PDA

View Full Version : Ref

JimBHibees
21-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Couldn't believe the two clear pens turned down. Personally couldn't believe the blatant handball turned down near the end.

Expecting Rain
21-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Couldn't believe the two clear pens turned down. Personally couldn't believe the blatant handball turned down near the end.

Imagine this guy officiating play off matches between Hibs and Rangers.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 08:44 PM
He was horrific today

matty_f
21-02-2015, 08:51 PM
He was horrific today

He wasn't that good.

I've never seen a ref get in the way of play as much as him, seemed like he was determined to join in.

FranckSuzy
21-02-2015, 08:53 PM
For his running style alone, it's a 'no' from me. Thought the ref was terrible today.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Horrific.

I'm not sure about the handball as it happebed quite quickly but I'm right behind where the 1st penalty shout was and it was a clear trip. Penalty every time and if the ref missed it then the linesman should be helping him out.

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Not sure about the trip, I must have missed it. But the hand ball was as clear a penalty as you will ever see, the Dumbarton player was at least 7 yards from the cross and his arm was fully extended, in that case the ref surely cant say it was ball played man. He had a good view of it too from what I could see.

I am entirely positive that he didn't give the penalty purely because Hibs were already 3 - 0 up with only a few minutes to go. If that is the case, and I will take a lot of convincing it wasn't, then he shouldn't be refereeing professional football matches.

He did also seem determined to position himself right in the middle of the park just outside the penalty box and get in the way of as many of our attacks as possible.

Not good.

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 09:35 PM
ah well, I'm sure bbc highlights will give a balanced view and sort out any confusion.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-02-2015, 10:00 PM
ah well, I'm sure bbc highlights will give a balanced view and sort out any confusion.

lol good one!

Bbc highlights struggle to show all the goals

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 10:02 PM
lol good one!

Bbc highlights struggle to show all the goals

If they show Dumbarton's only shot (Header) on goal, that will just sum up their reporting on Hibs

21-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Ref had a shocker today, we had a stonewall penalty denied. Fortunately the decisions didnt matter in the end.

CallumLaidlaw
21-02-2015, 10:15 PM
The trip on Watson was a stonewaller as was the handball. He gave some strange free kicks and should have booked a couple of Dumbarton players for challenges

Carheenlea
21-02-2015, 10:22 PM
A gripe of mines is something that all referees do, and that today`s did on 2 or 3 occasions was when he is using his spray, instead of pacing out a proper 10 yards he just takes 10 standard walking steps then sprays his line there. It takes a stride that would not look out of place on Python`s Ministry of Silly walks to make a pace of 3 foot, and just stepping out 10 times is about 8 yards. Referees need to make 12 steps to reach 10 yards.
Now we have the vanishing spray, the next piece of equipment to hook on the referees belt should be a measuring tape..

JimBHibees
21-02-2015, 10:59 PM
A gripe of mines is something that all referees do, and that today`s did on 2 or 3 occasions was when he is using his spray, instead of pacing out a proper 10 yards he just takes 10 standard walking steps then sprays his line there. It takes a stride that would not look out of place on Python`s Ministry of Silly walks to make a pace of 3 foot, and just stepping out 10 times is about 8 yards. Referees need to make 12 steps to reach 10 yards.
Now we have the vanishing spray, the next piece of equipment to hook on the referees belt should be a measuring tape..

One of the free kicks he did about 8 small steps which equated to about 7 yards. Maybe he was trying to keep our goal difference down as the handball was the most obvious pen you will get anywhere.

JimBHibees
21-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Ref had a shocker today, we had a stonewall penalty denied. Fortunately the decisions didnt matter in the end.

Goal difference may matter.

Carheenlea
21-02-2015, 11:10 PM
One of the free kicks he did about 8 small steps which equated to about 7 yards. Maybe he was trying to keep our goal difference down as the handball was the most obvious pen you will get anywhere.

Larry Grayson`s ten paces would rack up more yardage than Greg Aitken`s this afternoon.

Onion
21-02-2015, 11:15 PM

Seemed determined not given Hibs a pen today, or to book anyone, irrespective of what's happening on the field.

emerald green
22-02-2015, 11:47 AM
The standard of refereeing I'm seeing at matches in Scotland seems to me to be getting worse. The evidence is there for all to see.

Maybe it's because with cameras all over the place referees and their assistants (lets not forget them - they are often just as bad) performance is highlighted more? In days gone by, it was easier for them, and their supervisors, to get away with murder and then just hide.

erin go bragh
22-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Couldnt believe my eyes when Watson was chopped down in the box and the ref waved play on !! Unfinbelievable !

Ggtth

brog
22-02-2015, 03:53 PM
After 20 minutes I said that the ref had no feel for the game whatsoever. He was very lucky yesterday that it was a completely one sided game & his incompetence didn't hurt us. If he's ever in charge of a keenly contested major game there could be mayhem!