PDA

View Full Version : One for the stattos...

Northernhibee
24-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Struck me earlier - what with last seasons Scottish Cup final being played at Celtic Park this year we have a chance to reach a third consecutive Hampden Scottish Cup final.

Fingers crossed we manage to do that - when was the last time a non old firm team would have managed such an achievement?

Diclonius
24-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Aberdeen in 1984. They won the cup three times in a row, against Rangers (twice) and Celtic.

Alex Trager
24-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Aberdeen in 1984. They won the cup three times in a row, against Rangers (twice) and Celtic.

Waw. That's te way to do it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
24-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Have any other non old firm teams achieved three finals in a row?

Eyrie
24-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Have any other non old firm teams achieved three finals in a row?

Don't know about the modern era, but Queens Park won three in a row twice - 1874, 1875 and 1876 then 1880, 1881 and 1882.

Onion
25-02-2015, 07:04 AM
If we do manage to get to our 3rd successive Hampden Final, it will have a massive impact on our promotion hopes. I didn't easily this ...

The cup final is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 30, but, it is understood, the two-legged encounter which would decide whether the second-bottom Premiership side would retain their top-flight status or be replaced by a Championship club, is pencilled in to take place the preceding Thursday and the day after the Hampden showdown.

Has any club in history has had to deal with promotion playoffs AND SCF ?

3pm
25-02-2015, 07:07 AM
We're miles off this! It's not a concern at the moment.

Hermit Crab
25-02-2015, 07:21 AM
We're miles off this! It's not a concern at the moment.

Agree.

allezsauzee
25-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Let's not start bragging about our record in Scottish Finals eh!

linlithgowhibbie
25-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Let's not start bragging about our record in Scottish Finals eh!

It is pretty consistent tho!:gwa:

BroxburnHibee
25-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Getting way ahead of ourselves.

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Getting way ahead of ourselves.

This

lord bunberry
25-02-2015, 09:27 AM
If we do manage to get to our 3rd successive Hampden Final, it will have a massive impact on our promotion hopes. I didn't easily this ...

The cup final is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 30, but, it is understood, the two-legged encounter which would decide whether the second-bottom Premiership side would retain their top-flight status or be replaced by a Championship club, is pencilled in to take place the preceding Thursday and the day after the Hampden showdown.

Has any club in history has had to deal with promotion playoffs AND SCF ?
That means we'll have to do the victory parade on the Monday, I just hope the final doesn't go to extra time.

Thecat23
25-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Guys joking aside I think some are getting way ahead of themselves. Berwick won't be easy IMO and we have history of blowing it big style in this cup! Until we are in the final then all this chat should be binned!

Gatecrasher
25-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Guys joking aside I think some are getting way ahead of themselves. Berwick won't be easy IMO and we have history of blowing it big style in this cup! Until we are in the final then all this chat should be binned!

:agree: also a tricky away game this weekend as well.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2015, 11:33 AM
A third condecutive Hampden final but not a third consecutive final so a pretty meaningless stat in my mind IF we even get there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Folk have been getting tattered on here forever for being negative, maybe optimism is the way forward. If you cannae be optimistic in the build-up to a home 1/4 Final tie v a team halfway down the bottom tier you might as well chuck it.

Thecat23
25-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Folk have been getting tattered on here forever for being negative, maybe optimism is the way forward. If you cannae be optimistic in the build-up to a home 1/4 Final tie v a team halfway down the bottom tier you might as well chuck it.

I'm optimistic but I don't think booking ourselves into a final when we still have a quarter and if we win that then a semi final to go! If it goes tits up then folk talking about making the final will be looking a bit daft. Fine saying if we get there but going by some posts we're already in the semi's and that could come back to bite us on the arse!

The_Exile
25-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Is this not the point where someone comes on and says if we don't make the semi's they'll sit in a bath of baked beans on Princes Street whilst halting the tramworks?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Posts on a fans messageboard won't lose us the game. If we lose it'll be a massive missed opportunity. I'm assuming we'll be in the semi draw, if not, it won't be my fault.

bingo70
25-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Berwick should be easy. You sound like a manager that needs to speak in cliches.

I'm going to be honest and say it's a stick on certainty we're in the semi finals. There'd be no banker at that stage although I'd fancy our chances against anyone but Celtic.

Thecat23
25-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Berwick should be easy. You sound like a manager that needs to speak in cliches.

I'm going to be honest and say it's a stick on certainty we're in the semi finals. There'd be no banker at that stage although I'd fancy our chances against anyone but Celtic.

Of course I think we should go through but how many times have we failed in this cup to lower league teams? I just think many have us in a final when there is still 2 games to win! Be great to have a trip to Hampden so soon after the last ones but only worth it if we win it!! Sick of "we out sang them though" chat. I want to come home seeing my team lift the ****ing thing for once.

monktonharp
25-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't know about the modern era, but Queens Park won three in a row twice - 1874, 1875 and 1876 then 1880, 1881 and 1882. lucky for them, we were not formed the first year they won it. might have been different:cb

monktonharp
25-02-2015, 01:46 PM
It is pretty consistent tho!:gwa::agree: we do have a consistent record, not one we brag about but consistent non the less. can any club match us with this record?:wink:

GordonHFC
25-02-2015, 01:46 PM
This is old news anyway. We did it back in 1979.

monktonharp
25-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Guys joking aside I think some are getting way ahead of themselves. Berwick won't be easy IMO and we have history of blowing it big style in this cup! Until we are in the final then all this chat should be binned! rubbish. this is what its all about being a Hibby. we have to laugh about winning this cup , All the time, and I will keep laughing until we do win it. then..............I will cry.

monktonharp
25-02-2015, 01:55 PM
This is old news anyway. We did it back in 1979. :agree: cheated out of it the first time, but yes, done that been there

--------
25-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Struck me earlier - what with last seasons Scottish Cup final being played at Celtic Park this year we have a chance to reach a third consecutive Hampden Scottish Cup final.

Fingers crossed we manage to do that - when was the last time a non old firm team would have managed such an achievement?

Reaching the Final isn't the point. If we get there, we need to win it. I have absolutely no desire to have the pundits going on about Hibs being the first Scottish team to lose three consecutive Cup Finals anywhere.

Alfred E Newman
25-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Reaching the Final isn't the point. If we get there, we need to win it. I have absolutely no desire to have the pundits going on about Hibs being the first Scottish team to lose three consecutive Cup Finals anywhere.

Am I not right in saying we have lost our last 13 finals?

Waxy
25-02-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm not getting excited until we score a last minute of injury time 30 yard winner in the final.

Northernhibee
25-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm optimistic but I don't think booking ourselves into a final when we still have a quarter and if we win that then a semi final to go! If it goes tits up then folk talking about making the final will be looking a bit daft. Fine saying if we get there but going by some posts we're already in the semi's and that could come back to bite us on the arse!

Who said I was booking ourselves into a final?

Onion
25-02-2015, 08:40 PM

With all that's happened to Hibs in the last 3 years, you're worried about us "looking a bit daft" :greengrin:rotflmao: Classic :thumbsup:

Thecat23
25-02-2015, 08:46 PM
With all that's happened to Hibs in the last 3 years, you're worried about us "looking a bit daft" :greengrin:rotflmao: Classic :thumbsup:

Well to be fair the board has been a joke, the previous managers have been a joke, may as well throw some fans in as well!! [emoji106]

monktonharp
25-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm not getting excited until we score a last minute of injury time 30 yard winner in the final.you are not expecting us to win it even that way are you? It would be chalked off, as the scorer never heard the ref blowing his whistle