PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

DownInAlbion
22-02-2015, 09:12 PM
The boy's on fire. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31466608

:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
22-02-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd swap him for Boyle IF the chance arose.

Northernhibee
22-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Really important we keep the lads confidence levels sky high when he returns to us. Good to see him back at his best.

Hermit Crab
22-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Tread hijack. How lucky was that hearts winner!!! Unbelievable.

Deek9
22-02-2015, 09:29 PM
The boy's on fire. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31466608

:thumbsup:

Great to see him playing with confidence again, taking on players, getting shots away and dangerous crossing. This is the player we want coming back.

DownInAlbion
22-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Tread hijack. How lucky was that hearts winner!!! Unbelievable.

Typical filth goal.

jabis
22-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Great to see him playing with confidence again, taking on players, getting shots away and dangerous crossing. This is the player we want coming back.

And a pile of grumpy gits,shouting abuse :-(

HoboHarry
22-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Assuming he wants to come back.

The Sundance Kid
22-02-2015, 09:42 PM

He has 2 more years on his contract so if Stubbs thinks he has a future here (which based on his comments when Harris went on loan I believe he does) then I'm sure we'll see him back at Hibs next season

DownInAlbion
22-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't worry about him not coming back.
:gwa:

Hibeewilly
22-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I've got a mate who is a Dundee season ticket holder and he tells me Alex is improving with every game

Michael
22-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Shows what a bit of confidence can do for you.

essexhibee
22-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Wow can't believe Motherwell are bottom. Crazy stuff they seem like us last season on a unstoppable slide and losing to the teams around them.

Hibeesmad
22-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Seeing Harris doing so well is just amazing news for us. He will be like a brand new signing in the summer and I can't wait to see him brought into this side we are building

Hibeesmad
22-02-2015, 10:07 PM
We should have him back for the Play Off's too, even better

Unseen work
22-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Personally think he has to leave to develop and fufill his potential.

Really like the look of Boyle, constant threat

matty_f
22-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Personally think he has to leave to develop and fufill his potential.

Really like the look of Boyle, constant threat

I think the loan move was a good compromise, we'll get a better player back which can only be a good thing.

.Sean.
22-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Hopefully Dundee toughens him up a bit.

That's what infuriates me about Harris, I used to have a blazing row with my pal every week about him, it's the fact he's a player but doesn't show it enough that infuriates me. He's brilliant on his day but his lack of confidence/ character needs adressed and hopefully his spell away sorts it. Great potential but far too timid.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2015, 10:44 PM
That Hearts winner was unreal. How can one team constantly carry so much luck?!

Iain G
22-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I think the loan move was a good compromise, we'll get a better player back which can only be a good thing.

But where would he play if Stubbs sticks with the diamond midfield?!

pedroorange1875
22-02-2015, 10:55 PM
seems to suddenly have developed 4 yards of pace, now is that an indication he really did not want to be here, as in, a will not skill. Not sure i want a player like that back as you don't suddenly develop that speed

Fergus52
22-02-2015, 10:59 PM
But where would he play if Stubbs sticks with the diamond midfield?!

He won't next season IMO

Iain G
22-02-2015, 11:01 PM
He won't next season IMO

Good to have a natural wide player if he wants to mix it up

Centre Hawf
22-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Great to see the lad doing well and pleased for him. Although I will admit that if he wasn't to be back at Hibs next season it wouldn't be the end of the world. I quite like Boyle and his work rate helps our strikers who would rather stay in the more central positions. Also I don't fancy changing our system to accommodate him. However if he was to come back it would still be a great option to have if he's confident.

TheFamous1875
22-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Having an in-form Harris in a Hibs' stating XI would be great, but with the success of our current midfield diamond, he'd be playing up top as a pace-y striker or in the #10 role. If we were to play with 'natural' width, our best bet would be with Harris on one wing and Djedje on the other.

If the highlights of the last few weeks he's been looking like the player he was when he broke through and I personally cannae wait to get him back in the green and white!

Deansy
23-02-2015, 01:24 AM
Alex Harris before his injury, was one of the best prospects I've seen in a long, long time at Hibs !. Lost his confidence after that injury, but, thankfully, he seems to be getting it back. If he comes back in the same frame of mind as he's got just now, both Hibs and him will greatly benefit !!

pedroorange1875
23-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Big IF for me, midfield very very strong, when i watch the highlights of the SPFL cant help but think even with Aberdeen/DUFC we have the strongest midfield. Harris was good on his day but maybe with us his day has gone, and Stubbs has other plans hence the loan. I dont think that necessarily his good form is the best for us as i think that Stubbs is smart enough to let him go, put on loan to see where his best position is and if that does not fit in then, Stubbs has the bottle to say no. Which i suspect is the case now

Stonewall
23-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Big IF for me, midfield very very strong, when i watch the highlights of the SPFL cant help but think even with Aberdeen/DUFC we have the strongest midfield. Harris was good on his day but maybe with us his day has gone, and Stubbs has other plans hence the loan. I dont think that necessarily his good form is the best for us as i think that Stubbs is smart enough to let him go, put on loan to see where his best position is and if that does not fit in then, Stubbs has the bottle to say no. Which i suspect is the case now

Problem with our mid-field is that they all prefer to play centrally with the width provided by the full backs. When we play against better teams the fullbacks might not be able to get forward so easily. Might be invaluable to have Harris in that case attacking from out wide.

J-C
23-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Superb piece of management by Stubbs, take Harris out of the firing line and allow him to gain confidence and match sharpness without detrement to us, it'll be like getting a new signing when he's back, as long as all the booers and moaners shut the **** up and let him play.

Smartie
23-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Superb piece of management by Stubbs, take Harris out of the firing line and allow him to gain confidence and match sharpness without detrement to us, it'll be like getting a new signing when he's back, as long as all the booers and moaners shut the **** up and let him play.

Spot on. Great move by Stubbs.

I thought it was almost inevitable that he would leave, not return and prosper like so many have.

Would be delighted to see him have a decent second crack at things at ER.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Can we use him in the play off final if we get there?
Premier season ends on 24th May

Nevi_SOL
23-02-2015, 08:28 AM
He won't next season IMO

I Agree i think the diamond is good in this division because a lot of teams like to sit back, but next season will be different

J-C

It'll depend on wha day his loan ends.

Billy Whizz
It'll depend on wha day his loan ends.

What about the cup final?

J-C
23-02-2015, 08:30 AM
What about the cup final?

:rules::greengrin

J-C
23-02-2015, 08:33 AM
I Agree i think the diamond is good in this division because a lot of teams like to sit back, but next season will be different

If we get promoted you'll not play with 2 up top very often as the wingbacks won't be allowed to bomb forward as much as they do in this division, Stubbs may go for 3 at the back if he still wants the wingbacks pushing up but a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 would be better suited to premiership.

Brightside
23-02-2015, 08:47 AM
seems to suddenly have developed 4 yards of pace, now is that an indication he really did not want to be here, as in, a will not skill. Not sure i want a player like that back as you don't suddenly develop that speed

He's a confidence player who was shot to bits. The majority of this board were happy to get rid. "coward" "gutless" mentioned on many occasions by the experts on here.

Him, Sammy, Danny will be hugely important players for us next season.

Jim44
23-02-2015, 09:16 AM
If we don't get promotion, I think there's a chance that Harris will not return, but move on for a fee to a Scottish Premiership or English Championship club. Harris's last months with us hold bad memories for him and I think he might not relish returning to a team under pressure for promotion next season.

Hibernian Verse
23-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Spoke to him on Saturday - he's loving it!

Always knew there was a player in there, shame the boo boys damaged his confidence.

Andy74
23-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Spoke to him on Saturday - he's loving it!

Always knew there was a player in there, shame the boo boys damaged his confidence.

I don't think Harris was a target for anyone, and it wasn't the fans that affected his confidence.

Harris is a funny one - some players in recent times have evidently not handled the additional expectations and pressure of playing for Hibs. I think he has been one of them. He may come back with a new outlook or he may come back and find he is back in the spotlight at a bigger club again and let it get to him. If that's the case then there's no point in being here and he should go and hopefully thrive somewhere else.

I think we did get frustrated with him at times but he needs to be tougher, mentally and physically. He was getting out the way of things he should have been challenging for - for a boy that played rugby that was strange.

I'm also not sure where he would play for us.

Lastly, we seem to be signing players that have no trouble coming in and getting on with what we expect them to do, there may be little scope for players taking a long time to get confident and perform consistently.

Onion
23-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Harris was doubly unlucky, not only recovering from a bad injury but having try bail out Butcher and his awful team. Going out on loan might be a great decision and save a promising career. Hopefully returns with self-belief to a much better Hibs team.

lord bunberry
23-02-2015, 10:17 AM
I think the rules state that he is on loan until the next transfer window. I'm not sure when that is but I've got a feeling it's the start of July. As we saw with hearts though you don't have to worry about this particular rule as the authorities don't bother enforcing it.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2015, 10:18 AM
I think the rules state that he is on loan until the next transfer window. I'm not sure when that is but I've got a feeling it's the start of July. As we saw with hearts though you don't have to worry about this particular rule as the authorities don't bother enforcing it.

You're probably right

Centre Hawf
23-02-2015, 11:44 AM

No I don't believe so. We had a similar situation with Calum Booth last season where Raith's game were finished and he was technically back at the club but not allowed to play. His loan will be till the end of the season for both clubs and technically the season hasn't ended as there are still fixtures being played I'm assuming.

Smartie
23-02-2015, 11:54 AM
No I don't believe so. We had a similar situation with Calum Booth last season where Raith's game were finished and he was technically back at the club but not allowed to play. His loan will be till the end of the season for both clubs and technically the season hasn't ended as there are still fixtures being played I'm assuming.

I would like greenginger to seek clarification from his friend Mr Bryson at the SPFL as to whether or not Harris can play under these circumstances and if not, why not. Especially given the far from convincing answers he was given regarding the Jambo youngster who was allowed to play after returning from his loan period outwith the transfer window.

Seveno
23-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Good to hear that he is playing well. Particularly given that he is playing in a league above us.

Lago
23-02-2015, 01:19 PM
That Hearts winner was unreal. How can one team constantly carry so much luck?!
Because they just never give up.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Because they just never give up.

Never giving up doesn't explain deflected goals, penalties outside the box, dodgy red cards, free kicks over the line not given, onside goals not given, coming out of admin smelling of roses etc etc etc. That's most definitely luck

Jack Hackett
23-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Never giving up doesn't explain deflected goals, penalties outside the box, dodgy red cards, free kicks over the line not given, onside goals not given, coming out of admin smelling of roses etc etc etc. That's most definitely luck

...or a deal with the devil :devil:

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-02-2015, 04:49 PM
...or a deal with the devil :devil:

Possibly 😯

superfurryhibby
23-02-2015, 05:04 PM

Are you Celtic on disguise?:greengrin

I really hope Harris returns to us full of confidence. Last season was just a write off and it's not the measure of the player. What he does now is pivotal, otherwise he'll be going down the leagues. Looks like Dundee is working out, here's hoping he keeps it up.

HoboHarry
23-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Are you Celtic on disguise?:greengrin

I really hope Harris returns to us full of confidence. Last season was just a write off and it's not the measure of the player. What he does now is pivotal, otherwise he'll be going down the leagues. Looks like Dundee is working out, here's hoping he keeps it up.
Why? He is doing well having moved up a league.....

hibsbollah
23-02-2015, 05:11 PM

:agree: good post. Personally I cant wait to get him back and see if the player we thought we had, returns. It wouldn't be the first time I'd given up on a player only for him to prove me wrong (step forward Jorge Claros)

superfurryhibby
23-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Why? He is doing well having moved up a league.....

Yeah, this loan's important for him. He needs to do well after last seasons write off. He didn't impress Stubbs enough and goes elsewhere, regardless of up a league or not. If he had played gash at Dundee it maybe says that he's not going to make it at Hibs either.

eastterrace
23-02-2015, 06:24 PM

maybe the motherwell defender was slow and made harris look fast,only saying like.:wink:

Green Fish
23-02-2015, 06:26 PM
We have loan players just now that we hope will sign a contract with us. Dundee fans will have the same hopes with AH. Will he want to come back??

Andy74
23-02-2015, 06:27 PM
We have loan players just now that we hope will sign a contract with us. Dundee fans will have the same hopes with AH. Will he want to come back??

The loan players we have are all out of contract in the summer. Harris is not.

J-C
23-02-2015, 06:29 PM

He has 2 more years on his contract in the summer, he'll have no choice. Stubbs will have explained the reason for the loan to take him away from negativity and allow his confidence to grow again, he'll come back a better player.

Green Fish
23-02-2015, 06:29 PM
The loan players we have are all out of contract in the summer. Harris is not.

we were desperate for LG to sign when on loan from wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay at dundee

Green Fish
23-02-2015, 06:31 PM
He has 2 more years on his contract in the summer, he'll have no choice. Stubbs will have explained the reason for the loan to take him away from negativity and allow his confidence to grow again, he'll come back a better player.

I hope he does come back, if the rumours about the way he was treated by previous regime are accurate it's no wonder his form dipped

J-C
23-02-2015, 06:31 PM
we were desperate for LG to sign when on loan from wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay at dundee

Wolves extended his contract by triggering the 1 year extention clause, Leigh then signed an extention to that when he went back there, we never had a hope of sgning him for nowt as he was always under contract to them.

The Sundance Kid
23-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Surely the Griffiths example helps prove that it is up to Hibs what happens with Harris at the end of the season rather than Harris or Dundee?

Griffiths allegedly wanted to move to Hibs but as he was under contract to Wolves it then became their decision if he left or not, in much the same way that as Harris still has 2 years on his Hibs deal the ball is in our court to decide whether Harris stays at Hibs or not

Green Fish
23-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Surely the Griffiths example helps prove that it is up to Hibs what happens with Harris at the end of the season rather than Harris or Dundee?

Griffiths allegedly wanted to move to Hibs but as he was under contract to Wolves it then became their decision if he left or not, in much the same way that as Harris still has 2 years on his Hibs deal the ball is in our court to decide whether Harris stays at Hibs or not

I totally agree, all I'm trying to say is that by all accounts he is happy and getting 1st team football and in the league above, will he want to return?

AlbertK86
23-02-2015, 08:15 PM
A confident Harris could be a handy alternative at the tip of the diamond

erin go bragh
24-02-2015, 10:00 AM
I totally agree, all I'm trying to say is that by all accounts he is happy and getting 1st team football and in the league above, will he want to return?

Its what Hibs want that counts . He will do what hes told ,as he is under contract till 2017 . Hibs hold all the aces . If the old Boozy ( pre injury) comes back , we will have a cracking player again .

Ggtth

HoboHarry
24-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Its what Hibs want that counts . He will do what hes told ,as he is under contract till 2017 . Hibs hold all the aces . If the old Boozy ( pre injury) comes back , we will have a cracking player again .

Ggtth
Clubs rarely hang on to an unhappy player. If he doesn't want to come back he probably won't.

lord bunberry
24-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Clubs rarely hang on to an unhappy player. If he doesn't want to come back he probably won't.
I can't think of any reason he wouldn't want to come back

HoboHarry
24-02-2015, 10:14 AM

He may well want to come back. Equally, he may enjoy where he is. We will soon see but I have my doubts.

J-C
24-02-2015, 10:30 AM
He may well want to come back. Equally, he may enjoy where he is. We will soon see but I have my doubts.

He's got another 2 years on his contract in the summer, it's nothing to do with him, if Hibs still want him he'll be back, if he wants to stay at Dundee well they'll have to pay a decent fee for a top prospect and they won't have a lot of cash to splash.

--------
24-02-2015, 10:43 AM
I hope he does come back, if the rumours about the way he was treated by previous regime are accurate it's no wonder his form dipped

Yup. I think more players than Harris were affected by Butcher's attitude and methods. Perhaps Alex more than most.

Anyway, reports from Dens are very good and I would hope he'd be back at East Mains at the start of next season raring to go. He's got all the potential to be a very good player and Alan Stubbs seems to be the very guy to bring on young players sensibly.

And finally we seem to have a few youngsters on the books worth his trouble.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't think there's any question that Dundee will look to keep him - but similarly, I don't think there's any question that he'll be staying right here.

I've stated on dozens of threads that I believed Harris still had the potential to be a big player for us - this is looking like the perfect loan deal for us at the moment.

MB62
24-02-2015, 11:05 AM
If he wants to stay at Dundee, and Hibs agree, there will be a fee involved IF Dundee can afford it.
Personally, I would be happy for both clubs to agree a fee and let him move on with his career, I just doubt Dundee will manage to come up with the cash so he may move elsewhere, the loan deal putting him in the shop window for others to view.

southsider
24-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I would like to see him play as an "enchante", a number 10 or player in the hole behind a main striker. Just to give us something a bit different.

Hibby Bairn
24-02-2015, 02:44 PM
He's just a laddie FFS.

Andy74
24-02-2015, 03:54 PM
He's just a laddie FFS.

Harris is the same age as the likes of Callum Paterson and Sam Nicholson at Hearts. At the extreme side he is the same age as Raheem Sterling.

I think he is an age where we can have a conversation about his performances and development.

California-Hibs
24-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Harris is the same age as the likes of Callum Paterson and Sam Nicholson at Hearts. At the extreme side he is the same age as Raheem Sterling.

I think he is an age where we can have a conversation about his performances and development.

This. People are abit too soft at times when it comes to so called 'young players'.

ScottM1875
24-02-2015, 04:20 PM

He's also a year older than Cummings, who people don't seem as shy to criticise despite his age.

jacomo
25-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I would like to see him play as an "enchante", a number 10 or player in the hole behind a main striker. Just to give us something a bit different.

A what?? Do you mean a fantasista? :wink:

jdships
25-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Yup. I think more players than Harris were affected by Butcher's attitude and methods. Perhaps Alex more than most.

Anyway, reports from Dens are very good and I would hope he'd be back at East Mains at the start of next season raring to go. He's got all the potential to be a very good player and Alan Stubbs seems to be the very guy to bring on young players sensibly.

And finally we seem to have a few youngsters on the books worth his trouble.

Absolutely !!
One of my young rellies was freed in a two minute conversation with Butcher and has virtually given up the game - completely disallusioned !
To be fair I don't think he would have made it in the SPL anyway but it was the offhand manner he was told he was being freed that upset him ..

bookert
25-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Yes, he is currently playing well in a team performing in a league above us.

Hibby Bairn
25-02-2015, 08:53 PM

Yes. But he has been criticised on here and at games since he was barely 19 yrs old. Despite a bad injury and huge potential shown when 17/18.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2015, 06:44 AM

The fact that he's a Hibs supporter perhaps?

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2015, 07:05 AM

But he's a Celtic fan...

mjhibby
26-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Alan stubbs im sure told him to go to dundee and get his form and confidence back. We in return got boyle who has been more useful for us. You never know we could end up having both boyle and harris next season but i suppose it depends on us going up. Should we get promotion then im sure a few players will fancy joining us with the midfield we have. As has shown he can spot a player and can get them playing his way. Boozy will be back im sure as the team is playing with confidence and that will suit him. Im afraid the booboys will aways be there and im afraid the only way to silence them is by playing well.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2015, 11:21 AM
But he's a Celtic fan...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-star-alex-harris-tells-3049061

Says here he's a diehard Hibby and his Dad was a Celtic fan.

Saying that, i don't know the laddie, I'm sure i saw him saying this in an interview

lord bunberry
26-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Why would him being a Hibs supporter make him not want to come back.

sahib
26-02-2015, 08:48 PM

it occurs to me, that if his good form continues someone with more cash than Dundee might come in for him. He was coming to the attention of other clubs before his injury, I heard.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2015, 09:03 PM

exactly

J-C
28-02-2015, 12:41 AM
it occurs to me, that if his good form continues someone with more cash than Dundee might come in for him. He was coming to the attention of other clubs before his injury, I heard.

I'll say it agin, he has 2 years left on his contract come the summer, if he has caught the eye of other clubs, they'll still need to put their hand in their pocket and pay the going rate which is £500K plus and rising.

HoboHarry
28-02-2015, 01:04 AM
I'll say it agin, he has 2 years left on his contract come the summer, if he has caught the eye of other clubs, they'll still need to put their hand in their pocket and pay the going rate which is £500K plus and rising.

I doubt we would get that much but yes I do see your point.

Spike Mandela
28-02-2015, 08:11 AM
It's strange seeing as he is playing in the league above us but he probably wouldn't get a regular game in the Hibs team at the moment.

However in the unfortunate event that we don't get promoted this year and thke likelyhood we lose Allen, McGeouch or both then it is good planning to have a player coming back with regular 1st team football at a higher level.

J-C
28-02-2015, 08:14 AM
I doubt we would get that much but yes I do see your point.

If Celtic can pay just over £1m for the 2 Dundee U boys, then £500k is about right .