PDA

View Full Version : 'Doing a Hibs'

Bronson
21-02-2015, 09:13 PM
I see Alan Archibald has made his Partick Thistle players aware they need to avoid 'doing a hibs', as he put it, after 5 defeats in a row.

Motherwell seem to be trying to out-do us in terms of disastrous seasons, completely falling apart. That defeat today took them bottom of the league after Ross County won. Amazing that they can go from consistently 'best of the rest' to bottom in such a short space of time.

Interesting to see who we do eventually play in the play-off deciders after inevitably beating QoS (who will have inevitably knocked out the tribute act):greengrin

Michael
21-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I see Alan Archibald has made his Partick Thistle players aware they need to avoid 'doing a hibs', as he put it, after 5 defeats in a row.

Motherwell seem to be trying to out-do us in terms of disastrous seasons, completely falling apart. That defeat today took them bottom of the league after Ross County won. Amazing that they can go from consistently 'best of the rest' to bottom in such a short space of time.

Interesting to see who we do eventually play in the play-off deciders after inevitably beating QoS (who will have inevitably knocked out the tribute act):greengrin

Motherwell have done a Dortmund!

Bristolhibby
21-02-2015, 09:21 PM

The Dempster effect?

J

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Even though we beat them in the cup, Id like to avoid Ross County, just the travel and everything else to go with it. I hope they get relegated without even having to play a play off match. Give us St Mirren.

Bronson
21-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Motherwell have done a Dortmund!

Aye, they're having a shocker as well but starting to pick up more points now. Dortmund should stay up, Motherwell on the other hand? Anyone's guess.

The Dempster effect?

J

Funny, I was thinking the same. McCall leaving was a big blow as well. I know it wasn't going great this season early doors but I'm pretty certain he'd have them higher than they are now.

hibees 7062
21-02-2015, 09:34 PM

A Dundee player said this aswell with we won't be before it

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 10:00 PM
I think there is definitely something going on behind the doors at Motherwell, much like ourselves before Dempster came in with a change of manager, style and new quality additions. It does make you wonder why Dempster would leave a team 2nd in the league to come to us and how McCall left...you can tell he's wanting this Rangers job btw

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 10:02 PM
All these clubs should be very afraid as we had more points than Partick Thistle at the same stage last season.

I would have thought that the relegated team and the team involved in the play off are likely to be two from Motherwell, Ross County and St Mirren but it's not looking great for Partick Thistle just now.

Five straight defeats and, perhaps even more importantly, since the end of December they've played the three teams below them in the league and lost all three matches.

I think they'll be ok though.

IberianHibernian
21-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Don`t follow results of Motherwell , Partick Th enough to really know but neither were in a strong league postion in November ( PT maybe not too bad ) but in our case we recovered from bad start after short close season after late cup final and were quite well-placed in league when we decided to change manager got a few good results coinciding with easier fixtures then collapsed so not sure how accuarte any comparison is . Maybe should be called doing a " Butcher " instead of doing a " Hibs " .

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Motherwell's fall from grace has been even worse than ours and that's saying something! Awful stuff from them.

Hermit Crab
22-02-2015, 12:14 AM
They will pick up. I don't think they will go down or be in a play off place.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 12:28 AM

I've thought that for a few weeks. It hasn't happened. And I thought that for 4 months for us last season.

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2015, 12:30 AM
I've thought that for a few weeks. It hasn't happened. And I thought that for 4 months for us last season.

Indeed - but hitting the bottom now is surely better than in late May?

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Indeed - but hitting the bottom now is surely better than in late May?

True. But they've already changed their manager, and that effect lasted 2 games. The January window has been and gone, and they're still struggling.

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2015, 01:36 AM
True. But they've already changed their manager, and that effect lasted 2 games. The January window has been and gone, and they're still struggling.

Indeed - but they can still do things to change - like another new manager or bring in the youth. They haven't run out of games - which was our problem last year when we needed 3 points for safety in April and failed as the games ran out.

Having said that unless they turn it around soon they'll run out of games too.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Indeed - but they can still do things to change - like another new manager or bring in the youth. They haven't run out of games - which was our problem last year when we needed 3 points for safety in April and failed as the games ran out.

Having said that unless they turn it around soon they'll run out of games too.
LH - we needed 3 points from February!!

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2015, 02:16 AM
LH - we needed 3 points from February!!

Please don't remind me...

:wink:

Bay Area Hibees
22-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Water under bridge but I don't think we'd have gone down if Hanlon not injured.
Not a lot of people's star player but really solid.
Anyway lets hope we can beat current buns in play offs (I'm convinced we will be 2/3 with them.
I just hope their new players don't grll. No matter what we think most those 5 are good players.
Just praying we fulfil this promise and if not keep hold Stubbs. He's the key together with Leanne.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 01:52 PM
I think there is definitely something going on behind the doors at Motherwell, much like ourselves before Dempster came in with a change of manager, style and new quality additions. It does make you wonder why Dempster would leave a team 2nd in the league to come to us and how McCall left...you can tell he's wanting this Rangers job btw

Direct debits drying up? :dunno:

Famous Fiver
22-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Thing of beauty, listening to the whine of Tam Cowan on radio last night.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving tw*t.

Gloated plenty last year. Karma, Tam.

AlbertK86
22-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Thing of beauty, listening to the whine of Tam Cowan on radio last night. Couldn't happen to a more deserving tw*t. Gloated plenty last year. Karma, Tam.

Spot on...

Listening to off the ball on the way to ER yesterday was entertaining for the amount of stick Motherwell took

The wee fat boy was trying to joke along but you could hear the hurt in his voice

Karma after the stick he gave Hibs last year

Bronson
22-02-2015, 04:21 PM

I disagree, I think they'll go down.

Motherwell, that is. Partick should be fine.

emerald green
22-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Spot on...

Listening to off the ball on the way to ER yesterday was entertaining for the amount of stick Motherwell took

The wee fat boy was trying to joke along but you could hear the hurt in his voice

Karma after the stick he gave Hibs last year

:agree: Yep, tried to make out he was just joking and having a wee laugh at Hibs expense. Funny man. Well GIRFUY Tam.