PDA

View Full Version : Games gone undefeated. ...

Leithenhibby
21-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Having a wee dispute with my son :re games undefeated. ..

After today's game, how many?

Cheers ;-)

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Eleven.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Eleven.

Does this include scottish cup games?

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Does this include scottish cup games?

Yes.

It's ten if you're only counting league games.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Yes.

It's ten if you're only counting league games.

Ok, thanks

Leithenhibby
21-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks for that.
Part 2 of the question.

We've lost one game in how many?

PatHead
21-02-2015, 08:29 PM
In 90 mins 1 in 22

Dundee Utd penalties was 16 games ago

Leithenhibby
21-02-2015, 08:38 PM
In 90 mins 1 in 22

Thanks for that, PH. I thought it was 23 after today with my son saying 19...

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 08:43 PM
In 90 mins 1 in 22

I take it you're just taking the Dundee Utd out of the equation?

Otherwise it's 1 defeat in 23 games.

PatHead
21-02-2015, 09:47 PM

Do we count it or ignore it? Can't have it both ways surely?

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Because we technically drew the match you can count it can't you?

Gavin1875
21-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Count it. Weren't beating in open play, penalties are a lottery

PatHead
21-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Count it. Weren't beating in open play, penalties are a lottery

OK 1 in 23 then.

Cropley10
22-02-2015, 02:29 PM
QOTS away last defeat (beaten them there since)?

Andy74
22-02-2015, 02:35 PM
QOTS away last defeat (beaten them there since)?

Falkirk away.

Alfred E Newman
22-02-2015, 02:36 PM

Not good enough for some. Until there is some sign of improvement , Petrie goes and the pies are cheaper they won't be back.

Cropley10
22-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Falkirk away.

So it was :aok:

Ozyhibby
24-02-2015, 03:46 AM
Not good enough for some. Until there is some sign of improvement , Petrie goes and the pies are cheaper they won't be back.

It's not actually good enough. Since the run started we have fallen further and further behind Hearts.
It's not stopping me attending but let's not kid on this season has not been a runaway success.

KeithTheHibby
24-02-2015, 06:25 AM
It's not actually good enough. Since the run started we have fallen further and further behind Hearts.
It's not stopping me attending but let's not kid on this season has not been a runaway success.

You don't think the run hearts have had has been rather freak? Not another league in Europe has runaway leaders by this margin.

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2015, 06:28 AM
You don't think the run hearts have had has been rather freak? Not another league in Europe has runaway leaders by this margin.

What difference does it make, freak? They have done it we haven't, they don't think it freak.

California-Hibs
24-02-2015, 06:42 AM

Infact, this season has been a success, a major success at that! We've experienced a completely new playing style, one that is very exciting and enjoyable to watch.

This is because of the new players that have been purchased this season. A night and day playing squad from years gone by.

This season we've brought in a whole new background staff, with our new head of player recruitment in particular playing a blinder.

We've beaten Rangers 3 times in a row.

We have the leagues top goal scorer.

We're 2nd in the league, and have a very good chance at going straight back up to the Premiership at the first time of asking.

We're in the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup with an outstanding chance of making the Semi at Hampden.

We're on a current run of 1 defeat in the last 23 games. Seriously pause and think about that for a minute...twenty three games!

Don't get clouded by Hearts. As has been said, it's been a freak fun they've been on. Also, even the most dishonest of Jambos will admit that we should have beat them in the 1-1 ER game with the goal in the literal last seconds of the game.

These are just some of the great things we've experienced this season, and for anyone to put any negativity into what's went on is just plain out madness.

I for one am the happiest I've been in years currently following Hibs and have such an air of assurance that even if we don't go up this season, we for sure WILL be next season!

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Can we cut out the "don't get clouded by Hearts it's a freak run" and I'll agree with the rest. To dismiss what they have done as freak is cringe worthy. They have destroyed the opposition and basically won the league early, to suggest anything else makes any Hibee sound like a bitter twisted fool in my opinion.

SunshineOnLeith
24-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Infact, this season has been a success, a major success at that! We've experienced a completely new playing style, one that is very exciting and enjoyable to watch.

This is because of the new players that have been purchased this season. A night and day playing squad from years gone by.

This season we've brought in a whole new background staff, with our new head of player recruitment in particular playing a blinder.

We've beaten Rangers 3 times in a row.

We have the leagues top goal scorer.

We're 2nd in the league, and have a very good chance at going straight back up to the Premiership at the first time of asking.

We're in the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup with an outstanding chance of making the Semi at Hampden.

We're on a current run of 1 defeat in the last 23 games. Seriously pause and think about that for a minute...twenty three games!

Don't get clouded by Hearts. As has been said, it's been a freak fun they've been on. Also, even the most dishonest of Jambos will admit that we should have beat them in the 1-1 ER game with the goal in the literal last seconds of the game.

These are just some of the great things we've experienced this season, and for anyone to put any negativity into what's went on is just plain out madness.

I for one am the happiest I've been in years currently following Hibs and have such an air of assurance that even if we don't go up this season, we for sure WILL be next season!

'Major success' is, to put it mildly, complete and utter nonsense.

Promotion by any means - success

Winning the league or cup - major success

Anything else - failure.

lucky
24-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Hibs have had a good season 1/4 finals league cup likely 1/2 of Scottish cup and going to be in the league play offs. However Hearts have had a fantastic league season but murder in the cups. If and it is IF, we could win the cup qualify for Europe and get promoted. So the best time to reflect on the season is at the end of it. But I've enjoyed watching Hibs this season. Shame about the stupid draws and unexpected defeats in the league

essexhibee
24-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Hearts had a big head start on us. Settled team that had already pretty much played a season together then added more quality in the summer. Then there was us in total disarray with barely a squad to choose from. They were always going to hit the ground running compared to us and that start they had means they are well ahead. If we had Stubbs in a lot earlier and had this squad and they way we are playing from the start of the season then I without doubt believe we would be right there with them.

They really aren't that good, as proven by the fact out of the three derby's played we have dominated them in two. Beaten by one-in-a-million strike at ER and once again in the last derby a long range effort beats us. Don't remember in that game them having any real chances apart from that. Christ even in the first derby we looked better than them...fell apart after the penalty miss. Don't get this idea they are some wonder team and I'm sure we will beat them at ER a derby skelping is coming.

ScottB
24-02-2015, 10:53 AM

I don't think you can consider form over the course of a season a freak event.

California-Hibs
24-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Can we cut out the "don't get clouded by Hearts it's a freak run" and I'll agree with the rest. To dismiss what they have done as freak is cringe worthy. They have destroyed the opposition and basically won the league early, to suggest anything else makes any Hibee sound like a bitter twisted fool in my opinion.

Ok, you're actually right regarding the 'freak run' comment. As much as it pains me (coz I bloody hate them) to speak positive of them, they have had a fantastic run with great results along the way. I think they can count themselves very fortunate however that we never had Stubbs in sooner and been as prepared as they were for this 'journey'.

Alas, that have been decent.

Now I'm away to wash my mouth out with soap!!

I will say this though. For as dominant as they've been, they haven't been in the derbies so far this season, and I firmly predict they are going to receive as absolute spanking at the up and coming derby at Easter Road!

patlowe
24-02-2015, 11:20 AM
I will say this though. For as dominant as they've been, they haven't been in the derbies so far this season, and I firmly predict they are going to receive as absolute spanking at the up and coming derby at Easter Road!

We often say this before derbies but in reality the way Hearts set up means they are not going to get a spanking from anyone. Their attitude to derbies in itself pretty much means it's not going to happen. We might win but it will be tight, like every derby this season.

matty_f
24-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Just to take a snapshot of how we're doing now (I was looking into some stats for my blog!) , since losing to Falkirk back in December, Hibs and the Yams have both taken 24 points from 30 - though we've played The Rangers twice in those ten games, the Yams haven't played them - their abandoned game isn't included.

In those ten games we've scored 26, the Yams 21. We've conceded just 6, the Yams conceded 10.

Obviously the season is longer than 10 games, and you can stretch back further and the stats will tell you something different, but on current form we're doing well. We also have the cup involvement.

We are not able to go back and change what happened at the start of the season, the Yams started fantastically well and continue to do well (though not quite as well as us over the last ten games :greengrin).

We should not be dismissive of how well we're doing though. The problem we had was that time wasn't on our side, and that shows from the start to the season we had, but the performances and team right now are significantly improved from those days, and by all indications we will get better.

We need to take confidence from our form, for all that people are justifiably talking up the Yams' achievements so far this season (remember, they haven't actually won anything yet), we are more than matching them at the moment.

California-Hibs
24-02-2015, 11:26 AM
We often say this before derbies but in reality the way Hearts set up means they are not going to get a spanking from anyone. Their attitude to derbies in itself pretty much means it's not going to happen. We might win but it will be tight, like every derby this season.

See where you're coming from but don't entirely agree. Yes they set themselves up in a certain way and 9/10 have the correct attitude, but in sorry, there's been games where we've hit the bar, post, multiple outstanding saves, desperately fortunate goals conceded etc, that quite frankly has been hugely UNLUCKY (yes it IS a thing) for us.

They got hammered 0-7 6-2 with their 'set up and attitude' no reason that going by this seasons derbies and how we've played, that we can't repeat a similar scoreline. Especially with the January signings and our General overall improved play since we last met them.

Calling a high scoreline for the Hibees right now.

hibs4thecup1988
24-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Hearts' run this season is due to the fact they played a youth team with a few experienced guys last season and were preparing for this season last year effectively.

We were not prepared - no matter what anyone says, and I firmly believe if Alan Stubbs had been installed in the aftermath of relegation a lot sooner then we would be a lot closer to Hearts.

God forbid we don't go up through the play offs - however if we don't then I firmly believe we will "do a hearts" next year and win the league by a mile if we can keep the nucleus of the squad together.

1 defeat in 23 is nothing to be sniffed it. If it stays like that till the end of the season we will finish 2nd. Simple as that in my eyes.

--------
24-02-2015, 11:40 AM
'Major success' is, to put it mildly, complete and utter nonsense.

Promotion by any means - success

Winning the league or cup - major success

Anything else - failure.

I disagree. Promotion would be a major success, given the state of the club and the team when LD and AS arrived.

Winning either the division or the Cup - at this stage, the first would be a miracle, the second would be outstanding and totally against the odds.

Play-off's - we need to be in them. Not being in them would be a major failure.

But anyone who expects us to play The Rangers in the play-off's without the referee, his two assistants and the fourth official firmly on the side of our opponents isn't living in the real world.

So if we don't get through the play-off's and have to do it again next year, I won't be too hard on either the management or the players. There have been major improvements in things this season, and while I would have preferred to have seen RP take his leave of us, LD and AS have made a huge difference to things and deserve our support.

Ozyhibby
24-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Hearts' run this season is due to the fact they played a youth team with a few experienced guys last season and were preparing for this season last year effectively.

We were not prepared - no matter what anyone says, and I firmly believe if Alan Stubbs had been installed in the aftermath of relegation a lot sooner then we would be a lot closer to Hearts.

God forbid we don't go up through the play offs - however if we don't then I firmly believe we will "do a hearts" next year and win the league by a mile if we can keep the nucleus of the squad together.

1 defeat in 23 is nothing to be sniffed it. If it stays like that till the end of the season we will finish 2nd. Simple as that in my eyes.

How many of the current Hearts team were there last year?

SaulGoodman
24-02-2015, 12:15 PM
We seriously hate praising the team eh? :bitchy:

KeithTheHibby
24-02-2015, 12:22 PM
What difference does it make, freak? They have done it we haven't, they don't think it freak.

So you don't think the fact that Hearts are 20 points clear is out of the ordinary in comparison to other leagues?

I think in any other league to have a run of 1 defeat in 21 games would have got you a lot closer to the team at the top no?

Perhaps freak was a strong word to use however it's definitely not the trend for a team at the top of the table.

matty_f
24-02-2015, 12:25 PM

Not all of us!!! :greengrin

Just to take a snapshot of how we're doing now (I was looking into some stats for my blog!) , since losing to Falkirk back in December, Hibs and the Yams have both taken 24 points from 30 - though we've played The Rangers twice in those ten games, the Yams haven't played them - their abandoned game isn't included.

In those ten games we've scored 26, the Yams 21. We've conceded just 6, the Yams conceded 10.

Obviously the season is longer than 10 games, and you can stretch back further and the stats will tell you something different, but on current form we're doing well. We also have the cup involvement.

We are not able to go back and change what happened at the start of the season, the Yams started fantastically well and continue to do well (though not quite as well as us over the last ten games :greengrin).

We should not be dismissive of how well we're doing though. The problem we had was that time wasn't on our side, and that shows from the start to the season we had, but the performances and team right now are significantly improved from those days, and by all indications we will get better.

We need to take confidence from our form, for all that people are justifiably talking up the Yams' achievements so far this season (remember, they haven't actually won anything yet), we are more than matching them at the moment.

hibby6270
24-02-2015, 12:40 PM
There's no doubting our form now is way better than it was in the first 6 or 7 games of the season. Carry on like this to the end of the season and we should comfortably make 2nd place.

What has done for us are the 6 home draws we've had. Majority of these have been draws snatched from the jaws of victory. Given our domination in these games they should have been turned into victories, definitely on 3 occasions (Hearts, Falkirk & Raith).

Now, these sort of games ARE being turned into wins and that is the positive difference. Keep that up going forward and we'll be OK.

BTW - anything positive that comes of the cup run is bonus. Yes - we've a great chance of reaching the semis, then who knows, but promotion HAS to be priority.

California-Hibs
24-02-2015, 01:01 PM

Exactly! That's the way it seems with some people.

hibs4thecup1988
24-02-2015, 01:48 PM

10 out of the 17 that started or where on the bench on Saturday played or on the bench last game of last season.

(Courtesy of Soccerbase)

Sir David Gray
24-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Out of the 18 who were in the squad on Saturday against Queen of the South, 7 of them played for Hearts' first team last season.

Out of the 18 Hibs players who were in the squad against Dumbarton, 6 of them played for our first team last season.

bingo70
24-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Out of the 18 who were in the squad on Saturday against Queen of the South, 7 of them played for Hearts' first team last season.

Out of the 18 Hibs players who were in the squad against Dumbarton, 6 of them played for our first team last season.

It's not just about the players at the club though. As a club they had momentum and confidence. They finished last season strongly abd were desperate for this season to start. Craig levein would have been identifying transfer targets long before the end of the season as well.

We had an unfit squad scared of our own shadow, the fans didn't like the players abd the feeling was probably mutual. The manager had no time to identify new players or what positions were required. On top of that there was the fitness issue that Stubbs has spoken of recently. Lastly there was the Ill feeling towards petrie abd the rest of the board casting a shadow over the club. That kind of thing shouldn't effect what happens on the pitch but it would be unusual for it not to.

The team that wins the play offs will be the team that ends the season with momentum, not the team that started the season well so if we can continue with this form we have a great chance.

PatHead
24-02-2015, 09:19 PM
It's not just about the players at the club though. As a club they had momentum and confidence. They finished last season strongly abd were desperate for this season to start. Craig levein would have been identifying transfer targets long before the end of the season as well.

We had an unfit squad scared of our own shadow, the fans didn't like the players abd the feeling was probably mutual. The manager had no time to identify new players or what positions were required. On top of that there was the fitness issue that Stubbs has spoken of recently. Lastly there was the Ill feeling towards petrie abd the rest of the board casting a shadow over the club. That kind of thing shouldn't effect what happens on the pitch but it would be unusual for it not to.

The team that wins the play offs will be the team that ends the season with momentum, not the team that started the season well so if we can continue with this form we have a great chance.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
24-02-2015, 11:34 PM

I know, I know!

I agree with you! :greengrin

I'm just giving some facts to someone who requested it! :wink:

Steve20
25-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Promotion and Cup - Major success. Alan Stubbs would be a legend forever more in my eyes.

Promotion - Successful season.

Not getting promoted would have to be counted as a failure. Another season in this league would be awful and we'd likely lose Allan and possibly one or two others.

Not getting promoted but winning the cup would be the only way this season could be counted as a success if we fail to go up.

Bobby's Cinema
25-02-2015, 10:16 AM
There's no doubting our form now is way better than it was in the first 6 or 7 games of the season. Carry on like this to the end of the season and we should comfortably make 2nd place.

What has done for us are the 6 home draws we've had. Majority of these have been draws snatched from the jaws of victory. Given our domination in these games they should have been turned into victories, definitely on 3 occasions (Hearts, Falkirk & Raith).

Now, these sort of games ARE being turned into wins and that is the positive difference. Keep that up going forward and we'll be OK.

BTW - anything positive that comes of the cup run is bonus. Yes - we've a great chance of reaching the semis, then who knows, but promotion HAS to be priority.
We are flying along nicely and Rangers are in turmoil, but lets not forget they are still winning games in this league. There will be nothing comfortable about it

givescotlandfreedom
25-02-2015, 01:22 PM

It hasn't been a level playing field. Hearts cheated their way out of their debt and financial ruin to strengthen their squad and had a year to prepare for the outcome. We were relegated at the last stage possible and were forced to carry out a complete overhaul.

superfurryhibby
26-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't think you can consider form over the course of a season a freak event.

Too right .

What is freakish is that us, them and the Hun are in the second tier. Whenever we've been relegated before, we've been the big team. This time there is more of a challenge.

Anyway, my laddie, age 29 the big radge. His amateur team play in the southern counties league. Unbeaten in all games and just reached the final of the Surrey Cup, probably equal to the East of Scotland. Not only that, they've won every game they've played so far inall competitions. That's why I still love football.

exHIBition
26-02-2015, 08:29 PM
So you don't think the fact that Hearts are 20 points clear is out of the ordinary in comparison to other leagues?

I think in any other league to have a run of 1 defeat in 21 games would have got you a lot closer to the team at the top no?

Perhaps freak was a strong word to use however it's definitely not the trend for a team at the top of the table.

Hearts have dropped 9pts

We have dropped 29pts.

That is the only trend that the table reflects.

portycabbage
26-02-2015, 09:07 PM

The last ten games including the rangers (you have to go back to November due to postponements) is interesting too, as they've taken 16 points from 30, scored 10 and conceded 13. They've only kept 3 clean sheets - all of them against the bottom 3 teams.

PS I make it Yams scored 22 and conceded 9. Who's counting though?:greengrin

1van Sprou7e
26-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Too right .

What is freakish is that us, them and the Hun are in the second tier. Whenever we've been relegated before, we've been the big team. This time there is more of a challenge.

Anyway, my laddie, age 29 the big radge. His amateur team play in the southern counties league. Unbeaten in all games and just reached the final of the Surrey Cup, probably equal to the East of Scotland. Not only that, they've won every game they've played so far inall competitions. That's why I still love football.

Someones telling porkies (http://scefl.com/League%20Tables/non-active%20all%20divs.php) :fibber::wink: