PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs, a perfect gentleman

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 12:36 AM
He was in our local tonight, and drinking a couple of shandies I must add. he had 2 guys with him, and both spoke Liverpool accents. had a good craic with them, and good of them to listen to our drunken slavering for so long. btw, he is a big laddie! did not realise how tall he is, and I thought Mowbray was a big gadgie.

jabis
23-02-2015, 12:49 AM
"Stubbs scouser shandy shocker as shjt doesn't hit fan"
I should work for the evening news😁

Centre Hawf
23-02-2015, 12:52 AM
He's a great guy and is happy to speak to folk from what I can gather.

Smells lovely as well :greengrin

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 12:52 AM
"Stubbs scouser shandy shocker as shjt doesn't hit fan"
I should work for the evening newsyup, is your name Andy Barrison? :wink:

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 12:55 AM
As said though, along with his "staff" accompanying him, he was suberb. chatted away with me and mates, but when asked if he was a Hibs.netter, for some reason he declined to answer:greengrin

jabis
23-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Sweet baby Jesus no!.......

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 01:03 AM
sweet baby who? :confused:

snooky
23-02-2015, 01:04 AM
As said though, along with his "staff" accompanying him, he was suberb. chatted away with me and mates, but when asked if he was a Hibs.netter, for some reason he declined to answer:greengrin

Were these the guys?
http://makebelievecostumehire.co.uk/the-1980s/80s-shellsuit-harry-enfield-scouser/

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Were these the guys?
http://makebelievecostumehire.co.uk/the-1980s/80s-shellsuit-harry-enfield-scouser/ awrite awrite, you saying I'm an eejit?:greengrin

jabis
23-02-2015, 01:34 AM
sweet baby who? :confused:

Not in any shape or form related to the knob that is berry odious!

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Not in any shape or form related to the knob that is berry odious!aye ,right then

BT58
23-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Would your local be in mussy ??? AS goes to Maddisons ( good food). I heard he likes the pub in Joppa too..

Zazu62
23-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Think Stubbs stays in portobello

AinsterHibs
23-02-2015, 11:29 AM
AS lives in Joppa, shares his house with the guys you met.
I met them in the Guild of Foresters with my missus, his family and those friends were also there.

They had an entire table to themselves.

He had plenty of time for everyone, spent a fair bit of time with me and my missus discussing what we would want for at Hibs, and talking about what he has had to deal with, in regards to what Butcher left him with.

His scouser mates were also brilliant, again they sat with us and had a chat, along the same lines as AS did.

Another interesting thing was his other mate from the band The Farm, Peter Hooton he was there too, another great character.14427

Great guy.

Peevemor
23-02-2015, 12:02 PM
You can tell that he's a good guy from his interviews - it's never about him, but always the club/squad/group. He also seems to have a genuine affection for his players.

andrew70
23-02-2015, 12:16 PM
I met them in the Guild of Foresters with my missus, his family and those friends were also there.

He had plenty of time for everyone, spent a fair bit of time with me and my missus discussing what we would want for at Hibs, and talking about what he has had to deal with, in regards to what Butcher left him with.

His scouser mates were also brilliant, again they sat with us and had a chat, along the same lines as AS did.

Another interesting thing was his other mate from the band The Farm, Peter Hooton he was there too, another great character.14427

Great guy.

Andy Holden and John Doolan then? - sure he stays with his assistants anyway. Doolan is definitely a scouser although I thought Holden was Welsh. Could be wrong?

Leith_Hibee
23-02-2015, 12:22 PM
I've not been in the Ormalee for ages :wink:

hibee_nation
23-02-2015, 12:39 PM

Great guy.

You should have stood up when you got your pic taken with him. :greengrin

AinsterHibs
23-02-2015, 12:40 PM
You should have stood up when you got your pic taken with him. :greengrin

Lol, I was already standing on the table at the time :)

WillowbraeHibby
23-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Lol, I was already standing on the table at the time :)

:faf::faf: Jeezus.... Pure class... :greengrin

AinsterHibs
23-02-2015, 12:42 PM
You can tell that he's a good guy from his interviews - it's never about him, but always the club/squad/group. He also seems to have a genuine affection for his players.

Spot on, he never referred anything in the conversations about himself, it was all about the team, the players, the fans and Hibs.

Northernhibee
23-02-2015, 12:45 PM
I'll only be happy with his interviews if he starts referring to himself exclusively in the third person, kind of like The Rock.

Alex Trager
23-02-2015, 03:14 PM
I'll only be happy with his interviews if he starts referring to himself exclusively in the third person, kind of like The Rock.

I would like that a lot.

So alan would you say this promotion is down to you?

Alan Stubbs reckons that the promotion is down to everyone at the club. Not just one particular person.
He also thinks that the goal motherwell scores was lucky but he is saying that it didn't matter as the team were already up four goals.

He reckons that the cup win was incremental in the win today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
23-02-2015, 05:37 PM
i would like that a lot.

Alan stubbs reckons that the promotion is down to everyone at the club. Not just one particular person.
He also thinks that the goal motherwell scores was lucky but he is saying that it didn't matter as the team were already up four goals.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

if ya smelllll

jacomo
23-02-2015, 06:02 PM

Luis van Gaal was one of the pioneers of this, in the football world at least. Disappointing that he doesn't do it so much at Man Utd, although the mountainous ego is still present and correct.

Zlatan obviously the master.

Northernhibee
23-02-2015, 06:18 PM
I would like that a lot.

Alan Stubbs reckons that the promotion is down to everyone at the club. Not just one particular person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking more along the lines of "Finally, Alan Stubbs has come back to Easter Road!

Now people have been saying that the Stubbs is not the one to win promotion for the Hibees, that Robbie Niellson is running away from the Stubbs in the title race. Well Robbie Nielsen, you can face up to the Stubbs, he'll take you on, face to face. You can pick a partner as well, and you can bring your dinner if you want because you'll need it once the Stubbs is finished with you and he'll kick all your candy asses!

Also Sam Stanton is doubtful after a knock in training"

Baader
23-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Luis van Gaal was one of the pioneers of this, in the football world at least. Disappointing that he doesn't do it so much at Man Utd, although the mountainous ego is still present and correct.

Zlatan obviously the master.

Referring to one's self in the 3rd person is the sign of a complete and utter tw@t!

Billy Davies anyone...

SaulGoodman
23-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Do you smell what the Stubbs is cookin'?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-02-2015, 07:23 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of "Finally, Alan Stubbs has come back to Easter Road!

Now people have been saying that the Stubbs is not the one to win promotion for the Hibees, that Robbie Niellson is running away from the Stubbs in the title race. Well Robbie Nielsen, you can face up to the Stubbs, he'll take you on, face to face. You can pick a partner as well, and you can bring your dinner if you want because you'll need it once the Stubbs is finished with you and he'll kick all your candy asses!

Eh?

Pretty Boy
23-02-2015, 07:27 PM

:tee hee:

#FromTheCapital
23-02-2015, 09:30 PM
What is your name??

Robbie Nei......

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!

Swedish hibee
23-02-2015, 10:03 PM
On Peter's twitter he posted a pic outside the tunnel at ER. Stubbs is on the groovy train! :aok:

JJP
23-02-2015, 10:16 PM

:top marks

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 11:11 PM
I've not been in the Ormalee for ages :wink: your barred, for spelling fault:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2015, 11:48 PM
I think in AS we've finally got our man. I'm chuffed to bits how much Hibs have changed for the better in just a few months and this is just the beginning :gwa2::thumbsup:

--------
24-02-2015, 12:00 AM

Doddie would not like this. He would become very upset. Doddie does not approve of that sort of self-advertisement.

Doddie says NH is wrong.

SaulGoodman
24-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Doddie would not like this. He would become very upset. Doddie does not approve of that sort of self-advertisement.

Doddie says NH is wrong.

WeeAirdrieJambo agrees

Leith Mo
24-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Referring to one's self in the 3rd person is the sign of a complete and utter tw@t!

Billy Davies anyone...

Danny Lennon