PDA

View Full Version : Missing fans

Pages : [1] 2

Ozyhibby
21-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I wasn't there today so I'm partly to blame but today's crowd was pretty poor considering the up turn in our form. We're about 3000 down on where we were 5-7 years ago. What is it going to take to get these fans back? Will promotion be enough? Will it take Petrie's departure? Lower prices? Is there a plan?

bingo70
21-02-2015, 04:33 PM
I wasn't there today so I'm partly to blame but today's crowd was pretty poor considering the up turn in our form. We're about 3000 down on where we were 5-7 years ago. What is it going to take to get these fans back? Will promotion be enough? Will it take Petrie's departure? Lower prices? Is there a plan?

We're at a low level abd even games we're winning comfortably aren't particularly enjoyable. Unfortunately the crowds just now are an inevitable consequence of our relegation.

If we get promoted and start doing well in the premier league the crowds will come back.

SlickShoes
21-02-2015, 04:34 PM
A few months of decent results in division 1 is not going to remedy 6/7 years of mostly negative drivel.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 04:34 PM
I'd be interested in how many we can entice back. I'd say about 2K is realistic.

After that you get to the people who will turn up for derbies, semi finals, final, other big games etc. I think a lot have probably dropped into this stage at some time.

Then you get the people who always find the next excuse. Petrie, the weather, not dealing with Rangers properly, the seats not being comfortable.

Frankly I don't understand anyone who can afford and is able to go not doing so at the moment. We are playing some lovely football.

danhibees1875
21-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Before the announcement I thought it felt busier than usual. I was surprised that the attendance was as low as that.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Listen just because Hibs are playing well many die hards won't set foot back inside ER again while Petrie is there. This is clear as day as you just look at attendances and the amount of folk who always say it.

Until he leaves many will stay away and I for one won't blame them. Shame for Stubbs but the dark cloud that hung over us is still roaming around before games thinking he's billy big baws!

Promotion may get some back but if it's another year down here I fear the crowds may drop again sadly!

3pm
21-02-2015, 04:42 PM
I'd be interested in how many we can entice back. I'd say about 2K is realistic.

After that you get to the people who will turn up for derbies, semi finals, final, other big games etc. I think a lot have probably dropped into this stage at some time.

Then you get the people who always find the next excuse. Petrie, the weather, not dealing with Rangers properly, the seats not being comfortable.

Frankly I don't understand anyone who can afford and is able to go not doing so at the moment. We are playing some lovely football.

I think we can entice a few more but not much. Crowds were decent during the latter stage of Mowbray's stint and the beginning of Collins. I think 11K is about your max on a regular basis (and that's on the assumption you are doing well or playing a really good style of football).

iwasthere1972
21-02-2015, 04:43 PM
It was cold and Dumbarton only brought about 150 fans.

Dobosz83
21-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Listen just because Hibs are playing well many die hards won't set foot back inside ER again while Petrie is there. This is clear as day as you just look at attendances and the amount of folk who always say it.

Until he leaves many will stay away and I for one won't blame them. Shame for Stubbs but the dark cloud that hung over us is still roaming around before games thinking he's billy big baws!

Promotion may get some back but if it's another year down here I fear the crowds may drop again sadly!

This. The billy big baws comment being particularly accurate at the Hibs/Rovers game a few weeks ago.

bingo70
21-02-2015, 04:45 PM

I don't think anybody not going to games because of petrie can be considered die hards.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Not even a season ticket holder of 20 years? Home and away he went too and won't go back while he's there. Sorry to me that's a die hard who's utterly fed up of what this board had done over the years to us!

I can't stand Petrie but he won't stop me going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
I'm not proud of it but I went to the pub today and didn't bother leaving to go to the game. I'm pretty bored of what I'm paying to watch atm. Come the business end of the season I'll be there supporting the team, I'm just struggling for motivation atm. I would just like to add that I'm a season ticket holder so my apathy isn't affecting the club financially. I'm aware though that my non attendance isn't good for either atmosphere or morale

3pm
Who gives a **** about Petrie?!

Andy74
21-02-2015, 04:48 PM

I think the Petrie thing is total nonsense to be honest.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Can only speak for myself, but i just cant be bothered putting the time and effort in it takes to watch us. This is a result of a few years of watching pish, and the thought of watching us in the Championship every week just does not float my boat.

bingo70
21-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Not even a season ticket holder of 20 years? Home and away he went too and won't go back while he's there. Sorry to me that's a die hard who's utterly fed up of what this board had done over the years to us!

No, I'd say that's someone that used to be a die hard.

If anyone doesn't go because of who the chairman is then imo They were looking for a reason to stop going.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 04:52 PM

I don't! I think there's many out there that won't return because of him!

lord bunberry
21-02-2015, 04:55 PM
No, I'd say that's someone that used to be a die hard.

If anyone doesn't go because of who the chairman is then imo They were looking for a reason to stop going.
Correct. We've almost cornered the market in excuses not to go. Your either a hibby or your not

marinello59
21-02-2015, 04:56 PM

I doubt there are that many who let their hatred of one man over rule their love for the club. It's a totally nonsensical reason for not going to see this team play.

Dobosz83
21-02-2015, 05:02 PM
I had a season ticket for as many year I can remember but the past 6 or 7 years have been a disgrace. No amount of shuffling in the board room will bring a season ticket back for me at the Premiership prices offered. I'm a walk up now and if I lose 'die hard' status then so be it, it's not like our prises changed from last year. It cost me over £60 to attend Hibs Rovers with the wife and 2 daughters (3 and 6 years old!).

We have beat an on their knees Rangers 3 times and a whopping 2-0 win at QotS. Everything else should be expected. The dropped points at home IMO isn't acceptable and we haven't won a derby. Sorry but the Hamilton game is still fresh in my mind and the utter embarassment is unforgivable without an automatic promotion or Scottish Cup win, especially how we poked fun at that lot the whole season. How that numbskull is involved with Hibs is beyond me after such epic failure.

Brightside
21-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Before the announcement I thought it felt busier than usual. I was surprised that the attendance was as low as that.

I was in the west - it seemed much busier. FF stand looked totally empty tho.

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Fans like me are starting to drift back as confidence in the team grows. We should see a steady growth in attendance as the season goes on. A good cup run would also help.

i can only speak for myself, but I am definitely drifting into a match day habit. I'm enjoying a lot about how we are behaving professionally again.

TrinityHibs
21-02-2015, 05:06 PM
I was at the mother in laws sorry. First game I've missed at home this year. Sounded like a good game so they will come back.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I was in the west - it seemed much busier. FF stand looked totally empty tho.

Funny I'm in section 25 of the FF and it's felt far busier than usual (which admittedly isn't hard).

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I was at the mother in laws sorry. First game I've missed at home this year. Sounded like a good game so they will come back.

FFS you couldn't have got me round my mother in laws even if hearts were playing.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 05:12 PM
I doubt there are that many who let their hatred of one man over rule their love for the club. It's a totally nonsensical reason for not going to see this team play.

That's the thing there is! Dismis it all you like but fans are still fed up at what happened and how we were run. To just say there isn't any when I've posted I know of one proves my point! No idea how many feel this way but there are a few believe me.

Nameless
21-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Today was my first time inside ER since the Hamilton game - I took my 4yr old to his first ever game and he seemed to enjoy it. I'll probably now make an effort to get to another 2 or 3 home games, but if he decides he doesn't fancy it, I genuinely can't see me going back on a regular basis ever. Between tickets, food, travel, a programme and a hat scarf and gloves, I have little change from £80.

seanshow
one defeat in 20 odd games and the crowds are getting worse, sun was out, by no means baltic.

If you are staying away get your effin lazy asses down to ER, absolute disgrace to Hibernian FC....
looks like sevco are not alone in walking away.lol

The_Todd
5 years ago we finished 4th in the SPL and qualified for Europe. Stokes scored 21 goals for us. We had spend the previous five consecutive years in the top 6 reaching 3 cup semis, 3 quarter finals and winning the league cup in that same time.

It's really not fair to compare attendances from now to then, since the time since that season has seen us in the bottom 6 every year since then once finishing 11th, the 5-1 cup final and eventual relegation. In addition to that we had a shaky start to the championship only recently really hitting top form.

It's going to take more than a couple of months have doing well in the second tier to wipe out 5 years of misery.

dhmf
21-02-2015, 05:20 PM
This is the first year in 20 i haven't had a season ticket and i'm picking and choosing the games i attend. I was going to go today but ended up deciding against it as i couldn't justify paying £22 to watch us play Dumbarton for the 3rd time this season.

BoomtownHibees
21-02-2015, 05:20 PM
That's the thing there is! Dismis it all you like but fans are still fed up at what happened and how we were run. To just say there isn't any when I've posted I know of one proves my point! No idea how many feel this way but there are a few believe me.

Will they still hold the same morals when we get to Hampden?

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 05:21 PM

I've no idea I'm not one of them?!! [emoji41]

The_Horde
21-02-2015, 05:27 PM
If we were closer to hearts the attendances would be better. Watch them all come out the woodwork for the playoff games and semi final (if we get there).

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 05:29 PM
I don't think anybody not going to games because of petrie can be considered die hards.

Who gives a **** about Petrie?!

:agree:

WeeRussell
21-02-2015, 05:30 PM

There are a few that would tell me they won't be back while Petrie is there - still to hear one give a good and proper reason WHY they won't go and enjoy the game due to Petrie being there.

I haven't made many games this season (for one reason or another) but Rod Petrie being employed by the club has never been any factor in this.

Not having a go, but do you think the fans you do know who are using this reason would be too fed-up to join us at Hampden or in the play-offs, if Petrie is still part of the club?

Borderhibbie76
21-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Some of the excuses on here are frankly pathetic and make me angry. We are in a rich vein of form and playing some lovely stuff...get a grip!! Funny its a few on this thread who are always moaning about all things Hibs on here but they cannot be arsed to come and support us. Take it u lot wont be wanting tickets for Hampden if we get there then?

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 05:32 PM

When ST holders get their rightful 4 tickets each there won't be any left for them.

Bobby's Cinema
How many times before relegation did we talk about breaking points. It's daft to suggest It's not still a factor

NadeAteMyLunch!

I'd suggest that if you don't go to watch the team you love because of Petrie then you most certainly cannot describe yourself as a diehard! Not even close! That's not to say that he wasn't a diehard at some point, however it's a ridiculous excuse to not attend games now. I also don't think that there will be 'many' with this mindset-thankfully! Missing games because of Petrie is as ridiculous as some of the HoH stuff IMO

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 05:33 PM
There are a few that would tell me they won't be back while Petrie is there - still to hear one give a good and proper reason WHY they won't go and enjoy the game due to Petrie being there.

I haven't made many games this season (for one reason or another) but Rod Petrie being employed by the club has never been any factor in this.

Not having a go, but do you think the fans you do know who are using this reason would be too fed-up to join us at Hampden or in the play-offs, if Petrie is still part of the club?

As a season ticket holder myself I've tried to get him to change his mind and he said he wouldn't be back to any game at all while he's here. Do I think he will? Not a chance he actually hates him. The fans who have walked away because of it I bet some will come crawling back if we make a final it's a cert!

BoomtownHibees
21-02-2015, 05:34 PM
When ST holders get their rightful 4 tickets each there won't be any left for them.

Only 4? I'm looking for at least 6 per season ticket holder

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I'd suggest that if you don't go to watch the team you love because of Petrie then you most certainly cannot describe yourself as a diehard! Not even close! That's not to say that he wasn't a diehard at some point, however it's a ridiculous excuse to not attend games now. I also don't think that there will be 'many' with this mindset-thankfully! Missing games because of Petrie is as ridiculous as some of the HoH stuff IMO

Again I've tried to get him back but he just won't! I do know why he's angry but I'm there for Hibs and Stubbs not Petrie.

The smug prat will be gone one day and that day I'll have a cheeky beer or 10.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 05:35 PM
The simple fact is, if we were having the season that Hearts are having or if we had stayed up and were having a season like Aberdeen, crowds would be up by 2-3000 at least. Some of the ridiculous excuses people have would simply not exist

Bobby's Cinema
21-02-2015, 05:36 PM
The simple fact is, if we were having the season that Hearts are having or if we had stayed up and were having a season like Aberdeen, crowds would be up by 2-3000 at least. Some of the ridiculous excuses people have would simply not exist
I have to laugh at this

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Again I've tried to get him back but he just won't! I do know why he's angry but I'm there for Hibs and Stubbs not Petrie.

I'm not doubting you mate. Just think it's a ridiculous reason!

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2015, 05:37 PM
We would get bigger crowds scuttling around eighth or ninth in the top flight than we are just now.

HibsNutter
21-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Didn't Petrie appoint Leeann Dempster and several other staff this summer which has led to improvement in many aspects of the clubs running? I know some people feel aggrieved over what they feel he has done in the past, but that's gone now. Petrie isn't a valid reason to stay away from the ground.

frazeHFC
Was playing golf in St Andrews today and missed it. Wish I hadn't bothered, winter greens and played like someone on crack.

Malthibby
Took the kids today & even they can see the team's improving. We are playing some good football & we now have some
genuine class in there, & decent cover for most positions.
It's been a terible few years but we need to be there, backing the team. Hibs can't do it without the fans.
GG

1987kev
21-02-2015, 05:39 PM
We were playing against bad teams the ticket prices have never change. We are playing better football but against weaker teams We are 20 points off the top of league there no chance we are not making the play offs. When it comes around the stadium will b full home and away.

Thecat23
I'm not doubting you mate. Just think it's a ridiculous reason!

I do think it's a bit daft but I can see why he's stopped going! He's pumped more money into Hibs over the years than I ever will and he feels very short changed at how The board ran us!

Anyway I hope we can get some of these fans back because we need them!

NadeAteMyLunch!
I have to laugh at this

Why? Do you think if we were flying high in the premier or about to win a league that people would be worried about the cold or the fact Rod Petrie is still sitting up in the West stand? I don't

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 05:40 PM
I do think it's a bit daft but I can see why he's stopped going! He's pumped more money into Hibs over the years than I ever will and he feels very short changed at how The board ran us!

Anyway I hope we can get some of these fans back because we need them!

Agreed!

lord bunberry
21-02-2015, 05:41 PM
I demand it be 6

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 05:44 PM
On a similar note, there were a huge number of school kids in sect 43 today. I'm all for tickets being given to school kids, think it's been a really good initiative-however that seems a strange place to locate them? There was one chubby wee twat that spent most of the second half throwing pizza and chip wrappers at adults in the rows in front. Was even picking rubbish of the ground to throw at folk

BSEJVT
21-02-2015, 05:48 PM
one defeat in 20 odd games and the crowds are getting worse, sun was out, by no means baltic.

If you are staying away get your effin lazy asses down to ER, absolute disgrace to Hibernian FC....

Okay I will bite

I had a season ticket for about 15 years with my kids and at is peak about another 30 folk including their kids

There are now 5 left

As the children grew up numbers dropped off and when my kids stopped going I also did about 3 years ago.

Since then I have seen Hibs less than 10 times.

It wasn't a conscious decision to abandon Hibs, it was just the wheel of life turning, different priorities, different interests and different passions.

One thing I would say is that probably like anything, when your are going and "into it" its dead easy to keep going and keep "into it", when that ceases to become a habit, you get out of the way of going.

I keep promising myself I will go back but when push comes to shove, other things get in the way, as Hibs once got in the way of those other things.

I don't expect this to be a popular post and hats off to those of you who have kept the habit, but I thought it might add to the debate.

Maybe I will go to a run of a few games and get right back into it, but in those 3 years I have got more into golf and at least at golf it only my performance (and a succession of inept partners :greengrin) I need to worry about and a defeat although its unpleasant, doesn't burn for days afterwards like a Hibs defeat did.

It also been much better for my mental health as Hibs used to drive me nuts sometimes and I didn't like being that moany faced git.

GGTTH

jon paul jones
21-02-2015, 05:49 PM

I suppose the irony of this thread using your innocent comment is that the other 5 tickets you potentially buy may go to folk who don't go every week?

There isn't really a definitive answer to the thread but it seems a shame people aren't attending when the team are going in the right direction...

emerald green
21-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Are attendances at ER really all that bad compared to attendances generally all over Scotland? I saw a photo in a newspaper recently taken inside Celtic Park and the stands were practically empty.

Given what's happened at Hibs in recent seasons, especially the way the club was relegated last season, I think the fans who do turn up for every home game have shown remarkable loyalty.

I do know some who have not returned since the club was relegated, but it's hard to see what else Hibs can do to get the missing "supporters" back. The club is better in every way since LD got rid of Butcher & Malpas, and the club seems to me to have been completely revamped.

It just seems a bit daft to me to say you aren't going back because Rod Petrie is still at the club.

1987kev
21-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Why? Do you think if we were flying high in the premier or about to win a league that people would be worried about the cold or the fact Rod Petrie is still sitting up in the West stand? I don't

Thing is we are 20 points of the league we are in no danger of not making the play offs and at the end of the day it's hibs v Dumbarton

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Okay I will bite

I had a season ticket for about 15 years with my kids and at is peak about another 30 folk including their kids

There are now 5 left

As the children grew up numbers dropped off and when my kids stopped going I also did about 3 years ago.

It wasn't a conscious decision to abandon Hibs, it was just the wheel of life turning, different priorities, different interests and different passions.

One thing I would say is that probably like anything, when your are going and "into it" its dead easy to keep going and keep "into it", when that ceases to become a habit, you get out of the way of going.

I keep promising myself I will go back but when push comes to shove, other things get in the way, as Hibs once got in the way of those other things.

I don't expect this to be a popular post and hats off to those of you who have kept the habit, but I thought it might add to the debate.

Maybe I will go to a run of a few games and get right back into it, but in those 3 years I have got more into golf and at least at golf it only my performance (and a succession of inept partners :greengrin) I need to worry about and a defeat although its unpleasant, doesn't burn for days afterwards like a Hibs defeat did.

It also been much better for my mental health as Hibs used to drive me nuts sometimes and I didn't like being that moany faced git.

GGTTH

This is pretty much what i'd imagine a fair whack of the lost faces would say.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
21-02-2015, 06:02 PM
It was cold and Dumbarton only brought about 150 fans.

And cost, maybe looking a bit too much into things.
If we get to the semi final and get anyone but Celtic we will take big crowd through.
In the play offs, again, a big crowd will follow

Mr Grieves
21-02-2015, 06:03 PM

So who you going to give your 3 other tickets to then? Think about it...

Mr Grieves
21-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Aye, lets just take 7000 of our season ticket holders to Hampden when we've been given 20000 tickets....

superfurryhibby
21-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Love Hibs but like the birds, I reserve the right to withdraw my favour now and then. Doesn't mean ah'll no be back, back , back!

Kin minted and that. Rock on hIbby Boyer, ***** ipad panda tomato auto-correct

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 06:06 PM
So who you going to give your 3 other tickets to then? Think about it...

I won't give them to anyone.

I'll buy 4 and give myself the space I've become accustomed to at ER.

Mr Grieves
21-02-2015, 06:09 PM
I won't give them to anyone.

I'll buy 4 and give myself the space I've become accustomed to at ER.

Good for you, diminishing our support in an important game :aok:

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 06:10 PM

Stop digging. :faf:

inglisavhibs
21-02-2015, 06:12 PM

I know many Hibs fans who are not going to games but only one ever mentions Petrie. I wonder if we get to the cup final if these so called fans you talk about will attend? The crowds are down because of our poor efforts on the pitch over a number of years. Thankfully we are turning the corner and if the improvement continues the crowds will increase again. Sick to death of the Petrie discussions.

Ronniekirk
21-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Are attendances at ER really all that bad compared to attendances generally all over Scotland? I saw a photo in a newspaper recently taken inside Celtic Park and the stands were practically empty.

Given what's happened at Hibs in recent seasons, especially the way the club was relegated last season, I think the fans who do turn up for every home game have shown remarkable loyalty.

I do know some who have not returned since the club was relegated, but it's hard to see what else Hibs can do to get the missing "supporters" back. The club is better in every way since LD got rid of Butcher & Malpas, and the club seems to me to have been completely revamped.

It just seems a bit daft to me to say you aren't going back because Rod Petrie is still at the club.

Think the reason it's getting discussed today is that some people ( myself included ) though the crowd would go up based on us beating The Rangers and going second .Also we are back winning and playing some good football and scoring goals .However Instead of pushing up towards 10 ,000 it's gone down to nearer 8 ,000 thats a bit perplexing to me and have to assume folk just assumed we were going to win today and for whatever reason that demotived them to come ?

Golden Bear
Regular attendance at football is a habit and once the habit is broken then it can be difficult to get it back.

The drudgery of the Fenlon era finished me off, I still attend now and again but the days of my season ticket are long gone. (for now!)

And by the way, the politics of the Petrie situation has absolutely nothing to do with it.

MSK

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd I know many more who simply cant afford it ..its not all Petries fault ..

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Tbh I might ask my Aunty Jean along. She's not really a fan but a wee day out in Glasgow will he nice for her. So that's one more in attendance, if she doesn't prefer to stay in thr Buchanan Street Tea Rooms.

CropleyWasGod
21-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Tbh I might ask my Aunty Jean along. She's not really a fan but a wee day out in Glasgow will he nice for her. So that's one more in attendance, if she doesn't prefer to stay in thr Buchanan Street Tea Rooms.
And I'm sure you have some Jambo mates. It's been a while since they've had a trip to Hampden. Would be nice to give some tickets to them.

[emoji1]

IberianHibernian
21-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Today`s crowd was a bit disappointing but given low away support , 3rd visit of same opposition to ER this season , high prices ( decision not to lower prices after relegation still seems like a crazy one ) maybe understandable . But , what sort of crowds are people really expecting ? I remember going to loads of games in 70s and 80s with about 5000 or even less and we`d only get 8000 home fans for a big cup match or European match or Derby . Since then , apart from spells like Sauzee/Latapy or 2006/2007 there`s not been much to expect bigger crowds. Crowds were rising slowly but steadily when we were near the top of the SPL at the end of 2012 but we didn`t know how to build on progress then after 2nd cup final . Anyway , top of top league I doubt we`d get more than about 12000 unless we were there for several years in a row .

emerald green
21-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Think the reason it's getting discussed today is that some people ( myself included ) though the crowd would go up based on us beating The Rangers and going second .Also we are back winning and playing some good football and scoring goals .However Instead of pushing up towards 10 ,000 it's gone down to nearer 8 ,000 thats a bit perplexing to me and have to assume folk just assumed we were going to win today and for whatever reason that demotived them to come ?

Yes, the point you make is probably a contributory factor. I don't think there's an easy answer to this one TBH. It's probably a combination of numerous factors. Remember Dumbarton couldn't even muster up 200 fans. Respect to those of them who did turn up BTW.

I would be interested to know if there was a bigger crowd in Scotland today than there was at ER. Probably only at Aberdeen, and they are going for the title.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 06:24 PM
And I know many more who simply cant afford it ..its not all Petries fault ..

I never said it was??

Mr Grieves
21-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Stop digging. :faf:

if you think I'm sitting here raging at the thought of Pretty Boy lounging across four seats at Hampden, you're mistaken. And easily amused.

lord bunberry
21-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Love Hibs but like the birds, I reserve the right to withdraw my favour now and then. Doesn't mean ah'll no be back, back , back!

Kin minted and that. Rock on hIbby Boyer, ***** ipad panda tomato auto-correct
You took the words right out of my mouth :tee hee: I think

BoomtownHibees
21-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Aye, lets just take 7000 of our season ticket holders to Hampden when we've been given 20000 tickets....

What you on about?

Brightside
21-02-2015, 06:38 PM
The boo for the dumbarton sub "Petrie" was quality today. :greengrin

therealgavmac
21-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Just thought I'd put my tuppence worth in....

This isn't the place to discuss my finances, but I'm unable to afford a season ticket. I have gone to as many games as I can afford to, and I have been lucky that one of my work colleagues and his grown family are season ticket holders and through work commitment for them, one seat has sometimes been available that he has given to me.... which I am eternally grateful for.

However, after a long period of illness from October onwards I have finally been diagnosed with emphysema/COPD and a consequence of this is right now I cannot walk 10 yards without almost needing an oxygen tent and needing to sit for 10 minutes to get my breathing back to normal.

I am fully aware of the number of reasons that folks don't make it to games, but I guess what I am saying is I wish I was in a position right now to be able to have the choice.

So, if you can, every opportunity get along to support the team I love, you love, we all love. As soon as I am able, I'll be there regardless of board members, position in league, whatever league we're in, whoever we're playing.

GLORY GLORY

bookert
21-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Agree absolutely, really disappointed with the crowd today, we are playing the best football we have for years

MSK
21-02-2015, 06:43 PM

As a season ticket holder myself I've tried to get him to change his mind and he said he wouldn't be back to any game at all while he's here. Do I think he will? Not a chance he actually hates him. The fans who have walked away because of it I bet some will come crawling back if we make a final it's a cert!

I never said it was??

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSorry ..my mistake ..

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Sorry ..my mistake ..

No I said many won't return because of him which seems to be right. But never have I said it's just all his fault??

Edit.. He's still a prat btw!

Jonnyboy
21-02-2015, 06:47 PM

I must be a diehard diehard then :wink: Hell would freeze over before Petrie or anyone else stopped me going to watch and support my team

iwasthere1972
21-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I must be a diehard diehard then :wink: Hell would freeze over before Petrie or anyone else stopped me going to watch and support my team

:top marks

Me too.

MSK
21-02-2015, 06:49 PM
No I said many won't return because of him which seems to be right. But never have I said it's just all his fault??

Edit.. He's still a prat btw!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI agree he is ..but Ive yet to meet a hibbie that aint going back because of him ..plenty other reasons but he aint the main one ..:agree:

FranckSuzy
21-02-2015, 06:50 PM

This isn't the place to discuss my finances, but I'm unable to afford a season ticket. I have gone to as many games as I can afford to, and I have been lucky that one of my work colleagues and his grown family are season ticket holders and through work commitment for them, one seat has sometimes been available that he has given to me.... which I am eternally grateful for.

However, after a long period of illness from October onwards I have finally been diagnosed with emphysema/COPD and a consequence of this is right now I cannot walk 10 yards without almost needing an oxygen tent and needing to sit for 10 minutes to get my breathing back to normal.

I am fully aware of the number of reasons that folks don't make it to games, but I guess what I am saying is I wish I was in a position right now to be able to have the choice.

So, if you can, every opportunity get along to support the team I love, you love, we all love. As soon as I am able, I'll be there regardless of board members, position in league, whatever league we're in, whoever we're playing.

GLORY GLORY

:top marksI know a lot of fans who, through illness, geography, work patterns, etc, cannot get to ER as often as they'd like and they'd all love to be there more regularly. Hope you're doing OK :aok:

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2015, 06:51 PM
There is a connoisseur element in the Hibs support which won't return until we are a) playing good football and, crucially b) in the top tier of our league.

Unlike the Jambos, hoofball and lower leagues simply fail to satiate the more sophisticated palate.

Biggie
21-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Sorry but I think it's cost...£22 for a walk up against Dumbarton.......hardly going to entice too many to come back.
We're about to play the bottom 3 in the next 3 league games ?!....maybe hibs should offer some enticements ??...maybe 3 tickets for £45 ?....I dunno, maybe guarantee a ticket to the semi if they purchase xx amount of tickets.....hibs insistence on top dollar prices is imho costing us in the long term.

We'd better get promotion cos another season of playing pish teams most weeks will kill us.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2015, 06:58 PM

GLORY GLORY

Well put mate, get healthy quick.

Reading that makes me want to put my other excuses aside and get back on my bike and head North soon.

therealgavmac
21-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Well put mate, get healthy quick.

Reading that makes me want to put my other excuses aside and get back on my bike and head North soon.

Thanks man..... :aok:

therealgavmac
21-02-2015, 07:06 PM
:top marksI know a lot of fans who, through illness, geography, work patterns, etc, cannot get to ER as often as they'd like and they'd all love to be there more regularly. Hope you're doing OK :aok:

Thanks Suzy... still struggling but will be back..... Hasta la vista :thumbsup:

PatHead
21-02-2015, 07:15 PM
On a similar note, there were a huge number of school kids in sect 43 today. I'm all for tickets being given to school kids, think it's been a really good initiative-however that seems a strange place to locate them? There was one chubby wee twat that spent most of the second half throwing pizza and chip wrappers at adults in the rows in front. Was even picking rubbish of the ground to throw at folk

Only one school got tickets today because I forgot they would not be able to distribute them this week! That particular school was in West Lothian but their tickets were not for S43.

In short I don't know where the wee fat kid was from.

greenginger
21-02-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't know if its been mentioned in the thread, but it is Edinburgh school's holiday week, this week.

Must have been a few away for the hols. Two of my group were out of the country this week.

Lang Toun Hibs
21-02-2015, 07:16 PM

I agree...I remember many turning their back on the club as long as Alex Miller remained in charge. But then they seemed to reappear for the cup win yet he was still there. Then followed a pretty decent team to watch too and people came to watch because we were playing well. That is what it's all about for me, playing well and having success...supporters come out to watch that. Petrie or Miller and others are used as the excuse to not attend when the reality is, on occasion the frustration of seeing our team struggling is too much for some of us to bear and we need to take time away...dare I suggest that there are probably other 'life' factors involved too as and when we feel the need to turn our backs from time to time. If we can blame it on the pantomime villain of the time to make it easier then that's what we do. I don't blame anyone for staying away, we've all been tortured by what we've seen over the years. Playing well and success on the park will gradually draw people back as and when circumstances are right for them. In the meantime, those of us who do go need to do what we can to urge the team on. Glory glory!

Billychaotic182
21-02-2015, 07:18 PM
I live in Aberdeen and work weekends so I can only get to a few games. Doesn't make me any less a hibee

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=PatHead;4308926]Only one school got tickets today because I forgot they would not be able to distribute them this week! That particular school was in West Lothian but their tickets were not for S43.

In short I don't know where the wee fat kid was from.[/QUOTE
Hmm, not sure where all the kids came from then? Strange

Scottie
21-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Financially I think everyone is still feeling the pinch.

Simply people feel they have better things to spend their hard earned cash on which is their choice than watching Hibs at the moment.

The only way the majority will be back is a successful team on the park.

hibeerealist
21-02-2015, 07:29 PM
I had a season ticket for as many year I can remember but the past 6 or 7 years have been a disgrace. No amount of shuffling in the board room will bring a season ticket back for me at the Premiership prices offered. I'm a walk up now and if I lose 'die hard' status then so be it, it's not like our prises changed from last year. It cost me over £60 to attend Hibs Rovers with the wife and 2 daughters (3 and 6 years old!).

We have beat an on their knees Rangers 3 times and a whopping 2-0 win at QotS. Everything else should be expected. The dropped points at home IMO isn't acceptable and we haven't won a derby. Sorry but the Hamilton game is still fresh in my mind and the utter embarassment is unforgivable without an automatic promotion or Scottish Cup win, especially how we poked fun at that lot the whole season. How that numbskull is involved with Hibs is beyond me after such epic failure.

I would say you summed that up pretty well Dobosz and there are many who feel the same way. There reluctance to run back to ER is NOT because Petrie is still there although we put much of the blame for the last 6/7 seasons at his door. He did a lot of good for the club but lost a great deal of our respect for other "lack of action/support for wrong people". The list is quite long but one example is treatment of JC and the opposite with Calderfud - that whole scenario was embarrassing and the embarassments continued thereafter. The pain for us non returners is STILL VERY RAW!!

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2015, 07:36 PM
I live in Aberdeen and work weekends so I can only get to a few games. Doesn't make me any less a hibee

You are right, it doesn't. Always said that if circumstances mean you can only attend matches a few times a season and you go to these games you are every bit as good a supporter as folk like me who have no barriers to going :aok:

Stranraer
Promotion will obviously bring a lot of fans back as would lowering ticket prices. For those of us who don't live in Edinburgh £22 is quite a big ask on top of travel + accommodation.

PatHead
I wish more folk would come along but understand a lot of supporters have got out of the habit. Once you break a habit it is hard to get back into it.

What I would say is that anyone who isn't going is missing out on the start of something special. There are some quality players in the team just now and you should enjoy it whilst you can.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 07:37 PM
I would say you summed that up pretty well Dobosz and there are many who feel the same way. There reluctance to run back to ER is NOT because Petrie is still there although we put much of the blame for the last 6/7 seasons at his door. He did a lot of good for the club but lost a great deal of our respect for other "lack of action/support for wrong people". The list is quite long but one example is treatment of JC and the opposite with Calderfud - that whole scenario was embarrassing and the embarassments continued thereafter. The pain for us non returners is STILL VERY RAW!!

What was that?

Glorious St Pat
21-02-2015, 07:54 PM
I've tried but they are not coming back. We've lost 3,000 fans on the back of where we are are.

AlbertK86
21-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Have to disagree.

I personally know at least 20 ex regulars who refuse to return until he goes.

None went with my crowd and all went with different pockets of 4-5 mates and none of their mates go either for the same reasons

We were discussing it at the game today and all the other 4 I go with tell similar stories

Rod is now lording over what appear to be better times again and seems to be putting himself more in the limelight again.

I reckon if he left completely the gate would immediately increase by 1-2k and others would return if we keep the momentum going into the play offs

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2015, 07:57 PM
It was a low crowd today, considering our good form lately and on the back of another win at Ibrox.

My definition of myself as a Hibs fan is that I support the club come what may. The clubs fortunes on or off the park are of no consequence to my 'active' support and anyway I prefer to do my protesting and moaning from a seat at Easter Road .... the fact that I can also do it on here is just a bonus :greengrin

I'm not going to try to persuade folk who aren't going any more to change their minds, some have valid reasons and some don't. Nobody is obliged to go to games. But I will say that if your reason for not going is anything less than a financial or health one then you aren't as good a Hibby as me ..... so there http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Glorious St Pat
21-02-2015, 07:58 PM
They won't come back for whatever reason - be it Petrie, the price, the cold. We are left with a 8,000 hard core and that's it....saddens me to say.

SteveHFC
21-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I still don't blame anyone for not attending this season. The tickets prices this season are disgusting.

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Have to disagree.

None went with my crowd and all went with different pockets of 4-5 mates and none of their mates go either for the same reasons

We were discussing it at the game today and all the other 4 I go with tell similar stories

Rod is now lording over what appear to be better times again and seems to be putting himself more in the limelight again.

I reckon if he left completely the gate would immediately increase by 1-2k and others would return if we keep the momentum going into the play offs

Eh? Apart from his BTG jaunts, we've not heard a peep from him since the AGM.

cmcd
21-02-2015, 08:02 PM

None of us will ever forget the past few years but we can put it aside and support AS LD and the team They are all doing a great job

Lago
21-02-2015, 08:06 PM
I think a lot of people use Rod Petrie purely as an excuse. Some one earlier mentioned the Alec Miller years and I remember them well and the cries of Miller the hun, so there is always a fall guy.
In all my years following hibs, 40+, I have seen attendances vary year on year, good times 12000 to 13000, bad times 7500. Hibs in my opinion have as a core support probably 9000 to 95000, the rest are floaters who come and go, cup final attendances prove that.

HappyAsHellas
21-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Have to disagree.

If Petrie left tomorrow I reckon we'd maybe get another 100 - 150 folk returning, as claiming it's thousands is pure fantasy. When we're back in the SPL and still playing good football the crowds will increase again on a regular basis. We got 15,000 at the huns game so was this the anti Petrie brigade having a day off - nah.

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Frankly I don't understand anyone who can afford and is able to go not doing so at the moment. We are playing some lovely football. you seem realistic, but at the same time are you not part of a group who have recently stated that we WILL get around 13-15000 at the next cup game? imho I have stated that we will get nothing near that. Hibs fans in their thousands, have just turned their backs on our club because of the continual kick in the baws that they received over 20 years +. I am one of the few from my local that still go. the guys in the boozer are still Hibbies, and will fill the pub if our game is on tv, and that is home or away.they wont go, incase we get another kick in the nads and I cant see many of the guys I know,going back on a regular basis until we win the cup. If that were to happen, we'd practically fill the place.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2015, 08:14 PM
you seem realistic, but at the same time are you not part of a group who have recently stated that we WILL get around 13-15000 at the next cup game? imho I have stated that we will get nothing near that. Hibs fans in their thousands, have just turned their backs on our club because of the continual kick in the baws that they received over 20 years +. I am one of the few from my local that still go. the guys in the boozer are still Hibbies, and will fill the pub if our game is on tv, and that is home or away.they wont go, incase we get another kick in the nads and I cant see many of the guys I know,going back on a regular basis until we win the cup. If that were to happen, we'd practically fill the place.

I never said anything about getting 13-15K at the cup game.

I remember saying 10K would have been realistic if it was Spartans as they would have brought 1.5K plus.

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I wish more folk would come along but understand a lot of supporters have got out of the habit. Once you break a habit it is hard to get back into it.

What I would say is that anyone who isn't going is missing out on the start of something special. There are some quality players in the team just now and you should enjoy it whilst you can.agree with your comments about the players. problem is, that former diehards can only see what's happened before, and that means losing the core of the team before it got to the winning post. we have to win something now, or they will be lost forever, not just for a year or two.

PatHead
21-02-2015, 08:19 PM
I still don't blame anyone for not attending this season. The tickets prices this season are disgusting.

Not having a go at you Stevie, don't know if you were at the game or not.

Two questions for anyone who cares to answer.

What would you feel was a reasonable price?

Will the lower price make you go to the cup game?

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:20 PM
I never said anything about getting 13-15K at the cup game.

I remember saying 10K would have been realistic if it was Spartans as they would have brought 1.5K plus.apologies then although there were a few on here recently stating those kind of figures. you are a realist, if your crowd v Spartans is what you said.

Famous Fiver
21-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Could have offered first dibs at a semi final, or dare I say it a Cup Final ticket guarantee, if you hung on to todays stub.

Would have doubled the crowd.

PatHead
21-02-2015, 08:25 PM
agree with your comments about the players. problem is, that former diehards can only see what's happened before, and that means losing the core of the team before it got to the winning post. we have to win something now, or they will be lost forever, not just for a year or two.

It is alright the cup is in the bag............you heard it here first

monktonharp
21-02-2015, 08:30 PM
It is alright the cup is in the bag............you heard it here first we will win it some day, and it would be ever so sweet for a team from the lower league to do it:wink:

hibeerealist
21-02-2015, 08:33 PM
What was that?

All well documented Blackpool, holds a meeting with players demonstrated a lack o support for his manager and with Calderfud he (Caderfud) rubbed our noses I It and RP continued to keep him and his "bag o sweeties" at ER DESPITE being offered compo for the fud!!

PatHead
21-02-2015, 08:35 PM
we will win it some day, and it would be ever so sweet for a team from the lower league to do it:wink:

:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

As long as it is us!

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 08:39 PM
All well documented Blackpool, holds a meeting with players demonstrated a lack o support for his manager and with Calderfud he (Caderfud) rubbed our noses I It and RP continued to keep him and his "bag o sweeties" at ER DESPITE being offered compo for the fud!!

Where?

21-02-2015, 08:42 PM
I support hibs and I will support them regardless of who is in charge.

Hibs are winning and not only that, we are playing attractive football. I wish the stay away fans would start to get back.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Where?

Peeve - are you trying to convince us that it didn't happen?

Swedish hibee
21-02-2015, 08:50 PM
It's ironic that we had bigger crowds last season...

The Hibs team can't do any better than they're doing just now, and the deserve the backing of the 'fans' regardless who we are playing. If we want to keep Scott Allan, sign Dylan, Fraser etc etc then we need money to do so.

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Peeve - are you trying to convince us that it didn't happen?

Not at all. My understanding is that the players requested a meeting with Petrie, he met them and backed Collins. That's not the "well documented" version being promoted by hibeerealist.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 08:54 PM

He told the players in no uncertain terms who was in charge. Petrie backed Collins to the hilt over the players revolt.

whiskyhibby
21-02-2015, 08:56 PM
None of us will ever forget the past few years but we can put it aside and support AS LD and the team They are all doing a great job

Completely agree, .........let's support the team

Carheenlea
21-02-2015, 09:01 PM
It must be disheartening for Alan Stubbs, Leeann Dempster and the players that despite all the effort in trying to turn the club around and with a playing style that is enjoyable to watch, we still can`t entice any more supporters to come along to Easter Road.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 09:10 PM
We had more fans today, than Dundee Utd v St Johnstone!
Jan/Feb is always an expensive time for families, add in the cold weather, and a poor visiting support, and we were never likely to get a big crowd.
I've spoken to a lot of lapsed supporters, and we're not far from getting a lot of them back

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Since winning the League Cup in 2007 and up till the last six months, we've pretty much (arguably only punctuated by the first part of Hughes tenure) had seven years of steady, depressing decline. We've lost a cup final in atrocious circumstances to financially doped cheating rivals, suffered a humiliating relegation by play-off from a strong position and watched generally eye-bleeding football that you'd scarcely wish on a Jambo. You can pretty much ride out one season from hell (like Hearts did) but we didn't lose those numbers over a few months and we won't get them back over this time.

On a personal level, I have to admit I haven't been able to get excited about us in the this division. Even the Huns rout, though satisfying socially, felt like what it was in footballing terms - beating a poor lower league team. I also haven't been able to shake off the feeling of impending doom that has sank into my psyche over the last few years, regarding all matters Hibs.

This doesn't square with rationality. We have a great stadium, training centre, and now a dynamic chief executive and bright, smart management team to compliment them. We are in a much better position than practically all our rivals to enjoy a period of sustained success and growth.

However, this feeling of impending doom and bitter disappointment imbedded itself over a period of time, and I think it'll take a bit more time to shift. Getting back into the top flight and the right end of the table would probably, for me, be the visible sign that this has happened. I know it seems disloyal and non-uber, I respect those whose zeal I once shared telling me that I'm a ham shanker/fair weather supporter/glory hunter etc, but this is about where I am at the moment.

I have been to a handful of games this season, probably the fewest since I lived and worked abroad. Around 20 of us used to go regularly. Now it's only 4, with up to another 6 on good days. It's partly tied in with time-of-life issues, we are all at an age when other commitments/interests take precedence. So personally, it feels a bit like the end of an era. I sincerely hope not, because I love Hibs. Going just feels a bit different now and nowhere near as good, for the reasons stated above.

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 09:16 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=68388

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=77775

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=27106

I don't think we should start to panic just yet.

Lago
21-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Since winning the League Cup in 2007 and up till the last six months, we've pretty much (arguably only punctuated by the first part of Hughes tenure) had seven years of steady, depressing decline. We've lost a cup final in atrocious circumstances to financially doped cheating rivals, suffered a humiliating relegation by play-off from a strong position and watched generally eye-bleeding football that you'd scarcely wish on a Jambo. You can pretty much ride out one season from hell (like Hearts did) but we didn't lose those numbers over a few months and we won't get them back over this time.

On a personal level, I have to admit I haven't been able to get excited about us in the this division. Even the Huns rout, though satisfying socially, felt like what it was in footballing terms - beating a poor lower league team. I also haven't been able to shake off the feeling of impending doom that has sank into my psyche over the last few years, regarding all matters Hibs.

This doesn't square with rationality. We have a great stadium, training centre, and now a dynamic chief executive and bright, smart management team to compliment them. We are in a much better position than practically all our rivals to enjoy a period of sustained success and growth.

However, this feeling of impending doom and bitter disappointment imbedded itself over a period of time, and I think it'll take a bit more time to shift. Getting back into the top flight and the right end of the table would probably, for me, be the visible sign that this has happened. I know it seems disloyal and non-uber, I respect those whose zeal I once shared telling me that I'm a ham shanker/fair weather supporter/glory hunter etc, but this is about where I am at the moment.

I have been to a handful of games this season, probably the fewest since I lived and worked abroad. Around 20 of us used to go regularly. Now it's only 4, with up to another 6 on good days. It's partly tied in with time-of-life issues, we are all at an age when other commitments/interests take precedence. So personally, it feels a bit like the end of an era. I sincerely hope not, because I love Hibs. Going just feels a bit different now and nowhere near as good, for the reasons stated above.
Pretty much sums it up for me. I too don't think I will ever get back to attending the way I did in previous years, sad but true.

FranckSuzy
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=68388

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=77775

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=27106

I don't think we should start to panic just yet.

Lies, damn lies and statistics :greengrin As an aside, try as I might, I cannot remember Marinkov playing for us :confused:

NOLA
im a part-worker now and i just cant justify the prices for adult+child versus other more important things that need taken care of, i miss watching Hibs on a regular basis but until the prices drop i wont be back sadly :boo hoo:

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Lies, damn lies and statistics :greengrin As an aside, try as I might, I cannot remember Marinkov playing for us :confused:

Played in the old 1st division under McLeish. Made his debut in the same game as Sauzee did, away to Falkirk

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 09:27 PM

He signed at the same time as Sauzée and they made their Hibs debut together as Falkirk. IIRC he returned to France that summer for family reasons or something like that.

IberianHibernian
21-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Reading lots about " stay away fans " as though there are thousands of Hibbies waiting to be tempted back but is this really true ( for Hibs or any other club ) ? There have always been fans who miss games cause of work/health/lack of money etc and in recent years things like having holidays at different times of the year also play a part . Importance of season tickets also backfires I`d imagine - season ticketholders can`t go and give their STs to people who would have been walk ups . Fact is we have about 10000 empty seats to fill which we wouldn`t even fill if we were playing in the Champions League every year so it`s up to the club to improve marketing ( after years of people suggesting it there were posters in Polish etc to attract new residents in Edinburgh area - was this campaign repeated ? were campaigns to attract students repeated and supported ? One offs like rugby internationals -do club send publicity to hotels etc ? What about unemployed and pensioners ? ). What about away supporters ? Do we make any effort to encourage more away fans to come to ER ? Make it cheaper for away fans in South so we can offer cheap deals for home fans there too . Groups ? Sections of the stadium with unnumbered seats ( if allowed by police ) so STHs can sit with non STHs. We`re all hoping we`ll be in top league next season and if we are there`s going to be a real buzz about going up after playoffs with Hearts and if we win cup all marketing will go out of the window but if we don`t go up some good marketing ( hate the word since I`m talking of something we love not a product ) will be extra important and I just hope club is ready for it .

Judas Iscariot
21-02-2015, 09:34 PM
I've not attended a game home or away since the playoff at ER

Even before that I had only been at a handful of games during last season

I'd had a ST for about 10/15 years previous to 2nd season after the new East was built!

Awful football, players, results & continually getting pumped from the pink beasts scunnered me & I didn't renew!

More recently my wife gave birth to our 1st child, my wee girl will be 2 in April & I can pretty much count on 2 hands how many games I've been to since she's been born!

The choice of spending 1 of my only 2 days off a week with my wee girl or at ER/any other ground is an easy decision just now and has been for a while!

IF and it's a big IF, we were 20 points clear of Hertz at the top, winning comfortably week in week out & ticket prices were about half what they were, I'd no doubt have a harder time choosing what to do on a Saturday!

As things stand the now though, £22 to watch Hibs V a bunch of part timers in the cold or spending the day with my wee girl doing whatever, it's still an easy call...

Judas Iscariot
21-02-2015, 09:38 PM
It's ironic that we had bigger crowds last season...

The Hibs team can't do any better than they're doing just now, and the deserve the backing of the 'fans' regardless who we are playing. If we want to keep Scott Allan, sign Dylan, Fraser etc etc then we need money to do so.

So they can't beat Hearts & Falkirk then?

Thats the attitude that contributed to us getting relegated & our continual pathetic derby record

FranckSuzy
21-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Played in the old 1st division under McLeish. Made his debut in the same game as Sauzee did, away to Falkirk

He signed at the same time as Sauzée and they made their Hibs debut together as Falkirk. IIRC he returned to France that summer for family reasons or something like that.

Thanks, the name just didn't ring a bell at all :greengrin Mind you, to debut at the same time as Le God was always going to be a big ask :sauzee:

Peevemor
21-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Thanks, the name just didn't ring a bell at all :greengrin Mind you, to debut at the same time as Le God was always going to be a big ask :sauzee:

To be honest, one didn't stand out more than the other during that match (for me anyway).

PatHead
21-02-2015, 10:06 PM
So they can't beat Hearts & Falkirk then?

Thats the attitude that contributed to us getting relegated & our continual pathetic derby record

Got to give us some credit for 1 defeat in 22 or 23 games:wink: surely as well as playing some great football.

Must admit I do look forward to matches for the first time in years. Shame it is not in Premiership yet.

snooky
21-02-2015, 10:11 PM
A few months of decent results in division 1 is not going to remedy 6/7 years of mostly negative drivel.
Too much pain to recover from.
Time will heal - if results stay good.

Rasta_Hibs
21-02-2015, 11:08 PM
There is a connoisseur element in the Hibs support which won't return until we are a) playing good football and, crucially b) in the top tier of our league.

Unlike the Jambos, hoofball and lower leagues simply fail to satiate the more sophisticated palate.

Haha Spot on!

hibbymick
21-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Haha Spot on!

Or until we reach a cup semi final :cb i wonder how many will flock back if we reach that game.

Scottie
21-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Or until we reach a cup semi final :cb i wonder how many will flock back if we reach that game.
Same as any other team. People will come to the bigger matches. It happens all over the world. :rolleyes:

hibbymick
21-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Same as any other team. People will come to the bigger matches. It happens all over the world. :rolleyes:

Im not saying it doesnt,,,,but it does my thruppenys in.

Scottie
21-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Im not saying it doesnt,,,,but it does my thruppenys in.
:agree: Me too.
Look at Sellick for example. (Half a stadium all season then a sell out for the Inter game).

Nakedmanoncrack
22-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Not only are we out of the top league but are languishing 20 points adrift, with the most expensive tickets in the league, what do we expect? I think 8,000 today is not that bad to be honest.

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 12:14 AM
£22 for an adult to watch Dumbarton FC.......£1.50 for a standard bag of Walkers crisps......£3.00 for a 'grab a bag' Walkers crisps (which has 20% more than the normal bag........see where I'm going with this :greengrin)

Leanne.......make games affordable (£15) , make food reasonable and decent (Crombies pie, Bains pie, Favorita pizza slice.....all for a £1)......easy easy easy to do and negotiate.

Simples.......Hibs = Premiership prices for poor products :agree:

beensaidbefore
22-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Something that I think is overlooked too often is the fact that a half empty stadium equates to a crap atmosphere. The old East only held a couple of thousand, but the noise projected outwards because of the low roof created an atmosphere that Imo has been lost in recent years. I for one don't find er as enjoyable as I did 10 odd years ago.

gegs70
22-02-2015, 01:52 AM
It's the school holidays too maybe a few were on holiday?

mutley
22-02-2015, 05:19 AM
I'm still out of the country, but I always make sure someone uses my ST so my seat shouldn't be empty

Alfred E Newman
22-02-2015, 06:57 AM

What an absolute load of rubbish.

lucky
22-02-2015, 07:13 AM
The Petrie factor is overplayed. I think he should have left the club but why would that stop me going to watch Hibs? I'm a Hibs supporter not a anti Petrie supporter. I think a lot of "fans" have excuses not to attend but the one I hear the most is cost. But a winning team will always attract more just look at Hearts, they took 7500 to Livingston whilst we struggle to get above 8000 for a home game

Thecat23
22-02-2015, 07:30 AM
What an absolute load of rubbish.

Wow, great input there! You clearly know best Eh! 👍

RIP
22-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Very similar story for me Bob. I used to go with a family group of 7 but now it's down to 2, 3 on a good day. I'm planning for retirement, have 1 boy at Uni and another who may be joining him soon so those are my income priorities. Season tickets aren't likely until the final graduation in a few years time by which time I'll be on pension.
A walk up trip for the 3 of us about is @£100 including fuel so that explains why I haven't been at a game since Hamilton.
It makes me sad to miss out but the corporate approach to pricing does nothing for big family groups. Its a manifestation of the bland way the club is run. Business first. Supporters second.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2015, 08:03 AM
£22 for an adult to watch Dumbarton FC.......£1.50 for a standard bag of Walkers crisps......£3.00 for a 'grab a bag' Walkers crisps (which has 20% more than the normal bag........see where I'm going with this :greengrin)

Leanne.......make games affordable (£15) , make food reasonable and decent (Crombies pie, Bains pie, Favorita pizza slice.....all for a £1)......easy easy easy to do and negotiate.

I agree that the ripped -off experience is not a positive one. Instead of just saying they franchise and that's it, Hibs need to consider how the catering etc contributes to the fan experience. I feel they are in no way maximising commercial potential in the catering side. There should be more reasonably priced products on sale. It's a aspiring community football team, not ******g RyanAIr. Where' s the quality audit Hibs.

I' m a lapsed ST holder. There have been periods in my life where I've stopped going to see HIbs, mostly when it's been poor sides. Just now I still feel let down by the way the club has been run and the relegation. It seems we are heading in the right direction, but it's going to take more to persuade me to part was the cash. I'm aware of so many lapsed fans in my wider social company. Cost of games is a huge factor in not going.

greenginger
22-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Very similar story for me Bob. I used to go with a family group of 7 but now it's down to 2, 3 on a good day. I'm planning for retirement, have 1 boy at Uni and another who may be joining him soon so those are my income priorities. Season tickets aren't likely until the final graduation in a few years time by which time I'll be on pension.
A walk up trip for the 3 of us about is @£100 including fuel so that explains why I haven't been at a game since Hamilton.
It makes me sad to miss out but the corporate approach to pricing does nothing for big family groups. Its a manifestation of the bland way the club is run. Business first. Supporters second.

I'm all for them doing family deals or a 3 match package for the price of one match. Anything to get the bums on seats because a full stadium is always a much better atmosphere and match experience.

But how long before the complaints roll in from folk who paid full whack for their Season Ticket and want a discount ?

Borderhibbie76
22-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Some peoples excuses on here are laughable. ..i have mates who hate Petrie (can't stand him myself) but we all bought STs and glad we did. We need to support our team and I hate saying it but some of our fans don't deserve their club...all the moaning about prices, yes its expensive but has anyone considered just how we fund signings like Allan, Fyvie, Gray, Malonga etc etc. I hope Hibs and LD are mindful of the loyal hardcore 8 to 9k should we reach a cup semi and or final not to mention play off games. Cant wait to see the greetin faced posts on here when the glory hunters cant get their hands on tickets!!

superfurryhibby
22-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Some peoples excuses on here are laughable. ..i have mates who hate Petrie (can't stand him myself) but we all bought STs and glad we did. We need to support our team and I hate saying it but some of our fans don't deserve their club...all the moaning about prices, yes its expensive but has anyone considered just how we fund signings like Allan, Fyvie, Gray, Malonga etc etc. I hope Hibs and LD are mindful of the loyal hardcore 8 to 9k should we reach a cup semi and or final not to mention play off games. Cant wait to see the greetin faced posts on here when the glory hunters cant get their hands on tickets!!

What about considering that it's each to their own.

If we get to a final and I can't get a ticket then that's tough titty. I'm reserving my right not to go. I'll reserve the right to go back. That doesn't make me undeserving of a club.

When you mention money for players, yes, they cost, as do managerial appointments and influx-exit of "their" teams. Maybe once we're a bit better run and stable as a club, with the right leadership that cycle might stop. The future looks brighter, these are factors that will get me back.

Gatecrasher
22-02-2015, 08:37 AM
If people think we would be watching the likes of Scott Allen, Fraser Fyvie, Dominique Malonga and David Gray while paying £15 per ticket are living in dreamland. Hibs have brought in SPL standard players to give us the best oppertunity possible of promotion and these guys need to be paid.

marinello59
22-02-2015, 08:39 AM
If people think we would be watching the likes of Scott Allen, Fraser Fyvie, Dominique Malonga and David Gray while paying £15 per ticket are living in dreamland. Hibs have brought in SPL standard players to give us the best oppertunity possible of promotion and these guys need to be paid.

Spot on.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2015, 08:41 AM

According to some on here, we'll not have to worry about that as they will be offski if we don't get promoted.

Northernhibee
22-02-2015, 08:43 AM
It's a matter of fact to say that for non essential and entertainment most people do not consider cost as their main motivation for purchase but the product itself. I doubt that reducing prices by a couple of pounds would have any meaningful impact on attendances.

tartanhibee
22-02-2015, 08:48 AM
You either go or you don't. Everybody has reasons for going or not.

We shouldn't be judging people for there reasons not to go, just when people do go they get behind the team 100% there's nothing worse than going and moaning for 90 minutes because you May aswell not have bothered.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Some peoples excuses on here are laughable Reasons.

Cant wait to see the greetin faced posts on here when the glory hunters cant get their hands on tickets!!

:faf:

You must feel so superior.

Is this the sort of thing you regularly look forward to?

Alfred E Newman
22-02-2015, 08:56 AM

You could rectify every complaint that people are posting oon here and most of them would come up with another excuse not to go. For people to suggest now that thousands are staying away because of the price of a pie is laughable.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 08:58 AM
You could rectify every complaint that people are posting oon here and most of them would come up with another excuse not to go. For people to suggest now that thousands are staying away because of the price of a pie is laughable.

I just don't get why people feel the need to come up with elaborate reasons for non attendance.

Saying 'you know what we've been pish for years and I'm fed up' makes far more sense than some of the nonsense being trotted out. I wouldn't agree with it but I'd understand it and respect the honesty.

stantonhibby
22-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I just don't get why people feel the need to come up with elaborate reasons for non attendance.

Saying 'you know what we've been pish for years and I'm fed up' makes far more sense than some of the nonsense being trotted out. I wouldn't agree with it but I'd understand it and respect the honesty.

This. We've been pish for ages and its too expensive i think would account for the vast majority of non attenders. All this Petrie stuff is rubbish imo..

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Its not rocket science why folk are not going, people were fed up with what was on offer. And you can dress it up all you like but the thought of watching Hibs play St Mirren or Partick 4 times a season does not float everyones boat.

Replacing them two clubs and there are more games like that, replace them with Alloa Dumbarton Cowden****inbeath Livingston in fact most of the dross in this league is not exciting enough for the price its become.

Its no wonder folk are picking and choosing their games now, i'd guess most of those who have stopped going every week have just had enough of watching the club get worse and worse.

And like it or not, beating the likes of those clubs i mentioned is never going to entice all of them back.

PS i know one person who wont be back until Petrie has gone.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Its not rocket science why folk are not going, people were fed up with what was on offer. And you can dress it up all you like but the thought of watching Hibs play St Mirren or Partick 4 times a season does not float everyones boat.

Replacing them two clubs and there are more games like that, replace them with Alloa Dumbarton Cowden****inbeath Livingston in fact most of the dross in this league is not exciting enough for the price its become.

Its no wonder folk are picking and choosing their games now, i'd guess most of those who have stopped going every week have just had enough of watching the club get worse and worse.

And like it or not, beating the likes of those clubs i mentioned is never going to entice all of them back.

I agree with this, although I doubt many folk would go back yet even if the price was cut.

PS i know one person who wont be back until Petrie has gone.

I don't. I'm certain that folk will go back when the games become more significant and exciting, as long as Hibs continue to perform consistently well.

For example, we'll see a good number of old faces reappear if Hibs get to the semi-final of the SC.

If you hate RP to that extent, why do you let him dictate what you do in your spare time? You're merely exaggerating his importance to you.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 09:34 AM
I agree with this, although I doubt many folk would go back yet even if the price was cut.

I don't. I'm certain that folk will go back when the games become more significant and exciting, as long as Hibs continue to perform consistently well.

For example, we'll see a good number of old faces reappear if Hibs get to the semi-final of the SC.

If you hate RP to that extent, why do you let him dictate what you do in your spare time? You're merely exaggerating his importance to you.

He gets so angry when his name is mentioned, he told me he couldn't trust himself not to smack him if he walked up to him when he was sitting having a drink behind the goals.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 09:36 AM
He gets so angry when his name is mentioned, he told me he couldn't trust himself not to smack him if he walked up to him when he was sitting having a drink behind the goals.

Tell him to go to Middletons instead!

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 09:38 AM

How much do they charge for wine gums? I got a packet for 50p from Tesco on Leith Walk before I went.

I think £15 is a fair price.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Tell him to go to Middletons instead!

To be fair, i know its just hot air and bluster but i really think he means it when he says it. If we get to Hampden we shall see if he goes or not.

Its your old sleeping partner from Dublin. :wink:

Speedy
22-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Okay I will bite

There are now 5 left

GGTTH

Agree. People have other things on at times. That's a fact of life, not a reason to have a dig.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Maybe it's time you got a girlfriend mate? :wink:

greenpaper55
22-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Speaking for myself and after having a ST for years i am choosing to go walk up maybe every six games or so, the others i used to go with are the same and it seems you just get out of the way of going . Playing the same teams every few weeks does not help along with SPL prices is not value for money, i think many fans feel R P and Co have been taking the p*** for years and have just had enough.

Speedy
22-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm all for them doing family deals or a 3 match package for the price of one match. Anything to get the bums on seats because a full stadium is always a much better atmosphere and match experience.

But how long before the complaints roll in from folk who paid full whack for their Season Ticket and want a discount ?

We need to make season tickets better value imo. Easy for ST holders to turn into regular walk ups when people lose out by missing the odd game. Then it's easy to turn to a not so regular when you get out the habit of going.

And it will let us do bulk buying deals for walk ups.

Speedy
22-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Speaking for myself and after having a ST for years i am choosing to go walk up maybe every six games or so, the others i used to go with are the same and it seems you just get out of the way of going . Playing the same teams every few weeks does not help along with SPL prices is not value for money, i think many fans feel R P and Co have been taking the p*** for years and have just had enough.

Good timing...links in with what I was saying :greengrin

Billychaotic182
22-02-2015, 10:21 AM
This uber fan nonsense is laughable guys.

As I said before I live in Aberdeen and work weekends. I can only get to a game every now and then. I still love my team. I have hibs TV so I can still watch the games a few days later when they go up. I've been to 2 games this season. Dundee utd and raith and it took a lot of effort to get shifts covered and traveling down to see hibs. To the people who suggest this is an excuse and can't wait to see people like me moan if we can't get tickets to cup games, really what's wrong with you? What makes you think you are a bigger hibee than me? When my father died we carried his coffin down to sunshine on leith. How dare anyone on here claim that people who don't go to every game are lesser fans. If I could I would be at every game home and away!

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 10:27 AM

As I said before I live in Aberdeen and work weekends. I can only get to a game every now and then. I still love my team. I have hibs TV so I can still watch the games a few days later when they go up. I've been to 2 games this season. Dundee utd and raith and it took a lot of effort to get shifts covered and traveling down to see hibs. To the people who suggest this is an excuse and can't wait to see people like me moan if we can't get tickets to cup games, really what's wrong with you? What makes you think you are a bigger hibee than me? When my father died we carried his coffin down to sunshine on leith. How dare anyone on here claim that people who don't go to every game are lesser fans. If I could I would be at every game home and away!

I don't think anyone is getting at people who can't get to ER for reasons such as money, location, employment etc. There's a difference between can't and won't when it comes to attending games and I'm sure anyone with a brain can see that.

marinello59
22-02-2015, 10:30 AM

So if the major reason fans are staying away is financial then why are Hearts crowds holding up better than ours? Are they that much cheaper?

Billychaotic182
22-02-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't think anyone is getting at people who can't get to ER for reasons such as money, location, employment etc. There's a difference between can't and won't when it comes to attending games and I'm sure anyone with a brain can see that.

I do have a brain pal and I do know that a lot of this thread is about fans like that

However some have commented that fans that just go to cup games are glory hunters and not real hibs fan to which I take offence to!

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2015, 10:33 AM
So if the major reason fans are staying away is financial then why are Hearts crowds holding up better than ours? Are they that much cheaper?

Nah, they just lie about them.

Alfred E Newman
22-02-2015, 10:37 AM

You can slag the Hearts supporters off as much as you like but they have a far more positive outlook about their club than your average Hibs supporter. Whether that is down to the struggles and disappointments of recent years or not is open to debate but reading some of the stuff on here it makes you wonder if we would be better just shutting the doors.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I do have a brain pal and I do know that a lot of this thread is about fans like that

However some have commented that fans that just go to cup games are glory hunters and not real hibs fan to which I take offence to!

The brain comment wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at those who can't differentiate between a situation like yours and someone who can attend but actively makes the choice not to.

Billychaotic182
22-02-2015, 10:40 AM
The brain comment wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at those who can't differentiate between a situation like yours and someone who can attend but actively makes the choice not to.

Sorry read your post the wrong way.

emerald green
22-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Nah, they just lie about them.

True. That and the fact that they have been winning games just about every week since the start of the season. Fans will come out and watch a team that's winning. Hibs were getting crowds of 15,000 the last time they ran away with the old first division.

The Yams also sold a lot of season tickets at the end of last season / start of this season due to their club being in dire straights financially IIRC, and appeals were being made for them to dig deep and buy season tickets plus set up DDs.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 10:50 AM
True. That and the fact that they have been winning games just about every week since the start of the season. Fans will come out and watch a team that's winning. Hibs were getting crowds of 15,000 the last time they ran away with the old first division.

The Yams also sold a lot of season tickets at the end of last season / start of this season due to their club being in dire straights financially IIRC, and appeals were being made for them to dig deep and buy season tickets plus set up DDs.

Total myth about our attendancea last time we were down.

Our highest attendance that season was 14801 and lowest was 8649. Our average was 10433 down about 1600 on the season before. We only got over 10K 5 times in the whole season.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 11:01 AM

An uber fan would never leave the Edinburgh area. :greengrin

emerald green
22-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Total myth about our attendancea last time we were down.

Our highest attendance that season was 14801 and lowest was 8649. Our average was 10433 down about 1600 on the season before. We only got over 10K 5 times in the whole season.

I can't argue with that as you have presumably looked at the attendance figures? I didn't.

Those numbers do surprise me though. I based my statement of crowds of 15,000 on a game versus Falkirk at the end of that season (Yogi scored with a header at FF end) I attended at ER where I had to sit in the upper tier of the South stand full of Hibs supporters, because all other parts of the ground were full. My recollection of the attendance given at the time was it was over 15,000, hence my figure of 15,000.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I can't argue with that as you have presumably looked at the attendance figures? I didn't.

Those numbers do surprise me though. I based my statement of crowds of 15,000 on a game versus Falkirk at the end of that season (Yogi scored with a header at FF end) I attended at ER where I had to sit in the upper tier of the South stand full of Hibs supporters, because all other parts of the ground were full. My recollection of the attendance given at the time was it was over 15,000, hence my figure of 15,000.

PB is correct, we didn't top 15000 once. I've had this discussion many times.

Our lowest, against Stranraer, was just 8000 though.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 11:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season

H18S NX
22-02-2015, 11:18 AM
****** Petrie,he aint going to stop me watching my Hibs,ggtth.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 11:25 AM

That was the last game of the season, the day the trophy was to be presented.

****** Petrie,he aint going to stop me watching my Hibs,ggtth.

Rirrum!

Andy74
22-02-2015, 11:29 AM
What about considering that it's each to their own.

If we get to a final and I can't get a ticket then that's tough titty. I'm reserving my right not to go. I'll reserve the right to go back. That doesn't make me undeserving of a club.

When you mention money for players, yes, they cost, as do managerial appointments and influx-exit of "their" teams. Maybe once we're a bit better run and stable as a club, with the right leadership that cycle might stop. The future looks brighter, these are factors that will get me back.

That's good. We will all pay for the players in the meantime until we reach a standard you are happy to join in.

Watching Hibs for me has nothing to do with standards and results. It's great when those are good but if not then I'm still a Hibs supporter.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2015, 11:37 AM
That's good. We will all pay for the players in the meantime until we reach a standard you are happy to join in.

Watching Hibs for me has nothing to do with standards and results. It's great when those are good but if not then I'm still a Hibs supporter.

Tad uber fan there Andy.

No, we all pay for how poorly the club has been managed these past seven or more years.

Would you care to clarify what a Hibs supporter means to you?

I gave up on blind love years ago, with Hibs and the ladies. I'll never stop needing them, it's just that they sometimes demand more than I can give

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 11:44 AM

Get over yourself! :faf:

jdships
22-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I stopped going on a regular basis in late 2013 and went to watching rugby on a Saturday.
I enjoyed it and didn't feel inclined to return
This season have taken in one or two games at ER but to be honest have lost the " urge" to be a regular
That is my choice and why should I be criticised for doing so . I don't think I am alone in this situation by the way
I still support Hibs by the way :greengrin

basehibby
22-02-2015, 11:58 AM

It's not nonsense - I know more than one Hibs fan who's stance is basically that until Petrie's away they will not be falling over themselves to return to ER. It's not my position but it's definately held up as an excuse by some for continuing non-attendance.

Re the wider question there is a general lack of enthusiasm amongst some of the support which is a hangover from the last 5 seasons or so of steadily decreasing circles that eventually led to our relegation. Many fans simply decided that they had had enough of paying to get their weekends spoilt time and again with such stunning regularity - such that of a group of about 6 that I used to attend with regularly, only 1 or 2 remain - and those pretty sporadically.

Things have definately improved of late under Stubbs and he just needs to keep beavering away IMO - runs such as three wins on the trot vs the huns will do no harm at all, but more consistency at home would also help as I'm sure there's many a returnee has disappeared off into the sunset shaking their heads in disgust after witnessing points dropped at home vs Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, Falkirk et al - the kind of results which have seen our season become a challenge for the playoffs rather than a push for the Championship title as might have been hoped.

So what can be done? More of the same from Stubbs who is doing very well IMO. Re prices - I definately think that some better deals could be done to entice people to buy STs - at the mo it only makes financial sense to buy a ST if you are confident of attending every home game. For me a ST should be significantly cheaper than being a walk up fan - eg 25% - that would give a much greater incentive for fans to get their hands in their pockets at the start of the season and would in turn lead to better attendances, better atmosphere and perhaps some kind of upward spiral as the STs drag their mates along out of the pub etc.

Another thing which is a bone of contention for me is the HT catering - a consistently overpriced load of crap which has got to be a big disincentive for anyone who has other options for what to do with their saturday afternoon - particularly those with kids in tow. For the prices charged it should be possible to put on some grub which would genuinely add to the attraction of going to the match. If a club like Dunfermline for example can offer delicious Bridies and Stovies which have you slavering into your bovril for more then why can't Hibs???

The_Sauz
22-02-2015, 12:07 PM
PB is correct, we didn't top 15000 once. I've had this discussion many times.

Our lowest, against Stranraer, was just 8000 though.
Did Hibs not have only 3 stands at that time (west getting build) :confused:

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Did Hibs not have only 3 stands at that time (west getting build) :confused:

Nope.

The west was developed during the 00/01 season and was largely blamed for our performances tailing off that season.

silverhibee
22-02-2015, 12:15 PM

Think most of them have banning orders nowadays. :greengrin

BSEJVT
22-02-2015, 12:16 PM
It's a matter of fact to say that for non essential and entertainment most people do not consider cost as their main motivation for purchase but the product itself. I doubt that reducing prices by a couple of pounds would have any meaningful impact on attendances.

Correct at least in so far as I am concerned, it wouldn't bother me paying the current prices and indeed I have a standing offer of complimentary tickets for most Hibs games.

silverhibee
22-02-2015, 12:19 PM

How much is it for a walk up at Tynie on match day, simply asking as i don't no.

silverhibee
22-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Daytrippers.

The_Sauz
22-02-2015, 12:22 PM
How much is it for a walk up at Tynie on match day, simply asking as i don't no.
Prices start from £17 adults, £10 under 18s and £5 under 12s.

Category A: Hibs and Rangers

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Adult
£30
£26
£24
£23

O65/FTE
£22
£19
£18
£17

U18
£19
£16
£15
£14

U12
£15
£10
£10
£10

Category B: Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Livingston, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Adult
£27
£23
£19
£17

O65/FTE
£19
£16
£14
£12

U18
£17
£14
£12
£10

U12
£10
£5
£5
£5

GreenArmyyy!
22-02-2015, 12:25 PM
The biggest problem is the league we are in IMO. No matter what the score is in games outside of Rangers or Hearts I am finding myself incredibly bored at the games. I came in to this season looking for the title and or promotion via play-offs, I know it's not a foregone conclusion but it just feels like there is nothing to play for until the play-offs.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Prices start from £17 adults, £10 under 18s and £5 under 12s.

Category A: Hibs and Rangers

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Adult
£30
£26
£24
£23

O65/FTE
£22
£19
£18
£17

U18
£19
£16
£15
£14

U12
£15
£10
£10
£10

Category B: Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Livingston, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Adult
£27
£23
£19
£17

O65/FTE
£19
£16
£14
£12

U18
£17
£14
£12
£10

U12
£10
£5
£5
£5

I wonder how Platinum and Gold seats compare to the best seats in the East. It's fair to say that Hibs could probably restructure prices towards the wings and in the lower FF.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 12:31 PM
I wonder how Platinum and Gold seats compare to the best seats in the East. It's fair to say that Hibs could probably restructure prices towards the wings and in the lower FF.

They used to do that but then went for blanket pricing - with the exception of some family tickets in the FF. Don't see why it shouldn't be looked at.

J-C
22-02-2015, 12:34 PM

Match day tickets at home normal game is £22, the next home game against Rangers on 22nd March is £28

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 12:38 PM

I think the issue with tiered pricing would be there is so much room that people would just pay for a cheap seat and move into a better area.

It's not nice to think about but we've seen people openly admit to abusing kids STs to get a cup final ticket in the past.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Ye ken some of the folk on here calling themselves Hibs fans make me boak .... FFS its a tenner down for me before I even leave the hoose on a Saturday and I'm not rich believe me. That is followed by about 3 hours driving to ER and back on a road barely worth the name.

If we make the SC semi finals and we get a 12:30 kick off that means a 5:30am start for a lot of us who use the Earlston supporters bus. But some folk canny be bothered to jump on a No1 or No35 coz the pies are too expensive or they care more about hating Petrie or we dinnae play in the Bundesliga.

FFS

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 12:39 PM
I think the issue with tiered pricing would be there is so much room that people would just pay for a cheap seat and move into a better area.

It's not nice to think about but we've seen people openly admit to abusing kids STs to get a cup final ticket in the past.

That's a fair point but how do other clubs manage it?

Mikey
22-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Get with the script. There won't be room for them to move into as the place will be full under the new pricing structure :wink:

basehibby

It certainly doesn't help - I can remember numerous times last season after watching a listless 1st half performance with a sense of Deja vu coming over me, and then going to purchase a HT pie and repeatedly feeling ripped off at the poor quality/service/pricing. As a committed Hibee that in itself was not going to stop me going but it certainly didn't provide any sense of succour as it was all going to pieces on the pitch - neither I suspect would it encourage any interested neutrals/first time families/potential new supporters from coming back under any circumstances.

Pretty Boy
That's a fair point but how do other clubs manage it?

I've genuinely no idea. I assume there would be an increased level of stewarding to prevent such things happening.

There probably had to be a certain level of honesty as well.

Mikey
22-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Match day tickets at home normal game is £22, the next home game against Rangers on 22nd March is £28

I mean their top priced tickets. Do they get any more than a seat that's on the half way line in their best stand for their £30?

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 12:51 PM
I've genuinely no idea. I assume there would be an increased level of stewarding to prevent such things happening.

There probably had to be a certain level of honesty as well.

Maybe we should ask Hearts how they police it.

I've got a couple if mates that are Hearts fans that have been able to moe seats rather than giving their ST up altogether when times have been hard.

We're all or nothing at Hibs.

Bishop Hibee
22-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Get promoted and ST sales and pay at the gate will rise. It's that simple. Stay down and it'll be 8K all of next season at best.

basehibby
22-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Correct at least in so far as I am concerned, it wouldn't bother me paying the current prices and indeed I have a standing offer of complimentary tickets for most Hibs games.

If the cost doesn't bother you then why don't you reject the compos and cough up like a proper "supporter"?

seanshow
22-02-2015, 01:13 PM

Maybe it's time you got a girlfriend mate? :wink:

She's been to ER, she doesn't drift away on a whim and shows a lot more loyalty than you do apparently, mate :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 01:16 PM
She's been to ER, she doesn't drift away on a whim and shows a lot more loyalty than you do apparently, mate :wink:

Thats hardly been the case with anyone i'd say.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I mean their top priced tickets. Do they get any more than a seat that's on the half way line in their best stand for their £30?

And what pray tell do we get extra when we pay £28 instead of £22 for a game against the 2 cheaters

Mikey
22-02-2015, 01:25 PM
And what pray tell do we get extra when we pay £28 instead of £22 for a game against the 2 cheaters

That's kinda what I'm asking too. I'm assuming it's in relation to the positioning of the seat.

Being nippy towards me isn't going to make the prices reduce so I don't really see the need.

J-C
22-02-2015, 01:31 PM
That's kinda what I'm asking too. I'm assuming it's in relation to the positioning of the seat.

Being nippy towards me isn't going to make the prices reduce so I don't really see the need.

I'm not being nippy just stating Hearts charge £30 and we £28 for catagory A games, don't think seat or anything has to do with it, we've been charged extra for these games for years.

Alfred E Newman
22-02-2015, 01:36 PM

The cat A /B pricing is probably past its sell by . These A games are usually on the box at an obscure and inconvenient time which has its effect on attendances. A level walk up price and an attractive season ticket deal might help but as I've said before the club could try that and folk would come up with some other moan.

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 01:36 PM

You must be so proud. It was a euphemism for "stop being such a saddo".

What's her name by the way?

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Have a wee look at the crowd today at Celtic, jeezo if we think we have a problem.

Andy74
22-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Get over yourself! :faf:

The guys that are currently going are the ones funding the club.

Joining back in later means you are happy for others to have been laying for the improvement.

Being a fan is about supporting the team not just turning up when you think it's going to be good.

Uber fan? Yep, anyone still paying to turn up these last few years can call themselves anything they like.

Andy74
22-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Get promoted and ST sales and pay at the gate will rise. It's that simple. Stay down and it'll be 8K all of next season at best.

Who are people paying to see? The 'better' opposition in the top league?

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 02:26 PM
The guys that are currently going are the ones funding the club.

Joining back in later means you are happy for others to have been laying for the improvement.

Being a fan is about supporting the team not just turning up when you think it's going to be good.

Uber fan? Yep, anyone still paying to turn up these last few years can call themselves anything they like.

Yeah and the fans who went in the good years built up a profit that could be used to subsidise the years they didn't go.

I have about 60 odd games from the 80s in the bank and other periods in my life where I have followed the team regardless. Does that trump the last few years - or is that the only time that the club has really needed the fans?

You're making out that people go to the football for altruistic reasons, and get nothing out of it themselves. From what I can make out people go for lots of reasons: hiding from the wife, pint before and after, pies, etc.

And, apparently, as training for martyrdom.

inglisavhibs
22-02-2015, 02:27 PM
im a part-worker now and i just cant justify the prices for adult+child versus other more important things that need taken care of, i miss watching Hibs on a regular basis but until the prices drop i wont be back sadly :boo hoo:

See you at Berwick game then.

Andy74
22-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Lunacy.

In what way? People staying away can't claim to be supporting the club in the way that people who have kept going have.

Waiting until we are fully recovered then coming back is not supporting.

If that hurts any feelings then tough, some fans are actually better fans than others.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 02:37 PM
In what way? People staying away can't claim to be supporting the club in the way that people who have kept going have.

If that hurts any feelings then tough, some fans are actually better fans than others.

I agree that some fans are better than others, if you are willing to watch the club through thick and thin you deserve that accolade.

I have no problem with this, most people dip in and out of Hibs at sometime during their life. If you dont actually go to games you are still a fan but not a supporter.

Borderhibbie76
22-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Ye ken some of the folk on here calling themselves Hibs fans make me boak .... FFS its a tenner down for me before I even leave the hoose on a Saturday and I'm not rich believe me. That is followed by about 3 hours driving to ER and back on a road barely worth the name.

If we make the SC semi finals and we get a 12:30 kick off that means a 5:30am start for a lot of us who use the Earlston supporters bus. But some folk canny be bothered to jump on a No1 or No35 coz the pies are too expensive or they care more about hating Petrie or we dinnae play in the Bundesliga.

FFS

Couldn't agree more mate...some of the comments on here are ridiculous. .."fans" aye right the pies r too expensive so im not going!! Dearie me. Still its the same ones who regularly moan on here about all things Hibs. If you don't go to watch your team through choice (not financial or logistical reasons) what entitles you to moan on here??

Hibbyradge
22-02-2015, 02:39 PM
what entitles you to moan on here??

Being a hibs.net user entitles people to moan on here.

J-C
22-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Who says they are staying away because of just results, it's the full package.

Bad board decisions
Cost of living during one of the worst recessions since the 20's
Product on the park
People just falling out of love with the game in general.

There are multiple reasons for people to not go to football, not just ER, all Scottish clubs have suffered, it's about trying to get these fans back to the ground. Take myself for instance, I didn't go back after the humiliating Malmo debacle but with the new set up and manager I thought I'd give them a go again, wasn't happy with season ticket prices not being dropped but have went to the majority of home games and in the main have enjoyed what was on offer and can see our progress so far.

blackpoolhibs
Couldn't agree more mate...some of the comments on here are ridiculous. .."fans" aye right the pies r too expensive so im not going!! Dearie me. Still its the same ones who regularly moan on here about all things Hibs. If you don't go to watch your team through choice (not financial or logistical reasons) what entitles you to moan on here??

Not actually read every post, but has someone said they dont go because the pies are too expensive?

Bristolhibby
We're at a low level abd even games we're winning comfortably aren't particularly enjoyable. Unfortunately the crowds just now are an inevitable consequence of our relegation.

If we get promoted and start doing well in the premier league the crowds will come back.

What, like the last time we went down. Crowds went up!

J

inglisavhibs
22-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Don,t think anyone would think you are not a real Hibs supporter! You are vastly different to those who say they will not be back, meaning I suppose that they are no longer supporters of the club.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 02:42 PM

J

For about the tenth time on this thread. NO THEY DIDN'T. THE AVERAGE WAS ABOUT 1600 DOWN ON THE PREVIOUS SEASON. THAT'S A FACT.

Borderhibbie76
22-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Being a hibs.net user entitles people to moan on here.

Clearly...just find it very disappointing that despite a very decent run of form, a promising young manager and a real chance of promotion and cup progress, many on this thread can't be bothered coming to support their team. If Stubbsy walks away though due to not enough backing from board caused by poor crowds, they will all be on here moaning about petrie, farmer, lack of ambition etc etc

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2015, 02:45 PM

J

But what happened to pie prices?

J-C
22-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Clearly...just find it very disappointing that despite a very decent run of form, a promising young manager and a real chance of promotion and cup progress, many on this thread can't be bothered coming to support their team. If Stubbsy walks away though due to not enough backing from board caused by poor crowds, they will all be on here moaning about petrie, farmer, lack of ambition etc etc

It goes a lot deeper than that, the 5-1 against Them, the Malmo debacle, Calderwood ??? Butcher butchering the minds of the players last season to make them the worst team in the league, it's been a long slow death that fans have just gave up, they need enticed back again.