PDA

View Full Version : Liam Fontaine

thebakerboy
21-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Thought yet again he strolled this game today and proved a very capable captain and was excellent the way he encouraged everyone , which is different from Craigs way. We now have 2 or 3 alternates to Craig as captain which is good.
BUT NOW TO MY MAIN POINT . it is for some of our older posters , does he remind anyone of Big Bad John McNamee with his build and command at the back and occasional majestic pushes through the middle where he just brushes tackles aside.

Jonnyboy
21-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Thought yet again he strolled this game today and proved a very capable captain and was excellent the way he encouraged everyone , which is different from Craigs way. We now have 2 or 3 alternates to Craig as captain which is good.
BUT NOW TO MY MAIN POINT . it is for some of our older posters , does he remind anyone of Big Bad John McNamee with his build and command at the back and occasional majestic pushes through the middle where he just brushes tackles aside.

Big John bulldozed forward, taking no prisoners. LM kinda glides :greengrin

MSK
21-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Big John bulldozed forward, taking no prisoners. LM kinda glides :greengrinLM ?...:greengrin

Jonnyboy
21-02-2015, 08:40 PM
LM ?...:greengrin

Ooops :greengrin

Famous Fiver
21-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Big John and Shades greeted their oppo with a boneshaker then got the deck chair, pipe and slippers out for the rest of the game.

Fontaine picks pockets Silent assassin.

Lot to be said for both styles.

I'm a happy hibby tonight.

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:48 PM
I like big Liam (funny name fur a French gadgie) a lot. in fact I like him the more I see him playing, as he has got better every game. can we at least sign him for another couple of years?

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:54 PM
just searched Wikipedia and it says he is actually English. never knew that, and assumed the second name was French. says; Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine ! wow, that's a mooth fi'.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 08:56 PM
He's an absolute class act. Hope he stays

whiskyhibby
21-02-2015, 08:57 PM
The whole back line looked like they could have gone through the game with their eyes closed

21-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Brilliant signing by Stubbs. Solid every game, no messing around and just gets the simple things done.

The_Exile
21-02-2015, 09:03 PM
We've got the best centre back pairing in Scotland IMO.

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 10:02 PM
He's starting to turn into one of my favourite players. I was glad to see him as captain today and he was the last one down the tunnel after clapping the fans at the end. I really really hope he stays long term and gets his wife and kids up here, sometimes it's not easy but he knows that he has the oppurtunity to do well here

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Hope he signs a longer deal. Along with the thread about Fyvie, an awful lot seems to depend on us going up. The team we have right now would stay up no problem.

wookie70
21-02-2015, 10:14 PM
He looked like he was desperate to score today. Some great forays forward which kept the team focussed. He looked like a real leader today and I would make him Captain from now on. Gray is in a similar mould but I would give Fontaine the nod as Centre Half is a great position to captain from.

We have leaders all around the park now. A few months ago we would have taken the foot off the gas when the third went in but we just kept motoring on today. Maybe the competition for places is so hot that every player knows that if they drop down a gear or two their position in the team is in doubt. What a change since Stubbs arrived.

poolman
21-02-2015, 10:14 PM

Not Macnamee, maybe a Madsen ?

Onion
21-02-2015, 10:22 PM
IMO Fontaine is one of the best CHs we've had at the club in years. He epitomises the improvement the team has made since last season - much more dependable, capable and solid.

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 10:38 PM
so glad that others feel the same. he is fast becoming a real favourite. a class act so far. like the idea of him operating as a captain, from the back line.

EdinMike
21-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Fontaine is becoming one of my favourite players. I hope we get him on a longer contract.