PDA

View Full Version : Rory Loy

Hibeesmad
23-02-2015, 04:39 PM
He has signed a pre contract with Dundee. I believe he is one of Falkirk's top goalscorer's this season? This could also suggest the departure of Martin Boyle from Dundee at the end of the season. I believe Dundee have a lot of attacking options now

Centre Hawf
23-02-2015, 05:28 PM
He has signed a pre contract with Dundee. I believe he is one of Falkirk's top goalscorer's this season? This could also suggest the departure of Martin Boyle from Dundee at the end of the season. I believe Dundee have a lot of attacking options now

With Stewart, Clarkson, Heffernan and Tankulic it would suggest Boyles time is up there. Also they may have offers for Stewart or they've taken one look at Heff and realised what most of us did after watching him play.

jacomo
23-02-2015, 05:40 PM
It seems that Hibs initially proposed swapping Heff for Boyle - with both in the last 6 months of their contracts, would have been fairly straightforward swap.

In the summer we will have Big Dom Malonga, Farid, New Franck and Jason on our books, plus Handling and Harris. Boyle will have to impress to get a deal IMO.

Pretty Boy
23-02-2015, 05:48 PM
I like Boyle in that his pace offers something really different. Late in a game that could be a real weapon.

He reminds me a bit of Ivan Sproule, although he has a way to go to reach his status amongst the support, in that he has pace to spare but the final ball and finishing never seems like it comes total naturally.

HFC 0-7
23-02-2015, 05:56 PM
It seems that Hibs initially proposed swapping Heff for Boyle - with both in the last 6 months of their contracts, would have been fairly straightforward swap.

In the summer we will have Big Dom Malonga, Farid, New Franck and Jason on our books, plus Handling and Harris. Boyle will have to impress to get a deal IMO.

I think he has impressed already, his pace is something that we have been lacking as our forward line can sometimes seem very slow.

B.H.F.C
23-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Boyle has a bit to do to earn a deal. Think his opportunities will be quite limited between now and the end of the season as well. Can't see him starting too often.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Will be surprised if Boyle earns a deal at Hibs with Harris already tied up and hopefully coming back with confidence rebuilt.

J-C
23-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Will be surprised if Boyle earns a deal at Hibs with Harris already tied up and hopefully coming back with confidence rebuilt.

Might find if we go up then 4-4-2 diamond won't be used as much as the league will be a tougher one, wouln't surprise me if he goes 4-2-3-1 with pace behind the striker it quickly turns into 4-3-3.

Malonga not guaranteed to be here as IIRC he only had a 1 year deal, Farid might not recover enough to be the same player.

HibbyKeith
23-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Might find if we go up then 4-4-2 diamond won't be used as much as the league will be a tougher one, wouln't surprise me if he goes 4-2-3-1 with pace behind the striker it quickly turns into 4-3-3.

Malonga not guaranteed to be here as IIRC he only had a 1 year deal, Farid might not recover enough to be the same player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29084764 :wink:

J-C
24-02-2015, 08:14 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29084764 :wink:

Cheers for that shouldn't go with Football Manager :greengrin for fact and figures, I knew Fontaine only had a 1 year deal and assumed Malonga was the same, still think he'll go elsewhere in the summer when a £500K bid comes in.

heretoday
24-02-2015, 09:38 AM
I remarked on Loy ages ago saying we should be taking a look at him. Did anyone listen?

No they didn't.

IanM
24-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I remarked on Loy ages ago saying we should be taking a look at him. Did anyone listen?

No they didn't.

erm, Dundee did

Andy74
24-02-2015, 10:16 AM

No they didn't.

Good thing too.

jacomo
24-02-2015, 10:29 AM

No they didn't.

How do you know no one took a look at him?