PDA

View Full Version : Rules on shirt colours

thebakerboy
22-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Just watching MOTD2 and as I thought several players on both sides wearing thermal type vests under team shirts which were the same colour as team shirts . Now I think this is a UEFA/FIFA rule. Yesterday Fraser Fyvie was wearing a black under shirt like this under his green team shirt. Now I do not want to seem pedantic but if this is a rule I feel we should not be setting our selves up for problems with Referees by letting it slip through our preparations. By the way I think its a daft rule but sometimes you just have to buckle down.

matty_f
22-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Think it would be up to the ref to call that out at the time if it was a problem.

Twiglet
22-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Maybe it just has to be not a clash (e.g. white with our home kitor black/purple/green with the away). Our home strip is that dark you'd not black sleeves mixed up with an oppostion shirt (we shouldn't be playing a team that's wearing a dark strip anyway, they should wear their other strip).

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-02-2015, 11:18 PM
If you think thats daft, Griffiths got booked v Leuven in a pre-season game as the tape on his socks was a different colour to the socks.

jabis
22-02-2015, 11:40 PM
I think we should be deducted at least 300 points for this demeanour,Celtic,rangers and hearts would never get off with this blatant cheating!

easty
23-02-2015, 08:08 AM
If you think thats daft, Griffiths got booked v Leuven in a pre-season game as the tape on his socks was a different colour to the socks.

Couple of years back a ref told us we'd be booked if we didn't remove the tape from our socks before the game started, cos it was a different colour to the sock. In amateur football!

Smartie
23-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Couple of years back a ref told us we'd be booked if we didn't remove the tape from our socks before the game started, cos it was a different colour to the sock. In amateur football!

It was a rule that came in at the start of last season iirc. All referees at all levels were asked to enforce it.

BoltonHibee
23-02-2015, 10:38 AM
It was a rule that came in at the start of last season iirc. All referees at all levels were asked to enforce it.

Yes, tape has to be same colour as socks. Undershorts have to be same colour as shorts. Under armour should be same colour as tops. This season we have had two players told to remove tops that were a different colour to strip and 3 players told to remove undershorts.

This is definitely FA rules, not sure about other authorities

hibbeedavid
23-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I thought Fyvie's base layer shirt looked like it was dark green rather than black, the other week Scott Allen had a bottle green base layer shirt on underneath his regular shirt. Rules do dictate that they should be same colour as the sleeve as the shirt however I noticed a few Arbroath players the other week had white (sleeve colour) base layers and a couple also used maroon (shirt colour) ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbeedavid
23-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Just googled it- Fyvie's base layer shirt is definitely green

easty
23-02-2015, 02:06 PM

It must have been the season before last, as that's when we were getting pulled up for it. A ref that wouldn't move his arse out the centre circle, on a pitch covered in dog *****, but you better no wear black tape on they blue socks or you're getting booked. Madness.

Fortunately refs at my level have now seen sense and realised there is nae need to enforce that sort of nonsense. We had, ex-SPL ref, David Somers for our game on Saturday and even he wasn't interested in it.

Galahibby
23-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Why don't they just wear long sleeved shirts?

The_Sauz
24-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Why don't they just wear long sleeved shirts?

Because long sleeves are easier to grab hold off!

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2015, 01:28 AM

i noticed a few of our players on sat were wearing short sleeves

HibeesLA
24-02-2015, 04:28 AM
its a FIFA law. Law 4 - The Players Equipment

The basic compulsory equipment of a player comprises the following separate items:
• a jersey or shirt with sleeves – if undergarments are worn, the colour of the sleeve must be the same main colour as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt
• shorts – if undershorts or tights are worn, they must be of the same main
colour as the shorts
• stockings – if tape or similar material is applied externally it must be the
same colour as that part of the stocking it is applied to
• shinguards
• footwear

The reason behind it is so that the Referee and Assitant Referees can distinguish who has last touched a ball if there are a cluster of bodies all going for a ball together. I've had kids turn up to my games wearing odd colored socks, etc and there are times it can be difficult, but common sense always prevails and you'd never caution someone for it in a kids or even amateur setting.

Keith_M
24-02-2015, 07:42 AM
• shorts – if undershorts or tights are worn, they must be of the same main
colour as the shorts
• stockings – if tape or similar material is applied externally it must be the
same colour as that part of the stocking it is applied to

Tights and Stockings!!!

What on earth is happening to Football Players nowadays? Is this the football equivalent of Rocky Horror?

Galahibby
24-02-2015, 05:20 PM

More penalties then?

Haymaker
24-02-2015, 08:56 PM

Been in the laws for a while but only being enforced in amateurs recently. Personally found a few refs have a hard on for the rule but most let it go at amateur and youth level.

hibbeedavid
25-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Slightly off topic but I was on the SPFL website today and noticed that we have a third kit registered, it appears to be last years away shirt with Marathon Bet sponsor worn with last years away shorts and this years home socks, has anyone else seen this kit or even know we had it?!