poolman
22-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Just on Goals on Sunday just now

Great stuff, telling how it should be

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Just on Goals on Sunday just now

Great stuff, telling how it should be

I've missed it mate - what were the highlights?

3pm
22-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Quite amusing!

poolman
22-02-2015, 10:54 AM
I've missed it mate - what were the highlights?

Giving it tight to referees

Sylar
22-02-2015, 11:06 AM
He was livid yesterday and I can't blame him.

I've absolutely no love for Mourinho or Chelsea but they suffered at the hands of a total buffoon yesterday who won't be taken to task because referees are above reproach.

2 stonewall penalties turned down and 2 assaults by the same player that went unpunished - his kick out at Ivanovic and his horrific tackle on Matic, not even a booking. Don't blame Matic for reacting the way he did at all.

Mourinho is one of the more open managers in discussing his thoughts about the game but he's also on the same level of paranoid that Neil Lennon demonstrated during his reign at Parkhead.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the 'tackle' on Matic has been blown out of all proportion. Guy makes a pass, Matic come flying in and plants his leg, guys passing foot catches Matic. It wasn't even a tackle so how it can be described as a 'horror tackle' and other ott superlatives is beyond me. Yes, Matic could have got hurt but it would have just been one of those unfortunate things that happen in football.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpHYHh3ziw

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the 'tackle' on Matic has been blown out of all proportion. Guy makes a pass, Matic come flying in and plants his leg, guys passing foot catches Matic. It wasn't even a tackle so how it can be described as a 'horror tackle' and other ott superlatives is beyond me. Yes, Matic could have got hurt but it would have just been one of those unfortunate things that happen in football.

Think you could be.

It probably wasn't deliberate but it was an awful challenge and Matic is lucky that he didn't suffer some serious injuries as a result of that tackle.

I can understand his reaction.

Sylar
22-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Fair comment PB, it's perhaps an incorrect use of the word 'tackle' but I don't think 'horrific' is OTT at all - his foot plants straight into the side of his leg studs first so it doesn't look accidental to me, particularly since he doesn't appear to withdraw at any point - given his 'tackle' on Ivanovic earlier in the game, it suggests he's a nasty little ******* of a player.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Think you could be.

It probably wasn't deliberate but it was an awful challenge and Matic is lucky that he didn't suffer some serious injuries as a result of that tackle.

But the Burnley player didn't make a tackle. Matic made a tackle, a late one at that, and got caught by the Burnley players foot following through from the pass he made.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Think you could be.

I thought it looked worse than it was - no intent but it still resulted in Matic's leg doubling over.

I can't understand his reaction though - need to be more disciplined than that.

jacomo
22-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Mourinho operates by creating a high pressure environment, where everyone is supposedly out to get him and his team. He's done it everywhere he has been, I doubt he believes the guff that comes out of his mouth.

But the media just lap it up.

3pm
22-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Not sure why he pitched up this morning. While it won't bother him, he won't be getting asked back!

JimBHibees
22-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Not sure I think Barnes follows through unnecessarily and could have pulled out of the collision. His challenge on Ivanovic understandable as that may have been on him was a poor challenge also.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Mourinho operates by creating a high pressure environment, where everyone is supposedly out to get him and his team. He's done it everywhere he has been, I doubt he believes the guff that comes out of his mouth.

But the media just lap it up.

And your point is? :greengrin

jacomo
22-02-2015, 12:39 PM
And your point is? :greengrin

Apologies if I am repeating what others have said.

It's laughable how easily Jose persuades the media to play his game.

worcesterhibby
22-02-2015, 01:55 PM
At the end of the day Chelsea were a bit crap…lost 2 points and Jose was to deflect any criticism. All this talk about stonewall penalties..rubbish..seen them given, seen them not given. Jose is a moaning tool.

Hibby Bairn
22-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Love listening to and watching Mourinho. Great personality in an otherwise mainly boring football elite world.

O'Rourke3
22-02-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm with PB on the second tackle. One of things that can happen rather than deliberate. Looks hellish in slo mo though..

However his first challenge was a definite stamp and he should get a retrospective red for that one.

Brooster
22-02-2015, 03:30 PM
It's always the refs fault when Chelsea dont win..strange that.

YehButNoBut
22-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Like this clip of West Ham fans mocking Chelsea fans.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=671028876340890

emerald green
22-02-2015, 06:51 PM
It's always the refs fault when Chelsea dont win..strange that.

:agree:

Brilliant from The Hammers fans. :top marks

worcesterhibby
22-02-2015, 07:10 PM
no time or sympathy for Chelsea. Horrible team built from criminal Russian Money and with a Racist captain. No wonder they have racist fans. There are plenty of Chelsea/Rangers fans too. Morons. I have to respect Mourinho's achievements, but I don't respect the man.

Love the Green
22-02-2015, 07:25 PM

Spot on prettyboy,
:top marks
keep the faith

TrinityHibs
22-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Now that did make me laugh

Michael
22-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I dislike Chlesea...but I don't mind Mourinho. I understand why the things he says piss some folk off, but he's just doing his job.

CmoantheHibs
23-02-2015, 03:51 AM
Just watched it and cannot believe the drama this has caused. As has been said before,the Burnley boy played a pass and Matic tries to make a challenge. Its the boys follow through, which he has to do to make the pass, that caught Matic.Just one of those unfortunate things that can happen sometimes and it does deflect attention from Matics reaction. Is he related to Joey Barton?I would like to think Stubbsy would haul one of our players over the coals for a reaction like that.

HibernianJK
23-02-2015, 09:50 AM
I absolutely love Mourinho and its funny to see how wound up everyone gets about what he says because its exactly what he's trying to do. He only cares about his team and doesn't give a **** about what anyone else thinks/says. A refreshing change on the rest of the robot mangers in the PL

Pedantic_Hibee
23-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Nobody is talking about the fact they drew at home to Burnley. Expert deflection from Jose.

--------
23-02-2015, 10:08 AM

Brilliant from The Hammers fans. :top marks

Aye - never any racist banter from any of THEM.

Until they go to White Hart lane .....

Every football support has some - even Hibs.

Smartie
23-02-2015, 10:20 AM
A lot of the football coverage is tired and predictable these days but I thought that yesterday, with Jose on Goals on Sunday and Noel Gallagher on MotD2 was absolutely superb.

Geo_1875
23-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I thought Matic was guilty of fouling the Burnley player with an uncontrolled challenge.

Strange that nobody is making a noise about Southampton being denied 2 stonewallers and the Liverpool keeper staying on the park after handling outside the box. OR Kane's blatant dive and the referee extending match time to let him score with a rebound.

Bad Martini
23-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I thought Matic was guilty of fouling the Burnley player with an uncontrolled challenge.

Strange that nobody is making a noise about Southampton being denied 2 stonewallers and the Liverpool keeper staying on the park after handling outside the box. OR Kane's blatant dive and the referee extending match time to let him score with a rebound.

Or the penalty Liverpool were denied? The ref was pish. He was so bad, it was frankly embarassing.

Strange that nobody mentioned the stonewaller (the third penalty that should have been given) that was not awarded to Liverpool either? And it was the strongest of the three?

Yep, we were lucky to get away with that handball as he did appear to handle it out the box.

The ref was *****. He let too many awful tackles go and that worked for both sides with a slight leaning towards Southampton from my perspective.

Anyways, good result for wee Jose? I've always had a soft spot for the hammers as it goes...all the sweeter to shut his puss....and the 24782348957893475983759734895734975 "lifelong" chelski fans...

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Smartie
23-02-2015, 11:56 AM
There were some terrible, terrible decisions in England over the weekend.

Even professional referees in a highly hyped, cash rich league can make numerous, big and costly mistakes.

WeeRussell
23-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Or the penalty Liverpool were denied? The ref was pish. He was so bad, it was frankly embarassing.

Strange that nobody mentioned the stonewaller (the third penalty that should have been given) that was not awarded to Liverpool either? And it was the strongest of the three?

Yep, we were lucky to get away with that handball as he did appear to handle it out the box.

The ref was *****. He let too many awful tackles go and that worked for both sides with a slight leaning towards Southampton from my perspective.

Anyways, good result for wee Jose? I've always had a soft spot for the hammers as it goes...all the sweeter to shut his puss....and the 24782348957893475983759734895734975 "lifelong" chelski fans...

You must be kidding? The only person that mentioned it was the co-commentator (Smith I think?) as he realised he made an erse of himself saying it was a pen. Boy goes through the ball, clear as day, and makes an excellent challenge... Actually - Henry said "it depends what angle".. no it doesn't, it wasn't even close to a penalty.. simple.

Southampton denied one stone-wall penalty and a decent claim for another one/possibly 2. I didn't think Mignolet was out the box when seen it live but replays suggest they maybe got away with that also.

Screamer from Coutinho though.

Mikey09
23-02-2015, 12:49 PM
He was livid yesterday and I can't blame him.

I've absolutely no love for Mourinho or Chelsea but they suffered at the hands of a total buffoon yesterday who won't be taken to task because referees are above reproach.

2 stonewall penalties turned down and 2 assaults by the same player that went unpunished - his kick out at Ivanovic and his horrific tackle on Matic, not even a booking. Don't blame Matic for reacting the way he did at all.

Mourinho is one of the more open managers in discussing his thoughts about the game but he's also on the same level of paranoid that Neil Lennon demonstrated during his reign at Parkhead.

Really? You think Lennon was paranoid? I'm not a Lennon fan but also don't go in for the hate Lennon stuff but after the Dougie McDonald fiasco he had every right to feel some had it in for him.

JimBHibees
23-02-2015, 01:00 PM

Nah that wasnt a penalty the guy got the ball. Even Carra agreed.

JimBHibees
23-02-2015, 01:02 PM
[/B]
Really? You think Lennon was paranoid? I'm not a Lennon fan but also don't go in for the hate Lennon stuff but after the Dougie McDonald fiasco he had every right to feel some had it in for him.

Was that the one where the referee was right and Celtc pursued it relentlessly?

JimBHibees
23-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Clear penalty to me, Song caught his ankle. Hysterical was Allardyce wanting the ref to blow for full time when Adrian saved it. I think there might have been a riot if that had happened.

GreenOnions
23-02-2015, 01:11 PM
But the Burnley player didn't make a tackle. Matic made a tackle, a late one at that, and got caught by the Burnley players foot following through from the pass he made.

I agree with this completely. I can understand Matic's reaction as he didn't necessarily realise it was an accident. However, it was just that - an unfortunate accident. Matic tackled the Burnley guy and the Burnley guy's follow-through impacted on Matic. No way was that intentional - I don't think he even saw Matic coming.

Although I understand his reaction it's a red card for Matic all day long and I think the ref was correct to take no action on the Burnley player.

I'm glad Matic is not injured but I'll be amazed if the red card is rescinded. As for Mourinho's other complaints well .....................

Mikey09
23-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Was that the one where the referee was right and Celtc pursued it relentlessly?

I think you'll find there is a lot more to it than that! From McDonald and his assistant making things up to appear more competent to Hugh Dallas, Jim Fleming and his cohorts insisting they should stick to there original lie. Yes they got the decision right but it highlighted the lengths the referees association will go to to look competent!!

emerald green
23-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Aye - never any racist banter from any of THEM.

Until they go to White Hart lane .....

Every football support has some - even Hibs.

That's true, but to be fair I never said West Ham fans were whiter than white. Believe me, I know, I've stood in amongst them at Upton Park a couple of times, albeit a long time ago. I just found it funny, that's all. It's good to laugh now and again.

I also agree every football club has some. Hibs are no different from anyone else as far as that's concerned.

ekhibee
23-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Mourinho is a character, whether you like him or hate him. He's not the manager of my team so I'm more or less indifferent to what he says. Ferguson used to wind people up all the time when he was Man U manager, IMO he was even more irritating. Bottom line is they were both really good managers, Mourinho winning the Champions League with Porto and Ferguson the cup-winners cup with the sheep****gers. IMO I would give Mourinho more credit than Ferguson, he would have to be a strong character to put up with some of the primadonnas at Chelsea, and it certainly seems to work for the most part. Ferguson liked to bully his players, but fair dues, shouting, swearing and throwing things at them seemed to get results. Just my opinion of course.

southsider
23-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Everything on goals on sunday screamed "it's the me show". Plonker.

--------
23-02-2015, 04:13 PM
That's true, but to be fair I never said West Ham fans were whiter than white. Believe me, I know, I've stood in amongst them at Upton Park a couple of times, albeit a long time ago. I just found it funny, that's all. It's good to laugh now and again.

I also agree every football club has some. Hibs are no different from anyone else as far as that's concerned.

Actually, between Chelsea and the Hammers, I would always tend to favour the Hammers. Just got a soft spot for them - I kinda feel that with them you get exactly what it says on the tin, if you get my drift. Chelsea and Spurs have a pretentious air about them, I always think. Touch of the 'luvvie factor'?

I wanted them to beat Spurs, and I was totally disgusted that Harry Wossname got away with what appeared to me to be a pretty clear dive. I don't like him and I wouldn't be all that distressed if he turns out to be over-rated. Ungracious, I know, but just one of those feelings I sometimes get.

Sylar
23-02-2015, 05:13 PM
[/B]

Yes, I do. His press interviews and constant bitching about the SPFL, referees etc was tiresome after a point.

His relentless pursuit of what happened that day at Tannadice (resulting in all referees going on strike you'll recall) was truly galling, given that the officials made the right call. As a result, Celtic's foul/yellow card ratio was the lowest in the entire UK for the remainder of that season (there was a stats analysis done by some sport geek at the end of that season). He personified the 'always cheated, never defeated' mantra that associates so easily with Celtic and portrayed that 'victimised' role like no other since Martin O'Neill.

I don't necessarily get the vehement hatred toward him either and he suffered a lot by being in charge of that lot (evidently). However, aye, he was paranoid when at the Parkhead helm.

emerald green
23-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Actually, between Chelsea and the Hammers, I would always tend to favour the Hammers. Just got a soft spot for them - I kinda feel that with them you get exactly what it says on the tin, if you get my drift. Chelsea and Spurs have a pretentious air about them, I always think. Touch of the 'luvvie factor'?

I wanted them to beat Spurs, and I was totally disgusted that Harry Wossname got away with what appeared to me to be a pretty clear dive. I don't like him and I wouldn't be all that distressed if he turns out to be over-rated. Ungracious, I know, but just one of those feelings I sometimes get.

:agree: Me too. I just don't like Chelsea.

Diving is spoiling the game, and Kane is just the latest to try his luck, as it were. Wayne Rooney last week. It's getting to the stage that defenders can't touch an opponent in or around the box.

Until the people running the game start to take this issue seriously nothing will change.

O'Rourke3
23-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Did I just imagine Song's legs tripping Kane then accidentally or otherwise? Allardyce is a greeting faced bawbag.

S4uzee
23-02-2015, 11:07 PM
A lot of the football coverage is tired and predictable these days but I thought that yesterday, with Jose on Goals on Sunday and Noel Gallagher on MotD2 was absolutely superb.

I agree. Thought Noel Gallagher was really good. Rather listen to him than Savage, Owen or Phil Neville any day

Mikey09
23-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Yes, I do. His press interviews and constant bitching about the SPFL, referees etc was tiresome after a point.

His relentless pursuit of what happened that day at Tannadice (resulting in all referees going on strike you'll recall) was truly galling, given that the officials made the right call. As a result, Celtic's foul/yellow card ratio was the lowest in the entire UK for the remainder of that season (there was a stats analysis done by some sport geek at the end of that season). He personified the 'always cheated, never defeated' mantra that associates so easily with Celtic and portrayed that 'victimised' role like no other since Martin O'Neill.

I don't necessarily get the vehement hatred toward him either and he suffered a lot by being in charge of that lot (evidently). However, aye, he was paranoid when at the Parkhead helm.

Sorry. I for one loved the fact he would stand up for his players and club when he thought they had been hard done by a ridiculous decision. I wish our club had the balls to have done this in the past. No wonder officials think they're untouchable when clubs don't question them. Back to the Tannadice incident, I already said the officials got it right but lied there way through it to appear competent.... The head of referees as well as Dallas urged them to go with the lie twice to save face!! What would you expect Hibs to do in that situation? As I said, Lennon might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he didn't let the incompetent idiots in charge of our game walk all over him....

Bad Martini
24-02-2015, 12:08 PM
You must be kidding? The only person that mentioned it was the co-commentator (Smith I think?) as he realised he made an erse of himself saying it was a pen. Boy goes through the ball, clear as day, and makes an excellent challenge... Actually - Henry said "it depends what angle".. no it doesn't, it wasn't even close to a penalty.. simple.

Southampton denied one stone-wall penalty and a decent claim for another one/possibly 2. I didn't think Mignolet was out the box when seen it live but replays suggest they maybe got away with that also.

Screamer from Coutinho though.

Boy commentating was a walloper. He was wrong, I am right :greengrin
Mignolet was defo lucky. We take it all the same in a chelski/man utd biased league.
Canny deny that - the wee guy done well. That said, thats the second time I've considered him a greeeeedy bassa....to eat my words 3 seconds later as he sailed it into the net. More greed Philipe :greengrin

Nah that wasnt a penalty the guy got the ball. Even Carra agreed.

Carra isnt very clever and forgot what way to be biased.
Anyways, am even mair biased and its a 2000000000000000000000000000000000% unquestionable penalty. Fow shua :thumbsup:

I agree. Thought Noel Gallagher was really good. Rather listen to him than Savage, Owen or Phil Neville any day

Gallagher is a genius. Simple.

emerald green
24-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Did I just imagine Song's legs tripping Kane then accidentally or otherwise? Allardyce is a greeting faced bawbag.

He's in good company with wee Jose then. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
24-02-2015, 05:32 PM
He's in good company with wee Jose then. :greengrin

The biggest welt to grace English Football.

Onion
24-02-2015, 05:37 PM
JM had novelty value first time around and was quite interesting but now just a bore trying too hard to stand out. :yawn: