PDA

View Full Version : NHC Parma

patch1875
22-02-2015, 07:47 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31557813

not looking good for them with talk they are to be dissolved.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2015, 07:54 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31557813

not looking good for them with talk they are to be dissolved.

It's actually Parma, not Palma. Not looking too good for them though.

Players not paid all season?

patch1875
22-02-2015, 07:58 AM

I blame the iPad auto correcting or it's still to early:greengrin

chinaman
22-02-2015, 08:36 AM

They"ve got less than 40,000 euros in bank to take fulfill the rest of their fixtures this season . all there remaining games will go down as 3-0 losses. All this from a club who had buffon,thuram, cannavarro,zola playing for them not too long ago and finished 6th last year in serie A.

tartanhibee
22-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Parmageddon I suppose

*this is not my own.

hibsbollah
22-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Strange one. Weren't they once owned by parmalat? Huge company.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Strange one. Weren't they once owned by parmalat? Huge company.

Did Parmalat not collapse spectacularly in the early 00s amid accusations of fraud, deception and God knows what else?

Sure the assets were bought for a song by a German(?) company and they now trade as an arm of said company.

7 Up
22-02-2015, 09:05 AM
They"ve got less than 40,000 euros in bank to take fulfill the rest of their fixtures this season . all there remaining games will go down as 3-0 losses. All this from a club who had buffon,thuram, cannavarro,zola playing for them not too long ago and finished 6th last year in serie A.

Asprilla, Chiesa and Crespo too. They had some wonderful players in the mid to late 90s.

chinaman
22-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Asprilla, Chiesa and Crespo too. They had some wonderful players in the mid to late 90s.

Euro cup winners,cup winners 92-93 I think

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 11:40 AM
They've been at the ham for years.

SmithyHibee
22-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I remember them having Crespo and watching them on Channel 4, he was some player for them!

Bronson
22-02-2015, 11:50 AM
They were liquidated last night, all their remaining league fixtures this season will be recorded as a 3-0 loss.

frazeHFC
22-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Absolutely tragic, can only feel for the fans.

Bronson
22-02-2015, 12:06 PM

Baggio as well, some team they had in the 90s.

Nameless
22-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Dino Baggio was my idol growing up. Between the ages of 10 - 16 I was obsessed with Parma - I even started learning Italian!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 03:58 PM
The poor Italians have suffered for years from corruption and a pretty big hooligan problem. Apart from Juventus I don't think the grounds have been touched since the 1990 world cup. The crowds have been dropping big time too as far as I'm aware. I have a feeling Parma aren't going to be the end of the story.

Its a real pity ... time for the Italians to conduct a root & branch overhaul of their whole game if you ask me :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 04:21 PM
This isn't the first time that they'll have been liquidated. They were declared insolvent back in 2004 as well and were then reformed.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 04:26 PM
The poor Italians have suffered for years from corruption and a pretty big hooligan problem. Apart from Juventus I don't think the grounds have been touched since the 1990 world cup. The crowds have been dropping big time too as far as I'm aware. I have a feeling Parma aren't going to be the end of the story.

Its a real pity ... time for the Italians to conduct a root & branch overhaul of their whole game if you ask me :bitchy:

And if they are looking for a model of how to root out years of corruption, they could look to Scotland.

As an example of how not to do it.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 04:33 PM
And if they are looking for a model of how to root out years of corruption, they could look to Scotland.

As an example of how not to do it.

Dae ye huv tae .... lets move on eh :aok:

I don't think for all our problems we have had clubs bribing refs or players to throw matches though. Having said that, if the 2012 cup final had been played in Italy questions would have been asked :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Dae ye huv tae .... lets move on eh :aok:

I don't think for all our problems we have had clubs bribing refs or players to throw matches though. Having said that, if the 2012 cup final had been played in Italy questions would have been asked :greengrin

Bribery is such a crude way to influence games. A more modern approach is to tan the referee's windows, or relegate to Lowland League matches, should his performance fail to match up to what is expected.

Keith_M
22-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Not a dig at anybody but I just wondered why anybody would have sympathy for them.

Surely they've just done the same as Hearts and Rangers, been living beyond their means?

:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Not a dig at anybody but I just wondered why anybody would have sympathy for them.

Surely they've just done the same as Hearts and Rangers, been living beyond their means?

:agree: Thats what i was thinking?

Saturday Boy
22-02-2015, 04:56 PM

This was discussed on BT Sport last night while waiting for the rain to stop in Genoa. Since the new owner took over, they have taken in a bizarre amount of money in transfer fees, over £100 million. Exact figure will be available somewhere, but I had a few beers after the Dumbarton game, and didn't expect to need the data the next day. :wink:

I'm sure there is no suggestion that the money coming in wasn't been used to pay bills.

ekhibee
22-02-2015, 06:07 PM

True, but the irony is that Juventus, probably the most corrupt team ever in Italy and probably in Europe are just as powerful as they always were.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 06:15 PM
True, but the irony is that Juventus, probably the most corrupt team ever in Italy and probably in Europe are just as powerful as they always were.

You are guilty of doing the same as folk do here when criticizing one of the old firm. If someone does something wrong, lets deal with that rather than make comparisons with others. :greengrin

emerald green
22-02-2015, 06:17 PM

The bit in bold sounds familiar. Now where was that again?

renato
22-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I used to love watching Parma in the '90's, what a team they had through that decade:

Buffon
Luca Bucci
Frey
Sensini
Thuram
Cannavaro
Benarrivo
Fernando Couto
Dino Baggio
Veron
Morfeo
Chiesa