PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the first to go?

Iceman1875
23-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Not being negative just being realistic, our signings this season have been brilliant and all have contributed so far. With Dundee United after Scotty Allan last month, there will be no doubt more interest in our players this summer but who will be first to go?

I can see us losing Malonga to a lower end championship side after he will score 20-25 goals this season. He's young, now an international and can't be on huge money with us.

I guess a lot depends in how successful we are this season and wether we go up or not.

What's your view?

At Easter Road we play...

Ozyhibby
23-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Don't care so long as we go up. Players are all replaceable.

Onion
23-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Don't care so long as we go up. Players are all replaceable.

:thumbsup: I like your thinking :thumbsup: About time we started to focus on the long term good of the club, rather than putting all our hopes on a player or two as that's got us nowhere in the past. We have a capable manager who seems to know what the hell he's doing for a change. Hopefully Hibs have the good sense to support Stubbs and his vision.

brog
23-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Effectively these days every player is a loan signing. With the exception of young players coming through its really unusual for a player to have longer than a 2 year contract. That means after 1 year they're up for grabs or contract renegotiation. The good news is both Malonga & Allan are on 2 year contracts so at worst case we should get some money for them. The better news is Stubbs has shown he has a great eye for a player & I'm sure he's already looking forward & anticipating covering for any departures. Long term succession planning, it will never catch on!!

scuttle
23-02-2015, 10:48 AM
The way things are going at the moment Stubbs might beat them all and be away first

worcesterhibby
23-02-2015, 10:48 AM
We will go up and all the players Stubbs WANTS to keep, we will keep. A new Era beckons.

Hibby Bairn
23-02-2015, 11:31 AM
We're all doomed I tell ya.

Lago
23-02-2015, 11:46 AM
The way things are going at the moment Stubbs might beat them all and be away first
You could be right if no promotion this time.

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2015, 11:58 AM
There may be a few clubs looking at our players, but I doubt the offers will be earth shattering. Lets face it, who is going to offer a million quid for a Championship player? If we were able to turn down two hundred odd thousand for Allan it could be we will hold onto most of the guys under contract. Fraser Fyvie is starting to look good, but I guess he will consider his options in the summer and I have no doubt the likes of Aberdeen will have him on their radar if he continues to perform.

Its all about promotion ... go up and we have a chance of keeping most, stay down and our better players will get itchy feet. Of course, if we go up and can tack at least a Scottish Cup semi onto that then keeping our players will be the least of our worries. Its unlikely that Celtic will be looking for a new boss .... but having read Allan Stubbs book if they were to come calling he would jump, their treatment of him when he was ill was first class and I get the impression he's not the type of guy to forget.

emerald green
23-02-2015, 03:12 PM
If there's rumours about Lionel Messi leaving Barcelona, then I don't think there's much Hibs can do in all honesty if a realistic offer were to be made for one of our players, and he wanted to leave.

All we as Hibs supporters can do is to support the club by renewing and buying more season tickets, and if you cannot do that (for whatever reason) turn up and pay at the gate whenever you can.

Contributing to HSL and buying shares direct will also help enormously.

I believe Hibs are trying their best to build and improve the squad.

Smartie
23-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Swansea are normally held up as the best example of "succession planning".

They've lost several managers but have still managed to keep on the same positive track.

LD is the most important for me. As along as she is heading the whole thing up everything else will fall into place. Stubbs will leave, hopefully later rather than sooner and he may take his back room team with him. It will be easier though for a new manager to come in and pick up the reins of a well-managed situation rather than the omni-shambles our last 5 or 6 managers have inherited and tried to make work.

Every player has his price and they will come and go. It was really encouraging that on Saturday we were without 3 or 4 midfielders and still manages to put a very strong team out.

If anyone goes then I'd trust Stubbs to replace them well. He's already shown he has an eye for a player after what he's managed to do in 2 transfer windows.

Most likely to leave would be Allan. Good player, ambitious and likely to command a fee that we might accept.

The ones I'd least like to see go would be Stevenson or Gray who are superb players but unlikely to command a great transfer fee. To be honest, most of the players who are out of contract at the end of the season I would like to see us keep and wouldn't want to see us lose and it would be hard to see any of Stevenson, Fontaine, Fyvie, Robertson or McGeoch playing anywhere other than ER next season.

It is absolutely imperative that we go up.

Matty_Jack04
23-02-2015, 03:39 PM

Im not so sure, I think Stubbs has exactly what he wants with hibs right now it's a perfect place for him to really show what he can do I can't see him jumping ship at the first offer of a club down south where he'll have to start the process all over again, I'd like to think we'll get a good 3/4 yrs with Stubbs before he feels it's time to move on.......if Ronny dehlia lasts that long that is :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
23-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Swansea are normally held up as the best example of "succession planning".

They've lost several managers but have still managed to keep on the same positive track.

LD is the most important for me. As along as she is heading the whole thing up everything else will fall into place. Stubbs will leave, hopefully later rather than sooner and he may take his back room team with him. It will be easier though for a new manager to come in and pick up the reins of a well-managed situation rather than the omni-shambles our last 5 or 6 managers have inherited and tried to make work.

Every player has his price and they will come and go. It was really encouraging that on Saturday we were without 3 or 4 midfielders and still manages to put a very strong team out.

If anyone goes then I'd trust Stubbs to replace them well. He's already shown he has an eye for a player after what he's managed to do in 2 transfer windows.

Most likely to leave would be Allan. Good player, ambitious and likely to command a fee that we might accept.

The ones I'd least like to see go would be Stevenson or Gray who are superb players but unlikely to command a great transfer fee. To be honest, most of the players who are out of contract at the end of the season I would like to see us keep and wouldn't want to see us lose and it would be hard to see any of Stevenson, Fontaine, Fyvie, Robertson or McGeoch playing anywhere other than ER next season.

It is absolutely imperative that we go up.

How much of Stubbs 'eye for a player' is down to him as opposed to the new head of player recruitment?

Smartie
23-02-2015, 03:59 PM
How much of Stubbs 'eye for a player' is down to him as opposed to the new head of player recruitment?

Fair point, I don't know.

Somebody has an eye for a player though. The contrast between the last 2 transfer windows and the previous 12 or so was unbelievable. And I don't think that it looks that much better just because we're playing at a lower level.

Pete
23-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Nice cheery thread.

Anyway, if we get this Southampton model in place it won't matter who leaves. Even Stubbs.

I'll start worrying when the Southampton model leaves.

Wilson
23-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Nice cheery thread.

Anyway, if we get this Southampton model in place it won't matter who leaves. Even Stubbs.

She must be hot.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Nice cheery thread.

That's my thinking. It's the correct structure that's important.

Mibbes Aye
23-02-2015, 06:51 PM
If there's rumours about Lionel Messi leaving Barcelona, then I don't think there's much Hibs can do in all honesty if a realistic offer were to be made for one of our players, and he wanted to leave.

That's maybe true in relation to Lewis or at a push, Scotty Allan.

I'm not convinced Barca would look at say Liam Craig to replace Messi though. And no, I'm not a Craig-hater, just saying like - different kind of player :agree:.

emerald green
23-02-2015, 06:59 PM

I'm not convinced Barca would look at say Liam Craig to replace Messi though. And no, I'm not a Craig-hater, just saying like - different kind of player :agree:.

Yes Liam is different from Lionel! I don't think he would fit into Barca's midfield. :greengrin And no, I'm not a Craig hater either mate. I don't hate any Hibs player as long as he gives 100% every game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2015, 07:02 PM
When we go up next season, then unless a player goes to Celtc or the Sheep, then we are as good an option as any other team. If a player wants to go to England, then whichever team they play for up here makes no difference.

Phil D. Rolls
23-02-2015, 07:02 PM
That's my thinking. It's the correct structure that's important.

If the structures right, it doesn't matter about individuals.

Like Petrie. :duck:

Eyrie
23-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Where did you hear about this swap deal? :confused:

The obvious candidates to be the first to move on would be Fontaine, Fyvie and McGeouch, simply because they are playing well but will be out of contract. However like others on this thread I have faith in Mathie/Craig/Stubbs to replace any departures with at least equal quality if not better.