PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

Twiglet
21-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Well, full match, up on Hibs TV now. No idea if there's anything upon the freeview part.
Still watching, but a definite penalty when Watson got tripped in the box, Dumbarton player got 100% of the player, 0% of the ball.
Good from Djedje for the first, determination that he was going to get a shot away at least. Lovely header from Malonga for his first. Third seemed less of a guddle than I remember live.
Hope people listening/watching on Hibs TV didn't miss the third, the system started dialling in the build up, apparently dialling back in as lost signal.

Billy
22-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Well, full match, up on Hibs TV now. No idea if there's anything upon the freeview part.
Still watching, but a definite penalty when Watson got tripped in the box, Dumbarton player got 100% of the player, 0% of the ball.
Good from Djedje for the first, determination that he was going to get a shot away at least. Lovely header from Malonga for his first. Third seemed less of a guddle than I remember live.
Hope people listening/watching on Hibs TV didn't miss the third, the system started dialling in the build up, apparently dialling back in as lost signal.

The 3rd goal has 21 passes from Fontaine picking it up at the back to Robertson's final pass to Malonga - The move is 1 minute and 23 seconds in total.

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 01:51 AM
I lost count but I thought there had been a fair few passes in the lead up to the goal which impressed me........boy next to me could only muster a 'aye but he dithered and it was a deflection' :greengrin

Djedje fairly thumped the first........he's one of these players who will miss the simple chances, but bury a raker when you least expect it :aok:

Joe's ice cream
22-02-2015, 11:28 AM
The 3rd goal has 21 passes from Fontaine picking it up at the back to Robertson's final pass to Malonga - The move is 1 minute and 23 seconds in total.

Yep and still a lot of folk sat around me in the West Upper were in full moan mode during this move demanding the ball get pumped up into the box quicker!!
It's good to see the players following the approach Stubbs is clearly demanding of them ref retaining possession and waiting for the right opportunity to appear.
Think we have seen enough cup games over the years when we have played so called lesser opposition, become harassed because we haven't got an early goal and just started humping the ball long hoping it leads to something- inevatibly if never did!!

Hamish
22-02-2015, 11:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfNo9eQGyJc

Highlights from Dumbarton TV

Mikey
22-02-2015, 11:38 AM

Around 1m 30s, Malonga obviously either got a shout to leave it or had the sun in his eyes!

Around 8m 00s, how was that not a penalty??!!!

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Unrelated to the game but why do Dumbarton have an elephant on their badge?

JimBHibees
22-02-2015, 11:48 AM

Good highlights and just showed how many chances we created especially second half. The two penalties are quite simply staggering decisions and difficult to understand in any logical way why they werent given especially the handball when the ball traveled about 20 yards before the guy controlled it with an arm.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 11:48 AM

The elephants name is Dumbo.

JimBHibees
22-02-2015, 11:50 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbarton_F.C.

Seems a little fanciful suppose similar to Arthur seat and Lion.

JimBHibees
22-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Around 1m 30s, Malonga obviously either got a shout to leave it or had the sun in his eyes!

Around 8m 00s, how was that not a penalty??!!!

Agree what about the one at 11m 20 or so. Boy was at it IMO. Expect similar if we are anyway close to Rangers in the League.

frazeHFC
22-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Cheers for that, looked like 3 going on 10!

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Good highlights and just showed how many chances we created especially second half. The two penalties are quite simply staggering decisions and difficult to understand in any logical way why they werent given especially the handball when the ball traveled about 20 yards before the guy controlled it with an arm.

I would love the ref to explain the handball decision ... you will never see a clearer penalty and he had a perfect view. Hibs should be onto the SPFL about this one, he must be made to explain that decision.

Unseen work
22-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Thought handling looked very good in highlights

matty_f
22-02-2015, 02:15 PM
I would love the ref to explain the handball decision ... you will never see a clearer penalty and he had a perfect view. Hibs should be onto the SPFL about this one, he must be made to explain that decision.

:agree: and the trip on Watson.

Fergus52
22-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Thought handling looked very good in highlights

Yeah me too.

Some intelligent movement, couple of good turns to get away from his man that were in or around the box.

He was also a bit unlucky with his 3 shots

The Sundance Kid
22-02-2015, 02:32 PM

And every outfield player touched the ball in the build up, brilliant team goal when viewed in its entirety

A Hibs goal of the season competition would be a competitive one this year that's for sure with some of the great team goals (yesterdays third, Cummings in the 4-0, Stevenson's at Ibrox) alongside some great strikes (El Alagui at Tynecastle, Gray v Rangers, Malonga away at Dumbarton)

O'Rourke3
22-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Couldn't see clearly at the time whether JayJay was offside when he was put through but from the highlights at least a yard onside and from the lino with a good view....

brog
22-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Couldn't see clearly at the time whether JayJay was offside when he was put through but from the highlights at least a yard onside and from the lino with a good view....

I thought he was on at the time. If you look at the Lino he never even looks at J J until the pass is completed & he receives the ball. By that time of course he appears to be yards off. The Lino's behaviour is completely contrary to instructions I received when taking my ref's badge.

AlbertK86
22-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Linesman and ref both brutal

Clear view of both pens and the offside against Djedje is shocking

Also thought we could have another pen near end when Djedje was cleaned out from behind as he was about to shoot from just outside six yard box. Ref and blind Pugh the linesman gave a corner

leggeto
22-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Fyvie had a good game

Famous Fiver
22-02-2015, 04:57 PM
That's Raith and Dumbarton showed their ER highlights and it was one way traffic both times .

Dumbarton were at their most dangerous warming up before the start.

Raith's only shot was a header.

Considering the possession and attacks we had in both (refs decisions aside) we should have scored around 20.

AlbertK86
22-02-2015, 05:04 PM
That's Raith and Dumbarton showed their ER highlights and it was one way traffic both times . Dumbarton were at their most dangerous warming up before the start. Raith's only shot was a header. Considering the possession and attacks we had in both (refs decisions aside) we should have scored around 20.

Both these clubs provide excellent highlights and post them early.

Presume their fans aren't having to pay a fee for their respective Clubs tv

Does anybody know how much Hibs make out of Hibs TV subscriptions

hibsbollah
22-02-2015, 05:10 PM

:aok:
We're starting to score these kind of goals regularly.

Twiglet
22-02-2015, 05:58 PM

It's very good build up play, very patient. We made the space.
Think my brain added in a few extra passes around the box and the wee half stumble Malonga had just before shooting seemed like an eternity live.
There've been times in the last couple of seasons we've got that far and ended up without a goal, still need to get past that in my head some times.

cam75
22-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Anyone share a link ?
GGTTH

matty_f
22-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Anyone share a link ?
GGTTH

It's already on the thread.

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Re: offsides,

Stevenson was also 'offside' when he made a run from behind the player. At least 2-3 yards onside due to a covering defender as well.

3 shocking officials!

cam75
22-02-2015, 06:54 PM
It's already on the thread.

Cheers !

Nevi_SOL
22-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I lost count but I thought there had been a fair few passes in the lead up to the goal which impressed me........boy next to me could only muster a 'aye but he dithered and it was a deflection' :greengrin

Djedje fairly thumped the first........he's one of these players who will miss the simple chances, but bury a raker when you least expect it :aok:

Scottish Cup final or Play-off final would be nice :greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-02-2015, 08:43 PM
How did we not score 12!!

fatbloke
23-02-2015, 05:29 AM
That was 3 going on 10. Free flowing is an understatement describing Hibs going forward.

Onion
23-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Could have been 6 or 7 on another day. Dumbarton were awful. Hibs midfield is light years better than last season. Two stonewall pens turned down by the ref/linesman in H2.

--------
23-02-2015, 10:40 AM

Yup - two clear penalties in the second half. Obvious trip with the ball yards away, and as clear a handball as you could wish. Officials perfectly placed both times - no action.

And there was a very poor offside decision just before the end when JayJay (?) timed his run perfectly and was pulled up when he was free and clear in their area.

The shape of things to come, I'm afraid.

Now is the time for all 'good' refs to come to the aid of The Rangers. :rolleyes:

Jones28
23-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Strongest Hibs midfield for 10 years?

Jones28
23-02-2015, 10:59 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31466866

Thought the stats made quite interesting reading!

JimBHibees
23-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Yup - two clear penalties in the second half. Obvious trip with the ball yards away, and as clear a handball as you could wish. Officials perfectly placed both times - no action.

And there was a very poor offside decision just before the end when JayJay (?) timed his run perfectly and was pulled up when he was free and clear in their area.

The shape of things to come, I'm afraid.

Now is the time for all 'good' refs to come to the aid of The Rangers. :rolleyes:

That thought crossed my mind also. They are impartial though and just doing an honest job.:wink:

WestEndHibee
23-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Not that I know but I'm almost certain that it'll be because, from a certain angle, Dumbarton Rock looks like an elephant.

Source: travelling past it on the train right now.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Danny Handling involved in all the good moves

hibsbollah
23-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Strongest Hibs midfield for 10 years?

I would agree. The Broon Thomson Boozy Sproule foursome from 2004-5 is the last one as good. Personally id say only Scott Allan gets into that team at the moment.

frazeHFC
23-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I would agree. The Broon Thomson Boozy Sproule foursome from 2004-5 is the last one as good. Personally id say only Scott Allan gets into that team at the moment.

I would love to see how Allan, McGeough, Fyvie, Robertson etc would get on just now in the Scottish Premiership. Personally I think our squad is better than most of the Premiership sides but it's hard to tell without them being put to the test.

Joy to watch, definitely be making the most of it while we have them!

Billy McKirdy
24-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Surely there must be at least one Hibby who is prepared to film every single match and post the highlights to YouTube every time, I've been impressed by the quality of uploads by the so called wee teams like Dumbarton, Raith and Queen of the South.
I have a handy program on my pc which allows me to copy any You Tube upload but it can't copy from other sites such as the fishy site.
Just a thought :agree:

Billy
24-02-2015, 09:13 AM
The footage to the 3rd goal is on the clubs Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Surely there must be at least one Hibby who is prepared to film every single match and post the highlights to YouTube every time, I've been impressed by the quality of uploads by the so called wee teams like Dumbarton, Raith and Queen of the South.
I have a handy program on my pc which allows me to copy any You Tube upload but it can't copy from other sites such as the fishy site.
Just a thought :agree:

Don't Hibs/the SPFL hold the copyright to the game?

Therefore, anyone posting their own version of the highlights would fall foul of that.

Billy McKirdy
24-02-2015, 09:32 AM

Therefore, anyone posting their own version of the highlights would fall foul of that.

That's what I thought but both Raith and Dumbarton appear to be using official club You Tube channels to promote their footage and the amount of game footage which is online anyway and has been for years makes me question that too.

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2015, 09:35 AM
That's what I thought but both Raith and Dumbarton appear to be using official club You Tube channels to promote their footage and the amount of game footage which is online anyway and has been for years makes me question that too.

Yes, but the point is that they can, because they own the copyright.

Hibs won't do that, because to do so would undermine HibsTV, and the income which we receive from that.

Billy McKirdy
24-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Yes, but the point is that they can, because they own the copyright.

Hibs won't do that, because to do so would undermine HibsTV, and the income which we receive from that.

How much do you reckon they make from Hibs TV anyway? and would it make a great deal of difference if the club released footage after a few days for the SPFL (the other rights owner) to post on their You Tube channel as well. I already have a subscription to Hibs TV anyway but that's not my point, many fans don't but they can get free access to You Tube.

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2015, 09:43 AM
How much do you reckon they make from Hibs TV anyway? and would it make a great deal of difference if the club released footage after a few days for the SPFL (the other rights owner) to post on their You Tube channel as well. I already have a subscription to Hibs TV anyway but that's not my point, many fans don't but they can get free access to You Tube.

No idea, but I presume that they make some, otherwise there would be little point in doing it.

Billy McKirdy
24-02-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm just saying mate, I realise the club have to maximise their income stream but this would be another good gesture if they did.

Brightside
24-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Danny Handling involved in all the good moves

Yep - sick of pointing it out to people who know zero about football.

TrinityHibs
24-02-2015, 11:49 AM
This highlights nonsense is a throwback to pre-LD. What harm would it do the club to release highlights say 3 days after a match. If QOS and Dumbarton can do it why cant Hibs?

Billy McKirdy
24-02-2015, 12:05 PM
This highlights nonsense is a throwback to pre-LD. What harm would it do the club to release highlights say 3 days after a match. If QOS and Dumbarton can do it why cant Hibs?

The patchy coverage this season by the BBC & the SPFL You Tube channel would support this move.
There are almost a dozen games I wouldn't have seen footage from if I never had access to Hibs TV, others are not so lucky.
Come on Leeann make it happen :thumbsup:

TowerHibs
24-02-2015, 01:32 PM
The 3Rd goal in my eyes represents a real change in attitude with the players.

Yes Dumbarton were finished by then, no the strongest dream to pass around however out of the 20 or so passes I am pleased that they are not just simple sideway/backwards passes. There are a lot of probing balls, passes into space for the on coming player to. Players in and out of possession now taking responsibility to make things happen

Peevemor
24-02-2015, 01:41 PM
The patchy coverage this season by the BBC & the SPFL You Tube channel would support this move.
There are almost a dozen games I wouldn't have seen footage from if I never had access to Hibs TV, others are not so lucky.
Come on Leeann make it happen :thumbsup:

I can remember a time when, unless Hibs were playing one of the old firm, the "new firm" in their heyday or sometimes a derby, you had no chance of seeing the goals unless you went to the game.

Onion
24-02-2015, 01:52 PM

But as long as the club has done all it can to turn a blind eye to it, that's fine. Think that's how it works from now on.