PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV - A huge well done!

California-Hibs
22-02-2015, 06:34 PM
I just wanted to highlight a bit of due praise for the Hibs TV team. After a frustrating long long wait to get the service up and running, we now have a good solid stream with an excellent HD view.

However Saturday went up a few more levels! Why? Well, with the inclusion of......replays!!! I for one have been wanting these for ages, and couldn't work out why so many other teams gave replays through their fans TV service but we didn't.

After Djédjé scored I was delighted to be quickly shown a reply for the first time!

Also, another great change this week was the inclusion of a scoreboard written along the top of the screen!

These 2 things might seem small, but they make a difference!

Keep up the good work Hibs TV. A delighted Hibee living in the States!

Mikey
22-02-2015, 06:40 PM
I reckon we should run a hibs.net bus to your Man Cave for an upcoming away game :greengrin

Peevemor
22-02-2015, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to highlight a bit of due praise for the Hibs TV team. After a frustrating long long wait to get the service up and running, we now have a good solid stream with an excellent HD view.

However Saturday went up a few more levels! Why? Well, with the inclusion of......replays!!! I for one have been wanting these for ages, and couldn't work out why so many other teams gave replays through their fans TV service but we didn't.

After Djédjé scored I was delighted to be quickly shown a reply for the first time!

Also, another great change this week was the inclusion of a scoreboard written along the top of the screen!

:agree: Yesterday was the best I can remember from Hibs TV. Good quality image, good stream, replays and the score thing. All very professional.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Another improvement for another group of fans.

Well done Hibs.

Pete
22-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Absolutely fantastic if you can see it. All I get is some box asking me to fork out when I want to watch the highlights.

Once again, it looks like I'll have to see what the opposition have to offer on their website.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I reckon we should run a hibs.net bus to your Man Cave for an upcoming away game :greengrin

Not if you pick the bus. :greengrin

HiBremian
22-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Yep, brilliant stream, sound quality spot on, replays, half time show all good.

Guess the only problem for the team now is whether to commentate for UK-based audio-only types ("fine 50 yard pass from Fontaine, on the edge of his own box, to Djedje forward left of the centre circle") or for us overseas Hibbies (****me, what a pass!!) :greengrin

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Not if you pick the bus. :greengrin

Any hibs.net bus will be strictly for uberfans.:na na::wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Any hibs.net bus will be strictly for uberfans.:na na::wink:

:boo hoo: there was me thinking i'd be picked up on the way. :greengrin

HoboHarry
22-02-2015, 07:20 PM
And via Kansas City on the way back......

Mikey
22-02-2015, 07:21 PM
:boo hoo: there was me thinking i'd be picked up on the way. :greengrin

Sorry, we go north as the ferry goes from John O' Groats to Iceland, then we get the ferry to Greenland and another to Canada. It's an easy 5 day drive from there :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-02-2015, 07:22 PM

Are you picking up the tab for all of us on here

Eyrie
22-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Are you picking up the tab for all of us on here

Sounds like a suitable perk for the PMs :agree:

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 09:18 PM

Better still, you could not run one for an MK Dons game.

Swedish hibee
22-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Sorry, we go north as the ferry goes from John O' Groats to Iceland, then we get the ferry to Greenland and another to Canada. It's an easy 5 day drive from there :greengrin

I'll get on at Greenland.. just over the water from me! :wink:

Yep, Well done Hibs TV.

The Green Goblin
22-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Agree 100% with the op and was going to post something similar.

HQ video stream
scoreboard
clock
replays
ht discussion
pre-match video interviews

fantastic!! Well done Hibs TV!

DAVE1875
23-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Think the only thing Hibs TV needs now is a better freeview system. Getting slightly annoyed at having to watch the opposition's TV service for highlights, even if it's just the goals

I'd subscribe to Hibs TV but I'm with Clydesdale and Hibs TV doesn't take Maestro cards... or PayPal for whatever reason

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2015, 11:45 AM
see the live games. Can you subscribe to individual matches?

Peevemor
23-02-2015, 11:52 AM
see the live games. Can you subscribe to individual matches?

I don't think so, but if you were abroad on holiday (for example) you could probably take out a monthly subscription then cancel it afterward.

PeeJay
23-02-2015, 12:13 PM

Good post, well said - Couldn't quite believe it when the 1st replay happened - Be good if they could get back to posting condensed highlights of the games, I can't be bothered watching through 90 minutes for the highlights/goals ... It still has the occasional mishap, but the service certainly seems to be on the right road now ... well done HIbs TV indeed!

Ross4356
23-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm going to Vegas and might buy a game to watch when I'm over there. Can I buy a one-off game and if so how much is it?

Centre Hawf
23-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm going to Vegas and might buy a game to watch when I'm over there. Can I buy a one-off game and if so how much is it?

I believe you can buy a 1 month pass for about 5.99. Just then cancel your subscription after the month?

spike220
24-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Good post, well said - Couldn't quite believe it when the 1st replay happened - Be good if they could get back to posting condensed highlights of the games, I can't be bothered watching through 90 minutes for the highlights/goals ... It still has the occasional mishap, but the service certainly seems to be on the right road now ... well done HIbs TV indeed!

Yes I like the condensed highlights too. But the service has improved out of sight.

Ross4356
24-02-2015, 10:05 PM
I believe you can buy a 1 month pass for about 5.99. Just then cancel your subscription after the month?

Cheers

Tinribs
24-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Glad it seems to be working now, but i grew so pished off at it that i cancelled my subscription after 2 years of pain. And that was with using a proxy, was still not worth the cash at the time.