PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal - Sad News

StevieC
24-02-2015, 07:22 PM
This is the hardest update that I have ever had to put together.

Last month I was informed by Ira that she has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The outlook is not very good and the doctors have suggested that she may only have a few months left. This is especially difficult to take for us involved with Dnipro Kids as Ira has been a part of Dnipro Kids since our very first visit in 2005, where she acted as translator during the handing over of gifts to the children at the TB Sanatorium.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14441&d=1424806979

Since that day she has been an integral part of the charity, and the organiser for so many events and tasks in Dnipropetrovsk. She has been a tower of strength for us, and often had to stand up to the red-tape and bureaucracy to ensure nothing got in the way of organising trips and events for the kids.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14442&d=1424807032

It has been down to Ira that our sponsored kids have had so many enjoyable excursions and birthday trips over the years. Ira has been at the heart of the planning and organisation of the many trips and birthday events that have been organised, right down to the shopping required to ensure that each child received the exact birthday gift that they wanted.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14443&d=1424807054

In 2009 we brought Ira over to Scotland, where she spent a week touring the country and visiting sponsors. She even managed a visit to Easter Road stadium, where she received a cheque for the charity following a turnstile collection.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14444&d=1424807078

Fundraising For Ira

A number of supporters that have said they would like to donate directly to Ira's needs in her final weeks.
In response to these requests I have set up a Fundraising Page on the Just Giving website.

Link To Ira's Fundraising Page Here (http://www.justgiving.com/dnipro-ira)

14441 14442 14443 14444

DaveF
24-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Very sad news Stevie - Please pass on our thanks for all Ira's hard work and good wishes from all at hibs.net

(I hope the images are fixed now as well...)

O'Rourke3
24-02-2015, 07:39 PM
That's awful news.

PatHead
24-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Such sad news.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Never donated to this appeal apart from putting money in collection bucket Would be happy to make donation for this situation as someone who has put in so much towards caring for the children deserves support

WillowbraeHibby
24-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Not news that you like to hear. Very very sad..

The Harp
24-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Not news that you like to hear. Very very sad..

Extremely sad to hear about Ira, she seems a remarkable lady.
Life can be so unfair.

Fred Perry
24-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Terrible news. I enjoy reading about all the hard work that goes on and Ira always seems to be at the heart of everything.

OsloHibs
24-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Very sad to hear this x

Bishop Hibee
24-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Very sad news. An inspiring lady.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Terrible news, thoughts are with her and her family.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Sad news. Awful disease.

Leithenhibby
24-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Not good.

Life can be such a bitch at times and my thoughts are with, Ira and her family. A remarkable lady indeed. x

monktonharp
24-02-2015, 09:25 PM
that is very sad to hear. life can be so unkind to those deserving more, not less.

Chuck Rhoades
24-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Sad news. Sounds like a saint. Best wishes to all.

andrew70
24-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Sad news to hear.

Is there anyway we can help towards any treatments etc?

Either through private healthcare or even a trip over to Britain to get treatment.

I don't want to appear ignorant and I am sorry if I offend anyone but I am guessing we can offer better care?

Basically if we raised a wee bit money would it help? I am sure many would chip in...

Billy
24-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Gutted to hear such sad news. Wonderful lady who I'm glad I met when she was over.

Please pass on our love to her.

portycabbage
24-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Very sorry to hear this. 3 years ago last week myy uncle was looking forward to becoming a granddad (although he was always super fit and outdoorsy, never smoked, etc), but became unwell. He was told he was depressed and to go for walks (think he did the West highland way), but a month later he was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. He sadly passed away just a few days later. It's a truly horrible illness, really hope Ira has (at the very least) a lot more time than he did.

Bronson
24-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Awful news. Looks like she's done some amazing work over there, quite inspirational.

Get well soon Ira.

StevieC
24-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Sad news to hear.

Is there anyway we can help towards any treatments etc?

Either through private healthcare or even a trip over to Britain to get treatment.

I don't want to appear ignorant and I am sorry if I offend anyone but I am guessing we can offer better care?

Basically if we raised a wee bit money would it help? I am sure many would chip in...

We did some research on pancreatic cancer when we heard the news, and from what I understand it is one of the worst types of cancer with little or no chance of medical treatment having any great effect. From what we can gather, once diagnosed the lifespan is rarely longer than 3-6 months.

My understanding is that the cancer is quite advanced, so Ira has decided not to put herself through surgery or chemotherapy treatments. Instead she has decided to use herbal remedies, and make significant changes to her diet, to try and ease things in the coming months.

The charity is providing extra funds for Ira to cover these costs and will also support her with any other needs. We have already organised the purchase of a new bed for her, to try and make things as comfortable as possible on the days that she struggles to get up.

We have a committee meeting this Sunday, and as a number of sponsors have already suggested setting up a fund specifically for Ira it is one of the things that we will be discussing.

Thanks again for all the kind words, I will be passing them all on to Ira.

JohnStephens91
24-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Really sad news to hear, such a shame after all the help she's given to the charity and assisting with the children, that she ends up with cancer. Such a cruel world we live in. I can only hope that her final months are spent the way she loves and is comforted a lot by her friends and family.

Iceman1875
24-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Inspiring first and foremost the bond we and the club have created with Dnipro. I am genuinely saddened by this news, I really enjoy reading the updates and relationship that has been created with Dnipro. Best wishes at this tough time.

At Easter Road we play...

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2015, 11:13 PM
FFS! Puts things into perspective, best wishes Ira.

The Pointer
24-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Desperately sad news for someone who has contributed so much to others. I hope she has peace and tranquillity and the help she needs over the next few weeks/months.

Kaff
25-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Can't say much more than already mentioned but hope Ira can find contentment from the great work she has done. One of the best Hibs stories there is and she has been a great part of that.

Stax
25-02-2015, 12:07 AM
We did some research on pancreatic cancer when we heard the news, and from what I understand it is one of the worst types of cancer with little or no chance of medical treatment having any great effect. From what we can gather, once diagnosed the lifespan is rarely longer than 3-6 months.

My understanding is that the cancer is quite advanced, so Ira has decided not to put herself through surgery or chemotherapy treatments. Instead she has decided to use herbal remedies, and make significant changes to her diet, to try and ease things in the coming months.

The charity is providing extra funds for Ira to cover these costs and will also support her with any other needs. We have already organised the purchase of a new bed for her, to try and make things as comfortable as possible on the days that she struggles to get up.

We have a committee meeting this Sunday, and as a number of sponsors have already suggested setting up a fund specifically for Ira it is one of the things that we will be discussing.

Thoughts to Ira, she sounds like an incredible woman. Unfortunately as you say although all cancers are horendous, pancreatic is one of the hardest to defeat. I'd never heard of it until my best mate was diagnosed and lost his life shortly after at the age of 38. My thoughts and best wishes are with her & all the kids she helps.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2015, 01:52 AM
So sorry to hear this. The charity has been going for a long time now and so much of it's success must be down to the astonishing commitment of this remarkable woman.

GreenArmyyy!
25-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Absolutely horrible news, we really do live in a very cruel world. Would be more than happy to donate to Ira's cause.

bodoglimt
25-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Thoughts and prayers to obviously a special lady

Galahibby
25-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I don't know what to say. Life is just so unfair at times. Thinking of Ira and her family.

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2015, 10:21 AM
That's very sad to hear. Though I don't contribute directly I always try to put a 'proper' contribution into the bucket collection and managed to make Dnipro the cause for charity month at my old workplace a few years ago. God bless her, why the hell do bad things happen to good people.

If there is any sort of collection for her I will be happy to contribute.

hibbymac
25-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Makes you question where the justice is on this earth, sad, sad news.

dangermouse
25-02-2015, 01:56 PM

The prognosis is not good. I lost my Dad to this horrible disease and once diagnosed his passing was very quick. My thoughts go out to Ira and her family, very sad news indeed.

Shaggy
25-02-2015, 02:41 PM
To live a life worth living..

..should be everybody's motto who wish to give service and value to others.

Please relay our best wishes to this inspirational lady.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Such terrible news for a wonderfully unselfish,inspirational woman.Life really does seem so unfair at times, this terrible illness really does hit hard.

Lago
25-02-2015, 03:56 PM
She will be in my prayers tonight.

Oscar T Grouch
25-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Very sad news, such a shame, Ira sounds like a wonderful woman. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Keith_M
25-02-2015, 04:58 PM
I'd just like to repeat my sentiments on the PM Board and say how sorry I am to hear of her illness. I can't remember a Dnipro Appeal update without Ira being mentioned.

As Football Fans, we often attach hero status to people that really don't deserve it. To me, someone like Ira is a real hero.

son of haggart
25-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that - a horrible disease and happy to contribute to supporting such a fine lady through these hard times

Keith_M
25-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear about that - a horrible disease and happy to contribute to supporting such a fine lady through these hard times

:top marks

Leithenhibby
25-02-2015, 05:30 PM
The club posted this afternoon also. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5234

https://www.justgiving.com/dnipro-ira/

Scottie
25-02-2015, 06:26 PM
As Football Fans, we often attach hero status to people that really don't deserve it. To me, someone like Ira is a real hero.[/QUOTE]

:agree: Sentiments exactly mate. Ira is a shining example to us all. Donation made. Well done Stevie and all connected. :aok:

emerald green
25-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Life's very cruel at times. Why does something like this happen to a good person when there are so many ****bags walking around this world? Who knows the answer to that one?

Seveno
25-02-2015, 06:40 PM
I have made my donation and I hope that this special appeal receives the full backing of Hibs fans.

Well done and thanks for all the hard work you do, Stevie, and for bringing this to our attention.

andrew70
25-02-2015, 07:32 PM
I will make a donation once I am paid on Friday. Good on Hibs for putting it on their website as well.

s.a.m
25-02-2015, 08:40 PM

:aok: That's kind.
I'd just like to echo what others have said, and offer my condolences and thanks to her. I hope that she's able to take some small comfort from knowing that her life has made an important difference to the lives of others. Does Ira have family?

StevieC
25-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Does Ira have family?

She has two daughters and two grandaughters. They all share a 1 bedroom flat on the outskirts of Dnipropetrovsk.

s.a.m
25-02-2015, 08:58 PM
She has two daughters and two grandaughters. They all share a 1 bedroom flat on the outskirts of Dnipropetrovsk.

Thanks for your reply. Thoughts with them too.

StevieC
26-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I am sitting here with a lump in my throat, with the generosity of the Hibs community.

The support that Dnipro Kids has had over the years has been amazing, but the way that everyone has risen to support Ira's current situation is nothing short of outstanding.

:flag: :not worth :flag:

marti1875
26-02-2015, 09:57 AM
So very saddened to come on and read this awful news about Ira. I, like most, have followed the Dnipro appeal for years and love what it has achieved......and probably couldn't have been without the likes of Ira at the forefront of everything so it really is sad to hear it, not only for her and her family but the appeal too as she battles this terrible disease.
But just to add.....you never know, i also was given only 3-6 months to live.....and that was back last April! (albeit a different type of cancer but still just as aggressive) and here i am in Thailand for 2 months to spend time with my wee one and g/f for 2 months!! All i would say to Ira is try to be as positive as you can, the mental battle is a huge part of it i think. Positivity seems something you certainly do have Ira so never give up, not much more i can add apart from good luck and stay strong.

Leithenhibby
26-02-2015, 10:03 AM
I am sitting here with a lump in my throat, with the generosity of the Hibs community.

The support that Dnipro Kids has had over the years has been amazing, but the way that everyone has risen to support Ira's current situation is nothing short of outstanding.

Without you and the gang going to the children’s sanatorium we wouldn't be doing this. The fact that you took the time and effort to visit such a place, whilst following your football team is remarkable.

To carry it forward (so successfully) in the manor you have over the last 10 years fills me with pride and joy. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you (and others) for being such an ambassador to our club.

I know the fans of our club will rally, because that's what we do, it's the Hibs way.

It's going to be tough for you guys over the coming months, but I know you will stay strong and carry the flag for this remarkable lady.

GGTTH

Jay
26-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Its been unbelievable, I donated yesterday afternoon and the total was just over £200, it's now over £1500! Once again people stand up when it's needed, Iras touched so many hearts over the years it's lovely to know that we can help her be comfortable in her time of need.

Kavinho
26-02-2015, 10:16 AM

Without you and the gang going to the children’s sanatorium we wouldn't be doing this. The fact that you took the time and effort to visit such a place, whilst following your football team is remarkable.

To carry it forward (so successfully) in the manor you have over the last 10 years fills me with pride and joy. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you (and others) for being such an ambassador to our club.

I know the fans of our club will rally, because that's what we do, it's the Hibs way.

It's going to be tough for you guys over the coming months. I know you will stay strong and carry the flag for this remarkable lady.

GGTTH

seconded 100%.

Without a huge pool of resources, I Have made a contribution for this cause.
Very moving, on a number of levels for me.

Well done Stevie in being a great ambassador of doing the right thing for the right reasons.

And my heart goes out to Ira, whom I've never met, and her family and her community who continue to struggle through an horrendous time with the utmost of class and dignity.

Cabbage East
26-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Donated last night. Sad news.

FranckSuzy
26-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Donation made. Ira is someone who has given so much to others and now, sadly, it's her turn to need support. Best wishes to her and all of the team at this sad time :aok:

Bad Martini
26-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Not good news. Puts most of the discussion on here and outwith here into perspective. I hope her remaining time is as painless as it can be. Will contribute to the donations too. Very sad news.

StevieC
26-02-2015, 01:16 PM
I had a chat online with Ira today. She was quite emotional about all the donations, and all the kind words. She says it's a huge relief to know that she will get help with the medication.

She wanted to say a huge thank you for the new bed that was delivered last week. She says she has been curling up at nights very comfortably, and is calling it her cosy "nest".

After the huge thank you though, she did want me to pass on one more thing to everyone that's said such kind words ..

... she is a fighter, and she doesn't intend to go anytime soon! :take that

EH54
26-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Very sad news hate hearing news like this donation sent

WillowbraeHibby
26-02-2015, 01:27 PM
I had a chat online with Ira today. She was quite emotional about all the donations, and all the kind words. She says it's a huge relief to know that she will get help with the medication.

She wanted to say a huge thank you for the new bed that was delivered last week. She says she has been curling up at nights very comfortably, and is calling it her cosy "nest".

After the huge thank you though, she did want me to pass on one more thing to everyone that's said such kind words ..

Good lass... Well said Ira... "With respect to the last sentence in bold"....:aok: "We're all rooting for you!!!! "

hibbymac
26-02-2015, 01:40 PM

:aok::top marks

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2015, 02:01 PM

Anything I could type in response to that would be crass and pathetically inadequate.

C'mon Ira ... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/applause%20smiley.gif

MB62
26-02-2015, 02:26 PM

Is there any treatment available to her, either over there or here, that might improve her chances?

StevieC
26-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Is there any treatment available to her, either over there or here, that might improve her chances?

All I can say is what I've read online, maybe someone that has gone through it with a family member might be able to give a better answer.

My understanding is that there are treatments, such as chemotherapy, that can slow down the spread .. but they obviously have their own side effects to deal with. However, even with treatments the life expectancy for the majority is 3-6 months. A very small percentage (around 5% I think) can be lucky enough to live for more than a year.

Ira was recommended a doctor, in another city, that provides alternative/herbal treatments and she is going to be visiting him once a month.

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2015, 11:50 AM
As I type this the online appeal for Ira has reached £1,923,75. and 108 people have donated to it.

According to Mikey's thread from yesterday "we hit a bit of a milestone today" Hibs.Net has 3,548 active members out of 11,000 or so. Lets hope we can up that figure a good bit now that payday has arrived for a lot of folk :aok:

WillowbraeHibby
27-02-2015, 11:51 AM
As I type this the online appeal for Ira has reached £1,923,75. and 108 people have donated to it.

According to Mikey's thread from yesterday "we hit a bit of a milestone today" Hibs.Net has 3,548 active members out of 11,000 or so. Lets hope we can up that figure a good bit now that payday has arrived for a lot of folk :aok:

:thumbsup:

Hibby Gav
27-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Bump :flag:

hibbymac
28-02-2015, 01:00 PM
£2353.75 at the moment :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Absolutely awful news.

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2015, 01:06 PM
£2353.75 at the moment :aok:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

MurrayfieldHibs
28-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Donation made. Well done Stevie for making this happen.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Donation made. Great amount so far. Hopefully loads more to come!

Hamish
28-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Donation made Stevie. Target of £2500 reached. Well done everyone.

lucky
28-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Come on let's keep this going

Hamish
28-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Yes hopefully lots more to come.

Hibs Class
28-02-2015, 08:36 PM
:top marks:applause:

StevieC
01-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Donation made Stevie. Target of £2500 reached. Well done everyone.

I've just done what is commonly known as .. moving the goalposts :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 12:44 AM

:agree: :aok:

One Day
01-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Donation made, hope you reach and surpass your new target

Hamish
01-03-2015, 09:58 AM

:aok:

Leithenhibby
01-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Just the way it should be :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2015, 06:40 PM
What's this thread doing near the bottom of the page :greengrin

MurrayfieldHibs
01-03-2015, 07:31 PM

Very appropriate phraseology. I like what you did there :wink:

SunnyLeither
01-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Truly inspirational woman, such sad news. Happy to donate, now up to £2575, keep it going folks.

hibbymac
02-03-2015, 02:13 PM

Cabbage East
02-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Keep at it.

haagsehibby
02-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Donation made. Could only do it in Euros though.

IWasThere2016
02-03-2015, 03:46 PM
£20 + gift aid sent.

TQM

lyonhibs
02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Cancer is an absolute bitch.robs the world of so many great people.

Will donate as much as I can after football training.

DaveF
02-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Bump

Leithenhibby
02-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Bump

£2,717.33 :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2015, 12:53 PM
C'mon folks just £272.67 to go to reach £3,000.

Bump

:flag:

Leithenhibby
03-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Almost there, Folks 92% :not worth

lyonhibs
03-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Almost there, Folks 92% :not worth

93% now :aok:

Leithenhibby
03-03-2015, 10:22 PM
93% now :aok:

I know the Hibs family won't let this rest until the job is done...... :wink:

hibbymac
04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
94% and well done to the QPR fans for their donation :aok:

johncrobertson@
04-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Great work everyone - seems a very special lady. Just donated £50 - hope you get the target.

StevieC
04-03-2015, 09:32 AM
About half a dozen donations by QPR fans, help take it up to 95% :thumbsup:

Thanks to "Karl" who pointed their message board in this direction. :aok:

Karl, can you pass my thanks on to the QPR message board. I will be going to visit Ira in a couple of weeks time and I am sure the news of football fans in London offering their support will astound her. Very generous, thanks guys.

Scottie
04-03-2015, 09:53 AM

Karl, can you pass my thanks on to the QPR message board. I will be going to visit Ira in a couple of weeks time and I am sure the the news of football fans in London offering their support will astound her. Very generous, thanks guys.
Fantastic effort from everyone and well done the QPR fans. :aok:

WillowbraeHibby
04-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Fantastic effort from everyone and well done the QPR fans. :aok:

Cheers QPR lads.... :thumbsup: Well done all... :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Well done the QPR guys .... hope you stay up http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

That reminds me .....did the sheep not start their own Dnipro charity a while back, no sign of them on this?

Anyway less than 100 quid to go .... c'mon folks :aok:

FranckSuzy
04-03-2015, 02:23 PM

Karl, can you pass my thanks on to the QPR message board. I will be going to visit Ira in a couple of weeks time and I am sure the news of football fans in London offering their support will astound her. Very generous, thanks guys.

Brilliant effort :aok:

What about the other clubs who played in Dnipro as well? I can only think of Aberdeen off the top of my head, mind :greengrin

Benny Brazil
04-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Cheers QPR lads.... :thumbsup: Well done all... :agree:

Link to the QPR fans forum - well done lads :not worth

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/140467/charity-appeal-(non-qpr)/#6

StevieC
04-03-2015, 02:28 PM
That reminds me .....did the sheep not start their own Dnipro charity a while back, no sign of them on this?

Not their own charity, they just assisted ours. Aberdeen did what we did when they had their trip out, they had a collection before going to buy stuff for the kids out there, and the supporters took bag loads of stuff as well. Ira actually met up with them in Dnipropetrovsk and took them shopping, before heading to the orphanage with them.
After their visit they had a couple of turnstile collections which they donated to our Dnipro Appeal, and there are a few of their supporters that still sponsor kids with a £10 monthly donation.
A couple of Aberdeen supporters had tried to get more involved, but unfortunately they had to go work abroad (as is the way with the oil industry) and without the involvement of dedicated volunteers it's hard to keep this sort of thing going.

I noticed one of the Aberdeen supporters had made a £50 donation to the Just Giving page, and thanked Ira on behalf of the Dons that she welcomed during their trip to Dnipro.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2015, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=StevieC;4317064]Not their own charity, they just assisted ours. Aberdeen did what we did when they had their trip out, they had a collection before going to buy stuff for the kids out there, and the supporters took bag loads of stuff as well. Ira actually met up with them in Dnipropetrovsk and took them shopping, before heading to the orphanage with them.
After their visit they had a couple of turnstile collections which they donated to our Dnipro Appeal, and there are a few of their supporters that still sponsor kids with a

Cheers Stevie :agree:

FranckSuzy
04-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Link to the QPR fans forum - well done lads :not worth

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/140467/charity-appeal-(non-qpr)/#6

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Gerard
04-03-2015, 03:20 PM
:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Bearders
04-03-2015, 04:29 PM
:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

That's 98% of target - fantastic effort for a fantastic cause. Proud to be part of this. Great work Stevie.

bruno
04-03-2015, 04:54 PM
That's 98% of target - fantastic effort for a fantastic cause. Proud to be part of this. Great work Stevie.
small donation for an amazing woman

looks like target has been reached

well done all

StevieC
04-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Just to say that today the Just Giving page reached its target of £3,000

Hopefully we'll still see some more donations coming in, but to put some perspective on this amazing achievement ...

That figure equates to over 100,000 grievna (at the current rate of 35grn/1GBP) and based on the average monthly wage in Ukraine that is nearly 3 years wages for her.

The ideal scenario would obviously be that we have Ira with us for the next few years, but with that looking unlikely it certainly takes away the worry of how she would cope financially in the coming months.

A huge thank you to everyone that has donated, and I will pass on all the kind words when I go to visit her in a couple of weeks time.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Though obviously this thread was not started to make anybody look good, it has to be said that given the shedload of bad publicity that Scottish football has had to suffer over the last few weeks, it would be no bad thing if the media were made aware of this effort to show people that football can be a vehicle for good and not just bigotry and boardroom crooks. With Ira's permission of course.

It would also give valuable publicity to Dnipro Kids and I'm sure Ira would be pleased with that. On that subject, would it not be possible for a page like the one set up for Ira's appeal to be set as a sticky for Dnipro Kids on this forum, so that folk like me who can only give donations from time to time have an easy avenue to do so.

Well done Stevie, hope I'm not talking out of turn.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Just to say that today the Just Giving page reached its target of £3,000

Hopefully we'll still see some more donations coming in, but to put some perspective on this amazing achievement ...

That figure equates to over 100,000 grievna (at the current rate of 35grn/1GBP) and based on the average monthly wage in Ukraine that is nearly 3 years wages for her.

The ideal scenario would obviously be that we have Ira with us for the next few years, but with that looking unlikely it certainly takes away the worry of how she would cope financially in the coming months.

A huge thank you to everyone that has donated, and I will pass on all the kind words when I go to visit her in a couple of weeks time.

Well done Steve.

Glad to have been able to give a little bit of help to such a wonderful lady.

s.a.m
04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
small donation for an amazing woman

looks like target has been reached

well done all

StevieC
04-03-2015, 08:41 PM
On that subject, would it not be possible for a page like the one set up for Ira's appeal to be set as a sticky for Dnipro Kids on this forum, so that folk like me who can only give donations from time to time have an easy avenue to do so.

Well done Stevie, hope I'm not talking out of turn.

Not talking out of turn at all, its a good idea.

I only tried this after so many requests to donate after hearing the news about Ira. I wanted to keep donations specifically for Ira seperate from our other donations so set up the Just Giving page.
It might actuallt be a good idea to set another up for our children's events.

hibbymac
05-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Great effort folks, ..... can we keep this going?? :aok:

StevieC
05-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Great effort folks, ..... can we keep this going?? :aok:

The page will remain open for donations.

I will provide updates on the situation as and when things change.

Leithenhibby
05-03-2015, 01:08 PM

Fantastic effort from all involved.......... :aok:

hibbymac
05-03-2015, 04:59 PM

HappyHibby93
05-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Well done everyone.............

MurrayfieldHibs
05-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Total respect for setting this up Stevie. Well done mate :aok:

Keep up the good work. You are maing a big difference to many lives :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Nearly £300 over target .................... Folk are brilliant :hibees

StevieC
05-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Nearly £300 over target .................... Folk are brilliant :hibees

Hibs Class :wink:

Leithenhibby
06-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Hibs Class :wink:

Hibs class indeed :wink:

hibbymac
06-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Hibs class indeed :wink:

Over £3,300 fantastic :aok:

StevieC
29-03-2015, 06:09 PM
I am just back from visiting Ira in Dnipropetrovsk, so thought I'd give a quick update on things.

Firstly Ira said a huge thank you to everyone for their kind words. She was a bit overcome with emotion about the Just Giving page, and all the donations. I could tell that she didn't want to discuss her condition, but she is mentally very strong about the situation. She is continuing to do as much as she can for the kids, she pointed out that it's been a big part of her life for the last 10 years so doesn't intend to take a back seat just yet.

It was also quite emotional for me. She has lost a lot of weight since I last saw her, and she also had a tired look on her face. She was able to participate in a couple of the events we'd organised last week, but not them all. The ones she did attend she did struggle with, and where I would normally have seen her "buzzing" at these events she was unfortunately little more than a spectator.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14626&d=1424806979

hibbymac
30-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I am just back from visiting Ira in Dnipropetrovsk, so thought I'd give a quick update on things.

Firstly Ira said a huge thank you to everyone for their kind words. She was a bit overcome with emotion about the Just Giving page, and all the donations. I could tell that she didn't want to discuss her condition, but she is mentally very strong about the situation. She is continuing to do as much as she can for the kids, she pointed out that it's been a big part of her life for the last 10 years so doesn't intend to take a back seat just yet.

It was also quite emotional for me. She has lost a lot of weight since I last saw her, and she also had a tired look on her face. She was able to participate in a couple of the events we'd organised last week, but not them all. The ones she did attend she did struggle with, and where I would normally have seen her "buzzing" at these events she was unfortunately little more than a spectator.

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14626&d=1424806979

Well done Stevie, great work :aok: