PDA

View Full Version : 900 tickets

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Is all we should give to the new Rangers when they visit. We would take a financial hit but winning this game is crucial.
It's time we put winning ahead of business.

J-C
01-03-2015, 11:46 AM
No way, we need their money at £28 a ticket, why stoop to their level, take the cash off them and then rub it in by humping them again. :greengrin

lord bunberry
01-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Is all we should give to the new Rangers when they visit. We would take a financial hit but winning this game is crucial.
I wouldn't be worried if they had 9000 there. They're pish and a full stand won't make them any better.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Business is how we are able to put out the winning team, Hibs can't afford to lose revenue.

hfc rd
01-03-2015, 11:48 AM

That's what I would like as well. Give them the bare minimum, just the way they do to us.
Can't see it happening though unfortunately.

I'm sure the yams did something similar and only gave them half the roseburn?

Pretty Boy
01-03-2015, 11:49 AM
What would be better than cutting Rangers allocation is if everyone got a lapsed fan back to the game to try and get close to selling our own allocation.

Scottie
01-03-2015, 11:51 AM
We can't fill it so take as much money off them as poss then smile as we hump them again. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
01-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Minimum allocation for the Huns, and half price tickets for walk ups on the database.

Sorry season ticket holders. This one needs to be taken for the team.

Edit - oh and have some Hibees above the Huns in the South stand as well. See how they like it.

J

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 11:55 AM
It won't happen in the league game in a few weeks, but if we play them in the play offs, we should be more than capable of selling around 18000 tickets to our own fans for a play off match against Sevco so I would be hopeful of their allocation being reduced for that game.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Minimum allocation for the Huns, and half price tickets for walk ups on the database.

Edit - oh and have some Hibees above the Huns in the South stand as well. See how they like it.

J

ST holders have already taken one for the team. How about walk up take one this time!

marinello59
01-03-2015, 11:56 AM

J

Why should walk ups be half price for a high demand game? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

bingo70
01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Why should walk ups be half price for a high demand game? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Cos it's on the Tele and we need to encourage as many people as possible to get off the sofa or out the pub.

That's why I find it ludicrous we put prices up for category a games.

Mikey
01-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Business is how we are able to put out the winning team, Hibs can't afford to lose revenue.

:agree:

frazeHFC
01-03-2015, 12:02 PM
I want the whole away end full so 3500 of them can watch there team fall to another defeat. :flag:

marinello59
01-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Cos it's on the Tele and we need to encourage as many people as possible to get off the sofa or out the pub.

That's why I find it ludicrous we put prices up for category a games.

If the results we have had against Rangers so far isn't enough to encourage fans back then I would suggest nothing will.

Bristolhibby
01-03-2015, 12:05 PM

To fill the stadium and deny the Huns having a full South stand.

ST holders are not missing out, friends and family can benifit from these half price tickets (that I iust made up).

Or we can have a stadium that isn't sold out with thousands of Huns in the away end?

J

Pretty Boy
01-03-2015, 12:07 PM
To fill the stadium and deny the Huns having a full South stand.

ST holders are not missing out, friends and family can benifit from these half price tickets (that I iust made up).

Or we can have a stadium that isn't sold out with thousands of Huns in the away end?

J

Or supporters can be supporters and pay the asking price, just like ST holders did, for our biggest game of the season.

Bristolhibby
01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Two issues here. Does reducing prices get people in? Don't know.

Should we restrict the Huns? Yes I believe.

How about make it a Hibs Kids day? Mental I know.

J

marinello59
01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Or supporters can be supporters and pay the asking price, just like ST holders did, for our biggest game of the season.

Spot on.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 12:14 PM
It won't happen in the league game in a few weeks, but if we play them in the play offs, we should be more than capable of selling around 18000 tickets to our own fans for a play off match against Sevco so I would be hopeful of their allocation being reduced for that game.

This should defo happen if we have to play them in the play offs, they will do it to us and we will need to do the same back, put 900 of them in the away end and surround them with Hibs fans to the side and above them, see how they like it.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm more interested in what happens if we play them in the playoffs. I presume the SPFL have rules about ticket allocations for play off games.

The South at Easter Road holds just under 4,000 which is going on for 20% of our capacity. An end stand at Ibrox holds 8,000 which is 16% of their capacity. If they expect to get the whole of the south for a play off game then the very minimum we should expect for the Ibrox leg would be 8,000 tickets.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Money every day of the week for me. Cash = players on the pitch of a decent quality. No brainer.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm more interested in what happens if we play them in the playoffs. I presume the SPFL have rules about ticket allocations for play off games.

The South at Easter Road holds just under 4,000 which is going on for 20% of our capacity. An end stand at Ibrox holds 8,000 which is 16% of their capacity. If they expect to get the whole of the south for a play off game then the very minimum we should expect for the Ibrox leg would be 8,000 tickets.

We got the entire Broomloan Stand for 2 Scottish Cup ties a few years back, which I believe was just over 8K tickets. First one we sold about 5500, 2nd time a fair bit less than that.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 12:21 PM

Absoloutley no chance of us getting 8000 tickets. We wouldn't sell them anyway.

Jack Hackett
01-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Anyone live near Rod? Maybe you can go round his house and just check he's ok after reading this :greengrin

As to the suggestion, I'd love this to happen just to give them the finger...but it won't

marinello59
01-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Money every day of the week for me. Cash = players on the pitch of a decent quality. No brainer.

Correct. It's amazing how many fans fail to grasp the basic concept of professional football.

Bishop Hibee
01-03-2015, 12:28 PM
We could sell 5K+ for a play-off at Ibrox. If we don't get that allocation then they should be restricted at ER if the games happen.

League game we need a big home support and the stay at homers should stand up and be counted.

jodjam
01-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Bad idea. Give them the whole stand. If this was to win a title I would agree but it's a battle for 2nd and 3rd in the championship.

iwasthere1972
01-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't cut their allocation. After all they only come to watch The Hibees.

.Sean.
01-03-2015, 12:30 PM

Spot on with that. I reckon we could take 4000 to Ibrox for a play-off game and if they want their usual allocation at Easter Road they can give us a fair allocation at their hole.

Their 'Loyal' have been dressing as seats all year so it shouldn't be too much to ask, really.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 12:32 PM

Nope.

The rules regarding ticket allocation for away fans at play off matches is exactly the same as it is for a normal league match.

The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Hibbyradge
01-03-2015, 12:32 PM
https://agodlessstrumpet.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dont-cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face.jpg

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Loyally points will come in handy that's for sure. :na na:

DH1875
01-03-2015, 12:35 PM

We will if we are in the cup final.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Spot on with that. I reckon we could take 4000 to Ibrox for a play-off game and if they want their usual allocation at Easter Road they can give us a fair allocation at their hole.

Their 'Loyal' have been dressing as seats all year so it shouldn't be too much to ask, really.

If we get them in the play off they will sell out there ground Sean and Hibs will get our usual wee bit in the corner, if they do that we should return the favour when they come to ER as i can see us selling out the three home stands and more which would mean putting Hibs fans in the away end.

erin go bragh
01-03-2015, 12:40 PM

Dont agree mate . We took over 7000 for the Scottish cup tie 10 years ago (. 0-3 )
We would easy take the same if not more for a play off decider .imo

Ggtth

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Hasn't in the past.

MSK
01-03-2015, 12:43 PM
If we get them in the play off they will sell out there ground Sean and Hibs will get our usual wee bit in the corner, if they do that we should return the favour when they come to ER as i can see us selling out the three home stands and more which would mean putting Hibs fans in the away end.Will never happen at ER though ..far too big a security issue/risk ..

DH1875
01-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Dont agree mate . We took over 7000 for the Scottish cup tie 10 years ago (. 0-3 )

Ggtth

And like I said, if we make the cup final, folk will be looking to top up their loyalty points. Either way we are looking at 4k/5k fans easy.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2015, 12:50 PM

Ggtth

We didn't. We got over 7000 tickets but didn't sell them all. There was a cordon about 3/4s of the way across the stand towards the main stand side and Rangers supporters in that small section. We sold just under 5500.

FWIW for a play off game I think we would sell at least 5K tickets but probably more.

Big_Franck
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM
I'd be happy for us to cut their allocation. I know we'd lose a bit of money but it would be pennies in comparison to what we'll lose if we stay down for another season. A full and noisy away end often gives opposition players an advantage. We see it when we travel in big numbers to away games.

Give them the absolute bare minimum and put Hibs fans beside and above them.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Will never happen at ER though ..far too big a security issue/risk ..

Why.?

Scottish Police allowed it to happen at Tynie, Scottish Police allow it to happen at Ibrox so why will it never happen at ER.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Why.?

Scottish Police allowed it to happen at Tynie, Scottish Police allow it to happen at Ibrox so why will it never happen at ER.

:agree: It happened all the time when we were building the east.

MSK
01-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Why.?

Scottish Police allowed it to happen at Tynie, Scottish Police allow it to happen at Ibrox so why will it never happen at ER.And we seen at Ibrox exactly the reasons why it wont happen ..hibs wont want to take the risk & quite rightly so ..

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 01:06 PM

We took 4,000 to Killie a couple of years ago for a SC quarter final that was live on the telly and only 9 months after 'that' final ... I reckon we could sell 8,000 for a play off match nae problem. As I've said, if they want 20% of our capacity then we can demand 16% of theirs. If not we can tell them the alternative is that whatever percentage of Ibrox we get, they get the same for Easter Road.

If they give us 4,000 tickets (8% of Ibrox ) then we give them 1,600 ( 8% of ER ) which doesn't even fill half of the south.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
We took 4,000 to Killie a couple of years ago for a SC quarter final that was live on the telly and only 9 months after 'that' final ... I reckon we could sell 8,000 for a play off match nae problem. As I've said, if they want 20% of our capacity then we can demand 16% of theirs. If not we can tell them the alternative is that whatever percentage of Ibrox we get, they get the same for Easter Road.

If they give us 4,000 tickets (8% of Ibrox ) then we give them 1,600 ( 8% of ER ) which doesn't even fill half of the south.

And if we get our usual 900 tickets for Ibrox (around 1.8% of the stadium), can you really see us only giving them 360 tickets for Easter Road (around 1.8% of our stadium)?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 01:20 PM

Ggtth

No we didn't. Thats a myth. It was more like 5k.

DH1875
01-03-2015, 01:23 PM
And if we get our usual 900 tickets for Ibrox (around 1.8% of the stadium), can you really see us only giving them 360 tickets for Easter Road (around 1.8% of our stadium)?

Why not. We could just give them the south corner of the west stand.

weonlywon6-2

Agree with what you say but Hibs will go for the financial bonus every time
Only rangers were stupid enough to turn away money, was a underlying reason for that as well I bet

Hermit Crab
We didn't. We got over 7000 tickets but didn't sell them all. There was a cordon about 3/4s of the way across the stand towards the main stand side and Rangers supporters in that small section. We sold just under 5500.

FWIW for a play off game I think we would sell at least 5K tickets but probably more.

:agree: Agree. It's a total myth that we took 7-8k to Ibrox for that game. I don't know why people keep saying we did.

Lee Marvin
01-03-2015, 01:24 PM
If we can sell the rest of the stand ourselves, then yes (doubtful, even on such an important game). If not, then no chance.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Why not. We could just give them the south corner of the west stand.

What do you do with the season ticket holders in that section? Would I **** move if it was me and certainly not to accommodate those ****ers.

Big_Franck
01-03-2015, 01:27 PM

That's exactly what we should do in that situation.

If we get a tiny allocation for ibrox in a play-off and we then give them the full south stand it'll be a clear message that we are still a bit soft in my opinion.

I think we'd sell out most of the south stand in a play-off game against the rangers so we wouldn't stand to lose much, if anything.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 01:30 PM

We've never taken 8k to Ibrox in our puff. Even under Mowbray when we were doing reasonably well we only took 5k to that 0-3 cup game. With events in recent years on and off the pitch combined with the disasterous relegation last season there's no way we will take 8k to Ibrox. Think about it. We barely get 8k home fans through the gates at easter rd so what makes you think we will take our average home crowd through to Ibrox which could be during the week. Ffs there was barely 1000 hibs fans at alloa yesterday.

It wasn't that long ago that I was part of only 250-300 hibs fans that went to Ibrox on a Tuesday night under calderwood and we won 0-3. I didn't hear folk screaming for extra tickets then. All of a sudden we win a few and look like we could go up and there's an outcry over tickets for folk who haven't attended regularly for years.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 01:31 PM
The financial hit from another season in the championship is a lot bigger than a missing couple of thousand Sevconians.
Why take the risk?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 01:37 PM
The financial hit from another season in the championship is a lot bigger than a missing couple of thousand Sevconians.
Why take the risk?

We could beat rangers and still not go up. Your point is irrelevant

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 01:40 PM
And we seen at Ibrox exactly the reasons why it wont happen ..hibs wont want to take the risk & quite rightly so ..

Hibs just need to implement better segregation with more stewards and we won't see what happened at Ibrox (handbags stuff) and Hibs can show how it can be done by keeping the 900 away fans safe, Hibs and the police allowed it to happen for the AEK game and that was just after AEK fans had burnt USA flags after 9/11 at there ground, that was a risk but Hibs allowed it to happen so don't see why there would be problems implementing this for a play off game.

Surely Hibs will want as many Hibs fans in the ground as they can possibly get in it if the huns don't give us a decent allocation for the game at greyskull if this play off happens.

Listening to BBC radio yesterday, a comment from Ian Murray, Hibs and Rangers could still be in this league next season, he is right but a bit strange him throwing Hibs in to his answer.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I reckon 3 or 4000 would be a reasonable request for our trip to Ibrox.

I think we would sell that sort of number, no problem at all.

MSK
01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Hibs just need to implement better segregation with more stewards and we won't see what happened at Ibrox (handbags stuff) and Hibs can show how it can be done by keeping the 900 away fans safe, Hibs and the police allowed it to happen for the AEK game and that was just after AEK fans had burnt USA flags after 9/11 at there ground, that was a risk but Hibs allowed it to happen so don't see why there would be problems implementing this for a play off game.

Surely Hibs will want as many Hibs fans in the ground as they can possibly get in it if the huns don't give us a decent allocation for the game at greyskull if this play off happens.

Listening to BBC radio yesterday, a comment from Ian Murray, Hibs and Rangers could still be in this league next season, he is right but a bit strange him throwing Hibs in to his answer.If we fill our own three stands & the rangers fill theirs then that's the first result in the bag ..too many folk are looking for a tit for tat with regards ticket allocation..I don't think hibs will be looking at it that way ..the rangers will get their full whack & its up to us to sell out ours ..

SunshineOnLeith
01-03-2015, 01:57 PM
We won't sell out the league game so letting keep the whole stand is, while galling, sensible.

For a playoff game it should be a matter of bargaining with them. If they get the whole South, we get the whole Broomloan, if we get a rubbish wee corner, they get 1/4 of the South.

Have Hibs said whether STs will be valid for the playoffs? If not, we could consider giving them a slither of the West and pack the rest out with Hibees.

inglisavhibs
01-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Difficult enough getting customers through the door so not a great idea. Rangers made a mess of our tickets but no reason for us to follow them.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 02:00 PM
We won't sell out the league game so letting keep the whole stand is, while galling, sensible.

For a playoff game it should be a matter of bargaining with them. If they get the whole South, we get the whole Broomloan, if we get a rubbish wee corner, they get 1/4 of the South.

Have Hibs said whether STs will be valid for the playoffs? If not, we could consider giving them a slither of the West and pack the rest out with Hibees.

They haven't mentioned anything regarding the play offs but I would be surprised if season tickets are valid for these fixtures.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 02:04 PM
They haven't mentioned anything regarding the play offs but I would be surprised if season tickets are valid for these fixtures.

They 100% should be valid. We as season ticket holders have backed the club when it needed us most and they should be valid for these games as a reward. Plus it would guarantee a decent crowd as some ST holders might not bother as the games will probably be on TV.

renato
01-03-2015, 02:06 PM
If we happen to play sevco in a playoff, does anyone seriously think we wouldn't sell 18-19k tickets for ER? And that's exactly what I'd expect LD to tell them, unless we get access to as much of the Broomloan as we want. And FWIW we'd easily take another 5k+ again, for such a critical game.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
If we happen to play sevco in a playoff, does anyone seriously think we wouldn't sell 18-19k tickets for ER? And that's exactly what I'd expect LD to tell them, unless we get access to as much of the Broomloan as we want. And FWIW we'd easily take another 5k+ again, for such a critical game.

Exactly.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 02:22 PM
They 100% should be valid. We as season ticket holders have backed the club when it needed us most and they should be valid for these games as a reward. Plus it would guarantee a decent crowd as some ST holders might not bother as the games will probably be on TV.

Were they valid for the play offs last season.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2015, 02:25 PM

Yes.

And they will be this year as well imo.

That will be the 'reward' for the loyalty shown that so many have been looking for.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 02:33 PM
If we fill our own three stands & the rangers fill theirs then that's the first result in the bag ..too many folk are looking for a tit for tat with regards ticket allocation..I don't think hibs will be looking at it that way ..the rangers will get their full whack & its up to us to sell out ours ..

If the play off happens then there is no doubt in my mind that we will sell out our 3 stands, but if the huns do the dirty on us and only give us 900 tickets at greyskull then the away end should be 3/4 Hibs support as i think there will be the demand for more tickets and the other 1/4 for the away support, (tit for tat) so what if it is, the bigger the Hibs crowd to cheer us on to a win the better in my view, they started it. :na na:

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 02:34 PM

Spot on.

erin go bragh
01-03-2015, 02:37 PM

Well it certainly felt like 7000 or more when we were doing the Hi Bees-bounce .

Ggtth

Deansy
01-03-2015, 02:45 PM

Equally, does anyone believe if we do play 'Satan's 11' in the play-offs, that Craig Thomson WON'T be 'refereeing' both games - once the GFA have decided on Rangers appeal that both games be held at 'I-Brokes' so that more fans can attend ?.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 02:47 PM

They were but I think it was done out of embarrassment considering how our season panned out last year.

I'd like to see season tickets being valid for the play offs this season but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 02:47 PM
If the play off happens then there is no doubt in my mind that we will sell out our 3 stands, but if the huns do the dirty on us and only give us 900 tickets at greyskull then the away end should be 3/4 Hibs support as i think there will be the demand for more tickets and the other 1/4 for the away support, (tit for tat) so what if it is, the bigger the Hibs crowd to cheer us on to a win the better in my view, they started it. :na na:

How did the police stop all this carnage that might happen last season when we did split the stand against Hamilton? Some folk are scared of their next fart.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Yes.

And they will be this year as well imo.

That will be the 'reward' for the loyalty shown that so many have been looking for.

I just couldn't remember if they were PB, i did have a ST but i never renewed for this season but didn't stop me going home and away this season, had only missed about 3 games up until we gubbed the huns 4-0 and then a close family member was taken in to hospital and is still in and that person comes first before going to see Hibs just now, hope to be back seeing the Hibs next weekend though. :aok:

Stranraer
01-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I'd be happy for them to bring 900 fans if they *******s were policed properly. Absolutely disgusting singing against Raith Rovers and yet we were filmed at Pittodrie for singing about Sheep!?

monarch
01-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Glad you're not in charge of finances at ER. This would mean 3000 empty seats in the South Stand. At £28 a pop that's a loss of around £80K which happens to be the average annual wage for a first team player.

Also not sure why you infer 3800 Sevcos would lessen our chances of victory. So far We've done fine this season at the Sports Direct Arena in front of 20-30,000 of the unionist hordes.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Glad you're not in charge of finances at ER. This would mean 3000 empty seats in the South Stand. At £28 a pop that's a loss of around £80K which happens to be the average annual wage for a first team player.

Also not sure why you infer 3800 Sevcos would lessen our chances of victory. So far We've done fine this season at the Sports Direct Arena in front of 20-30,000 of the unionist hordes.

Why do you think we'd have 3000 empty seats, do you not think we could sell 19k tickets for that game, we were near that last season for the game against Hamilton and we were 2-0 up?

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 03:27 PM
How did the police stop all this carnage that might happen last season when we did split the stand against Hamilton? Some folk are scared of their next fart.

Not forgetting there will be a high police presence at this game and extra stewards on the day so there should be no problem in policing a small number of away supporters in the corner of the away end, of course this will all depend on the allocation we get at greyskull if we get the Rangers in the play offs, but you just no they will pack ibrox out for a game like this and we will get the wee bit in the corner again, if that is the case then i hope Leeann Dempster returns the favour by giving them the smallest amount they are entitled to for the game at ER.

The way some folk are acting you would think we were playing Isis.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Not forgetting there will be a high police presence at this game and extra stewards on the day so there should be no problem in policing a small number of away supporters in the corner of the away end, of course this will all depend on the allocation we get at greyskull if we get the Rangers in the play offs, but you just no they will pack ibrox out for a game like this and we will get the wee bit in the corner again, if that is the case then i hope Leeann Dempster returns the favour by giving them the smallest amount they are entitled to for the game at ER.

:agree: Some folk on here have never been to a real category A game, christ down here away fans are sometimes bused in, in a convoy and bused out the same way.

They are not allowed anywhere except the bus and the ground.

They are not allowed to travel to the ground any other way and are given their tickets when boarding the bus. There's been no real trouble at Hibs games for years, the odd scuffle and the odd bit away from the ground, but as i said before there are folk on here scared of their own shadow.

Mikey
01-03-2015, 03:42 PM

:agree: Some folk on here have never been to a real category A game, christ down here away fans are sometimes bused in, in a convoy and bused out the same way.

They are not allowed anywhere except the bus and the ground.

They are not allowed to travel to the ground any other way and are given their tickets when boarding the bus. There's been no real trouble at Hibs games for years, the odd scuffle and the odd bit away from the ground, but as i said before there are folk on here scared of their own shadow.

Why the fuss? There's only one person on this thread who has mentioned it as being a security issue, everyone else is discussing the financial side of it.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Why the fuss? There's only one person on this thread who has mentioned it as being a security issue, everyone else is discussing the financial side of it.

Not really Mikey, security or financial, why would anyone want it full of huns when we proved last season against Hamilton that its needed for our fans?

monarch
01-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Why do you think we'd have 3000 empty seats, do you not think we could sell 19k tickets for that game, we were near that last season for the game against Hamilton and we were 2-0 up?

I was assuming the OP was referring to the upcoming league match, not a possible playoff. I don't think we'd move 19K home support for the league match given our recent attendances. As for the playoff then I agree we could sell out but probably irrelevant as Falkirk/QOS will eliminate Sevco in the initial playoff round. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 03:53 PM
I was assuming the OP was referring to the upcoming league match, not a possible playoff. I don't think we'd move 19K home support for the league match given our recent attendances. As for the playoff then I agree we could sell out but probably irrelevant as Falkirk/QOS will eliminate Sevco in the initial playoff round. :wink:

:greengrin

Keith_M
01-03-2015, 04:00 PM

Actually, we sold 6,400 tickets for the game in 2005.

Each section in the Broomloan Stand holds roughly 800 and we sold out all five in the top tier and three in the lower tier. For some strange reason, they decided to sell a couple of hundred tickets to their vile followers in the other two lower sections (although we could have had those as well, if we'd requested more).

CraigHibee
01-03-2015, 04:06 PM
oh and have some Hibees above the Huns in the South stand as well. See how they like it.

J

sounds good, I would also provide free plastic cups so we can piss in them and give them a shower from above

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 04:11 PM

:faf: ..... Brilliant

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 04:24 PM

Yes I can .. If we can get 18K for a game against Hamilton we can easily do that for a game against the Zombies. Whatever happens if we do play them its certain it will be for a crack at the Premier team, Hibs just need to price it properly ... For example, if it was £15 to get in with a promise that we charge £10 for the play off final should we make it.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes I can .. If we can get 18K for a game against Hamilton we can easily do that for a game against the Zombies. Whatever happens if we do play them its certain it will be for a crack at the Premier team, Hibs just need to price it properly ... For example, if it was £15 to get in with a promise that we charge £10 for the play off final should we make it.

My question wasn't whether or not we could sell 18000 tickets to Hibs fans for a play off match against Sevco (I have no doubt that we could). My question was whether or not Hibs would only issue Sevco with an allocation of 360 tickets if they only gave us 900 tickets for the match at Ibrox.

I don't think we would do that.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 04:35 PM
My question wasn't whether or not we could sell 18000 tickets to Hibs fans for a play off match against Sevco (I have no doubt that we could). My question was whether or not Hibs would only issue Sevco with an allocation of 360 tickets if they only gave us 900 tickets for the match at Ibrox.

I think we would give them and should give them a reduced amount if this game happens.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 04:47 PM
We've never taken 8k to Ibrox in our puff. Even under Mowbray when we were doing reasonably well we only took 5k to that 0-3 cup game. With events in recent years on and off the pitch combined with the disasterous relegation last season there's no way we will take 8k to Ibrox. Think about it. We barely get 8k home fans through the gates at easter rd so what makes you think we will take our average home crowd through to Ibrox which could be during the week. Ffs there was barely 1000 hibs fans at alloa yesterday.

It wasn't that long ago that I was part of only 250-300 hibs fans that went to Ibrox on a Tuesday night under calderwood and we won 0-3. I didn't hear folk screaming for extra tickets then. All of a sudden we win a few and look like we could go up and there's an outcry over tickets for folk who haven't attended regularly for years.

In 2004 we took 7,000 fans to a League cup semi and 2 months later 35,000 to the final. I don't think our away support for big games has any correlation with our average home gates or average away support for that matter.

The outcry for tickets from folk who haven't been for years is why we can take 35,000 to cup finals and 4,000 to Killie and get 20,000 for a new year derby when we are rank and why I think we could get 8,000 through to Zombieland.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 04:53 PM
In 2004 we took 7,000 fans to a League cup semi and 2 months later 35,000 to the final. I don't think our away support for big games has any correlation with our average home gates or average away support for that matter.

The outcry for tickets from folk who haven't been for years is why we can take 35,000 to cup finals and 4,000 to Killie and get 20,000 for a new year derby when we are rank and why I think we could get 8,000 through to Zombieland.

A cup final is higher profile than a playoff game that doesn't get you promoted. The 35k for the final will never be repeated and I don't think every man and his dog should get tickets for these games.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 04:54 PM

Yet we couldn't sell our allocation Yesterday:rolleyes:

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 04:56 PM

You can see what the fuss is about, pretty sure you commented that the only reason Rangers didn't sell us more tickets for the last game at Ibrox was because they didn't want a noisy Hibs support at the game cheering us on and out singing them, so only right that if they do the same if we get them in a play off and they limit our ticket allocation at Ibrox then Hibs should return the favour by giving them a small amount of tickets for the home game so we don't have a noisy Rangers support, don't you agree.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 05:07 PM
We should be doing everything we can to help us win these games.
Does anyone think it makes no dif how many fans they have in the ground? Has no one ever been at a cat A game at Easter road and seen the lift the away team gets when that stands starts to make a noise?
As far as I'm concerned we have to do every thing we can to win those games, everything.
George Craig has spoken about the benefit of marginal gains. This is one of those situations.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 05:15 PM

I know what your question was Trig. That's why my answer to your question "can you see us only giving them 900 tickets" started "yes I can"

The rest was my reasons for why I think that. If we only get 900 tickets damn right they should get the same, irrespective of the cost.

marinello59
01-03-2015, 05:18 PM
We should be doing everything we can to help us win these games.
Does anyone think it makes no dif how many fans they have in the ground? Has no one ever been at a cat A game at Easter road and seen the lift the away team gets when that stands starts to make a noise?
As far as I'm concerned we have to do every thing we can to win those games, everything.
George Craig has spoken about the benefit of marginal gains. This is one of those situations.

Anything stopping the other three stands making even more noise given that we would still outnumber the away support by three to one? The away stand only makes more noise than us if we let it whether it is full of not.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Yet we couldn't sell our allocation Yesterday:rolleyes:

Going by the posts from folk who were there I'm not surprised ... as I said in the post you replied to I don't think that matters.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Anything stopping the other three stands making even more noise given that we would still outnumber the away support by three to one? The away stand only makes more noise than us if we let it whether it is full of not.

You are absolutely right, but for that to happen we'd need some of those missing fans to return to fill them, and if enough of them do and more, why should they not get half the dunbar end to make it even louder?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Going by the posts from folk who were there I'm not surprised ... as I said in the post you replied to I don't think that matters.

What, so we can't sell out Alloa and which is 40 minutes away but you expect us to take 7k to ibrox? Dreamland.

silverhibee

3 & 3/4 of the stadium would be better and more intimidating. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
A cup final is higher profile than a playoff game that doesn't get you promoted. The 35k for the final will never be repeated and I don't think every man and his dog should get tickets for these games.

If by some miracle we end up in the cup final against Falkirk, QotS or ICT I'll take that bet. Provided 35K tickets are available to us of course. Dundee Utd had 35,000 at this years cup final, don't tell me we couldn't match that.

murray26
01-03-2015, 05:43 PM
If by some miracle we end up in the cup final against Falkirk, QotS or ICT I'll take that bet. Provided 35K tickets are available to us of course. Dundee Utd had 35,000 at this years cup final, don't tell me we couldn't match that.

100% agree with that.. And I'll take that bet too if on offer.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 05:56 PM
What, so we can't sell out Alloa and which is 40 minutes away but you expect us to take 7k to ibrox? Dreamland.

Oh ye of little faith.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Oh ye of little faith.

We'll see. There's no way we will get 7k tickets for Ibrox nevermind sell them all.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 06:24 PM

Of course, but there points in a game where the home fans may be a little bit quiet, such as when we have just lost a goal.
I would hate to be two up, ten to go and the newco pull a goal back. 3800 Sevconians then spend the next ten belting out their hate filled bile, spurring their team towards an equaliser.
It's not a stretch to imagine the Hibs stands going a bit quiet as the nerves kick in.
900 of them would be lot quieter.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 06:38 PM

I have to laugh at these threads, saying we could take 35,000 to Hampden again, when we couldn't sell our allocation yesterday, for a game that was easily accessible.... Just where do all these people go on a Saturday afternoon?

marinello59
01-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Of course, but there points in a game where the home fans may be a little bit quiet, such as when we have just lost a goal.
I would hate to be two up, ten to go and the newco pull a goal back. 3800 Sevconians then spend the next ten belting out their hate filled bile, spurring their team towards an equaliser.
It's not a stretch to imagine the Hibs stands going a bit quiet as the nerves kick in.
900 of them would be lot quieter.

Hopefully our made of sterner stuff than some of the fans here. If we are scared of a quarter of the stadium giving their team more support than the other 75% we may as well give up.

marinello59
01-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I have to laugh at these threads, saying we could take 35,000 to Hampden again, when we couldn't sell our allocation yesterday, for a game that was easily accessible.... Just where do all these people go on a Saturday afternoon?

They're waiting for the prices to come down whilst moaning about their lack of loyalty points. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 06:44 PM
They're waiting for the prices to come down whilst moaning about their lack of loyalty points. :greengrin

:greengrin

murray26
01-03-2015, 06:45 PM

As said above if we do make the final and get allocated 35,000 tickets I'll bet anyone we'd sell them.. If we could do it for a league cup final I'm pretty confident we'd do it for a Scottish.

bingo70
01-03-2015, 06:45 PM

Spend time with family, see mates, play sport, save money, sure there's other things I've not included as well.

People prioritise, an away trip to alloa won't always be top of the list. A big game like a cup final or semi final would take priority over some of those things.

Fwiw I'll always make a hampden trip but it's an unwritten rule in my house when hibs are at home I go, when we're away I spend time with my boy.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Spend time with family, see mates, play sport, save money, sure there's other things I've not included as well.

People prioritise, an away trip to alloa won't always be top of the list. A big game like a cup final or semi final would take priority over some of those things.

Fwiw I'll always make a hampden trip but it's an unwritten rule in my house when hibs are at home I go, when we're away I spend time with my boy.

Some might say they don't deserve tickets then.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:52 PM

Ikea? The pub? **** knows. They are the first to cry "it's not fair" when we don't get a lot of tickets for big away games

bingo70
01-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Hampden would look a bit bare with 800 hibs fans though.

I used to love an away trip, with a young son I need to accept I can't go to them any more though.

Being a season ticket holder too right I'd be expecting a ticket for a hampden trip though.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2015, 06:56 PM

Stevie, there usually on here

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Stevie, there usually on here

Aye. 4000 on the match updates thread.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2015, 06:59 PM

That's a lot, Mikey must be pleased

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 07:00 PM
That's a lot, Mikey must be pleased

Bin the guests. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 07:00 PM
As said above if we do make the final and get allocated 35,000 tickets I'll bet anyone we'd sell them.. If we could do it for a league cup final I'm pretty confident we'd do it for a Scottish.

Oh I know we will sell out, but galling that 35,000 is 5 times the number of ST holders we currently have. Imagine what Stubbs could do, if we were to see some of these people buy a ST

bingo70
01-03-2015, 07:02 PM

Can't believe anyone can get humpty about fans Not going to a game against alloa away in the pishing rain.

Folk have got lives outside of supporting hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Can't believe anyone can get humpty about fans Not going to a game against alloa away in the pishing rain.

Folk have got lives outside of supporting hibs.

So will the same people not go to a Final if it's raining?

bingo70
01-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Yes. People can't justify or simply don't want to go to all away games.

They will still want to go to a high profile game at hampden though.

I don't see the big deal. You'll still get a ticket. Big games at hampden is how we attract new fans. I know the skol cup final was one of the things that made me love hibs but before then I rarely went to games and certainly not any away games.

renato
01-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Some of us would love to go to ER (or pishing Alloa) every week but unfortunately can't, anymore. I still think we'd get 35k at a cup final no bother and I'll be one of them ;-)

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 07:15 PM

I don't see the big deal. You'll still get a ticket. Big games at hampden is how we attract new fans. I know the skol cup final was one of the things that made me love hibs but before then I rarely went to games and certainly not any away games.

Is it?

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2015, 07:18 PM

With the big games at Hampden we've had over the last few years we should have 16k every week then. Or do you mean only if we win the big games at Hampden?

3pm
01-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Is it?

Naw!

Billy Whizz
01-03-2015, 07:19 PM

In some way getting to final's do attract new fans, but we need bigger crowds for the bread and butter games. Bigger crowds = better players = more finals

bingo70
01-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Is it?

It's a factor.

Of course it's not the only way to attract them.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 07:32 PM

So why build a stadium so big?

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 07:36 PM
So why build a stadium so big?

Build and they shall come.....(or not in our case)

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Build and they shall come.....(or not in our case)

But as in this case it's some of the hibs fans that don't appear to want any more than normally go?

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 08:10 PM

Tenerife. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 08:13 PM
But as in this case it's some of the hibs fans that don't appear to want any more than normally go?

Folk won't attend the hard slogs at home and away but as soon as a big game comes along all of a sudden it's not fair that there are not enough tickets for them their mother and auntie Ethel who once walked down easter rd to get some shopping.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Uber fans out in force tonight, feeling a bit grumpy after catching a cold yesterday. :-)

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Uber fans out in force tonight, feeling a bit grumpy after catching a cold yesterday. :-)

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Canongatehibs
01-03-2015, 08:25 PM
9, 900, 9000.....

doesn't matter how many of that lot appear. they'll always have that poisonous anti-Fenian spit on you mentality.

Just an utter, utter rancid outfit.

murray26
01-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Oh I know we will sell out, but galling that 35,000 is 5 times the number of ST holders we currently have. Imagine what Stubbs could do, if we were to see some of these people buy a ST
Fair point.. Annoys me too.. Gave the season ticket up through various reasons but been a regular pay at the gate since.. Am seriously tempted to come back into the fold due to the current good work from the board.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 08:27 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Boring now.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Fair point.. Annoys me too.. Gave the season ticket up through various reasons but been a regular pay at the gate since.. Am seriously tempted to come back into the fold due to the current good work from the board.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Folk won't attend the hard slogs at home and away but as soon as a big game comes along all of a sudden it's not fair that there are not enough tickets for them their mother and auntie Ethel who once walked down easter rd to get some shopping.

But that's not the argument here? If it was then why did we build a stadium far too big for our average crowd?

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 08:53 PM
And I might be wrong but I have not seen anyone complaining that they won't get any tickets for this game should it happen it's about giving the huns a comparable amount to what we get?

Bristolhibby
01-03-2015, 08:53 PM

Agree, but if we get to the final it will be against Celtic, and I'm sure will echo 2013.

J

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:05 PM

See if we get to said final ?... Would you just prefer the hardcore fans like yourself to go along and cheer on the team and maybe take 7 thousand and get outnumbered by say Celtic ? Or take the split and get in excess of 20K tickets and be the 12th man and roar our team on to victory baring in mind thousand of hibs fans will be glory hunters ( As you consistently tell us)

There will always be glory hunter in every walk of life..Be careful what you wish for.

Brooster
01-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Yes. Give me the 8k hardcore any day rather than 22k made up of day trippers.

LaMotta
01-03-2015, 09:11 PM
We've never taken 8k to Ibrox in our puff..

We were very close to it in the 1985 league cup semi final second leg, when there was at least 7000 of us in the away end due to the fantastic first leg result. The away end was half empty until almost half time as we were all stuck on the M8 but filled up after that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEkSTKe3_c

The crowd in our previous home league game that season vs Clydebank? Less than 6000.

If we had a good result in a home play off leg against Rangers then I could see us taking a similar support if offered that many tickets (which we wouldn't be).

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:12 PM

:hilarious

Aye good yin

murray26
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM

That would really inspire the team.. Cup finals are special for a reason.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM

And Brooster is first to mention the day trippers, thought they would have got a mention before now. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:14 PM
We were very close to it in the 1985 league cup semi final second leg, when there was at least 7000 of us in the away end due to the fantastic first leg result. The away end was half empty until almost half time as we were all stuck on the M8 but filled up after that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEkSTKe3_c

The crowd in our previous home league game that season vs Clydebank? Less than 6000.

If we had a good result in a home play off leg against Rangers then I could see us taking a similar support if offered that many tickets (which we wouldn't be).

I remember being there...Beat 1-0 by a Davie Cooper free kick but progressed 2-1 on Agg

FranckSuzy
01-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Tenerife. :greengrin

Yip :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 09:17 PM
And yet with our crowds under 10k there are threads on here most weeks moaning about the negativity some of them are?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 09:19 PM

We had at least 20k day trippers at the Killy final. Most have not been back since.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 09:21 PM
We had at least 20k day trippers at the Killy final. Most have not been back since.

How good would sunshine on Leith have been with 8 thousand there?

LaMotta
01-03-2015, 09:24 PM
I remember being there...Beat 1-0 by a Davie Cooper free kick but progressed 2-1 on Agg

I was too young, wasn't allowed to go, but mind watching the highlights that night on scotsport/sportscene!

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 09:25 PM
How good would sunshine on Leith have been with 8 thousand there?

How good would it be if we could fill easter road first?

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 09:39 PM
How good would it be if we could fill easter road first?

Thank you, which gets back to the original point why would we give the huns a full stand if we could fill it with our own?

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Thank you, which gets back to the original point why would we give the huns a full stand if we could fill it with our own?

Correct.

majorhibs
01-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Boring now.

Uber, Uber, Uber fans.... Dont you all just love yourselves on here, Ubers. Sorry for boring you. You lot really need your own end away from those not at your elevated levels. The club & indeed anyone else who don't match your standards, should be eternally grateful that Hibernian FC are lucky enough to have you. :not worth

HibbyAndy
01-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Uber, Uber, Uber fans.... Dont you all just love yourselves on here, Ubers. Sorry for boring you. You lot really need your own end away from those not at your elevated levels. The club & indeed anyone else who don't match your standards, should be eternally grateful that Hibernian FC are lucky enough to have you. :not worth

:agree:

I hink ill take that £56 jacket back that i bought the laddie as iv'e been a ST holder for 23 years BAR last season.

The Fact is hibs need as many fans as possible and if folk like brooster want hardcore fans like 7K only and nae glory hunters attending games then they are being nieve and need there heid read!!

Behave yersel.

cabbageandribs1875
01-03-2015, 09:49 PM

or you could just laugh at them....like i've been doing :greengrin the loyalty scheme thread is a hoot

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Yip :tee hee:

:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:17 PM

We can't though. That's the point.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:21 PM

You need to get your end away. I'm no über, nor do I love myself. Just think that fans now have to stand up and be counted and turn up to games.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2015, 10:24 PM
We can't though. That's the point.

Well we were not a kick in the area off it in last year's play off, what makes you think we couldn't do it against rangers?

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Well we were not a kick in the area off it in last year's play off, what makes you think we couldn't do it against rangers?

after last year fans are scunnered. It's shown this season with very poor home crowds.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 11:14 PM
after last year fans are scunnered. It's shown this season with very poor home crowds.

Last season was what probably tipped fans over the edge to say, "that's enough for me" but we have been bad for a number of seasons now, bottom six finishes and relegation battles have turned fans away in there 1000s and the man in charge over it all had the cheek to slate the last manager to get us in to the top 6 and a European spot through league placing, we have fell a long way since then and now see us playing in the Championship league against some part time clubs and will have to go through the lottery of the play off's to see if we can make it back in to the top flight at the end of the season.

Yes fans were scunnered about last season, but another season in this league may see a lot of fans not renewing for next season if we are still down here in this league, some fans will not want another season of us watching playing Alloa Dumbarton Cowdenbeath Dumbarton etc etc, it is a must that we gain promotion this season or ER will be a very empty place next season if we are still in the championship.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Bloody Norah .... Canny believe folk on here saying the folk who fill out our support at big games aren't wanted.

So long as the regulars at ER get a ticket I couldn't care less if the rest of our support is made up of Martians and lost tourists so long as we have a big noisy support. The other thing is that big turn outs at cup finals shows that folk still care and maybe some of them will go more regularly.

Ringothedog
02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Bloody Norah .... Canny believe folk on here saying the folk who fill out our support at big games aren't wanted.

So long as the regulars at ER get a ticket I couldn't care less if the rest of our support is made up of Martians and lost tourists so long as we have a big noisy support. The other thing is that big turn outs at cup finals shows that folk still care and maybe some of them will go more regularly.

Couldn't agree more. Every club in Scotland outwith the ugly sisters rely on "day trippers" for big games. Why anybody would get upset about this I really don't understand. Our group of 3 go most weeks home and away. I guarantee that it will go up to 10 for a big game. Do I get upset at this ? No! The more Hibernian fans at a game the better as far as I am concerned.

Ozyhibby
02-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Great thread hijack by the Uber fans. Means it's all about them again even though there is another thread specifically addressing club loyalty.
Still, when your that special, one thread just does not seem enough.

marti1875
02-03-2015, 07:32 AM

:top marks I cannot believe the sheer arrogance of some people who just seem to think they are oh so superior to every other person just because they manage to go to most games home and away!
Really shaking my head in disbelief, especially at one in particular. No thought given about a single person who simply cannot afford it, who, like me is seriously ill so cannot go to every game now, or to people who's work and life patterns just mean it is impossible to go to every game.

Then, as if if couldn't get any worse they all seem to think the other supporters who turn up at the big games are not welcome, it really beggars belief. So, much better if we get to a final, say against Celtc and just give them 42,000 tickets and 8,000 to us eh? laughable too in a strange way. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Great thread hijack by the Uber fans. Means it's all about them again even though there is another thread specifically addressing club loyalty.
Still, when your that special, one thread just does not seem enough.

Especially when this thread IS about getting more of our fans in the ground at Easter Road and less huns, can anyone give me one reason why they would rather have more huns and less Hibs fans at a play off game?

Cup finals or even a play off game against an SPL team will bring up a ticket rush, which will see the loyalty scheme come in use for the first time and rightly so.

Which means those who go regular will at last get the recognition they all seem to crave, and they will then be able to laugh at those folk who never go who are moaning they couldn't get a ticket.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Especially when this thread IS about getting more of our fans in the ground at Easter Road and less huns, can anyone give me one reason why they would rather have more huns and less Hibs fans at a play off game?

Cup finals or even a play off game against an SPL team will bring up a ticket rush, which will see the loyalty scheme come in use for the first time and rightly so.

Which means those who go regular will at last get the recognition they all seem to crave, and they will then be able to laugh at those folk who never go who are moaning they couldn't get a ticket.

BH, I though Ozzy was referring to the game in 3 weeks. When it comes to a potential play off game, I'd give them no more than a couple of blocks.

Ozyhibby
02-03-2015, 09:21 AM
BH, I though Ozzy was referring to the game in 3 weeks. When it comes to a potential play off game, I'd give them no more than a couple of blocks.

I was meaning both Billy. I want that away end as quiet as possible for these two hugely important games.
Second place is hugely important if we want to go up.
Someone mentioned it would cost £80k?
I think it would be well worth it to secure our top flight status for next year.

marinello59
02-03-2015, 09:34 AM
I was meaning both Billy. I want that away end as quiet as possible for these two hugely important games.
I think it would be well worth it to secure our top flight status for next year.

So it's worth the club dropping £80k because some Hibs fans are scared of a stand full of Sevconians? If we fill our three stands and back our team fully we wouldn't hear any noise from them at all.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2015, 09:41 AM
I would have thought we've already sent the tickets for the 1st game. If they only give us 950 or so for the play off game, I'd restrict them too. If my memory serves me right, the gates from the play off games are pooled, so our loss from unsold tickets may not be as great as £80k

Ozyhibby
02-03-2015, 09:42 AM
So it's worth the club dropping £80k because some Hibs fans are scared of a stand full of Sevconians? If we fill our three stands and back our team fully we wouldn't hear any noise from them at all.

It's not a case of being scared. It's about minimising the boost the opposition may get from a full away end in full flow.
We had 3.5 stands full for the play offs last season and you could have heard a pin drop during extra time.

Keith_M
02-03-2015, 10:50 AM

Not as scunnered as they were after 2012, but they still turned up for the 2013 final and the Play-Offs regardless.

itslegaltender
02-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Yup, them. give them the lower tier only and sell top tier to us.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 12:01 PM

I agree, this part of the discussion got turned around somewhere along the road. This wasn't about the Zombies getting 4,000 tickets for ER it was about us getting 8,000 for Ibrox if they did. They get 20% of ER we get 16% of their dump ... what could be more simple ( or fair ) than that.

As for us not being able to sell 8,000 tickets... geeza break. Give me 4 tickets now and I guarantee you I could shift the 3 extra ones to some of the Hibbies I know who don't go regularly nae problem.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
I agree, this part of the discussion got turned around somewhere along the road. This wasn't about the Zombies getting 4,000 tickets for ER it was about us getting 8,000 for Ibrox if they did. They get 20% of ER we get 16% of their dump ... what could be more simple ( or fair ) than that.

As for us not being able to sell 8,000 tickets... geeza break. Give me 4 tickets now and I guarantee you I could shift the 3 extra ones to some of the Hibbies I know who don't go regularly nae problem.

What about the other 7996?

Ozyhibby
02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Yup, them. give them the lower tier only and sell top tier to us.

I would do it the other way round, keep them as far from pitch as possible.

Ringothedog
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM

We wouldn't drop £80k. At least 50% of the gate receipts from the play off games goes to the SPFL. the remainder after costs is split 50/50

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 04:43 PM
What about the other 7996?

Well HC ..... Dunno about you, but I've lost count of the number of threads on here that contain posts from folk saying "aye, there used to be 10 of us going but now there's only 3 of us. I would also guess that most of us know quite a few folk who go along to watch Hibs from time to time who aren't regulars .... I can think of about 8 or so that I know personally, and that's in Galashiels, not even Edinburgh. A shoot out against the Zombies at Ibrox with the prospect of a huge Hibs support being there is just the kind of trip they would be well up for.

marinello59
02-03-2015, 05:03 PM
It's not a case of being scared. It's about minimising the boost the opposition may get from a full away end in full flow.
We had 3.5 stands full for the play offs last season and you could have heard a pin drop during extra time.
Of course its about being scared. There are people playing out the scenarios on here.
What if they out sing us even though we outnumber them three to one?
What if we lose a goal and the Rangers fans back their team whilst we forget ours?
What if it's all even near the end Rangers fans give their team a bigger lift than we can give ours.?
How about we fill pack our three stands out and back our team from start to finish? You are saying the Hibs support will be too nervous to back our team so let's limit the number of away fans. The game thrives on large crowds with a decent away element to it to really crank the atmosphere up. Their stand will be empty long before full time anyway, we're better than them and I don't think anybody could argue that the current Hibs team doesn't know that.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Of course its about being scared. There are people playing out the scenarios on here.
What if they out sing us even though we outnumber them three to one?
What if we lose a goal and the Rangers fans back their team whilst we forget ours?
What if it's all even near the end Rangers fans give their team a bigger lift than we can give ours.?
How about we fill pack our three stands out and back our team from start to finish? You are saying the Hibs support will be too nervous to back our team so let's limit the number of away fans. The game thrives on large crowds with a decent away element to it to really crank the atmosphere up. Their stand will be empty long before full time anyway, we're better than them and I don't think anybody could argue that the current Hibs team doesn't know that.

Bang on ...... lets get our 3 stands whipped up into a bloody frenzy before kick off. Lets never forget the years of pish we have endured at their hands before they went titz up ......... time for revenge!!!

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Anyone changed their opinion on this after yesterday?
Still think we should limit the amount if tickets we give them if we play them in the play off.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Anyone changed their opinion on this after yesterday?
Still think we should limit the amount if tickets we give them if we play them in the play off.

I think it's far more important we get far more Hibs fans to the game.

Pretty poor crowd yesterday and we were very quiet for long spells, although given what was going on on the park that's understandable.

andrew70
23-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Pretty poor crowd yesterday and we were very quiet for long spells, although given what was going on on the park that's understandable.

Thing is I don't see what more Hibs could do, to sell tickets, pre match?

They were actively pushing it all week.

Smartie
23-03-2015, 12:52 PM
I think it is all about negotiation because there are 2 legs to think about.

If they give us a healthy allocation for Ibrox (v.important for us to make our presence felt there) then we give them their usual allocation.

If they play silly buggers then we should make it as difficult as possible for them. And for all of Petrie's faults, he drives a hard bargain when he has something that somebody wants (as well as a general, very healthy intolerance of The Rangers' shenanigans).

Personally I think away supports bring a lot to big games and it would be brilliant if at each game the entire stand behind one goal was full of away supporters.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 12:54 PM

Which is all well and good but I don't think the stay away fans are ready to come back yet and we have never been a noisy support.
If the game is tight the Hibs fans will sit in silence unfortunately. We could do without a big away support helping the Sevco players to find that bit extra.
I don't think we should risk promotion for the sake of selling 2500 tickets.

HibsNutter
23-03-2015, 12:56 PM
We should take a financial hit and keep as many of they bigot wan**** away from the ground as possible, if they're not willing to give us the full away end for the play-off game.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Which is all well and good but I don't think the stay away fans are ready to come back yet and we have never been a noisy support.
If the game is tight the Hibs fans will sit in silence unfortunately. We could do without a big away support helping the Sevco players to find that bit extra.
I don't think we should risk promotion for the sake of selling 2500 tickets.

The play off games will be very noisy I would have thought.

marinello59
23-03-2015, 12:59 PM
We should take a financial hit and keep as many of they bigot wan**** away from the ground as possible, if they're not willing to give us the full away end for the play-off game.

A financial hit means the playing budget suffers. That would be madness.
With so many Hibs 'fans' staying away then we will be counting on the away fans to help fill the coffers.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:01 PM
I think it is all about negotiation because there are 2 legs to think about.

If they give us a healthy allocation for Ibrox (v.important for us to make our presence felt there) then we give them their usual allocation.

If they play silly buggers then we should make it as difficult as possible for them. And for all of Petrie's faults, he drives a hard bargain when he has something that somebody wants (as well as a general, very healthy intolerance of The Rangers' shenanigans).

Personally I think away supports bring a lot to big games and it would be brilliant if at each game the entire stand behind one goal was full of away supporters.

Any evidence of this in deeds rather than just words. Looks to me like Rangers are getting a free ride from the SFA and SPFL which we are part of and Petrie is said to be influential in. As usual with Petrie, talk is cheap.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:02 PM
A financial hit means the playing budget suffers. That would be madness.
With so many Hibs 'fans' staying away then we will be counting on the away fans to help fill the coffers.

If we don't go up, how badly do you think the club will be hit?

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:03 PM
The play off games will be very noisy I would have thought.

The Hamilton game at Easter road was like a morgue.

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2015, 01:08 PM

I agree on all counts PB.

If and when we end up against them in the play offs we must limit ticket prices to a maximum of £20 or even less if we can get away with it. It was a poor turn out from our support yesterday and no matter what we cant have that in the play offs.

As I've said before ..... if they give us a stand at Ibrox we give them a stand at Easter Road. If not we give them a proportion of ER relative to what they give us. If that's 500 tickets then that's what they get. There can be no other way.

Just to give my dead horse another flogging..... yesterday was for me just another tick in the box for a standing area in the FF.

Smartie
23-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Any evidence of this in deeds rather than just words. Looks to me like Rangers are getting a free ride from the SFA and SPFL which we are part of and Petrie is said to be influential in. As usual with Petrie, talk is cheap.

I thought top dollar was achieved when the "golden generation" were sold off. Not always to the teams that we would have wanted them to go to but I reckon he managed the "horse sales" quite well.

That much of that money was allowed to be frittered away is another story.

And whilst the countless rumours about playing hardball when trying to sign players, ultimately leading to us losing out on our preferred targets are only rumours, I'd say that this has had a detrimental effect on us until this season.

I don't like Petrie much at all. But for the 2 playoff games, they have a bunch of tickets that we want, we have a bunch of tickets that they want. For all his faults I would want Petrie over almost anyone negotiating on our behalf under those circumstances.

The SFA and SPFL are a different kettle of fish. He's only one voice and there are probably a lot of desperate chairmen in there wanting another chance to hang on the financial tails of The Rangers. He'll have a job on his hands in there convincing many of them that this is not necessarily for the best (although I'm sure that Dundee United chap would be on his side).

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2015, 01:10 PM
The Hamilton game at Easter road was like a morgue.

That was against Hamilton as we meekly capitulated a 2 goal lead ......... I doubt things would be the same

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:19 PM
That was against Hamilton as we meekly capitulated a 2 goal lead ......... I doubt things would be the same

If we go a goal down I think things would be exactly the same.

marinello59
23-03-2015, 01:35 PM
If we don't go up, how badly do you think the club will be hit?

Basically you are saying that you don't trust the Hibs fans to get behind the team in a potential play off against Rangers so rather than show some heart by out singing the away fans we should do the equivalent of running away by locking them out. And we should drop a few thousand quid of much needed revenue at the same time.No wonder we get threads questioning our bottle.
We didn't lose against Hamilton because of the fans and the outcome of the play offs will be down to the players efforts. If they give us what we want in terms of effort and play etc then I have no doubt that every single fan there will be giving their all to get the team over the line.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 01:44 PM
If we go a goal down I think things would be exactly the same.

No comparison to the Hamilton game where we were appalling. If we are going for it and playing well, the fans will be more than up for it whoever we are playing.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Basically you are saying that you don't trust the Hibs fans to get behind the team in a potential play off against Rangers so rather than show some heart by out singing the away fans we should do the equivalent of running away by locking them out. And we should drop a few thousand quid of much needed revenue at the same time.No wonder we get threads questioning our bottle.
We didn't lose against Hamilton because of the fans and the outcome of the play offs will be down to the players efforts. If they give us what we want in terms of effort and play etc then I have no doubt that every single fan there will be giving their all to get the team over the line.

Could have done with the fans getting behind the team yesterday but it did not happen. Only 10500 there yesterday. Unless we go up, those numbers will not improve.
You can question my bottle all you want but I'm at the game. The reality is we need to go up and anything we can do to help that should be done.

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Thing is I don't see what more Hibs could do, to sell tickets, pre match?

They were actively pushing it all week.

Lower the price for a start.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:51 PM

28 pound for a ticket yesterday is a disgrace:agree:

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 02:02 PM
28 pound for a ticket yesterday is a disgrace:agree:

That's why rangers didn't fill their end. All tickets were taken by supporters clubs but not sold on.

andrew70
23-03-2015, 02:04 PM

To what? I'd suggest £15 but they couldn't do that this season as some season ticket holders would complain. I wouldn't necessarily in fact I'd actively encourage it but then we'd be making a bigger loss IMO.

Hibs have lowered prices before and failed to see a decent increase in attendance.

I agree that £28 is high but we knew the prices before the season started, I feel that a lot of it is just down to people not being bothered rather than time, cost, any other excuse.

The problem is the 2000 'extra' home fans who did come along were badly let down (as were we all) by a shocking performance.

Billy Whizz
23-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Did we not charge around £15 for the play off game last season? If this was the price against Rangers in a play off game, I'm sure we could give them only 2 blocks, and sell the rest to Hibs fans

GreenCastle
23-03-2015, 03:07 PM
That's why rangers didn't fill their end. All tickets were taken by supporters clubs but not sold on.

There was quite a few empty seats in the away end yesterday in the top tier.

Also the usual sing song nonsense from them and the useless stewarding at the front as several of their fans came over the barrier.

DH1875
23-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I agree on all counts PB.

If and when we end up against them in the play offs we must limit ticket prices to a maximum of £20 or even less if we can get away with it. It was a poor turn out from our support yesterday and no matter what we cant have that in the play offs.

Did we not charge around £15 for the play off game last season? If this was the price against Rangers in a play off game, I'm sure we could give them only 2 blocks, and sell the rest to Hibs fans

What if we make the cup final? Do you think the club could or would put some sort of package together? In saying that, with the loyalty scheme now up and running I'd be surprised if people didnt attend the game at £28 a pop. Not only are you supporing Hibs in a playoff game, your adding points to your account which could get you that cup final ticket.

As for the playoff game. There's no way they'd get away with only giving us 900 tickets.

23-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Really? Didn't bother them before - they expected another humiliation. Ticket prices a convenient excuse if you ask me.

Keith_M
23-03-2015, 05:07 PM
As for the playoff game. There's no way they'd get away with only giving us 900 tickets.

There's no rule on how many tickets an away team should get for the Play-Offs, so they would 'get away with' giving us however many they feel like.

My personal opinion is that if we can sell nearly 18,000 for a game against Hamilton, we could sell that many for a game against Rangers.

If we play Rangers in a Play Off game*, I think we should give them the same amount of tickets we gave Hamilton.

* Neither club is guaranteed a place yet, so not counting my chickens

emerald green
23-03-2015, 06:30 PM
No comparison to the Hamilton game where we were appalling. If we are going for it and playing well, the fans will be more than up for it whoever we are playing.

:agree: I think most Hibs supporters in the ground that day knew the writing was on the wall the minute Hibs gifted Hamilton a cheap early goal through appalling defensive play.

The one thing Hibs had to avoid doing, and they go and chuck one in, and not for the first time that bloody awful season.

Leith Green
23-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Give them the bare minimum....

Sir David Gray
23-03-2015, 10:18 PM
There's no rule on how many tickets an away team should get for the Play-Offs, so they would 'get away with' giving us however many they feel like.

My personal opinion is that if we can sell nearly 18,000 for a game against Hamilton, we could sell that many for a game against Rangers.

If we play Rangers in a Play Off game*, I think we should give them the same amount of tickets we gave Hamilton.

* Neither club is guaranteed a place yet, so not counting my chickens

Not quite.

Both clubs need to agree on the away fans' allocation in advance of the match. If no agreement can be made then the SPFL board will make the final decision.

smack
24-03-2015, 11:43 AM
What if we make the cup final? Do you think the club could or would put some sort of package together? In saying that, with the loyalty scheme now up and running I'd be surprised if people didnt attend the game at £28 a pop. Not only are you supporing Hibs in a playoff game, your adding points to your account which could get you that cup final ticket.

If we get to the cup final I would think that as long as you have more than 0 loyalty points that will be enough to secure a cup final ticket