PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Famous Fiver
21-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Sheer class.

We need to try to hang on to him.

Would be interesting to find out who at Wigan didn't think he was a player.

That's three midfield beauties Stubbs has pulled out of the hat, Allan, McGeouch and now Fyvie.

Great to watch.

Unseen work
21-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Brilliant young player, very classy on the ball. Think we will get him on a long contract

jane_says
21-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Sheer class.

That's three midfield beauties Stubbs has pulled out of the hat, Allan, McGeouch and now Fyvie.

Great to watch.

Best player on the park today, very impressive. Looks like yet another find from Stubbs.

theonlywayisup
21-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Sheer class.

Great to watch.

He was very good today, though the opposition was not that good.

Agree....what a midfield of Allan, Fyvie and McGeoch.

thebakerboy
21-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Think he could also play the defensive mid role if Robertson is out. This also leads me to the subbing of Lewis with Keith Watson going to LB and proving we have cover for all positions. When was the last time Lewis was subbed for tactical reasons ?????????

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 08:42 PM
If we get promoted and keep him along with Allan and McGeough we will finish in the top 6 comfortably imo with the way we are playing just now

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Superb wee player. Bossed the game.
Highlight was when he picked up a loose ball at pace and threaded dominique.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Great performance. Our midfield is absolutely ridiculous these days

matty_f
21-02-2015, 09:35 PM
He was very good today, nice range of passing and always looking to get on the ball. I was impressed!

B.H.F.C
21-02-2015, 09:46 PM
He was a yard sharper than against Arbroath two weeks ago.

He was at it right from the start today.

hibees 7062
21-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Great performance. Our midfield is absolutely ridiculous these days

Every position

IberianHibernian
21-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Thought he was our best player today but opposition were so weak that it doesn`t mean he`s going to make a big impact for us the rest of this season or next .

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Head and shoulders above anyone. Wonderful.

Should be in the Scotland squad.

wookie70
21-02-2015, 10:02 PM
His passing was up around Scott Allen level but he was also chasing back when he lost the ball and put a power of work in. Very impressive performance and will be interesting to see if he and Allen can play in the same team. We might need to play with another ball.

Onion
21-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Great game. Looked like a quality player, admittedly against one of the worst teams I've seen at ER in a long time.

Paisley Hibby
21-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Brilliant young player, very classy on the ball. Think we will get him on a long contract

Only if we go up?

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Only if we go up? Quite a few talking about us going up, obviously but I think it is still a big ask, given the fact that the gorgie mob are so far ahead, the rangers are just behind us with 3 in hand and we'd still need to negotiate the play offs if we tuck in at 3rd. I think we should concentrate on the cup. we could need some of these players for Europe next season :greengrin

truehibernian
21-02-2015, 11:07 PM
His passing was up around Scott Allen level but he was also chasing back when he lost the ball and put a power of work in. Very impressive performance and will be interesting to see if he and Allen can play in the same team. We might need to play with another ball.

Not anywhere near Scott Allan level, sorry to burst the bubble........an assured and steady showing today with a fine spread of passing particularly first half.......but SA is miles better.

Scott Robertson, over the 90, was the best midfielder today IMO. Was everywhere.

Fyvie looks good but is finding his feet....like Handling, he didn't appear to want to take a wee chance......3 or 4 times he chose not to shoot, and Allan is the same at times.........shoooooooooooooooot :greengrin:aok:

patlowe
22-02-2015, 12:43 AM
He was a class above today but the opposition was pitiful. Having said that, a midfield of Allan, Fyvie and McGeouch, backed up by the industry of Robertson, really is top drawer. Promotion is so important if we want to keep these guys and get fans back through the door on a regular basis.

Springbank
22-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Best midfield options since boozy glass Thomson brown Stewart and shiels

Bay Area Hibees
22-02-2015, 05:03 AM
Monktonharp: totally agree. to beat the Rangers would be tough despite our record. Can still see them getting decision s and scraping it. As long as we keep AS

lucky
22-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Think he could also play the defensive mid role if Robertson is out. This also leads me to the subbing of Lewis with Keith Watson going to LB and proving we have cover for all positions. When was the last time Lewis was subbed for tactical reasons ?????????

LS was not subbed for tactical reasons, IMHO, it was to give Gray game time. Fyvie was excellent yesterday and looks like another good find but all these players look good in the second tier of Scottish football. Once we are back in the top division and challenging at the top end then we can compare how good these players are.

jdships
22-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Have to admit that this is very much second/third hand from a Wigan fan.
He says Fyvie lost his way a bit through being supposedly homesick and not enjoying living in the digs he was given
Souds plausible I suppose :greengrin

hibees 7062
22-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Sheer class.

Great to watch.

Would he have played for the Wigan reserves maybe ?

wookie70
22-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Not anywhere near Scott Allan level, sorry to burst the bubble........an assured and steady showing today with a fine spread of passing particularly first half.......but SA is miles better.

Scott Robertson, over the 90, was the best midfielder today IMO. Was everywhere.

Fyvie looks good but is finding his feet....like Handling, he didn't appear to want to take a wee chance......3 or 4 times he chose not to shoot, and Allan is the same at times.........shoooooooooooooooot :greengrin:aok:

Fyvie hardly lost the ball all day and played umpteen balls out wide with pace which constantly got us on the front foot. Scott Allen looks for the killer ball almost every time he gets it which looks amazing when it comes off but can but us on the back foot if it doesn't. The Falkirk 3-3 game would be a good example of that.

There was an occasion yesterday when Fyvie lost the ball well into Dumbarton's half. He charged back and made a great challenge and we were back on the attack almost immediately again. Allen may well have dwelt on the error rather than knocked his pan in trying to make up for the mistake. I really like Allen but he frustrates me with his decision making. Fortunately there is room for 4 midfielders and I actually think Robertson, Allen, McGeough and Fyvie could learn a lot from each other and will also complement each other really well. The killer ball from Scott A, the constant probing from Fraser, the forward drive of Dylan and the sheer determination of Scott R.

Everyone likes different attributes in players. I look for someone that keeps the ball and takes the right option and I demand 100% effort particularly when a mistake is made. For those reasons Scott Allen would be my fourth favourite player out of the 4 mentioned above. He would start every week for me and I love watching him but my theory is that the percentages tend to win games. Keep the ball and put it in the box with quality enough times and you will win most games. Yesterday was a prime example of that. Lots of crisp passing without really playing anything super special and we created a barrel load of chances. To be fair the opposition played a big part in that.

Where I think Scott A really could come into his own is in the games against teams close to us in the league. When we aren't dominating it sometimes needs something special and inventive, like the first goal against the Rangers last week, to get the three points. We are in an incredibly fortunate position of having 4 great midfielders in the starting 11 and another 3 who are capable of making an impact from the bench. You can revel in Scott A's genius while I drool over the snappy passing of Fyvie. You can't have 11 Ronaldos in a team because a blend of talents and attributes is required to be successful. Everything I see about Hibs at the moment screams thoughtful planning with players bought to play in specific roles in specific systems.

erin go bragh
22-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Great game. Looked like a quality player, admittedly against one of the worst teams I've seen at ER in a long time.

The same team that escaped with a 0-0 on their last visit . Albeit we did score ( Malanga pen ) but it wasnt giving . Id say if our best 11 now ,were to play our best 11 at the start of the season , it would be a bigger score than when The Rangers played here . Fraser Fyvie looks class already . Well impressed with Stubbs signings .

Ggtth

emerald green
22-02-2015, 06:14 PM

:agree: Fraser Fyvie was very good yesterday, and is clearly an excellent footballer. Looks much bigger than how I remember him at Aberdeen. I'm not trying to put a downer on his performance in any way, but I do believe account has to be taken of the standard of opposition from Dumbarton.

It was the most one sided football match I've seen at ER for some time. Dumbarton offered practically nothing and simply tried to keep the score down.

To quote Ian Murray: "We lacked belief right from the start. We could have got a real hiding. To come away with a 3-0 flattered us."

Refreshing honesty from a manager for once.