PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together lets get more through the door...

beensaidbefore
22-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Given the recent upturn on the pitch, there seems to be a better feel about the place. On the back of this renewed positivity I rekon we should be thinking about ways of getting more bums on seats next season.

I feel we really need to target the younger fans and I'm not convinced the current 'hibs kid' offerings are that enticing for the modern child, and think as a club we could do a bit more without too much more effort.

I think we should be giving every school throughout the lothians a season ticket for 1child plus one adult which can be given as a reward/punishment to whomever they deem most deserving. Apart from potentially meaning another 2k at every home game, each week a different child/family could be signed up as hibs kids etc and exposed to the hibs experience.

I would be keen to tap into everyone's positivity and see what we can come up with. I'm sures there's plenty of good ideas.

Id also like to know if we do anything to tap into the immigrant population? There could be potential if we marketed ourselves in the right way.

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Tell LD to look at the pricing......it's that simple :aok:

Hibs charge way way too much :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 01:24 AM

Is it?

Let's see how many turn up against Berwick

beensaidbefore
22-02-2015, 01:36 AM

I agree that is part of the problem for some folks, myself included, but we have a 20k stadium that we will never get close to filling by simply reducing prices by a couple of quid. I think we need a fresh and innovative approach that factors affordability/value for money

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 01:54 AM
Is it?

Let's see how many turn up against Berwick

I'll bet you more than today.....and it's on telly :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 01:55 AM
We need to look at food prices certainly ... I don't understand why they have to be so expensive, there surely must be a way round that without the club losing money.

To be honest I think Hibs do make an effort with ticket prices as far as cup ties go. The only real gripe I have with the league is charging £28 for cat A games .... It doesn't matter who we are playing, for this league its too much.

I think Hibs have tried to pull in fans from Edinburgh's diverse population, it just doesn't seem to be working at the moment. In fact we seem to be having a bit of a problem with our core support if another thread on this forum is anything to go by.

I do think the matchday atmosphere is something the club underestimate at their peril. Today's game was a prime example, even though Hibs played some nice stuff the place was like a morgue because the opposition were poor and didn't make a game of it. How can you enthuse the younger element in our support in that kind of atmosphere. Screw the corporate boxes .... hand the FF lower to the singers and flag wavers and let them bring in anything that makes a bloody noise as long as it doesn't burn or explode. Folk go back to watch clubs as much for the atmosphere as the football. We have some great supporters at away games .... lets give them a platform to do their thing at ER.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 02:15 AM
I'll bet you more than today.....and it's on telly :aok:

Will that be because of the price, or because of the fact it's the quarter final of the scottish cup?

CMac1988
22-02-2015, 02:42 AM
It's been said countless times before but a variable season ticket scheme in which the prices drop in conjunction with the the amount that are bought ie The more we buy the cheaper they become, should be looked into.

Even if we only bring in a ticket revenue similar to this season the increase in revenue from other amenities (club shop, catering Inc. Alcohol possibly) should make it worthwhile. That and the obvious attendance increase which should theoretically improve the atmosphere and with it boost support on matchdays.

gegs70
22-02-2015, 02:51 AM
I don't think it's about making 1 game cheaper it's about making the whole season cheaper. The more people you bring in through the turnstiles the more opportunity you have to sell food, clothing, tickets.

Pete
22-02-2015, 03:01 AM

These prices would even be high for a team performing well in the top flight, never mind one performing well in the second.

To be honest it's an absolute nonsense to be told that we have to pay top flight prices. We aren't a top flight team and have taken an absolute battering as a fan base for the past four years. A walk up with his kid yesterday would have had to have payed £34 to watch us play Dumbarton...not very tempting.

I'm not sure it's as simple as adjusting prices. Trying hard not to be negative but it's as if they know that the hard core 9000 will turn up regardless and they are being milked until we get back into the top flight. It's not our fault we are in this position and it's even more galling when they guy who was basically responsible for this is still in a position of power.

The only way to improve crowds is to get back into the top flight and for Petrie to leave. We could be playing like The 1982 brazil side but nobody extra will come back if they don't care or don't trust those in charge.

Edit: didn't notice the six page thread on this very topic. Might have been better over there.

Ringothedog
22-02-2015, 07:33 AM
How about :

Famous five stand and south stand lower only : adult price £12 kids £3 but only if bought together.

East, famous five upper and west stands: £15 if bought before match day. £18 on day of match

lucky
22-02-2015, 07:59 AM
£22 for a game against Dumbarton is a joke. Hibs are paying the price for LDs wrong call on pricing at the start of the season. If yesterday was a SC game it would have been £15/10.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Thing is, would our weekly attendances be up by much if it was £15 instead of £22? I genuinely don't think it would. In which case the club would be making a loss by reducing. And that may well be the difference in us being able to have such a decent squad now.

weonlywon6-2
22-02-2015, 08:54 AM

This my my reason for not being able to go to many games. Yesterday to take my nine year old would have been 34 pounds, Queen of the south were 21 pounds, that's a huge difference

Billy Whizz
22-02-2015, 08:57 AM
It's actually £12 to take a kid to a Hibs game. I've got my 2 nieces and newphews coming upto a game in a few weeks, 10 and 4, costing me £24 in tickets for them. If the adult walk up is too high, a kids price is ridiculous

weonlywon6-2
22-02-2015, 08:59 AM
How about :

Famous five stand and south stand lower only : adult price £12 kids £3 but only if bought together.

East, famous five upper and west stands: £15 if bought before match day. £18 on day of match

I would go with this idea, ff needs to be used better

weonlywon6-2
22-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Thing is, would our weekly attendances be up by much if it was £15 instead of £22? I genuinely don't think it would. In which case the club would be making a loss by reducing. And that may well be the difference in us being able to have such a decent squad now.

Yes they would imo. 20 pounds for parent and child would be a lot better than 34 pounds.

At least they could have a section of the ground to try it?

marinello59
22-02-2015, 09:37 AM

It's really that simple?
How do you suggest we attract decent players on much less income then? If our ambition is to remain a lower league team then fair enough, reduce the prices and we can stay down indefinitely.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Yes they would imo. 20 pounds for parent and child would be a lot better than 34 pounds.

At least they could have a section of the ground to try it?

That's a loss of £14 on every regular attending parent and child though.

So say Joe and Joe jr attend every week at £34 and Jim and Jenny jr do likewise. They usually pay £68 between them and are now paying £40. That's £28 less than usual. Hibs now need at least 1 parent and child and 1 single adult extra at the reduced prices to cover the loss they have made on that deal.

We have somewhere around 800 walk ups every week, based on an 8500 crowd less 7K STs, hospitality, freebies and away support. We would need to see an extra 2K through the gate at the reduced prices to cover the loss from reducings prices for those currently willing to pay the prices asked. Factor in then the fact you would have to lower STs considerably to reflect the reduced walk up prices and again you would have to sell considerably more STs to cover the shortfall or rely on the walk up crowd being even bigger every week.

I'm not disputing something has to be done to get more people through the gate. Our crowds are poor but slashing the prices is easy to say but harder to implement and there's little proof it would work. Football fans seem great at spending their clubs money and looking for a freebie; free buses to away games, lower ticket prices, I remember one guy phoning Sportsound and saying it was 'a disgrace' St Mirren didn't give away free tea or Bovril because it was 'really cold'.

It's also worth remembering that a kids ST in the FF is excellent value. I'm sure it's around £15 for a half ST and just over £50 for a full. If that £50 is correct that's just over £2.75 per game. Even factoring in a full paying adult at £405 that would still mean a parent and child attending for circa £25 a game yet the take up was piss poor if the FF lower attendance is anything to go by. Strange that.

Mr White
22-02-2015, 09:46 AM
That's a loss of £14 on every regular attending parent and child though.

So say Joe and Joe jr attend every week at £34 and Jim and Jenny jr do likewise. They usually pay £68 between them and are now paying £40. That's £28 less than usual. Hibs now need at least 1 parent and child and 1 single adult extra at the reduced prices to cover the loss they have made on that deal.

We have somewhere around 800 walk ups every week, based on an 8500 crowd less 7K STs, hospitality, freebies and away support. We would need to see an extra 2K through the gate at the reduced prices to cover the loss from reducings prices for those currently willing to pay the prices asked. Factor in then the fact you would have to lower STs considerably to reflect the reduced walk up prices and again you would have to sell considerably more STs to cover the shortfall or rely on the walk up crowd being even bigger every week.

I'm not disputing something has to be done to get more people through the gate. Our crowds are poor but slashing the prices is easy to say but harder to implement and there's little proof it would work. Football fans seem great at spending their clubs money and looking for a freebie; free buses to away games, lower ticket prices, I remember one guy phoning Sportsound and saying it was 'a disgrace' St Mirren didn't give away free tea or Bovril because it was 'really cold'.

It's also worth remembering that a kids ST in the FF is excellent value. I'm sure it's around £15 for a half ST and just over £50 for a full. If that £50 is correct that's just over £2.75 per game. Even factoring in a full paying adult at £405 that would still mean a parent and child attending for circa £25 a game yet the take up was piss poor if the FF lower attendance is anything to go by. Strange that.
It's even cheaper than that pb, only 25 quid for a full season ticket for an under 12 in the ff lower. Anyone who'd bring a wee one along more than twice a season would make an instant saving getting one. Adult was 355 for me so 380 between us.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 09:49 AM
It's even cheaper than that pb, only 25 quid for a full season ticket for an under 12 in the ff lower. Anyone who'd bring a wee one along more than twice a season would make an instant saving getting one. Adult was 355 for me so 380 between us.

So a child can attend a game in the FF lower for £1.39?

I sttuggle to see how people aren't biting Hibs hand off for that considering they would supposedly be desperate to come back if it was between a fiver and £8. Add on your adult price and that's £21.22 for a parent and child every week. Not much more than the magic £20 getting banded about. Factor in the payment plan and an adult and child would be paying £38 a month over 10 months. That really is good value but people can't or won't see it.

Oscar T Grouch
22-02-2015, 09:51 AM
"If you build it, they will come". A quote from a Kevin Costner movie but true. AS and LD are still building, price will always be an issue for some, not for others. If we have a team playing good football and wining the majority of games the crowds will return. We're starting to show we can do that, all we need is promotion and to do the same next year, this will happen because we're doing things correctly. The people who left and haven't returned yet, will return once in the SPL. I think reducing prices is a backward step, as it reduces the money the head coach has to play with. Stick it out til promotion and SPL football next year, we will see what this team is capable of in a better league and we will see the crowds grow again. Have faith in what we have, cause it's the first time is a while we had something worth keeping.

Mr White
22-02-2015, 09:54 AM
So a child can attend a game in the FF lower for £1.39?

I sttuggle to see how people aren't biting Hibs hand off for that considering they would supposedly be desperate to come back if it was between a fiver and £8.

:agree: just over 20 quid a game for me and my boy. That's not too bad at all but to me we should follow st johnstone's lead and let under 12's in for free. Difference in revenue could be negligible as it should allow more parents to attend that can't currently afford the 34 quid walk up price to bring a child along.

gegs70
22-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Could hibs contact major employers and offer employee incentives on buying tickets or season tickets through work schemes?

Green Man
22-02-2015, 10:09 AM
:agree: just over 20 quid a game for me and my boy. That's not too bad at all but to me we should follow st johnstone's lead and let under 12's in for free. Difference in revenue could be negligible as it should allow more parents to attend that can't currently afford the 34 quid walk up price to bring a child along.

I was impressed when I took my boy to St Johnstone last season. It was £15 for the two of us and I could have taken another child for no extra cost. It was also a family stand with no segregation which seemed to make for a friendly atmosphere. However Saints crowds are never particularly big, even when they've been doing well, so cheap prices aren't a magic solution.

Mr White
22-02-2015, 10:17 AM
I was impressed when I took my boy to St Johnstone last season. It was £15 for the two of us and I could have taken another child for no extra cost. It was also a family stand with no segregation which seemed to make for a friendly atmosphere. However Saints crowds are never particularly big, even when they've been doing well, so cheap prices aren't a magic solution.

That's right cheap prices aren't a magic solution. Saints have a much smaller fanbase than us though and I suspect their crowds would be even lower if they adopted hibs pricing structure. I think hibs will offer better ticketing arrangements next season, though that depends on which division we're in I suppose.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 10:21 AM

It sort of blows any argument right out the water that we need to keep prices high to match teams like St Johnstone. I often wonder how much more we need to spend than clubs like them to ensure we finish above them?

Green Man
22-02-2015, 10:26 AM
It sort of blows any argument right out the water that we need to keep prices high to match teams like St Johnstone. I often wonder how much more we need to spend than clubs like them to ensure we finish above them?

I don't know how our budget this season compares to that of the likes of St. Johnstone, but I believe our current players and manager would be consistently beating those sides.

southsider
22-02-2015, 10:29 AM
The football has been really enjoyable but opposition is, at times, week. However i was disappointed at the crowd after such a fine win at ibrox. I think we do need to look at the price structure for next season. In the meantime i think we need to lower walk up prices. 1,000 @ £34 or 2,000 + @ £20. No brainer inho.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't know how our budget this season compares to that of the likes of St. Johnstone, but I believe our current players and manager would be consistently beating those sides.

Hopefully we will find that out next season.

Earl of Currie
22-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I always think there has to be a more holistic approach to improving the experience for fans, its not just about following the German model or using the NFL as a guide for entertainment , its about getting the fans in earlier to the ground and making sure they are entertained for the few hours before a match. The club has to balance the books ultimately but it has to increase income streams and reduce outgoings ,

Possible ways can include
having a double header ticket with the under 20 match or ladies match first on,
having big screens in the concourse areas showing the lunchtime match on Sky
club owned & better quality concessions within the ground area selling reasonably food and drink (BBQ's , roast chicken , low alcohol drinks, etc)
live bands playing
having an interaction with the public transport bodies where a match ticket allows free transport into and around the city (encourages away supporters also) and lets fans who want a drink to come and leave the car

It also has to look at the expenditure and how we market the club / league
Still think summer football is a no brainer (less competition on tv would encourage other countries to pick it up even to fill a gap, more walk ups , more wak up support on mid week games)
Bigger leagues (2 16 team leagues then regional after that ) but have more games on tv from both leagues even if it meant having games on 7 days a week ( it would also improve corporate and sponsorship revenues)
Promote wages to turnover to be less than 50% of turnover across clubs.
Encourage all clubs to have half the match day squads being home grown and under 23.

There are other ways I am sure , but the above could be a start

Ronniekirk
22-02-2015, 10:45 AM
"If you build it, they will come". A quote from a Kevin Costner movie but true. AS and LD are still building, price will always be an issue for some, not for others. If we have a team playing good football and wining the majority of games the crowds will return. We're starting to show we can do that, all we need is promotion and to do the same next year, this will happen because we're doing things correctly. The people who left and haven't returned yet, will return once in the SPL. I think reducing prices is a backward step, as it reduces the money the head coach has to play with. Stick it out til promotion and SPL football next year, we will see what this team is capable of in a better league and we will see the crowds grow again. Have faith in what we have, cause it's the first time is a while we had something worth keeping.
The Film was Field of Dreams !one of my favourites. ,but the ghost Baseball Players played in front of a handful of family and friends so not a great analogy re getting the crowds back :confused:

Ringothedog
22-02-2015, 11:13 AM
If we are going to try and increase crowds then a reduction in prices is worth trying. One other way could be the reduction in prices available up to 2 days before the match and then revert back to the current prices.Hibs might make a loss on this but there is also a good chance that it will increase revenue. 11000 at a match is better than the 8500 we are currently getting. There would be a better atmosphere, which would be better for the players and also for the spectators attending.

marinello59
22-02-2015, 11:31 AM
If we are going to try and increase crowds then a reduction in prices is worth trying. One other way could be the reduction in prices available up to 2 days before the match and then revert back to the current prices.Hibs might make a loss on this but there is also a good chance that it will increase revenue. 11000 at a match is better than the 8500 we are currently getting. There would be a better atmosphere, which would be better for the players and also for the spectators attending.

How do Hearts prices and crowds compare to ours?

Mikey
22-02-2015, 11:34 AM

Remember that we're moving towards fan ownership and no longer have an overdraft facility. Given that shareholders are unlikely to want to dig deep to cover any losses it'll be up to the club to remain within budget.

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2015, 11:50 AM
How do Hearts prices and crowds compare to ours?

My brother is an ST holder at the piggery and it costs him £400 which he doesn't worry about as he's supporting his team and that's what it costs. I'm not sure about their kids ST prices but would doubt they are of as good a value as ours. We cannot replicate their buy or die situation and the feelgood factor when they got hauled out of the mire at the last minute. They are in what seems like a great position at present, but that will change drastically over the next few years. We got premiership prices this season and were promised quality over quantity, a statement on which the club has delivered. We need to pay for these players to ensure we keep going in the right direction.
I'm a walk up and go to every home game and some away ones as well, I think it's on the expensive side but don't give a flying f&*% because I'm supporting my team.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 12:13 PM
My brother is an ST holder at the piggery and it costs him £400 which he doesn't worry about as he's supporting his team and that's what it costs. I'm not sure about their kids ST prices but would doubt they are of as good a value as ours. We cannot replicate their buy or die situation and the feelgood factor when they got hauled out of the mire at the last minute. They are in what seems like a great position at present, but that will change drastically over the next few years. We got premiership prices this season and were promised quality over quantity, a statement on which the club has delivered. We need to pay for these players to ensure we keep going in the right direction.
I'm a walk up and go to every home game and some away ones as well, I think it's on the expensive side but don't give a flying f&*% because I'm supporting my team.

Their crowds have grown over the last few years because of their overspending, thy have watched a conveyor belt of big money signings and European football plus a couple of cup wins that brings in more people.

They then had the the worry of their club actually dying that naturally pulls everyone together. They have had nearly 30 years of overspending thats grown their crowds, add the last year or so onto that and its no wonder we are behind their crowds.

emerald green
22-02-2015, 12:15 PM
It's really that simple?
How do you suggest we attract decent players on much less income then? If our ambition is to remain a lower league team then fair enough, reduce the prices and we can stay down indefinitely.

:agree: That's the quandary for a club like Hibs. It's going to be difficult enough to retain players like Scott Allan, Dylan McGeough and Dominic Malonga (especially if Hibs are not promoted at the end of this season) if the club cannot offer them decent wages.

The money these players could earn in England now is easily greater than most Scottish clubs can afford, and that I'm afraid includes Hibs.

J-C
22-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I said at the time LD made a huge mistake by chraging last season prices for Championship football, if they'd cut the price of a season ticket to a reasonable price they would've got another 2-3 thousand fans signed up.

Andy74
22-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I said at the time LD made a huge mistake by chraging last season prices for Championship football, if they'd cut the price of a season ticket to a reasonable price they would've got another 2-3 thousand fans signed up.

We wouldn't have though. And we would just have had a lower budget.

J-C
22-02-2015, 12:42 PM

We have 7,000 season ticket holders at the moment, I like many others decided not to take up the offer due to the cost, there was a lot of discontent on here over the pricing and the majority think LD and Hibs shot themselves in the foot over it, instead of adding 2,000 extra supporters at £320 each, they got these punters paying at the gate but not every gameas our average gate is just over 10,000 one thousand down on last year, so even when we are winning we are still lower than last season when we were atrocious???

PatHead
22-02-2015, 12:50 PM

What is a reasonable price though?

Notice you answered about £320 later but do you really think we would sell 2000 more?

Hibby Bairn
22-02-2015, 12:53 PM
If you don't have a season ticket then you will make a decision on the day of the game in most cases.

So say it is 1pm and this non ST holder is thinking about it. It is 3 degrees outside. Cash is tight. Is there a game on the telly.

Contrast that to spending £22 going to ER to watch Dumbarton. Maybe £34 if he/she has a son/daughter. Plus maybe bus fares or petrol.

We don't make it easy for people to say "yes I am going to the game today".

PatHead
22-02-2015, 12:58 PM
If you don't have a season ticket then you will make a decision on the day of the game in most cases.

So say it is 1pm and this non ST holder is thinking about it. It is 3 degrees outside. Cash is tight. Is there a game on the telly.

Contrast that to spending £22 going to ER to watch Dumbarton. Maybe £34 if he/she has a son/daughter. Plus maybe bus fares or petrol.

We don't make it easy for people to say "yes I am going to the game today".

I have always believed that it should be cheaper to buy before the matchday if you print yourself.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:02 PM
What is a reasonable price though?

At the moment it's £405, I think a price of £330-340 would have been a reasonable price.

£405 for 18 home games = £22.50 per game, at the moment it's £22 for a walk up price, cheaper to pay at the gate.

Drop prices to £340 = £18.90 per game and charge £19 for walk up prices.

Personally I think our crowds would've been higher if this had happened.

Edit. £320 = £17.80 per game or £18 walk up.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:08 PM
At the moment it's £405, I think a price of £330-340 would have been a reasonable price.

£405 for 18 home games = £22.50 per game, at the moment it's £22 for a walk up price, cheaper to pay at the gate.

Drop prices to £340 = £18.90 per game and charge £19 for walk up prices.

Personally I think our crowds would've been higher if this had happened.

Edit. £320 = £17.80 per game or £18 walk up.

I can see it now...... "Scott, here's your new contract, just sign here. By the way you pay is 17% lower than the last contract. Scott, Scott..........."

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:11 PM
I can see it now...... "Scott, here's your new contract, just sign here. By the way you pay is 17% lower than the last contract. Scott, Scott..........."

How do you see that???

It's about getting more punters through the gates and as you can see by last year attendances we are 1,000 down on last year and we have a winning team playing this year and playing some really nice football, so how do we attract the 2-4 thousand that have vanished from our gates, giving them value for money.

Surely adding extra punters at a lower rate is better than no extra punters at all.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:14 PM
How do you see that???

It's about getting more punters through the gates and as you can see by last year attendances we are 1,000 down on last year and we have a winning team playing this year and playing some really nice football, so how do we attract the 2-4 thousand that have vanished from our gates, giving them value for money.

Surely adding extra punters at a lower rate is better than no extra punters at all.

Assuming they come back.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:17 PM
How do you see that???

You're not allowed to suggest reasonable pricing.

Don't ask how other teams who are above us manage to attract players with lower crowds and ticket prices.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 01:17 PM
I always think there has to be a more holistic approach to improving the experience for fans, its not just about following the German model or using the NFL as a guide for entertainment , its about getting the fans in earlier to the ground and making sure they are entertained for the few hours before a match. The club has to balance the books ultimately but it has to increase income streams and reduce outgoings ,

Possible ways can include
having a double header ticket with the under 20 match or ladies match first on,
having big screens in the concourse areas showing the lunchtime match on Sky
club owned & better quality concessions within the ground area selling reasonably food and drink (BBQ's , roast chicken , low alcohol drinks, etc)
live bands playing
having an interaction with the public transport bodies where a match ticket allows free transport into and around the city (encourages away supporters also) and lets fans who want a drink to come and leave the car

It also has to look at the expenditure and how we market the club / league
Still think summer football is a no brainer (less competition on tv would encourage other countries to pick it up even to fill a gap, more walk ups , more wak up support on mid week games)
Bigger leagues (2 16 team leagues then regional after that ) but have more games on tv from both leagues even if it meant having games on 7 days a week ( it would also improve corporate and sponsorship revenues)
Promote wages to turnover to be less than 50% of turnover across clubs.
Encourage all clubs to have half the match day squads being home grown and under 23.

There are other ways I am sure , but the above could be a start

A few decent ideas in there. The summer football one is probably the one which has to be at least tried. Nobody is going to want to sit through a double header in the freezing cold, but perhaps they would in the months from May to September. I would be happy to sit and cheer on the ladies team before the league game .... in decent weather. That would of course mean all Scottish football being played in the summer.

One thing we could borrow from the NFL is the practice of 'tailgating' ... for a tenner a group we could allow folk to bring in those disposable barbecues and set up in 'fan zones' behind the West and East stands. Hibs could sell beer from stalls. It might not catch on, but we could at least trial it.

There is also the tourist market. Literally hundreds of thousands of people visit Edinburgh in the summer months and yet we do nothing to attract them to games. Tourists buy souvenirs so it could be a boost for the shop too. Even if we could reach a height of 100 per game that's a few grand in the coffers right there.

And here's the controversial one. We have this huge gap site between the East & FF ..... We could look at an arrangement between us and some hotel group to build on the site .. if the hotel was on stilts there would be ample parking underneath ( see TESCO in Galashiels ) and during the winter Hibs could have a deal where folk with season tickets, or who buy walk up tickets in advance, can have first dibs on cheap rooms. Even living as close as Gala I know I would be tempted a few times a season. Surely a hotel with views over the Forth and rooms with a view of the inside of the stadium would appeal to a lot of folk .... not to mention the stadium is 10 minutes from the city centre and Holyrood by public transport.

Or ... We could gift the site to some growing supermarket chain like Lidl or Aldi on the condition that they build another 2 floors above the new store which would be owned by Hibs and could be used as a club for the thousands of folk who will be ST holders, shareholders or members of HSL. This place would be open 7 days a week and would benefit the store underneath surely. Perhaps the HSA could occupy the same building ( gratis ) and therefor bring everybody into the body o' the Kirk as it were.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Assuming they come back.

We had a 34 page thread about ticket prices at the start of the season and if IRC the majority thought LD and the board hadmade a mstake by keeping prices at Premier level, the board expected more than 7,000 season tickets sold and the average attendance is less than last season, it's not really rocket science, give punters value for money and a winning team and they'll come back.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:20 PM
You're not allowed to suggest reasonable pricing.

Don't ask how other teams who are above us manage to attract players with lower crowds and ticket prices.

There have plenty of threads about it. When did this ban come in place?

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:21 PM

EH????

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:22 PM
EH????

Exactly.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Maybe my sentence should've been longer. You can't suggest reasonable pricing without being shouted down.

Every time it's mentioned there are 2 or 3 posters that rubbish any suggestion with facts like the crowds wouldn't go up if it was cheaper and we couldn't sign players if tickets were cheaper.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Maybe my sentence should've been longer. You can't suggest reasonable pricing without being shouted down.

Every time it's mentioned there are 2 or 3 posters that rubbish any suggestion with facts like the crowds wouldn't go up if it was cheaper and we couldn't sign players if tickets were cheaper.

Jings. That's serious stuff.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Jings. That's serious stuff.

I've no idea what you're going on about but it feels like you're trolling.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:30 PM
I've no idea what you're going on about but it feels like you're trolling.

I'd better ban myself then.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I'd better ban myself then.

That's why it didn't bother reporting it :wink:

The_Exile
22-02-2015, 01:36 PM

Agreed, and that's the deal I got for me and my two, 355 for me and 25 each for the kids, so 405 in total. That's £22.50 in total for me and the kids, now for anyone saying that isn't a brilliant deal is kidding themselves on, even for Championship football, remember we have MORE category A games this year than we would've had in the Premiership.

Walk ups have always been, and probably always will be, more expensive per game as you're not committing to the season so can't take advantage of the reductions a Season Ticket will bring. For what it's worth, I'd like to see a raft of deals brought in for the league run in, every point is crucial now and we need as many punters through the gate as possible. I'd bring in a 2 games for £35, Hearts and Rangers game double ticket £40, all kids accompanied with a paying adult are free, rest of the home league games package for £90 (£18 each game).

Edit: League reconstruction is long long long overdue, that and a trial of summer fitba, we need to try and shake things up for the better, I dunno about anyone else but even playing Hearts 4 times a year is boring me ****less.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 01:41 PM

Is that not how debate works?

Could those advocating cheaper pricing being the simple answer not come back with a counter argument for why it would work.

There's a lot of proof for it not working either short term see ICT this season, Hibs v cowdenbeath, the green day or long term eg Motherwell and their administration.

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2015, 01:41 PM
If the simple answer was only a matter of cost, then the attendance when we gave tickets away for free earlier on in the season should have had a bumper crowd but it didn't. There are many mitigating factors to be taken into account and reducing prices has been shown to have little effect, if any in the past. People asking how teams like St Johnstone manage it on a lower budget only need to ask one question - which of their galaxy of stars would you love to see playing for us now?

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:47 PM

Could those advocating cheaper pricing being the simple answer not come back with a counter argument for why it would work.

I'll give you that if you watch the political leaders you'll think debate's about shouting louder than the other guy but normal old school debate is about putting your point across and it being considered before being countered. Whoever gets the point across better "wins".

This debate in particular on here has turned into it won't and can't work so stop talking rubbish.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:47 PM

We're playing in a lower division against lesser opposition ( in the main ) compared to last season, we had a 34 page discussion earler this season about it and in the main most were for lower prices. We're struggling to get the numbers through the gates even when we are playing some of the best football seen at ER since the Mowbray days and our gates are down by 1,000 ave on last season when we were rank rotten.

We need to atract these punters back in saome way and lowering the prices to a reasonable level which would affect the running of he club would be a start, £19 instaed of £22 walk up price and £340 insead of £405.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:48 PM
There's a lot of proof for it not working either short term see ICT this season, Hibs v cowdenbeath, the green day or long term eg Motherwell and their administration.

As you say all short term - no one will try it for a sustained period in case it costs them - which I can understand.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I'll give you that if you watch the political leaders you'll think debate's about shouting louder than the other guy but normal old school debate is about putting your point across and it being considered before being countered. Whoever gets the point across better "wins".

This debate in particular on here has turned into it won't and can't work so stop talking rubbish.

I think cheaper pricing could work, it's not a rubbish suggestion but it's not the be all and end all. As has been said a parent and 2 kids can attend in the FF lower for £23 yet looking at that area the take up has been poor. That suggests it's not just a cost issue.

As part of a wider initiative to get more in then a change in price structure has a part to play. The suggestion that slashing prices will see a 'minimum 2k' reappear overnight is rubbish.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 01:51 PM
We're playing in a lower division against lesser opposition ( in the main ) compared to last season, we had a 34 page discussion earler this season about it and in the main most were for lower prices. We're struggling to get the numbers through the gates even when we are playing some of the best football seen at ER since the Mowbray days and our gates are down by 1,000 ave on last season when we were rank rotten.

We need to atract these punters back in saome way and lowering the prices to a reasonable level which would affect the running of he club would be a start, £19 instaed of £22 walk up price and £340 insead of £405.

So a £3 discount alone would see people desperate to come back? I just don't believe that.

lord bunberry
22-02-2015, 01:51 PM
We shouldn't be putting season tickets on sale until we know which league we're going to be playing in. Next seasons prices need to reflect the league we're in. I for one won't be buying a season ticket at premiership prices until we're in the premiership. If we don't go up we need to look at closing the east or west stands

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 01:53 PM
I think cheaper pricing could work, it's not a rubbish suggestion but it's not the be all and end all. As has been said a parent and 2 kids can attend in the FF lower for £23 yet looking at that area the take up has been poor. That suggests it's not just a cost issue.

As part of a wider initiative to get more in then a change in price structure has a part to play. The suggestion that slashing prices will see a 'minimum 2k' reappear overnight is rubbish.

I do the FF thing with my daughter - have done for a couple of seasons now. If it wasn't available I doubt my missus would've let me spend the money.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:55 PM
So a £3 discount alone would see people desperate to come back? I just don't believe that.

Sometimes it's the principle and not just the cost, the fact we're paying the same as last season upset a lot of people, we're playing against poorer opposition more often this season, ( no disrespect to Dumbarton, Alloa, Cowdenbeath etc ) and this should reflect on the prices being paid.

J-C
22-02-2015, 02:00 PM

If the board had dropped prices at the start of the season, how many holders do you think we'd have got, at the moment it's 7,000, I never got a season ticket out of principle this season but I have paid at the gate due to the better showing of the team but I can't get to every game, even so if the price was reduced at the time I would've gotten a season ticket.

Also I don't want to sit in the FF stand with kids, I'm an East stand boy through and through.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 02:03 PM
If the board had dropped prices at the start of the season, how many holders do you think we'd have got, at the moment it's 7,000, I never got a season ticket out of principle this season but I have paid at the gate due to the better showing of the team but I can't get to every game, even so if the price was reduced at the time I would've gotten a season ticket.

Also I don't want to sit in the FF stand with kids, I'm an East stand boy through and through.

Not a huge number more. Lets be honest 7K isn't hugely down on STs sold last year, considerably less than 1000.

Dobosz83
22-02-2015, 02:03 PM
How about :

Perfect solution. I have 2 little girls itching to go and watch Hibs now but it's £46 to take them to a match (that's not Cat A either).

Mikey
22-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Perfect solution. I have 2 little girls itching to go and watch Hibs now but it's £46 to take them to a match (that's not Cat A either).

Have you read all of this thread?

iainm1875
22-02-2015, 02:13 PM

This is the best idea I've heard, no harm in giving it a trial run.

Lago
22-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Well so far it would seem that poor attendance is down to the following, not in any order of preference.
Rod Petrie, poor previous managers, high prices, running out of steak pies, not selling beer at games etc etc. Could it not just be that the league we are in throws up unappealing games, next week Alloa away, again. Unlike the A. Mcl. period when we ran away with league and had gates of 13000 - 14000 its not happening this time, but Hearts are doing it and have gates of 14000. So could it just be that the product at the moment is just not attractive.

J-C
22-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Not a huge number more. Lets be honest 7K isn't hugely down on STs sold last year, considerably less than 1000.

But look at the product on the park last season and the 2 seasons prior to that, our gates have dropped dramatically since Calderwood came in, you would have thought a new regime with a young up and coming manager with a way of playing which ticks all the boxes for Hibs fans would have had them coming back. I've came back and only missed 3 home games due to work commitments and in he main I've enjoyed it but here is still a weird atmosphere at ER which is hard to put my finger on. There seems a lot of hesitancy with the crowd and even when winning still don't get right behind the team perticularly if we're controlling but not scoring, still too many fans shouting at players etc, this is my only gripe at games.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Well so far it would seem that poor attendance is down to the following, not in any order of preference.
Rod Petrie, poor previous managers, high prices, running out of steak pies, not selling beer at games etc etc. Could it not just be that the league we are in throws up unappealing games, next week Alloa away, again. Unlike the A. Mcl. period when we ran away with league and had gates of 13000 - 14000 its not happening this time, but Hearts are doing it and have gates of 14000. So could it just be that the product at the moment is just not attractive.

Lets be honest, if we were flying high in the Premiership doing what Aberdeen are doing we'd be having very good crowds, 13k and upwards.

When we were doing well under Mowbray with a similar style of play like now we were getting those types of crowds and more. 16K was even seen against St Mirren if my memory is right?

Its years of being bored stupid that have us where we are now.

Jack
22-02-2015, 03:08 PM

You say that as a statement of fact whereas the fact is we'll never know.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 03:17 PM

People don't like to see their team getting beat. As confidence grows more people will come back.

Andy74
22-02-2015, 03:26 PM
You say that as a statement of fact whereas the fact is we'll never know.

We do. It's never really worked. There's a core of people that will go at the higher price and by dropping it too far you just lose income from those people. It's a balance and it's about right when you consider we are trying to put together a top flight level team.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 03:29 PM
We do. It's never really worked. There's a core of people that will go at the higher price and by dropping it too far you just lose income from those people. It's a balance and it's about right when you consider we are trying to put together a top flight level team.

Yet most of the SPL do it on less?

Andy74
22-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Yet most of the SPL do it on less?

They have done better with what they have.

This discussion isn't about managing it once you have the budget it's about ensuring we have the maximum budget available.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 03:38 PM

This discussion isn't about managing it once you have the budget it's about ensuring we have the maximum budget available.

Its all linked in my opinion.

J-C
22-02-2015, 03:44 PM

We have 1,000 less fans on average at games, yet we are winning, playing good football and have a feel good factor again, then why haven't the fans came back in their droves, they did under Mowbray.

HibsNutter
22-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Reduce prices, more people will turn up. I don't think this can be disputed. Also, more people will buy food, drink, programmes and maybe even merchandise from the store and we should make this same, if not more money (depending on how much we would reduce prices by). On top of this there will be a better atmosphere inside the ground which can only help the team.

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Reduce prices, more people will turn up. I don't think this can be disputed. Also, more people will buy food, drink, programmes and maybe even merchandise from the store and we should make this same, if not more money (depending on how much we would reduce prices by). On top of this there will be a better atmosphere inside the ground which can only help the team.

Not necessarily. There might be more whingers in the Crowd.............

Gerard
22-02-2015, 04:26 PM
The concept of reducing prices for games is one that needs to be looked into. Motherwell tried to reduce prices for games and it did not result in more people attending games. I would suggest that we need to compare the prices we charge with similar clubs who are in our division and see what they charge. When that information has been aquired, our club could then trial a few games with reduced prices and then see if this results in more people attending games, also if that results in more money spent in the shop, Happy Hibee draw and food/drink.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 04:34 PM
The concept of reducing prices for games is one that needs to be looked into. Motherwell tried to reduce prices for games and it did not result in more people attending games. I would suggest that we need to compare the prices we charge with similar clubs who are in our division and see what they charge. When that information has been aquired, our club could then trial a few games with reduced prices and then see if this results in more people attending games, also if that results in more money spent in the shop, Happy Hibee draw and food/drink.

Something a monkey could do in 5 minutes with a computer and google.

Famous Fiver
22-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Was price an issue for Dumbarton fans yesterday? There were less than 150 of them.

Or is their team just s***e?

Answers on a postcard please.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Anyway ...... Goan somebody comment on ma hotel / supermarket idea. Ah huvnae hud ma kickin' the day :greengrin

HFC 0-7
22-02-2015, 04:56 PM
season tickets are not good value for money if you miss a few games a season. Easter road has so many seats now you can be a walk up for every game. We need the incentive to buy a season ticket to be big and financially for the average punter it is not.

yes we are playing much better football but it is against rubbish opposition most of the time. If we still had a shot at the title then people would be interested but we are not. People are just not enticed to sit in a freezing cold stadium with rubbish atmosphere watching teams like Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. Recent seasons have made a lot of fans so pissed of with watching hibs that it will take a lot more than half a good season in the championship to get them back.

I am bought into the way hibs are being run etc now, but for quite a few others they will want to see that this vision for hibs works in the top flight. What may work is if we start taking most of our chances in these games and start destroying teams. We could have scored plenty against Dumbarton, do that a couple of times and people start noticing.

Monts
22-02-2015, 04:58 PM
To increase fans we just need to get to the Scottish cup final. Then every man and their dog will be trying to get priority tickets.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 05:03 PM
We should do what Hartlepool did a while back and got 8k season tickets sold, this was their entire home capacity.

I cant remember the figures but if we did something like 8k season tickets are £400 12k are £300 and 16k are £200.

Maybe the figures need tweaking but we have way too many empty seats to not try something radical like this?

Keith_M
22-02-2015, 05:23 PM

And? Have you done it yet?

:wink:

Speedy
22-02-2015, 05:29 PM
The football has been really enjoyable but opposition is, at times, week. However i was disappointed at the crowd after such a fine win at ibrox. I think we do need to look at the price structure for next season. In the meantime i think we need to lower walk up prices. 1,000 @ £34 or 2,000 + @ £20. No brainer inho.

There's no chance we'd double our crowd with those kind of price reductions.

I think we need to focus on bulk sales; lower ST ticket prices to give more value and do occasional bundle deals like 3 games for £50 or kids 2 for 1 with an adult.

Hopefully the lower margin would be offset by multiple sales. Longer term it would build a bigger fan base too.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 05:32 PM

No but primates gonna do it in a minute. :greengrin

Gerard
22-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Okay we need to hire a monkey, with access to a computer and google and do this work in 5 minutes:wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Okay we need to hire a monkey, with access to a computer and google and do this work in 5 minutes:wink:

Petrie's already there.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Anyway ...... Goan somebody comment on ma hotel / supermarket idea. Ah huvnae hud ma kickin' the day :greengrin

I've not had a look at it, by I can tell you right away - it's not going to work.

What's the chances of a good night's sleep, when there are bams rattling against your door with shopping trolleys, and people shouting at their kids.

FFS think before you type! :brickwall:

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 05:49 PM

No but primates gonna do it in a minute. :greengrin

Petrie's already there.

How's the Merchant of Venice coming on?

Saturday Boy
22-02-2015, 06:08 PM

I think you have something here. The Sunday lunchtime kick offs are a killer. For the last few years I've been torn between buying a campervan and trying to get B&B at the Loch Inn. :thumbsup:

Michael
22-02-2015, 06:15 PM
We should do what Hartlepool did a while back and got 8k season tickets sold, this was their entire home capacity.

I cant remember the figures but if we did something like 8k season tickets are £400 12k are £300 and 16k are £200.

Maybe the figures need tweaking but we have way too many empty seats to not try something radical like this?

If we managed 16k at 150 average cost (which we wouldn't) that would be 2.4 million...but the only walk ups would be away fans. What do we currently make from ticket sales for a year?

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 06:27 PM
I've not had a look at it, by I can tell you right away - it's not going to work.

What's the chances of a good night's sleep, when there are bams rattling against your door with shopping trolleys, and people shouting at their kids.

FFS think before you type! :brickwall:

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I think you have something here. The Sunday lunchtime kick offs are a killer. For the last few years I've been torn between buying a campervan and trying to get B&B at the Loch Inn. :thumbsup:

I'm deadly serious. I bet a few folk would like this and we aint taiking about a Killie situation here, we are based in one of the worlds top tourist destinations where folk will pay top dollar to pitch a tent in somebodies back garden during the festival FFS.

Is it not a failure to think big or think out of the box which has held us back .... if I was running Hibs I would have looked at this as soon as the new East had been finished.

silverhibee
22-02-2015, 10:09 PM

£16 is the average price for most clubs in this league.

silverhibee
22-02-2015, 10:12 PM

Build it and they will come, think that's what we were told.

Hermit Crab
22-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Was price an issue for Dumbarton fans yesterday? There were less than 150 of them.

Or is their team just s***e?

Answers on a postcard please.

Just north of glasgow, competing with the old firm for fans as well. Yes the price will be an issue. Unheard of for them to have to pay over £20 for a championship game.

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't think it's about making 1 game cheaper it's about making the whole season cheaper. The more people you bring in through the turnstiles the more opportunity you have to sell food, clothing, tickets.sorry, just don't see the connection with tickets=Hibs, food=outside caterers, and clothing=outside frasnchise. the last 2, are a big problem, in my view.

Hibeesmad
23-02-2015, 01:55 AM
East/West/FF Upper:

£325 adult- average £18 a ticket
£175 senior- average £9.70 a ticket
£150 student- average £8.30 a ticket
£100 child- average £5.55 a ticket

Say that we sold 5,000 adult season tickets here, that would bring in £1,625,000.

1,000 senior tickets would bring in about £175,000

1,000 students would bring in about £150,000

1,000 children would bring in about £100,000

Total: £2,050,000

Walk up prices based on average price:

Adult- £20
Senior- £12
Student- £10
Child- £7

Famous Five Lower:

Adult £250- average of £13.90 a ticket
Senior £120- average of £6.70 a ticket
Student/Youth £70- average of £3.90 a ticket
Child £20- average of £1.10 a ticket

500 adults would bring in about £125,000
250 senior would bring in about £30,000
200 students would bring in about £14,000
300 child would bring in about £6,000

Total: £175,000

Walk up prices-

Adult- £15 a ticket
Senior- £8 a ticket
Student- £5 a ticket
Child- £2 a ticket

So in total that is around 9,000 season ticket holders bringing in about £2.2 million. That is without the walk ups which we usually see about 2,000 each week, with such cheap prices we could even see this brought up to about 4 of 5 thousand seeing attendances of up to 14,000 per week with walk ups bringing in about another £50,000 per week for 18 games which would see £900,000 made by the end of the season if that continued.

You probably think this is a lot of rubbish and I'm to go to bed but looking at how cheap those tickets are compared to this season and how many fans we could bring in because of it then we could easily bring in a lot more money through more faces being brought in.

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2015, 07:54 AM
£16 is the average price for most clubs in this league.

Thanks cheetah. :wink:

Sprouleflyer
23-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Always thought a loyalty discount was the way to go, adds an incentive to keep buying your ST.

So, after 1 season of owning a ST, you get a £10 discount, £20 discount after 2 years, £30 discount after 3 years etc, up to a maximum discount cap of £50 after 5 years.

The first few years it doesn't add up to much, but an eventual reduction of £50 is a good saving on the purchase of a ST.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Always thought a loyalty discount was the way to go, adds an incentive to keep buying your ST.

So, after 1 season of owning a ST, you get a £10 discount, £20 discount after 2 years, £30 discount after 3 years etc, up to a maximum discount cap of £50 after 5 years.

The first few years it doesn't add up to much, but an eventual reduction of £50 is a good saving on the purchase of a ST.

The loyalty reward I would like to see is Hibs back in the Premeirship, challenging for honours again and beating Hearts.
If the club decide to reward loyalty that way, then ticket sales will rise.

Bobo
23-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't think there is that much value in a season ticket to be honest. I've had mine for 30+ seasons now and haven't ever felt it's benefited me that much more, if at all, than if I'd been a walk up supporter.

The club unfortunately are well aware that they have your money in advance and don't care much after that so do very little for season ticket holders. Games get changed all the time for TV and people end up missing out, games then ultimately get discounted to entice walk up supporters, further devaluing season ticket membership and those who have purchased season tickets get hee haw time and time again! There really isn't much incentive other than loyalty to buy a season ticket now a days and the club know and play on that!

To make the season ticket more worth while / value for money, all cup games should be included in the price instead of screwing an additional £50 out of already overly inflated pricing, especially when cup ties are regularly discounted for walk ups meaning the season ticket holders early investment doesn't yield that much of a saving if anything at all.

Hibs TV membership should also be included free of charge with the purchase of your season ticket as you've already committed a decent amount of money up front to support your team but they don't want to include you in their supporter service unless you give them even more money!!! Very poor show IMO.

It's time for the club to stay loyal to those who have stayed loyal to them, season ticket pricing and incentives need to be looked at to make them more appealing to existing and potentially new customers, just purely relying on the emotional attachment of the support has to stop.

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't think there is that much value in a season ticket to be honest. I've had mine for 30+ seasons now and haven't ever felt it's benefited me that much more, if at all, than if I'd been a walk up supporter.

The club unfortunately are well aware that they have your money in advance and don't care much after that so do very little for season ticket holders. Games get changed all the time for TV and people end up missing out, games then ultimately get discounted to entice walk up supporters, further devaluing season ticket membership and those who have purchased season tickets get hee haw time and time again! There really isn't much incentive other than loyalty to buy a season ticket now a days and the club know and play on that!

To make the season ticket more worth while / value for money, all cup games should be included in the price instead of screwing an additional £50 out of already overly inflated pricing, especially when cup ties are regularly discounted for walk ups meaning the season ticket holders early investment doesn't yield that much of a saving if anything at all.

Hibs TV membership should also be included free of charge with the purchase of your season ticket as you've already committed a decent amount of money up front to support your team but they don't want to include you in their supporter service unless you give them even more money!!! Very poor show IMO.

It's time for the club to stay loyal to those who have stayed loyal to them, season ticket pricing and incentives need to be looked at to make them more appealing to existing and potentially new customers, just purely relying on the emotional attachment of the support has to stop.

I get where you are coming from Bobo ...... From my point of view I don't mind Hibs discounting walk ups from time to time if its going to mean a bigger crowd, like in the play off last year .... for all the good it did :confused:

It might be an idea for the club to give ST holders a free cup tie next year ... say the first home tie in the league cup ... these tend to be against smaller clubs so chances are we wouldn't take too much of a financial hit. Lets face it, folk who take the cup top up take the chance they might get nothing.... whats sauce for the Goose & all that.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Given the recent upturn on the pitch, there seems to be a better feel about the place. On the back of this renewed positivity I rekon we should be thinking about ways of getting more bums on seats next season.

I feel we really need to target the younger fans and I'm not convinced the current 'hibs kid' offerings are that enticing for the modern child, and think as a club we could do a bit more without too much more effort.

I think we should be giving every school throughout the lothians a season ticket for 1child plus one adult which can be given as a reward/punishment to whomever they deem most deserving. Apart from potentially meaning another 2k at every home game, each week a different child/family could be signed up as hibs kids etc and exposed to the hibs experience.

I would be keen to tap into everyone's positivity and see what we can come up with. I'm sures there's plenty of good ideas.

Id also like to know if we do anything to tap into the immigrant population? There could be potential if we marketed ourselves in the right way.

We should be aiming to replicate the outstanding success of Stand Up And Be Counted of a few seasons back.

Stand Up And Be Counted 2: The Quest For Fan Ownership.

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Here was my ideas during last months thread on ST renewals

I would love us to see us being clever with our season tickets.

I like the idea to incentivise the more sold, the cheaper the price. We should also look to sell cheaper ST's for the corners of the stands.
We could also come up with a "matchday experience" ST. It could include a weekly programme, pie and a drink, and get you a home or away top included at the start of the season. Doing that on the payment plan would then reduce the cost that people were having to spend on matchdays, and mean the club had the money up front. I would certainly buy that for my son, and possibly for me too.

Also a loyalty bonus is a possible idea. Maybe 2% off the cost of your season ticket for every year you renew (with a maximum of say 15-20% being possible)

southsider
23-02-2015, 03:12 PM
how about giving a free cup top up to every fan that buys shares or signs up to HSL ???

Andy74
23-02-2015, 03:19 PM

I don't think it is lack of imagination that has stopped the club doing more on this, it's just that when you start to break down into what might happen and actual numbers you soon find that you are doing deals or giving stuff away to people who will otherwise pay for it.

I pay my money to get in to see football matches, I get a guaranteed seat, I get access to priority on ticket sales and I can get in to Behind the Goals. My daughter's ticket comes with additional deals on bringing someone to Hibs Kids games and gets her to the panto and so on.

I don't really expect any hand outs of strips or anything, if I want to buy any of them I will. I support the club trying to make all the money from merchandise that they can so that the team can become better.

CallumLaidlaw
23-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't think it is lack of imagination that has stopped the club doing more on this, it's just that when you start to break down into what might happen and actual numbers you soon find that you are doing deals or giving stuff away to people who will otherwise pay for it.

I pay my money to get in to see football matches, I get a guaranteed seat, I get access to priority on ticket sales and I can get in to Behind the Goals. My daughter's ticket comes with additional deals on bringing someone to Hibs Kids games and gets her to the panto and so on.

I don't really expect any hand outs of strips or anything, if I want to buy any of them I will. I support the club trying to make all the money from merchandise that they can so that the team can become better.

Andy, I am exactly the same as you. Also people saying they shouldnt release ST prices until we know what division we will be in, I don't know if thats possible, as it would limit the payment plan which I always take advantage of.
I suppose these ideas are more aimed at the people that we are trying to entice back. I am one that stupidly will renew every season no matter what.

Speedy
23-02-2015, 09:21 PM

Good ideas.

PatHead
24-02-2015, 10:06 PM
I think season tickets will be cheaper next year. Not by much but some sort of reward.

Club appear to be listening in other ways.

Agree we need to be less reliant on ticket money and increase money from other sources.

Encourage weddings, funerals, bringing the catering back in house. Rent out the facilities and shed at the training centre. Maybe move the shop into the East Stand or West Stand and rent out what is now the club shop. Rent the kitchens out to the catering colleges during the week. Open the bars on Champions League nights with Hibs coaches giving technical analysis.

Finally, get a top fans want to buy.

Speedy
24-02-2015, 10:35 PM
I think season tickets will be cheaper next year. Not by much but some sort of reward.

Club appear to be listening in other ways.

Agree we need to be less reliant on ticket money and increase money from other sources.

Encourage weddings, funerals, bringing the catering back in house. Rent out the facilities and shed at the training centre. Maybe move the shop into the East Stand or West Stand and rent out what is now the club shop. Rent the kitchens out to the catering colleges during the week. Open the bars on Champions League nights with Hibs coaches giving technical analysis.

Finally, get a top fans want to buy.

Agree with this bit in particular. I refused to buy one this year after the sponsor logos peeled off on the previous year.

lucky
24-02-2015, 10:37 PM
For me the ST is just too expensive. Not looking for anything other than a cheaper price