PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

WillowbraeHibby
20-02-2015, 07:47 PM
On the STV news earlier on, hoping to extend his time at Easter Road.... Given his performances to date with Hibs, it would be interesting to see what the thoughts are of the support on Hibs.net

Jones28
20-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Would a good permenant addition to the squad. A younger and an older keeper either side is good for development!

Andy74
20-02-2015, 07:52 PM
On the STV news earlier on, hoping to extend his time at Easter Road.... Given his performances to date with Hibs, it would be interesting to see what the thoughts are of the support on Hibs.net

If take him if we had the chance.

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2015, 07:53 PM
An integral part of the team that has developed under Stubbs, no problem with him staying at Hibs.

Northernhibee
20-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I'd take him on a permanent deal.

Humo
20-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Depends if Stubbs can find anyone better or not all of his signings have been great so far

Eyrie
20-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Depends if Stubbs can find anyone better or not all of his signings have been great so far

This for me.

I'd be happy to keep Oxley but have faith in Stubbs and Craig's ability to judge a player.

DH1875
20-02-2015, 08:07 PM

This. If we can get better then we should sign better. If there is no one within our budget thats better then we should try to keep him.

HappyAsHellas
20-02-2015, 08:37 PM
He's a keeper for me.

Northernhibee
20-02-2015, 08:39 PM
He's a keeper for me.

Bravo sir!

lucky
20-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Not good enough for me. So I wouldn't give him a contract.

Onion
20-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Yes, yes, yes. Not flawless, but the best we have had in a long while. Also get the impression he's a bit of a character with a winning mentality - just what we need at Hibs.

hibees 7062
20-02-2015, 09:06 PM

He already has

Glorious St Pat
20-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Agree...not convinced with Oxley. Think Cerny is the better keeper.

macd123
21-02-2015, 12:53 AM
For a young keeper with no experience he has done well overall. I do love it when he is decisive at corners and plucks the ball out of the air. Needless to say it's the low shots that can cause him problems though. Id keep him.

JimBHibees
21-02-2015, 07:51 AM
For a young keeper with no experience he has done well overall. I do love it when he is decisive at corners and plucks the ball out of the air. Needless to say it's the low shots that can cause him problems though. Id keep him.

Agree decent goalie, still young and a good attitude it looks like. Calm.

PeterboroHibee
21-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Id be really happy if Oxley signed. Theres only been a couple of games where I think he was really at fault, which is quite good going for a young keeper. Hes also important in the way we play, releasing the ball quickly and to the feet of the CBs/midfielders.

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 11:57 AM
He scores goals. Keep him

Capt Mainwaring
21-02-2015, 12:01 PM
He'll do for me. :thumbsup:

hibby6270
21-02-2015, 12:23 PM
A couple of indecisive moments in a couple of our drawn home games that you could argue cost us full points but overall he has proved to be a good signing. I'd be happy if he stayed.

oldbutdim
21-02-2015, 12:48 PM
He's decent compared to some of the dross that have played in that position...................

But he doesn't command his box or seem to inspire confidence in the defence.

He's looking for regular football and I hope he finds it somewhere else.

QMU-1875
21-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Think he gets better every week, hope he stays but would like to see Cerny given a chance as well

Aldo
21-02-2015, 01:07 PM
If the signing of Cerny makes him play better and be more consistent then that'll do for me.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Can honestly say I'm not fussed either way! He's not great, he's not poor he's just standard! If we can get better then great if not then happy enough.

Stevie Reid
21-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Definitely keep him. I constantly find it amazing that people on here are so dismissive of a safe pair of hands like him, given our signing record on goalkeepers over the last few years - and across numerous managers.

He has lots of good attributes and has fitted in well to what we are trying to do - most importantly, the back three/four that play on front of him have absolute faith in him and are comfortable playing in front of him. Prior to Williams, Daniel Andersson was the only other goalkeeper we could say that about.

Retaining both Oxley and Cerny and having them fight it out would be good business.

WillowbraeHibby
21-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Definitely keep him. I constantly find it amazing that people on here are so dismissive of a safe pair of hands like him, given our signing record on goalkeepers over the last few years - and across numerous managers.

He has lots of good attributes and has fitted in well to what we are trying to do - most importantly, the back three/four that play on front of him have absolute faith in him and are comfortable playing in front of him. Prior to Williams, Daniel Andersson was the only other goalkeeper we could say that about.

Retaining both Oxley and Cerny and having them fight it out would be good business.

I would like to see Cerny given a wee run out, just to have a look at him..

Glorious St Pat
21-02-2015, 01:30 PM
I would like to see Cerny given a wee run out, just to have a look at him..

Agree would like to see him start today as there are few 'given' games for him to start. Infact let's be ecumenical and give them a half each!

WillowbraeHibby
21-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Agree would like to see him start today as there are few 'given' games for him to start. Infact let's be ecumenical and give them a half each!

Good call... Especially if we are ahead at half time... Then give Cerny 45 mins... :agree:

Sergey
21-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Id be really happy if Oxley signed. Theres only been a couple of games where I think he was really at fault, which is quite good going for a young keeper. Hes also important in the way we play, releasing the ball quickly and to the feet of the CBs/midfielders.

There's a gulf of difference between us signing him or Hibs extending his loan agreement.

I very much doubt the club could afford his basic wage as he's probably on a lot more at Hull than our top earner is on at ER.

If we were going to push the boat out wages wise, I'd rather it was for another keeper other than Oxley.

Andy74
21-02-2015, 01:38 PM
There's a gulf of difference between us signing him or Hibs extending his loan agreement.

I very much doubt the club could afford his basic wage as he's probably on a lot more at Hull than our top earner is on at ER.

If we were going to push the boat out wages wise, I'd rather it was for another keeper other than Oxley.

He is out of contract in the summer.

hfc rd
21-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Would be satisfied with both Oxley & Cerny as our GK's. But if Stubbs can find someone better, then go ahead.

Sergey
21-02-2015, 01:56 PM
He is out of contract in the summer.

I wasn't aware of that Andy - that does change things somewhat, although given the nature of the game, if he gets offered a shilling more elsewhere then he'll be offski.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2015, 10:10 AM
He's decent compared to some of the dross that have played in that position...................

But he doesn't command his box or seem to inspire confidence in the defence.

He's looking for regular football and I hope he finds it somewhere else.

I don't how you can say he doesn't inspire confidence in the defence? Is very vocal, deals with the ball well at his feet and and this shows as the defenders are confident enough to use him as an outlet.