PDA

View Full Version : Important Dates?/Play Off Dates (Merged)

Hibs History
26-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Looking to get a holiday booked but don't want to miss the big games!

Do we have dates confirmed for the play-offs (all stages) semi final and cup final?

A boy can dream can't he!

GGTTH

CB_NO3
26-02-2015, 10:36 AM
No playoff dates confirmed. Although I think the Scottish cup final is confirmed for May 30th. There is a chance Hibs or QOTS could be playing in a scottish cup final and a play off semi final/final.

H18sry
26-02-2015, 10:36 AM
The play off dates will be confirmed when the cup finalist have been decided :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Scottish Cup

Semi Final - weekend of 18/19 April
Final - 30th May

Play-offs
The bottom 6 of the Premiership Doesnt finish until 23rd May. So the play off final could be the wednesday either side of the cup final, or Wednesday 27th and Sunday 31st May

Not sure how they will spread the earlier rounds of the play offs. Last year it was as follows -

Tuesday 6 May, 2014
Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg
4th in Championship v 3rd in Championship

Saturday 10 May, 2014
Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg
3rd in Championship v 4th in Championship

Tuesday 13 May, 2014
Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg
3rd or 4th in Championship v 2nd in Championship

Sunday 18 May, 2014
Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg
2nd in Championship v 3rd or 4th in Championship

Hibs History
26-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Scottish Cup

Semi Final - weekend of 18/19 April
Final - 30th May

Play-offs
The bottom 6 of the Premiership Doesnt finish until 23rd May. So the play off final could be the wednesday either side of the cup final, or Wednesday 27th and Sunday 31st May

Not sure how they will spread the earlier rounds of the play offs. Last year it was as follows -

Tuesday 6 May, 2014
Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg
4th in Championship v 3rd in Championship

Saturday 10 May, 2014
Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg
3rd in Championship v 4th in Championship

Tuesday 13 May, 2014
Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg
3rd or 4th in Championship v 2nd in Championship

Sunday 18 May, 2014
Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg
2nd in Championship v 3rd or 4th in Championship

:thumbsup: Cheers CL!

erin go bragh
26-02-2015, 11:59 AM
In yesterdays een ,it said it is understood the two legged encounter which would decide who would play in the premiership , would take place the preceding Thursday and the day after the final .
If we got to both ( if ) would we be forced to play two massive games one after the other . Ive never heard this happening before .

Ggtth

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2015, 12:00 PM
In yesterdays een ,it said it is understood the two ledded encounter which would decide who would play in the premiership , would take place the preceding Thursday and the day after the final .
If we got to both ( if ) would we be forced to play two massive games one after the other . Ive never heard this happening before .

Ggtth

Anything is possible in ScottisH football, but you would expect that the 2nd leg would be moved back a few days

Mikey
26-02-2015, 12:09 PM
If we get to the Cup Final and the Premiership play off decider our last game of the season will be in early June!

james62
26-02-2015, 12:36 PM
If we get to the Cup Final and the Premiership play off decider our last game of the season will be in early June!

And if we were to lose to Celtic (assuming they win the league) we would have a Europa League qualifier on the 2nd July.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Can they not just bring the last day of the premiership season, bottom 6, from the Saturday to the Wednesday?

Onion
26-02-2015, 01:56 PM
In yesterdays een ,it said it is understood the two legged encounter which would decide who would play in the premiership , would take place the preceding Thursday and the day after the final .

Ggtth

I asked the same question yesterday, having read the same article, and was pounced upon. Looking beyond the next match is just too upsetting for some :greengrin

Diclonius
26-02-2015, 02:07 PM
The play off dates are on the calendar provided in the programme given out at the start of the season in the friendly v Dundee Utd. I'll check them when I can.

Back Lounge
26-02-2015, 02:08 PM
And if we were to lose to Celtic (assuming they win the league) we would have a Europa League qualifier on the 2nd July.

No we wouldn't. The team finishing 4th in the Premiership would then qualify.

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/executive-committee/news/newsid=1999120.html

In response to another request by the member associations, the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings

lord bunberry
26-02-2015, 02:56 PM

In response to another request by the member associations, the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings
It's not that important as were obviously going to win it anyway.

Alfred E Newman
26-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Summer fitba' eh. Now, if we were playing through the summer months these games would be at the end of November and spinning into December.
Yes, the Winter!!

Carheenlea
26-02-2015, 06:55 PM
The Cup Parade will be on Sunday May 31st.

Diclonius
26-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Have to admit I've always been bemused when people have said the playoff dates haven't been released yet, as dates are listed in the calendar in the programme for the Dundee Utd friendly. Presumably Hibs jumped the gun with this one or these are indeed the provisional dates.

4th v 3rd - Saturday 9th May
3rd v 4th - Wednesday 13th May
3rd/4th v 2nd - Saturday 16th May
2nd v 3rd/4th - Saturday 23rd May
Championship v Premiership - Thursday 28th May
Premiership v Championship - Sunday 31st May

An awful lot of football in three weeks, and one that is almost certainly geared specifically to engineer respite from relegation for the Premiership club.

Baldy Foghorn
26-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Have to admit I've always been bemused when people have said the playoff dates haven't been released yet, as dates are listed in the calendar in the programme for the Dundee Utd friendly. Presumably Hibs jumped the gun with this one or these are indeed the provisional dates.

An awful lot of football in three weeks, and one that is almost certainly geared specifically to engineer respite from relegation for the Premiership club.

Cup Final is 30th May, would throw a spanner in the works should we get that far

Sir David Gray
26-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Cup Final is 30th May, would throw a spanner in the works should we get that far

Queen of the South and Falkirk as well.

All three clubs have a chance of being in the Scottish Cup final and making the play off final.

DH1875
26-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm away cup semifinal weekend :grr:.

Mikey
26-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Can they not just bring the last day of the premiership season, bottom 6, from the Saturday to the Wednesday?

Aye, I guess they could do that right enough.

Steady on sir :greengrin

Gmack7
26-02-2015, 08:45 PM
finishing 2nd is crucial

Michael
26-02-2015, 08:50 PM
finishing 2nd is crucial

100% this. Yes, we could knock out Rangers if we came 3rd/4th...but I just think 6 games is too many in that period of time. Only 2nd can realistically go up.

andrew70
26-02-2015, 09:03 PM
100% this. Yes, we could knock out Rangers if we came 3rd/4th...but I just think 6 games is too many in that period of time. Only 2nd can realistically go up.

Alternatively we'll be flying at that point. We are stronger than I've seen us for a long time and our fitness levels are on a different scale to most other Scottish clubs. I think the players would embrace playing so many games when every other club is tiring.

We've been working on the assumption that we'd be in the play offs for sometime now. If we get to the cup final then so be it but the amount of games is not a problem in my opinion.

Nevi_SOL
26-02-2015, 09:12 PM
I know it's not ideal but with the strength in depth we have we are more than capable after finishing 3rd/4th. Id say we have good 2nd options all over the park.

Tully
26-02-2015, 09:22 PM

If that is the dates and one of the teams in the playoff final were also in the cup final then common sense would be too hold the playoff finals a week later surely? Wouldn't be a shock of they didn't though

Tully
26-02-2015, 09:39 PM

Do cup winners enter at 1st or 2nd qualifying round?

Haymaker
26-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Why they **** is it even set up like this in the first ****ing place?

Stupid.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Why they **** is it even set up like this in the first ****ing place?

Stupid.

The added complication this season is Uefa agreed a date of 13th June for Euro 2016 qualifiers, so we need our top league to be running as late as possible to keep our international players match fit.
Ireland play Scotland on 13th June

Billy Whizz
26-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Do cup winners enter at 1st or 2nd qualifying round?

2nd

Haymaker
26-02-2015, 10:06 PM
The added complication this season is Uefa agreed a date of 13th June for Euro 2016 qualifiers, so we need our top league to be running as late as possible to keep our international players match fit.
Ireland play Scotland on 13th June

Mental.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Queen of the South and Falkirk as well.

All three clubs have a chance of being in the Scottish Cup final and making the play off final.

And Rangers...

😎

erin go bragh
26-02-2015, 10:14 PM

Aye and a lot of good it done us last season . Confidence is the key ie winning games breeds confidence , losing does the opposite . Whoever plays the 2nd bottom finnisher will imho beat them over 2 legs . No reason why it cant be us .

Ggtth

Sir David Gray
26-02-2015, 10:18 PM
And Rangers...

Scottish Cup final? :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Scottish Cup final? :greengrin

That was my joke 😊

Sir David Gray
26-02-2015, 10:22 PM
That was my joke 

I kind of thought that but not sure! :thumbsup:

SQHib
27-02-2015, 04:46 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/312016-scottish-premiership-play-off-final-second-leg-to-be-held-on-may-31/

hibbytam
27-02-2015, 04:51 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/312016-scottish-premiership-play-off-final-second-leg-to-be-held-on-may-31/

Whats the odds on hibs getting the the final, and the SPFL refusing to move the play off dates...

Lee Marvin
27-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Whats the odds on hibs getting the the final, and the SPFL refusing to move the play off dates...

Thankfully, that would never happen. Think it woukd be Wednesday/Wednesday

ian cruise
27-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Same day as Edinburgh Marathon? Police will be busy. At least some roads will already be shut

bigwheel
27-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Same day as Edinburgh Marathon? Police will be busy. At least some roads will already be shut

Now there's a problem too soon to worry about....... :wink:

Billy Whizz
01-04-2015, 05:58 PM
I see that Livvi are saying that if the finish 2nd bottom, the play off is the day after all their players are out of contract. Another thing for leagues to sort out

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I see that Livvi are saying that if the finish 2nd bottom, the play off is the day after all their players are out of contract. Another thing for leagues to sort out

Shambles Billy......Has Doncaster and his cronies, came up with a plan B as yet?

Diclonius
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Shambles Billy......Has Doncaster and his cronies, came up with a plan B as yet?

They have a handy chart for this sort of thing.

1. Does the incident involve Celtic or Rangers? If NO, go to 4.
2. Have Celtic or Rangers issued a complaint? If YES, go to 3. If the complaint is against Celtic or Rangers, go to 4.
3. Give them what they want.
4. Ignore.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2015, 09:22 PM
The sad thing is, I'll bet a bunch of high school students, doing a school project, could have devised a better plan than this.

"Shambles" really doesn't do it justice.

Utter farce.

Glory Lurker
01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Well, in fairness, it's only a problem if one of Hibs or Falkirk gets to the Final, so it's understandable that the powers-that-be are waiting to see if that actually happens before making new plans. :rolleyes:

3pm
01-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Play off system is a farce. Prem v 4th and 2nd v 3rd IMO. None of this 6 game pish.

Nando™
01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Play off system is a farce. Prem v 4th and 2nd v 3rd IMO. None of this 6 game pish.

I've always believed that teams finishing in the relelgation zones do not deserve a final chance of staying up whatsoever. This gives a big chance of there being just the one change between the divisions in question. Utter boredom. Spain's set-up is the way.

Eyrie
01-04-2015, 09:58 PM

Agreed. I think that's how the playoffs for First/Second and Second/Third division are organised. It's a blatant attempt to keep whoever finishes eleventh in the Premiership out of the First Division.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Agreed. I think that's how the playoffs for First/Second and Second/Third division are organised. It's a blatant attempt to keep whoever finishes eleventh in the Premiership out of the First Division.

It is. :agree:

portycabbage
01-04-2015, 10:15 PM

Well it hasn't been blatant enough so far!:grr::greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Well it hasn't been blatant enough so far!:grr::greengrin

Aye it worked a treat last season. :rolleyes:

California-Hibs
02-04-2015, 01:17 AM
It going to be a lot of games whatever happens. From a selfish point of view though I'd love it if we reached the last stage of the Play Off decider and faced the 11th placed team on the Wednesday after the Cup Final. With my travel plans looking likely to be May 28th - June 5th I'd not only catch the big Cup Final and parade, but also the chance to see us clinch our place back to the SPL.

Imagine the celebrations!!!

:faint:

Phil MaGlass
02-04-2015, 08:12 AM
It going to be a lot of games whatever happens. From a selfish point of view though I'd love it if we reached the last stage of the Play Off decider and faced the 11th placed team on the Wednesday after the Cup Final. With my travel plans looking likely to be May 28th - June 5th I'd not only catch the big Cup Final and parade, but also the chance to see us clinch our place back to the SPL.

Aye, but imagne if we lose the final(if we get there) and the playoffs, unbearable. memories of a certain Alber Kidd and a Scottish Cup Final come to mind.

KeithTheHibby
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM

Is it normal for teams to have players out of contract at the end of May? I would have thought most players contracts run until the end of June as the window opens 1st July?

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Is it normal for teams to have players out of contract at the end of May? I would have thought most players contracts run until the end of June as the window opens 1st July?

Usually 31st May, but Livvi have run there's to mid May, as the last league game is on the 2nd May

Pretty Boy
02-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Usually 31st May, but Livvi have run there's to mid May, as the last league game is on the 2nd May

Could Hibs have a problem if the play off final had to be pushed back should us or Falkirk reach the SC Final and the play off final?

PatHead
02-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Could Hibs have a problem if the play off final had to be pushed back should us or Falkirk reach the SC Final and the play off final?

Would definitely think so.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2015, 10:04 PM

Just because a contract is finished I don't think it necessarily means that anything happens to the players registration. If a player(s) wasn't contracted to the club then they wouldn't be obligated to play I wouldn't imagine. But I couldn't imagine any players refusing to play for the sake of a few days.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Just because a contract is finished I don't think it necessarily means that anything happens to the players registration. If a player(s) wasn't contracted to the club then they wouldn't be obligated to play I wouldn't imagine. But I couldn't imagine any players refusing to play for the sake of a few days.
Would have thought that the registration is linked to the contract. When the contract ends, the player is no longer employed by the club. It follows that his registration ends.

BoomtownHibees
03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Would have thought that the registration is linked to the contract. When the contract ends, the player is no longer employed by the club. It follows that his registration ends.

Does the registration not stay with the players last club until they sign a new contract at another club?

GreenCastle
03-04-2015, 07:08 AM
April we have 6 games

Depending on results in May we might have to play 7.

Do we have enough depth in squad to play all these games ?

Shows the importance of finishing 2nd and 2 less games allowing us to be more fresh for other possible games.

B.H.F.C
03-04-2015, 07:31 AM

Don't think so because the registration is held by the relevant association, not the club. And that registration can't move anywhere until the next transfer window opens. A player could ask for their registration to be cancelled but I can't see that happening.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2015, 08:04 AM

Imo we a great chance to do that , but I'd we don't finish second it's a punishing schedule at end of the season and injuries suspension and fatigue in some players could work against us

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Don't think so because the registration is held by the relevant association, not the club. And that registration can't move anywhere until the next transfer window opens. A player could ask for their registration to be cancelled but I can't see that happening.
Ah okay I see. Cheers :)

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2015, 08:44 AM
I've looked at the dates and they can pull one back from a Saturday to Wednesday and it'd allow the playoffs to be finished before the cup final.

If Hibs or Falkirk are in both finals it would mean playoff final 2nd leg on the Wednesday prior to cup final on Saturday.

Which doesn't seem like great preparation.

JimBHibees
03-04-2015, 08:45 AM
I've looked at the dates and they can pull one back from a Saturday to Wednesday and it'd allow the playoffs to be finished before the cup final.

If Hibs or Falkirk are in both finals it would mean playoff final 2nd leg on the Wednesday prior to cup final on Saturday.

Especially as that can go to ET and pens as we know only too well.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 08:49 AM

Bottom 6 is due to finish on Saturday 23rd May, could move this to Tuesday 19th/ Wednesday 20th, enabling play of final to be on Saturday 23rd and Tuesday 26th May

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Bottom 6 is due to finish on Saturday 23rd May, could move this to Tuesday 19th/ Wednesday 20th, enabling play of final to be on Saturday 23rd and Tuesday 26th May

:agree: cup final 4 days later.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 08:59 AM
:agree: cup final 4 days later.

Let's get to the final 1st, then we can push for this

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2015, 08:59 AM
What a bunch of jokers the organisers are though. Imagine allowing themselves to be put in a position where this could happen. No foresight, no contingency, no clue.

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Let's get to the final 1st, then we can push for this

I know what you're saying but it should be sorted before. In fact it should never even need to be discussed.