday night still pished over Aberdeen who played well. Aberdeen imo would beat us fairly comfortably as well.

matty_f
01-03-2015, 10:10 PM
We need to be taking all the games as seriously as we can from now on in, whether it's a cup game v Berwick, a league game, a derby, or a play-off match, if we don't maintain the habit of giving everything we can in matches then we'll pay for it.

I don't think Stubbs would let that happen, he seems to have got the attitude of the team spot on and we seem to have a professionalism about us that has been sadly lacking for a number of years.

As for how we'd do against Celtc, well - we'd have nothing to lose as nobody would expect us to win. If we played our best game and kept possession we'd have an outside chance of a shock.I don't think we'd beat them though, being realistic. They just scudded Aberdeen today, and I would say Aberdeen are a better side than us at this moment in time.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Behave yourself ?

Slavering git!...

If we get through and happen to draw celtic it will be a repeat of the 2013 final score.

poolman
01-03-2015, 10:13 PM

Pharmaceutical alert

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Pharmaceutical alert

No. Reality alert.

hfc rd
01-03-2015, 10:15 PM

Don't think Celtic will be "looking to avoid" any of the teams left in the competition. If they were to get Hibs, ICT, QOS or whoever, they would still fancy their chances rather than looking to avoid a specific team in the next round.

However if Hibs got ICT in the semi then I don't agree with Hermit Crab's prediction that they would "steamroller" us. It would be a close game, just like the Dundee Utd cup tie at ER back in November when we ran them ragged and should have gone through.

poolman
01-03-2015, 10:16 PM
No. Reality alert.

Reality in your world maybe

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 10:16 PM
If we get through and happen to draw celtic it will be a repeat of the 2013 final score.

Chelsea beat Tottenham today 2-0 in the LC final ...But 7 years ago Tottenham beat Chelsea 2-1 in LC final ( After Chelsea taking the lead )

On any giving day any team can beat anyone..I hear what your saying about 2013 BUT it's like you want it to happen.

Can we beat Celtic over 90 minutes in a cup final ?..You bet we can and you and the other negative brigade wont convince me otherwise!

cleanyman
01-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Celtic would pump us.

Inverness would be a tight game.

SteveHFC
01-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Reality in your world maybe

He has a point

PatHead
01-03-2015, 10:21 PM

The same Inverness that got beaten by M'well yesterday?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Chelsea beat Tottenham today 2-0 in the LC final ...But 7 years ago Tottenham beat Chelsea 2-1 in LC final ( After Chelsea taking the lead )

On any giving day any team can beat anyone..I hear what your saying about 2013 BUT it's like you want it to happen.

Can we beat Celtic over 90 minutes in a cup final ?..You bet we can and you and the other negative brigade wont convince me otherwise!

Of course I don't want that to happen but looking at depth in squads and form then you have to say we'd lose to them.

lucky
01-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Not seen ICT play this season but going on our two games against United I'm not convinced they'd hump us. We've not lost a game by more than 1 goal this season that I can remember so I doubt any team would give us a doing

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
The same Inverness that got beaten by M'well yesterday?

The very same.

andrew70
01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Celtic would pump us.

Inverness would be a tight game.

I honestly believe we'd find Queen of the South and Falkirk harder than either Inverness or Dundee United.

Celtic are outstanding just now but and it's a small but they are beatable. Without GMS and Armstrong they are certainly weaker.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Any chance farid might get a run out for this game?

hfc rd
01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Not seen ICT play this season but going on our two games against United I'm not convinced they jump us. We've not lost a game by more than 1 goal this season that I can remember

Neither can I. Really impressive to say the least, if true.

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Any chance farid might get a run out for this game?

No chance...not even played under 20s match yet

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 11:27 PM
No chance...not even played under 20s match yet

So when is he likely to feature again?

andrew70
02-03-2015, 06:31 AM
So when is he likely to feature again?

He may play tomorrow up at Saint Johnstone.

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2015, 06:38 AM
I would fancy us against any team other than Celtic. Inverness are nothing to fear.

Ringothedog
02-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Reading a lot of the posts on here. If we beat Berwick I feel we should not fear anyone in the semi-final. I would add that we are not as bad as some of the more "vocal" posters are making out on this thread but we are not as good as others are making out. I think we would be a bottom six Premiership team but with possibilities of making top 6. We have played 2 premiership teams this season and are unbeaten over 90 minutes.The only team left in the competition that I fear are Celtic who are streets ahead of everyone in Scotland.

Col2
02-03-2015, 06:58 AM
The question - would we beat Celtic in the semi or final is interesting..

To answer that I would ask - are we a better team than we were in the 2013 final?

I think we are. Yes we have no Griffiths but we have an overall stronger defence (remember Maybury) and our midfield is better balanced. Is Malonga or Cummings worse than Doyle? Not sure.

Also .... Celtic team is not as good as 2013 I would guess...

Deek01
02-03-2015, 07:09 AM
any player should be rested if they're on a yellow,we should be good enough with 1 or 2 out

Looking back, it looks like none of our players are on a yellow card going into the match. Malonga was sent off but has served his ban so if we keep things professional on Sunday we could put ourselves into the semi in a great position from a squad point of view.

Brightside
02-03-2015, 07:17 AM
The very same.

If you think INverness would pump us you are 100% on the wind up. Man for man how many of their team would you put in ours?

02-03-2015, 08:00 AM
The thing is though, yes celtic are streets ahead of us but in a one of game anything can happen. Remember ross county put them out in the semi-final a few years back? Stranger things have happened.

Steve20
02-03-2015, 08:24 AM
We need Celtic to be knocked out somehow. Our team wouldn't beat Celtic. Not a chance.

However, I don't think Inverness would steamroller us. Yes, they're a better side than us but in a one off game, I reckon we'd have a chance.

My_Wife_Camille
02-03-2015, 08:37 AM
The thing is though, yes celtic are streets ahead of us but in a one of game anything can happen. Remember ross county put them out in the semi-final a few years back? Stranger things have happened.
Don't believe that for a second. A Championship side beating Celtic in a semi final is too unrealistic. Surely Celtic steamrollered them :rolleyes:

Jack Hackett
02-03-2015, 08:53 AM
The squad we have now would not have been relegated last season and should have nothing to fear from anyone left in the competition...especially in what are one off games

Saying that, we'll probably get mugged by Berwick

Fergus52
02-03-2015, 09:03 AM
People aren't giving Stubbs and has squad anywhere near enough credit.

Celtic would be tough, but I don't see how anyone can say we have "no chance." That's just idiotic, it's a one off football match; anything can happen.

As for Inverness, they'd probably be slight favourites and yogi has them playing well but I reckon we'd have a very good chance of beating them

CallumLaidlaw
02-03-2015, 09:06 AM
It's just as well the players don't have the same mentality as some fans.

In one breathe people are saying we should be wary of Berwick, then in the next breath, we could never beat Celtic or ICT.

The reason we all love football is, anything can happen on the day. Bradford 4-2 Chelsea, Wimbledon beating Liverpool in an FA cup final, Raith beating Celtic in a cup final.

I don't see any reason why we couldnt beat ICT. we are a fit, confident team now, and they are a good team but seem prone to an off day, plus they have no McKay now. And yes Celtic would be heavy heavy favourites, but if we play to our best, and work hard, then you never know what can happen on the day.

But first, lets concentrate on beating Berwick. They will be up for it, so we must be too. :flag:

LancsHibs
02-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Will be made up to beat Berwick Rangers first, will look at the options then!

H18S NX
02-03-2015, 10:17 AM
We would molicate inverness,endof.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2015, 10:20 AM
If you think INverness would pump us you are 100% on the wind up. Man for man how many of their team would you put in ours?

I didnt say inverness would pump us. I said celtic would steamroller us and to a lesser extent inverness as well. It would be a tighter match than celtic but I think they'd still edge it.

In an ideal world celtic and inverness go out this weekend. Unlikely but you never know.

AlbertK86
02-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Did Celtic steamroller Rangers

No

Did we steamroller Rangers

Yes .... Twice and even in the last game which was the worst we've played against them we still won 2-0 away from home. Same score as Celtic had at home to them.

I don't think we'd beat Celtic but I'm confident we could give it a real go with a proper game plan

To say they will steamroller us is surely just a wind up

Cabbage East
02-03-2015, 10:38 AM

No

Yes .... Twice and even in the last game which was the worst we've played against them we still won 2-0 away from home. Same score as Celtic had at home to them.

I don't think we'd beat Celtic but I'm confident we could give it a real go with a proper game plan

I think you'll find they did.

Andy74
02-03-2015, 10:42 AM
I didnt say inverness would pump us. I said celtic would steamroller us and to a lesser extent inverness as well. It would be a tighter match than celtic but I think they'd still edge it.

In an ideal world celtic and inverness go out this weekend. Unlikely but you never know.

I think this is as good a Hibs team as we have had in some time, regardless of what league we are in, and if anything are built better for dealing with teams that are more open.

Celtic have just beaten Aberdeen heavily and when they want to be are on a different level to anyone.

I think this team would be able to compete with the likes of Inverness though. The top league is pretty average and we are as good if not better than most in it just now. We are also confident and used to getting results. That helps whoever you are playing.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2015, 10:42 AM

No

Yes they did. Rangers had no shots on target the whole game. Celtic didn't need to up it a gear as the game was over after 30 minutes. If they wanted to they could have stepped it up and scored 5-6-7 with ease.

Newry Hibs
02-03-2015, 10:52 AM

The reason we all love football is, anything can happen on the day. Bradford 4-2 Chelsea, Wimbledon beating Liverpool in an FA cup final, Raith beating Celtic in a cup final.

Off topic and definately not having a go at CallumLaidlaw - but this gets on my nerves as a great upset. Yes it was a great achievement and they had only been in the league ten years or so, but they did finish seventh in the top division then.

Mainly what irks me is that they beat Luton in the semi.

My_Wife_Camille
02-03-2015, 11:13 AM

In one breathe people are saying we should be wary of Berwick, then in the next breath, we could never beat Celtic or ICT.

I don't see any reason why we couldnt beat ICT. we are a fit, confident team now, and they are a good team but seem prone to an off day, plus they have no McKay now. And yes Celtic would be heavy heavy favourites, but if we play to our best, and work hard, then you never know what can happen on the day.

But first, lets concentrate on beating Berwick. They will be up for it, so we must be too. :flag: spot on. Would have loved to have heard a certain posters 'realistic' opinions of Bradfords chances of beating Chelsea. At Stamford Bridge. At 2-0 down. With Filipe Morais.

This is football. There's no such thing as realism. All there is is pride, passion belief and a lot of dumb luck.

Canongatehibs
02-03-2015, 11:14 AM

Spot on.
Remember 2001?

Big_Franck
02-03-2015, 11:23 AM
I know we'd probably have a slightly better chance of beating Celtc in the semis rather than the final but i'd rather avoid them in the semi.

You never know, they might get put out by dundee united or in their semi and avoiding them until the final would mean we'd qualified for the Europa League qualifiers.

http://spfl.co.uk/spfl/europe-201415/

If we were to get promoted through the play-off and qualify for Europe you could say that we'd had a better season than Hearts.

The_Exile
02-03-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27464444

The above team, is a bottom half championship team.

The below team, are a top half premiership team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30559314

The sooner we all get this through our thick heads, the sooner we can all stop thinking and acting like an dying animal and saying teams will steamroller us! :agree:

patlowe
02-03-2015, 12:34 PM
It's a tough one as it's very difficult to argue that a Championship team is as good, if not better, than teams in the Premiership when we are playing against a lower standard of player every week. However, most observers agreed that the "squad" last season should easily have been good enough to survive. Now, regardless of league, I don't think there are many that would disagree with the suggestion that what we have now is streets ahead in terms of quality and depth than what we had last year. Better in defence, much more quality in midfield and some real goal-scorers up top. Also taking into account our performance against Dundee Utd (and the fact that a poor Rangers team have put quite a few premiership sides to the sword in recent years), I would say we are currently comparable with a mid-table premiership team and should be confident of giving a good account of ourselves in the semi-finals, IF we get through on Sunday.

Spike Mandela
02-03-2015, 12:55 PM
We've never had a great record against ICT no matter how good our team or what league we are in.

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/hibernian-fc/inverness-ct/11/

Yes they are beatable as Motherwell proved yesterday but their form this year is excellent and if we get to the semis I would be looking to avoid them and Celtic.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2015, 12:56 PM
What have I created??? :-) I posted this thread to encourage folk to go along on Sunday. Who's going to make the effort if they think we're in the semi (or even the Final) already. We obviously aren't, and everyone who can should get themselves down to ER on Sunday to do their bit to hopefully get us through.

Onion
02-03-2015, 03:35 PM

We think this every time we play Celtic in a major final and it just doesn't happen (except 72 which was exceptional). Celtic are the last team anyone wants to face in the sunshine in May at Hampden. They always bring their A game and the Cup goes home with them. On any measure, our only realistic hope is for them to come a cropper before the final.

What I'd give just to play one of the other sides left in the final🙏

Mikey
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM

If we do end up in the final against Celtic don't think you'll be boring us to tears every day for a month telling us that we'll be "steamrollered". You can post that pish elsewhere.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
The question - would we beat Celtic in the semi or final is interesting..

To answer that I would ask - are we a better team than we were in the 2013 final?

I think we are. Yes we have no Griffiths but we have an overall stronger defence (remember Maybury) and our midfield is better balanced. Is Malonga or Cummings worse than Doyle? Not sure.

Also .... Celtic team is not as good as 2013 I would guess...I do remember Maybury, perfectly solid player who was far from the worst in our team and was good defensively.

Golden Bear
02-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I do remember Maybury, perfectly solid player who was far from the worst in our team and was good defensively.

:agree:

I totally agree.

Alan Maybury was an excellent professional whose good performances exceeded the poor performances by a considerable distance.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I do remember Maybury, perfectly solid player who was far from the worst in our team and was good defensively.

At the 2013 cup final I watched as his scuffed attempt at a clearance fell to the celtic player outside our box. I was about 2 rows from the front about 15 yards from him and I remember screaming at him to close the bugger down ..... he stood and watched like a Rabbit caught in the headlights as the celtic player swung over the cross for their first goal :grr:

He was OK for most of the time though.

My_Wife_Camille
02-03-2015, 05:26 PM
If we do end up in the final against Celtic don't think you'll be boring us to tears every day for a month telling us that we'll be "steamrollered". You can post that pish elsewhere.
:thumbsup::not worth

Hermit Crab
02-03-2015, 05:28 PM

The PM board? ;)

berwickhibee
04-03-2015, 09:55 AM
tickets bought today,mon the cabbage:thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
04-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but the draw is straight after the Arabs v celtc game (3.30 kick-off) on Sunday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-03-2015, 02:11 PM
I've only checked Ladbrokes but, for anyone with a dodgy sphincter Berwick are 10/1 on Sunday, you might want to back the draw as well right enough.

Franck Stanton
04-03-2015, 03:14 PM
We are talking about the bloody Scottish Cup here aren't we ? God I hate that competition with a passion. We are destined to never win it. Bloody HATE it.

Col2
04-03-2015, 03:25 PM

McGivern and The Admiral. Haynes and the Heff. Player for player we are better, fitter and organised in a totally different way.

Col2
04-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but the draw is straight after the Arabs v celtc game (3.30 kick-off) on Sunday.

That's a shame. I prefer a 3.45 Wednesday afternoon live on sky type slot!!

Fingers crossed we are in it and get Raith Rovers!!

KdyHby
04-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Berwick have sold over 800 tickets, with the remainder of the 1.5k being available to walk ups on Saturday.

Pete
04-03-2015, 05:31 PM
We are talking about the bloody Scottish Cup here aren't we ? God I hate that competition with a passion. We are destined to never win it. Bloody HATE it.

You can't be that old if you don't realise that we've already won it. Twice.

superfurryhibby
04-03-2015, 05:36 PM
In typical glory hunting fashion me and a few even more glory hunting Hibees will be going to the match. I expect us to win comfortably. Should be a decent turn out!

Billy Whizz
04-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Berwick have sold over 800 tickets, with the remainder of the 1.5k being available to walk ups on Saturday.

That's good to hear

Franck Stanton
04-03-2015, 05:43 PM

I stand corrected young man, I should have said "we are destined not to win at AGAIN" - That better. Still HATE the damn thing.

Kavinho
04-03-2015, 05:46 PM
:agree: my ticket came through the post on Saturday and my brother today moved up to Edinburgh to work for Tom Kitchin. I now have a place to stay when I visit ER :greengrin

Tough to get a good nights sleep if you're sleeping in the Kitchin

Pete
04-03-2015, 06:01 PM
I stand corrected young man, I should have said "we are destined not to win at AGAIN" - That better. Still HATE the damn thing.

You make your own destiny my friend.

Personally I love it. It's a challenge and a damn good day out at Hampden (should we get there).

Sergey
04-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Personally I love it. It's a challenge and a damn good day out at Hampden (should we get there).

Unless you're sadomasochistic, I certainly can't vouch for my last couple of visits to Hampden as being pleasurable experiences.

I at least stayed until full-time against Celtic....(50 odd minutes vs the Yams)

Keith_M
04-03-2015, 06:31 PM

If we make the Semi-Final, I'll consider that a decent achievement and a good wee money spinner for the club.

Anything else is for the dreamers :wink:

Thecat23
04-03-2015, 06:53 PM
My nephew is asking if you can buy tickets at the ground on Sunday? He's not on the database as I got him tickets last time!

DTS
04-03-2015, 07:30 PM
My nephew is asking if you can buy tickets at the ground on Sunday? He's not on the database as I got him tickets last time!

Pretty sure the ticket pods for the famous five and East will be in operation

B.H.F.C
04-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Not a Cat A game so doesn't matter if he's not on the database.

Glory Lurker
04-03-2015, 07:51 PM

Would he not be better sorting it through the ticket office tomorrow/Friday? That way he can get loyalty points and be on the database for future, both together might be helpful if we get further in the competition? :wink:

Thecat23
04-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Would he not be better sorting it through the ticket office tomorrow/Friday? That way he can get loyalty points and be on the database for future, both together might be helpful if we get further in the competition? :wink:

Good point, I'll let him know cheers! [emoji106]

Cheers guys for the replies appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
04-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Celtic losing into added time. I think I was a bit hasty with the steamroller comment..........

JimBHibees
04-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Celtic losing into added time. I think I was a bit hasty with the steamroller comment..........

Pity it wasn't the cup game however shows any team can have an off day.

Newhaven
04-03-2015, 09:11 PM
In typical glory hunting fashion me and a few even more glory hunting Hibees will be going to the match. I expect us to win comfortably. Should be a decent turn out!

Better not let Andy74 hear about this since your benefiting from his investment in Hibs :agree:

portycabbage
04-03-2015, 11:08 PM

Our Scottish Cup record is no worse than most teams, it's just that teams like Dundee Utd took a hundred years longer to get 2 wins! We've been runners up more times than any non-OF team as well.

Canongatehibs
05-03-2015, 06:34 AM

last time we played them at ER they had around 80 in attendance.
Glory hunters ;-)

Alex Trager
05-03-2015, 07:27 AM

Until it's in our cabinet at the end of this season?
Two fresh trophies, the playoff trophy and the SC :)

Wilson
05-03-2015, 07:58 AM
I've only checked Ladbrokes but, for anyone with a dodgy sphincter Berwick are 10/1 on Sunday, you might want to back the draw as well right enough.

Will prove a waste of money either way.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Will prove a waste of money either way.

Couldnae agree more.

GreenOnions
05-03-2015, 10:42 AM
McGivern and The Admiral. Haynes and the Heff. Player for player we are better, fitter and organised in a totally different way.

Thinking about all four of these guys just makes me angry. Not at them - they did their best - but at the clowns that have been in charge of our club who brought such players in :bitchy: It's difficult to imagine how so many poor decisions can be taken. I'm not interested in whether these players were good or not previously or when they were younger - none of them was anywhere near up to it when they signed for us - pure and simple - McGivern and Nelson in particular were a complete embarrassment. A football professional should have been able to see that clear as day.

Islington Hibs
05-03-2015, 01:06 PM
St Johnstone show that Celtic are not invincible. It also shows that upsets can happen- focus Hibs!

IF we get through and meet Celtic of course they are favourites- but we have one advantage- they will not have played us this season so will not know quite what to expect. Hope we never need to find out and we meet Dundee Utd in the final but we are certainly a better side than we were at the two previous finals

TRC
05-03-2015, 05:03 PM
This season i think if you look at the games against teams that play football we have been miles ahead. I think the teams we will meet if we progress will be more open games

FranckSuzy
05-03-2015, 05:35 PM
According to ITV Border (https://www.facebook.com/itvborder?fref=photo), it's the Hibs Supporters Club Berwick are playing on Sunday and not Hibernian Football Club :rolleyes: :tee hee:

"The Berwick Rangers F.C. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berwick-Rangers-FC/105472719485858) take on Hibs Supporters Club (https://www.facebook.com/TheHibsClub) in the Scottish Cup quarter final on Sunday.We want to hear from any fans travelling to Edinburgh, let us know your plans ahead of the big game".

Sir David Gray
05-03-2015, 07:36 PM
According to ITV Border (https://www.facebook.com/itvborder?fref=photo), it's the Hibs Supporters Club Berwick are playing on Sunday and not Hibernian Football Club :rolleyes: :tee hee:

"The Berwick Rangers F.C. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berwick-Rangers-FC/105472719485858) take on Hibs Supporters Club (https://www.facebook.com/TheHibsClub) in the Scottish Cup quarter final on Sunday.We want to hear from any fans travelling to Edinburgh, let us know your plans ahead of the big game".

Has the Hibs Supporters Club been told about this? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Has the Hibs Supporters Club been told about this? :greengrin

They're desperately trying to cobble a team together :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
05-03-2015, 08:37 PM
They're desperately trying to cobble a team together :thumbsup:

Frank dougan in goals :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Don't think he's very welcome down Sunnyside way and from what I hear, the feeling's mutual :wink:

KdyHby
06-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Berwick are distributing 600 black and gold balloons pre kick off

Alex Trager
06-03-2015, 10:05 AM

This makes me excited.
It reminds me of the excitement surrounding our games in the cup a few years ago.

The effort S.43 went to to make the fans look good in the stands, and of course everyone else.
It is good to be here

Hermit Crab
06-03-2015, 10:07 AM

They are quite rightly taking this game very seriously. I trust stubbs and the team to do the same :agree:

Brightside
06-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Thats the first 20 mins of the game ruined then!

FranckSuzy
06-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Thats the first 20 mins of the game ruined then!

:agree: They'll just get in the way. Bah humbug :greengrin

HiBremian
06-03-2015, 11:05 AM

Stubbsy's rotation policy has gone too far this time, Suzy :grr:

Canongatehibs
06-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Don't think he's very welcome down Sunnyside way and from what I hear, the feeling's mutual :wink:

who is? !!!

FranckSuzy
06-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Stubbsy's rotation policy has gone too far this time, Suzy :grr:

:tee hee: :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
06-03-2015, 11:23 AM

Ian Black and David Gold!!!!!!!!!!!

FranckSuzy
06-03-2015, 11:48 AM
who is? !!!

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2015, 09:47 PM

I bet they will look black and blue.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2015, 10:01 PM
They are quite rightly taking this game very seriously. I trust stubbs and the team to do the same :agree:

By blowing up 600 balloons?

Hermit Crab
06-03-2015, 10:09 PM
By blowing up 600 balloons?

All part of the occasion for them. They will believe they have a chance.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2015, 10:14 PM
All part of the occasion for them. They will believe they have a chance.

I don't see that blowing up a few balloons is an indication of how seriously a club is taking a match to be honest.

I've no doubt that they'll be up for it on Sunday, this is their biggest match of the season after all. But I'm sure we'll be preparing to do a professional job on Sunday and get safely through to the semis.

FranckSuzy
06-03-2015, 10:22 PM
I bet they will look black and blue.

:tee hee:

jacomo
06-03-2015, 11:06 PM

Can Mike Reilly play up front? He's got the ability to make a nuisance of himself.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2015, 11:58 PM
I don't see that blowing up a few balloons is an indication of how seriously a club is taking a match to be honest.

I've no doubt that they'll be up for it on Sunday, this is their biggest match of the season after all. But I'm sure we'll be preparing to do a professional job on Sunday and get safely through to the semis.

Do you just nit pick with me for any particular reason? Gies a break!

gorgie greens
07-03-2015, 05:54 AM
sure the Celtic player that we had that was not allowed to play against them was Richie Towell, and as for us getting steamrolled when we played Dundee Utd in november we were far from our best and we did ok against them but im not saying were going to beat Celtic if we get through and play them but i dont think the between the Premiership and top 5 teams from the Championship is much at all,

Bay Area Hibees
07-03-2015, 07:33 AM
If we make it we should play final in subdued non-attacking manner. Not to say overly defensive but just frustrate whoever we are playing and grind out a result.

If if nothing else we progress and make some money but I dare to dream...

Keith_M
07-03-2015, 07:48 AM
If we make it we should play final in subdued non-attacking manner. Not to say overly defensive but just frustrate whoever we are playing and grind out a result.

You're getting ahead of yourself.

Our current aim is to get to the semi-Final, therby making a wee bit money and a day out for the Fans. Anything else is just dreaming :wink:

Hermit Crab
07-03-2015, 08:49 AM
sure the Celtic player that we had that was not allowed to play against them was Richie Towell, and as for us getting steamrolled when we played Dundee Utd in november we were far from our best and we did ok against them but im not saying were going to beat Celtic if we get through and play them but i dont think the between the Premiership and top 5 teams from the Championship is much at all,

It will be the same with mcgeoch should we meet celtic at any point.

PatHead
07-03-2015, 09:26 AM

Apart from the new club at Ibrox we haven't done that. Would rather we played our natural game and won another final 5-1. :wink: