PDA

View Full Version : Job well done

HibsNutter
21-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Thoroughly professional job by the boys today. We were never in any real danger and could have won by a few more than we did. Some of the play was a joy to watch today and we've found a real gem in Fraser Fyvie, who strolled it. :thumbsup:

gaz1875
21-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Very convincing win, should have been a cricket score, but 3 points in the bag, plenty good performances all round.

:flag:

Capt Mainwaring
21-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Thoroughly professional job by the boys today. We were never in any real danger and could have won by a few more than we did. Some of the play was a joy to watch today and we've found a real gem in Fraser Fyvie, who strolled it. :thumbsup:

Agree - very enjoyable to watch. Oxley won't need to put his kit in the wash tonight! Dominant from start to finish,

WillowbraeHibby
21-02-2015, 05:25 PM

:top marks

hibby6270
21-02-2015, 05:42 PM
And it showed we can dominate games without Scotty Allan, which in a weird sort of way, was a bonus.

Dylan & Fraser ran the show today.

Jonnyboy
21-02-2015, 06:58 PM
And it showed we can dominate games without Scotty Allan, which in a weird sort of way, was a bonus.

Dylan & Fraser ran the show today.

:agree: though I disagree with the man of the match award as I thought Dylan shaded it

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 07:03 PM
:agree: though I disagree with the man of the match award as I thought Dylan shaded it

McGeouch was certainly man of the match for me.

Very good performance.

I really hope we can keep him beyond the summer.

matty_f
21-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Thought the majority of the side could have staked a claim for MoTM this afternoon, all through the side the pace, energy, and quality were right. It was an utterly dominant performance.

HFC 0-7
21-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Only thing to be critical of is not finishing off the man chances over and above the ones we scored. We seen against Raith that we need to take chances or it can come back to bite us, granted today we were never in danger but I would like us to be more clinical.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Thought the majority of the side could have staked a claim for MoTM this afternoon, all through the side the pace, energy, and quality were right. It was an utterly dominant performance.

If they could've got out of 2nd gear we could've had a bucketful. Dominant as you say but slow slow slow.

PatHead
21-02-2015, 07:42 PM
The amount of times we put 20 or more passes together was unbelievable. Totally dominated the game from start to finish. Should have had 7 or 8 goals.

matty_f
21-02-2015, 07:54 PM
If they could've got out of 2nd gear we could've had a bucketful. Dominant as you say but slow slow slow.

I didn't think we were slow today, and if we did slow down it was to pick out where the free space was with Dumbarton putting everyone behind the ball.

I actually thought we moved the ball forward quicker than a lot of games this season.

CallumLaidlaw
21-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I didn't think we were slow today, and if we did slow down it was to pick out where the free space was with Dumbarton putting everyone behind the ball.

I actually thought we moved the ball forward quicker than a lot of games this season.

I agree Matty. Seen a few people say we were slow. I thought we were patient but pressed them for most of the game.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I agree Matty. Seen a few people say we were slow. I thought we were patient but pressed them for most of the game.

Would agree with that.

There's a massive difference between keeping the ball and waiting on the right pass and being slow. A few times in the 1st half especially we moved the ball from one end of the park to the other in 3 or 4 passes, the 2nd goal being the most notable example

bingo70
21-02-2015, 08:13 PM

I don't think it was slow but it was boring imo.

Thsts not a criticism of the hibs players at all though, it was just such a one sided game it wasn't entertaining. They barely left their own box never mind half so there wasn't much space to work in.

Was like watching a training exercise today imo.

CallumLaidlaw
21-02-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't think it was slow but it was boring imo.

Thsts not a criticism of the hibs players at all though, it was just such a one sided game it wasn't entertaining. They barely left their own box never mind half so there wasn't much space to work in.

Was like watching a training exercise today imo.

What was strange that, Dumbarton changed nothing once they went 1/2/3 goals down. I understand that at 0-0 and even 1-0, they wanted to keep compact and hope they got a lucky break but at 2-0 Youd think they would try pressing up a bit more. But no, just continued to sit back and invite us in.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2015, 08:31 PM

We were picking up loose balls and pressing and that I just felt that if we had shifted it with pace towards their box we'd have ripped them apart.

I hope 2nd place doesn't come down to goal difference - we've chucked so many opportunities to give teams a hiding it's unreal.

AlbertK86
21-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Yep very professional performance from everybody today

Could have scored 7 or 8 and denied two stonewall penalties

Same linesman gave dodgy offside call against Djedje who I thought timed the run to perfection and brought the ball down beautifully and was clear in for another goal

Can't wait to see Allan, McGeoch, Fyvie and Robbo all going at full tilt ....

We are due somebody a real doing .... Hopefully against the Sevco in the play offs 😉👍