PDA

View Full Version : "Pick and mix" match vouchers idea

Hibbyradge
28-02-2015, 07:33 PM
I never had value from my season ticket in all the years I had one because I need to be away from Edinburgh so often for work.

Midweek games have always been difficult for me to get to and I've often had to miss Sunday fixtures too.

Would it be a good idea for Hibs to sell vouchers for games, maybe in bundles of 6 or 8, which could be used as and when?

They wouldn't guarantee a particular seat, but could offer a slight discount to the buyer and it would give Hibs more cash at the start of the season.

Until I stop travelling for work, I'd be happy to buy into such a scheme.

Are there any downsides to this idea?

IberianHibernian
28-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Great idea . Downside would be that Hibs ( and all clubs I think ) seem to concentrate on selling season tickets at all costs . Instead of paying for a season ticket for about 20 matches , Some fans might prefer to pay up front for 20 tickets that can be used by groups . Like idea of unnumbered seats - make South unnumbered ( if allowed by police ) for all category B matches .

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2015, 08:35 PM
The financial downside for the club would be that fans would only attend games that they have paid for. At the moment they must make a fair amount from fans who have paid for games but do not attend. I've paid for 20 games this season but will realistically only make about 14. With this scheme, I would probably only buy 14 tickets at the start of the season. Better for me but not for the club.

Jack
28-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Been suggested many times in the past and as has been suggested the club aren't keen.

That's no reason why it shouldn't be raised again at a Working Together meeting.

I understand season ticket sales for next season were discussed at the board meeting earlier this week.

iwasthere1972
28-02-2015, 08:52 PM
I think season tickets should be transferable but only on the basis that it's an adult, a child or an old codger who uses the ticket and not adults using kids tickets either. After all the seat has been paid for.

Bristolhibby
28-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Bath rugby do one that is like a season ticket for all the non cat A games.

Seems really popular, know a few guys that have them.

J

Jonnyboy
28-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Been suggested many times in the past and as has been suggested the club aren't keen.

That's no reason why it shouldn't be raised again at a Working Together meeting.

I understand season ticket sales for next season were discussed at the board meeting earlier this week.

Jack, you think there's any chance they might offer favourable prices seeing as they've now got an amount of additional income via HSL and shares?

Beefster
01-03-2015, 06:08 AM
Would harm ST sales more than it would gain in extra sales IMHO. Lots of us buy STs knowing that we may miss a fair number of games.

lucky
01-03-2015, 07:44 AM
As a ST holder I miss at least two games due to other commitments but I accept this as I know I'm virtually guaranteed tickets for the big games away from ER. So I'm not sure why the club would sell me a semi-ST as it would be detrimental to their income.

Northernhibee
01-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Can we just get pick and mix? :hyper

Hibbyradge
01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Can we just get pick and mix? :hyper

Are you Colin Calderwood in disguise?

Northernhibee
01-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Are you Colin Calderwood in disguise?

Yes.

Jack
01-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Jack, you think there's any chance they might offer favourable prices seeing as they've now got an amount of additional income via HSL and shares?

An interesting thought. I suppose now any reduction in the price of season tickets could be seen as being subsidised by the share issue ... and furore that would cause in some quarters!

I wouldn't think so though. The shares deal has always been 'sold' as extra for the football side of things.

Looking at it that way might suggest same ticket prices for next season.

Keith_M
01-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Would harm ST sales more than it would gain in extra sales IMHO. Lots of us buy STs knowing that we may miss a fair number of games.

This.

There's no way that the Club are gonna do something that could adversely affect their income.

Big_Franck
01-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Rather than pick and mix ticket bundles could we not just introduce Hibernian gift vouchers? These could be redeemed against items in the club shop, match tickets or hospitality packages.

I think it would suit a lot of people that want to fork out a decent wedge at the start of the season for tickets knowing they can then just pick and choose a few games without it costing them any more.

If it was marketed well it could also prove popular with people buying friends and relatives christmas and birthday presents.

I can't imagine it would be too expensive or complicated to introduce either.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Rather than pick and mix ticket bundles could we not just introduce Hibernian gift vouchers? These could be redeemed against items in the club shop, match tickets or hospitality packages.

I think it would suit a lot of people that want to fork out a decent wedge at the start of the season for tickets knowing they can then just pick and choose a few games without it costing them any more.

If it was marketed well it could also prove popular with people buying friends and relatives christmas and birthday presents.

I can't imagine it would be too expensive or complicated to introduce either.

You can buy gift vouchers on the ticket site that can be used for tickets but not in the club shop

green&left
01-03-2015, 09:16 AM
If Motherwell and Aberdeen can make it work then surely Hibs could too.

lucky
01-03-2015, 09:19 AM
If Motherwell and Aberdeen can make it work then surely Hibs could too.

In what way do they make it work?

green&left
01-03-2015, 09:29 AM
In what way do they make it work?

In the way they are offering the ticket/service to their supporters I guess? If it didn't work for them, i.e they lost to much income, it wouldn't be on offer?

Should be something for Hibs to look at, especially in the premier league with their erratic TV scheduling.

Steve-O
01-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Wellington Phoenix do it here - a 6 match ticket that can be used for any home game.

Season tickets are better value here though so unsure if profit on those is affected.

Big_Franck
01-03-2015, 09:49 AM
You can buy gift vouchers on the ticket site that can be used for tickets but not in the club shop

Cheers, didnt know that.

If they could also be used in the club shop and on hospitality packages I think they'd be even more popular as christmas and birthday presents though. I think we'd make a decent amount of money from it.