PDA

View Full Version : Jeroen Tesselaar...

Mikey09
24-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Just read the article in The Sun,.... Don't know how to link it so here's a couple of things he said.

"Paisley is a **** hole. It is a little town with a bad reputation and high unemployment."
"People here prefer to spend the little money they have left on St Mirren than on their own families. Their passion drips from the stands."
"It is not the case that fans in Scotland sing throughout the matches, they swear above all."
"The tempo is crazy, so high, and back passes are not appreciated."
" I had a trial with St Mirren last summer. Danny Lennon wanted us to play like Barcelona, yet all we did was run for 3 days."

That last one is a belter as he later explains he was offered a contract on his strength, ability to run before he had even kicked a ball!!! :faf:

frazeHFC
24-02-2015, 12:41 PM
http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39486-tess-calls-paisley-a-****hole/

"Why , I stay in Paisley and it most certainly is a ****hole ? Particularly the west-end and Moss St !"

"Thats coz it is a ***** hole mate"

"i but its our ***** hole "

:tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2015, 01:57 PM
http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39486-tess-calls-paisley-a-****hole/

"Why , I stay in Paisley and it most certainly is a ****hole ? Particularly the west-end and Moss St !"

Ye cannae deny that the Buddies appear to have a sense of humour at least going by some of the comments on there. Its also pretty plain to see that if you boot out the ugly sisters the fans of the other clubs share a common take on the game and their clubs. That thread wouldn't have looked out of place on here :greengrin

lyonhibs
24-02-2015, 02:22 PM
If anyone has been to Paisely, you'll find it nigh on impossible to disagree with that analysis.

One of my good mates is a Buddies ST holder - lovely people, dump of a place to live.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Guy's a twat, obviously never been to the Alamo bar for a free pie before the game or he wouldn't be talking that way.

oneone73
24-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Guy's a twat, obviously never been to the Alamo bar for a free pie before the game or he wouldn't be talking that way.

Agreed!

3pm
24-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Worst boozer I have ever been in.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Same here but the boy did let all us hibbies have the entire back room and gave us free pies!

3pm
24-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Same here but the boy did let all us hibbies have the entire back room and gave us free pies!

The thought of the free pies still gives me the boak. And that was almost 10 years ago.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 06:41 PM
The thought of the free pies still gives me the boak. And that was almost 10 years ago.
Three seasons back for us; still alive. Apart from the bizarre decor in the front bar,sitting in the back lounge,with all the walls painted black; nae Windows and a twirling glitter ball as the only light was a bit odd in the early afternoon[emoji1]

Ronniekirk
24-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Lived in Fife till 1979 when I went to Paisley College for four years and live in various flats in george St ,love st argyle street canal street .have lived there ever since . Its no worse than lots of big towns nowdays where the High Street is struggling , the football team is struggling ,,planners have made a mess of things .But it's not as bad as it's made out to be .
But there are lots of reasons I prefer travelling through to Edinburgh every other Saturday :wink:

Ronniekirk
24-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Have only been in it once and I wouldn't argue with you on this one

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Lived in Fife till 1979 when I went to Paisley College for four years and live in various flats in george St ,love st argyle street canal street .have lived there ever since . Its no worse than lots of big towns nowdays where the High Street is struggling , the football team is struggling ,,planners have made a mess of things .But it's not as bad as it's made out to be .
But there are lots of reasons I prefer travelling through to Edinburgh every other Saturday :wink:
My mate was at paisley tech from 80-83 used to have a flat in the old hospital (dykebar?) Spent plenty good weekends there. Used to drink in the wee howf which is still there.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2015, 07:05 PM
My mate was at paisley tech from 80-83 used to have a flat in the old hospital (dykebar?) Spent plenty good weekends there. Used to drink in the wee howf which is still there.
Wee Howf was one of my student pubs but haven't been in it for about five years but it's never changed .i live in a new housing estate beside Dykebarr Hospital Still walk round the grounds ,but you need to watch when a Patient escapes and they send up the Helicopter:flying:

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Wee Howf was one of my student pubs but haven't been in it for about five years but it's never changed .i live in a new housing estate beside Dykebarr Hospital Still walk round the grounds ,but you need to watch when a Patient escapes and they send up the Helicopter:flying:
Must admit I thought dykebarr would be gone by now. Other place I liked was the wee barrel or three barrels? Next to old love st ground. Friendly wee place. Still lay on a bus to the new ground,even for the odd stray hibby!

Ronniekirk
24-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Must admit I thought dykebarr would be gone by now. Other place I liked was the wee barrel or three barrels? Next to old love st ground. Friendly wee place. Still lay on a bus to the new ground,even for the odd stray hibby!
It's the Wee Barrell and Rod Stewart used to always pop in there when on his way back to airport after being in the Country .

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Just read the article in The Sun,.... Don't know how to link it so here's a couple of things he said.

"Paisley is a **** hole. It is a little town with a bad reputation and high unemployment."
"People here prefer to spend the little money they have left on St Mirren than on their own families. Their passion drips from the stands."
"It is not the case that fans in Scotland sing throughout the matches, they swear above all."
" I had a trial with St Mirren last summer. Danny Lennon wanted us to play like Barcelona, yet all we did was run for 3 days."

That last one is a belter as he later explains he was offered a contract on his strength, ability to run before he had even kicked a ball!!! :faf:

Makes me wonder if they ever let that Old sweary gadgie back in to watch the Accies?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Paisley - the only place I've been where I've found a garlic-free Italian (La Dolce Vita opposite the courthouse presumably the odour can result in contempt of court?)

Bronson
24-02-2015, 09:24 PM
I think his comments are bang out of order, seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

If that was a hibs player slating the fans and saying Leith was a sh*te hole I wouldn't see the funny side.

Also, he slates Scottish football and claims St Mirren play good football 'by Scottish standards'. Maybe he should have a wee look at our 3rd goal on Saturday, one which every outfield hibs player touched the ball in the build up, great team goal. Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Dundee Utd, ICT, Aberdeen all play good football. Scottish football already gets an undeserved bad name as it is, no wonder we can't attract a sponsor when tossers like him come out with rubbish like that.

I find it all a bit ironic since he's a ganting player.

Speedy
24-02-2015, 09:29 PM

"I'm astounded, I was told quite recently that Paisley was almost like Paris, lovely wee cafe's, great place to wander the streets and enjoy the ambiance.........."

"Should that no be ambulance ?"

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Makes me wonder if they ever let that Old sweary gadgie back in to watch the Accies?

Fergie was his name. Still held in high regard by older Accies fans :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 09:56 PM
In the interests of fair play I thought I'd take a look at the attractions of Jeroens home town - Wognum. It doesn't seem to have a football team, but like the Buddies you could say it's in the shadow of bigger teams being close (ish) to Amsterdam.

I thought it would be worth checking out its attractions - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g2546215-d6955638-Reviews-Wijngaard_Saalhof-Wognum_North_Holland_Province.html - there seems to be 1 listed.

The places that tend to bum up their towns the most are their own tourist offices so a quick check of the Wognum one has to be the next stop - it does not a bad job of highlighting nearby places (other towns!) and theres a bit of promotion of Amsterdam - in case no one has ever heard of it.

Maybe they should twin with Paisley?

Mikey09
24-02-2015, 11:42 PM
I think his comments are bang out of order, seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

If that was a hibs player slating the fans and saying Leith was a sh*te hole I wouldn't see the funny side.

Also, he slates Scottish football and claims St Mirren play good football 'by Scottish standards'. Maybe he should have a wee look at our 3rd goal on Saturday, one which every outfield hibs player touched the ball in the build up, great team goal. Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Dundee Utd, ICT, Aberdeen all play good football. Scottish football already gets an undeserved bad name as it is, no wonder we can't attract a sponsor when tossers like him come out with rubbish like that.

I find it all a bit ironic since he's a ganting player.

absolutely mate!! He's right there is high unemployment and it's not a nice place but has he stopped to think why St Mirren fans, employed as well as the jobless scrape there cash together to go watch there local side?? Maybe to escape the gloom that life on the dole brings for a few hours a week. Has a dig at there home town, the club and the fans on how they should spend there cash, that pays HIS wages?! Football players never cease to amaze me with there ignorance.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Paisley is actually a very beautiful town, with some amazing Victorian architecture. It's only problem is that its poor and post-industrial.

Londonhibs
25-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Loved the fact that he clearly thought he had been invited to a game reserve "I prefer to photograph wildlife, sports photography doesn't tempt me", imagine his disappointment when he was taken to a St Mirren reserve game.

givescotlandfreedom
25-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Paisley is a hole but I'd like to think I'd keep that to myself out of respect for the club and the supporters paying my wages in his position.

hstn747
25-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Some newspapers have run with an article this morning which is based on the translation of an interview that St Mirren defender Jeroen Tesselaar did with a Dutch magazine.
Jeroen agreed to the interview as it was primarily about his photography with the obvious inclusion of some discussion on his playing career. But the Saints defender is saddened and stung by some of the quotes that have been attributed to him from the magazine article which comes across as him making criticisms on the town of Paisley.
Jeroen said, “When translated into English the majority of the article is very negative and most quotes are not what I said and others are observations of the reporter which seem now to have been attributed to me! For example the reporter arrived at the stadium to do a piece on my football and photography and got a taxi from the airport, he told me about his journey and how the taxi driver had described Paisley as a s***hole yet somehow this has now been written that I said this!
“I enjoyed living in Paisley the first time I was here for a year and many of my photographs on my website are of Paisley and the surrounding area showing the town and area in a very positive light. I told the reporter that I live in Glasgow now as my girlfriend works there and so it was more suitable.”
Jeroen continued, “I have great respect for the St Mirren fans as I told the reporter, Paisley is not a rich town yet the supporters follow the club very passionately home and away and the Club is very important to them, yet this seems to have been turned against me too.
“I am also really disappointed that some quotes attributed to me must be the reporters opinion, for example swearing and his description of St Mirren Park. I came back to St Mirren as I loved being here the first time and I enjoy my football here.
“I’m also disappointed that I have to deal with this issue when we are preparing for yet another big game this weekend. The fans should be in no doubt that I have a lot of affection for them and our club and my efforts are always to do the best for them and the club, on and off the park.”

Bronson
25-02-2015, 05:06 PM
absolutely mate!! He's right there is high unemployment and it's not a nice place but has he stopped to think why St Mirren fans, employed as well as the jobless scrape there cash together to go watch there local side?? Maybe to escape the gloom that life on the dole brings for a few hours a week. Has a dig at there home town, the club and the fans on how they should spend there cash, that pays HIS wages?! Football players never cease to amaze me with there ignorance.

That's exactly it. He's slating fans for spending 'more money on their club than their families' but it's their devotion and hard earned cash that pays his wages each week, which allows him to lead a more privileged lifestyle.

silverhibee
25-02-2015, 05:24 PM

I've been in worse, and that was in Glasgow city centre. :greengrin

Keith_M
25-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Paisley is actually a very beautiful town, with some amazing Victorian architecture. It's only problem is that its poor and post-industrial.

Aw gie's peace!

I lived in Linwood for a year and a half and Paisley was the nearest town and, IMHO, it IS a sh*tehole.

The only part I'd disagree with is that the residents don't spend all their money on supporting St Mirren, they spend it supporting Rangers and Celtc.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Aw gie's peace!

I lived in Linwood for a year and a half and Paisley was the nearest town and, IMHO, it IS a sh*tehole.

The only part I'd disagree with is that the residents don't spend all their money on supporting St Mirren, they spend it supporting Rangers and Celtc.

Your both right Underneath Paisley Abbey is one of the best examples in Britian of a working Victorian Sewer which is still in use today :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Whatever this guy has said about Paisley, and whether or not he is right - it's not as bad as wherever he came from. FACT

(SUBTEXT = we know Paisley is not as nice as the capital, some might call it a sh*tehole, including the people who live there, but it's OUR *****hole!)

Billy Whizz
26-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Aw gie's peace!

Linwood, Jesus. Popped into see a customer there last week! Hasn't changed since I lived in Paisley in the 1970's, apart from a new Tesco

lord bunberry
26-02-2015, 09:47 AM
This story reminds me of another story a few years back when Leith Walk was declared to be the most depressing street in Scotland. People here for 5 mins passing judgment on streets, towns or cities can go and **** themselves. People are what makes places and I'm sure Paisley has thousands of decent people living there who don't deserve their town being slagged off by some nonentity who probably knows nothing about the place he's criticising.

Mr Grieves
26-02-2015, 09:53 AM
This story reminds me of another story a few years back when Leith Walk was declared to be the most depressing street in Scotland. People here for 5 mins passing judgment on streets, towns or cities can go and **** themselves. People are what makes places and I'm sure Paisley has thousands of decent people living there who don't deserve their town being slagged off by some nonentity who probably knows nothing about the place he's criticising.
Who said that about Leith Walk? It's one of the most interesting streets in Edinburgh.

lord bunberry
26-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Who said that about Leith Walk? It's one of the most interesting streets in Edinburgh.
I can't remember who did the survey, but it was in the newspapers at the time. There was also a thread on here about it.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Whatever this guy has said about Paisley, and whether or not he is right - it's not as bad as wherever he came from. FACT

(SUBTEXT = we know Paisley is not as nice as the capital, some might call it a sh*tehole, including the people who live there, but it's OUR *****hole!)

Its called Wognum - honest - sounds a real exciting place.:greengrin

Ronniekirk
26-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Linwood, Jesus. Popped into see a customer there last week! Hasn't changed since I lived in Paisley in the 1970's, apart from a new Tesco

A land trapped in the mists of time Even I dont go there 🙈

allezsauzee
26-02-2015, 04:57 PM

I think I've identified the issue here....quotes attributed to Jeroen should be taken with a lorryload of salt.