PDA

View Full Version : David Wotherspoon

Hibeesmad
22-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Watching Sportscene just now and he's having a cracking game, showing great skill and vision. I thought he did well for us and he was definitely one of the players 'disliked' by some fans but he's doing well, fairplay to him

Michael
22-02-2015, 11:03 PM
He was always on of my favourite players when he was with us. Disappointed me when we let him go and replaced him with about 6 left sided players.

The Green Goblin
22-02-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm happy for him that he's doing well, and genuinely good luck to him, but I wouldn't swap anyone in our current team for him either.

StarMan10
22-02-2015, 11:18 PM
He'd have a couple good games in a row but this was followed by 10 or so where he was anonymous and made no impact which also led to him being in and out the team. Glad he's doing okay for himself but it was obvious he didn't have the ability to push on to that top level

Unseen work
22-02-2015, 11:23 PM
When you look at the team we have now

Most week is 11 players playing a huge role in the win and everyone playing well and contributing.

Fair enough it's a different league/manager and style but he just never seemed to consistently excel, saying that I think the current style would suit him really well

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Seemed to have a great game on Saturday. Don't think he's done much else all season though tbh

AK86
23-02-2015, 12:38 AM
Another master stroke by the disaster that was Fenlon letting this lad go. Fenlon didn't like the fact that Spoony actually liked to go forward, and make runs into the box.
to think he left him out of that cup,final, and played some right huddies in his place.
idiot of a man

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Another master stroke by the disaster that was Fenlon letting this lad go. Fenlon didn't like the fact that Spoony actually liked to go forward, and make runs into the box.
to think he left him out of that cup,final, and played some right huddies in his place.
idiot of a manmaybe Fenlon had similar thoughts of a lot of Hibernian fans. not quite a one trick pony, but a bit up and down, and unpredictable none the less.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Wotherspoon would have done better under the current regime. Towards the end of his time here his fitness was shocking.

.Sean.
23-02-2015, 02:38 AM
Wotherspoon was ***** and we got rid for that reason.

Onion
23-02-2015, 05:43 AM
I'm happy for him that he's doing well, and genuinely good luck to him, but I wouldn't swap anyone in our current team for him either.

:agree: Decent player on his day, but too inconsistent. Nice to see him doing well but wouldn't want him back at ER.

superfurryhibby
23-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Decent player who was treated appallingly by Fenlon. Changed the course of the game when he came on in the semi v Aberdeen. Glad for him that he got his winners medal after being bumped in two previous finals. He probably has found his level- top half of the premier league.

AK86
23-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Wotherspoon was ***** and we got rid for that reason.
Yeah, the folk we replaced him with did us proud, didn't they

Andy74
23-02-2015, 09:32 AM
These threads appear once every six months or so which shows how often he has a good game.

Centre Hawf
23-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah, the folk we replaced him with did us proud, didn't they

Not sure why the players after him being worse excuses him for being inconsistent and anonymous for a month of fixtures at a time. Followed then by 1 or 2 half decent games only to go back to hiding.

Wotherspoon showed small glimpses of his ability every so often almost as if to tease us that the player in there was about to come out but it never did for longer than 2 games. He was left out of both cup finals because his form was pathetic going into them and while those who played in his place weren't any good, what does it say about him that he was deemed not worthy of their place?

Beefster
23-02-2015, 01:22 PM
These threads appear once every six months or so which shows how often he has a good game.

Yup. By all accounts, he's exactly the same at St Johnstone as he was for us. Decent in a game and then anonymous for the next twelve.

Spike Mandela
23-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Every year squads need refreshed players come and players go. Some leave and improve as a player and their career goes up a gear whist others do the opposite.

I'm sure if David was still here he would have continued to improve but our squad needed overhauled at the time and he got a chance to move to the club he supported as a boy. Timing was right for him to move.

He'll have a bloody Scottish cup medal as well which he wouldn't have staying with us.:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
23-02-2015, 01:39 PM

Indeed.

TheFamous1875
23-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Should've never've been moved from right-back. He was the next Whittaker :cb

eastterrace
23-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Should've never've been moved from right-back. He was the next Whittaker :cb

this is a wind up surely, he was murder at right back thats what destroyed his talent imo playing that position.