PDA

View Full Version : Peterborough Sack Ferguson

hfc rd
22-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Just seen that they have parted company with Darren Ferguson. Was thinking could they or might they be about to approach us for Alan Stubbs?

I really hope not!

Hibeesmad
22-02-2015, 12:30 AM
I don't think Stubbs would leave us for Peterborough

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

I can't see a club in the English Championship hiring someone who's only had six months of management experience in the second tier of Scottish football.

That's not meant as a dig at Stubbs either by the way as I'm happy with what he's done so far with us but I think he'll need to do a lot more before a club in the English Championship would be tempted to take him on.

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 12:33 AM
Just seen that they have parted company with Darren Ferguson. Was thinking could they or might they be about to approach us for Alan Stubbs?

I really hope not!

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Keep trying :cb

poolman
22-02-2015, 01:28 AM

I really hope not!

Holy Moly :-)

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2015, 01:28 AM

I really hope not!

Surely Potter and scruffy would be more likely given they are top by 20 points?

iwasthere1972
22-02-2015, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

I can't see a club in the English Championship hiring someone who's only had six months of management experience in the second tier of Scottish football.

That's not meant as a dig at Stubbs either by the way as I'm happy with what he's done so far with us but I think he'll need to do a lot more before a club in the English Championship would be tempted to take him on.

Or even a Sky Bet division 1 team. :wink:

Bostonhibby
22-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Lower crowds, tip of a ground, yam standard main stand and Barry Fry. Stay where you are Alan, finish the job.

J-C
22-02-2015, 11:19 AM

I really hope not!

Not sacked, he's walked away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31571698

Weststandwanab
22-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Maybe he has walked away to take The Rangers job !

J-C
22-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Maybe he has walked away to take The Rangers job !

He's walked from the job before about 3 years ago, he has a great relationship with the owner but the club is run on a shoestring and are a selling club, working with almost nothing down there.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2015, 12:16 PM
He's walked from the job before about 3 years ago, he has a great relationship with the owner but the club is run on a shoestring and are a selling club, working with almost nothing down there.

:agree:Yet successive owners constantly point to how much money they are putting in - Fry more so but there is a definite pattern since Fry took over - Where does all the transfer money go?

Posh was a good place to go in Chris Turners era. Haven't been near the place as a home "supporter" since.

J-C
22-02-2015, 12:20 PM
:agree:Yet successive owners constantly point to how much money they are putting in - Fry more so but there is a definite pattern since Fry took over - Where does all the transfer money go?

Posh was a good place to go in Chris Turners era. Haven't been near the place as a home "supporter" since.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-make-20m-profit-on-eight-star-players-1-6241420

£20m profit from 8 players

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Or even a Sky Bet division 1 team. :wink:

Aye one of them too! :doh:

Don't know why I thought Peterborough were still in the Championship!

hibeeleicester
22-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Darren is a real genuine good guy.

Fry is a ****.

Sort of like our Pat Fenlon situation.

Too many troubles above.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Fry is a ****.

Too many troubles above.

A real genuine good guy who committed GBH against a woman?

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2015, 02:15 PM

I really hope not!

Jobbie Nielson would be a better shout? Heard that DF was "influenced" in who he could pick, so the new manager would need to be used to that.

gorgie greens
22-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Sally must be getting twitchy at the thought of green fingers,mind you Peterborough have not did any thing to me .

Bostonhibby
22-02-2015, 04:46 PM

Fry is a ****.

Too many troubles above.

:agree: Finally sussed it mate! told you so :greengrin Hoping all going well - you are well out of Posh, Keep living the dream, all the best from us. GGTTH

jdships
22-02-2015, 05:01 PM

I really hope not!

Simple question !
Why ? :confused:

Bostonhibby
22-02-2015, 05:07 PM
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-make-20m-profit-on-eight-star-players-1-6241420

£20m profit from 8 players

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/oct/25/Peterborough

Also used to be a great analysis from a poster on here - poshswanny? - searched for the article just now but its been taken down it seems :wink:

hibeeleicester
23-02-2015, 01:23 AM
A real genuine good guy who committed GBH against a woman?

Yep that's the guy.

Helped me out a lot.

hibeeleicester
23-02-2015, 01:25 AM
:agree: Finally sussed it mate! told you so :greengrin Hoping all going well - you are well out of Posh, Keep living the dream, all the best from us. GGTTH

Always knew he was a bit of a **** to be fair with the amount of verbal abuse I took from him. Shame because there's a lot of good people round that club. His son is one of my closest mates!

Cheers Kev.

Will be in touch soon, will need to organise a soirée!

.Sean.
23-02-2015, 02:45 AM
Good enough for the wifebeating piece of dhite.