PDA

View Full Version : Accountability of the club to the fans

andrew70
20-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Whilst watching the Raith Rovers v Rangers game I also kept a close eye on the iPad as Stuttgart hosted Borussia Dortmund.

Dortmund won the game 3-2 but what followed the full time whistle intrigued me more.

Stuttgart players went and spoke to an unhappy home support. They discussed the game, mistakes that were made and the fact that their team are currently bottom of the league.

conversations were had and embraces took place both as a comfort to fans and players alike.

This follows Dortmund players, themselves, doing this a few weeks ago.

Big question is how accountable should the club be to their supporters? I think the Germans have this spot on. The players earn respect by being open and honest to their fans.

I woud love Scottish Football to adopt this mentality. Could it ever happen? I believe we, as a club, are making big efforts on this front.

Biggie
20-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Remember hoggy climbing the fence and talking to fans after a game.......earned my respect that's for sure, and showed he cared.....

andrew70
20-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Remember hoggy climbing the fence and talking to fans after a game.......earned my respect that's for sure, and showed he cared.....

Without a doubt. Need to see more of this. Make the fans feel like they are valued.

stevie-bee
20-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Wonder where hoggy is now ?

stevie-bee
20-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Just checked
Needham market

OsloHibs
20-02-2015, 10:47 PM
They just "get" football in Germany.
In Scotland if a club did this- you'd probably be fined. Sad, but true.

oconnors_strip
20-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Wonder where hoggy is now ?

Signed for needham market fc after Inverness. Think he is still troubled with his knee injury

aazza91
20-02-2015, 11:11 PM
He retired because he didn't want to move his family about every year so plays part time whilst being an academy coach at Ipswich now!

HappyAsHellas
20-02-2015, 11:15 PM
I have noticed that all the German teams go and join hands and then salute their fans after a win, but still go to acknowledge them after a defeat. In any ways it's good, but when you see them all jumping up and down as the fans are at the end, I can't help but get the feeling it's all beautifully stage managed.

Wilson
21-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Not for me.

Just think of all the chatting and hugging we'd have had to do with Butcher's team. Too much. End result? Relegated - but at least they told us they cared.

I just want the team not to lose. If they do I want a positive reaction in the next game. No talking or hugging. Just results on the pitch.

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 02:58 AM
Imagine the scenes of Liam Craig coming over to speak to the fans after a 1-0 defeat at home to Berwick, I think a lot of fans would not take the oppurtunity to try and encourage the players and support them on due to their feelings at that moment but it's still a great gesture from the players and it's great to see but hopefully we won't need players coming over to talk us through what's gone wrong in games but to celebrate things which have gone right