PDA

View Full Version : Team tomorrow

JimBHibees
20-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Assuming we will go back to the rotating diamond 4 with Watson moving to the bench. Maybe wrong but think we have looked better in that formation.
Watched the Stubbsy interview on freeview (worth a listen) and he mentioned Liam Craig is suspended and that Sam Stanton has had the mumps so wont be involved. Said Lewis was back training after his foot knock and was ok.

Ox

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Robertson

McGeogh Fyfie

Scotty

Doo doo doo JC

HibsNutter
20-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Think Cummings should be given a rest, he has looked a little jaded of late. So all I would change is Boyle to start with Cummings on the bench.

wookie70
20-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Cummings, to me, is improving week on week, far from jaded. Scoring plenty goals and looks like scoring every week so he is my first pick up front. I would partner him with Boyle who has looked very dangerous in his appearances so far. We were playing well and winning without Malonga so he should have to fight his way back into the team after being away at the Africa Cup. I wouldn't have played him against Rangers but we won so Stubbs got it right. I would play the diamond with Fyvie in for Craig. Usual defensive 4 for me.

scoopyboy
20-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Assuming we will go back to the rotating diamond 4 with Watson moving to the bench. Maybe wrong but think we have looked better in that formation.
Watched the Stubbsy interview on freeview (worth a listen) and he mentioned Liam Craig is suspended and that Sam Stanton has had the mumps so wont be involved. Said Lewis was back training after his foot knock and was ok.

Ox

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Robertson

McGeogh Fyfie

Scotty

Doo doo doo JC

Another player apart from Sammy has been sent home from training a couple of times this week, not sure if he's out though.

AlbertK86
20-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Assuming we will go back to the rotating diamond 4 with Watson moving to the bench. Maybe wrong but think we have looked better in that formation. Watched the Stubbsy interview on freeview (worth a listen) and he mentioned Liam Craig is suspended and that Sam Stanton has had the mumps so wont be involved. Said Lewis was back training after his foot knock and was ok. Ox Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson Robertson McGeogh Fyfie Scotty Doo doo doo JC

Yep I'm with you on this team

HFC 0-7
20-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Cummings, to me, is improving week on week, far from jaded. Scoring plenty goals and looks like scoring every week so he is my first pick up front. I would partner him with Boyle who has looked very dangerous in his appearances so far. We were playing well and winning without Malonga so he should have to fight his way back into the team after being away at the Africa Cup. I wouldn't have played him against Rangers but we won so Stubbs got it right. I would play the diamond with Fyvie in for Craig. Usual defensive 4 for me.

Disagree re Cummings, think he needs a rest, these guys are young and could do with a rest at times, more of a mental thing than physical. The fact that we have players that we can rotate with is a great thing IMO.

Andy74
20-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Disagree re Cummings, think he needs a rest, these guys are young and could do with a rest at times, more of a mental thing than physical. The fact that we have players that we can rotate with is a great thing IMO.

Would be a good time to use the squad a wee bit, we have a lot of freash players for the forward positions and agree that Cummings looks a little off just now.

Malonga has earned the right to play when he likes with his current record - I'd play him and Djedje tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
20-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Would be a good time to use the squad a wee bit, we have a lot of freash players for the forward positions and agree that Cummings looks a little off just now.

Malonga has earned the right to play when he likes with his current record - I'd play him and Djedje tomorrow.
There will also come a time when we'll have to give a rest to some of the players like Hanlon and Stevenson, who've played in nearly every game, some sort of break. Our season could go onto early June, if things go well

dmc1875
20-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Think we might see dje dje start up top with Malonga to give Cummings a rest tomorrow

Ryan69
20-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Think we might see dje dje start up top with Malonga to give Cummings a rest tomorrow

I've never understood this fiction of resting a player....90 minutes in a week running about a football pitch?

They should try join the army... Then understand tired!

Unseen work
20-02-2015, 08:25 PM
I've never understood this fiction of resting a player....90 minutes in a week running about a football pitch?

Very naive look on how much work a footballer does weekly

andrew70
20-02-2015, 08:35 PM

Strange comment.

Anyway Jason has been looking tired of late. So it may not be a bad idea to rest him and freshen his legs up ahead of the long run in to the end of the season.

He's a young lad and given the last year we must guard against over playing him as well.

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Oxley

Gray.....Fontaine.....Hanlon.....Stevenson

Robertson

Fyvie.....Allan

McGoochey

Cummings.....Malonga

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robbo
Fyvie
McGeouch
Allan

Cummings
Malonga

Pete
20-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Strange comment.

Anyway Jason has been looking tired of late. So it may not be a bad idea to rest him and freshen his legs up ahead of the long run in to the end of the season.

He's a young lad and given the last year we must guard against over playing him as well.

Indeed. We have quite a good squad now and surely home to Dumbarton is one of the games where we can make a few changes.

Tricla
20-02-2015, 11:49 PM

Abseiling, paragliding and skiing are all leisure activities.

Speedy
20-02-2015, 11:56 PM
There will also come a time when we'll have to give a rest to some of the players like Hanlon and Stevenson, who've played in nearly every game, some sort of break. Our season could go onto early June, if things go well

Who is our backup left back now that Booth's away?

frazeHFC
21-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Who is our backup left back now that Booth's away?

I'm guessing Hanlon could move across with Forster going in at centre back.

wookie70
21-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Resting players is a relatively new thing. You can see how frustrated Jason is when he get taken off towards the end of games. He looks the type who wants to play every week and is hungry to score. Resting may help his legs and body but could affect his mind which for a striker is possibly more important. He will have a spell when he is playing poorly for a few weeks and he will deserve to be dropped. He hasn't scored as regularly as when he went on the terrific run either side of Christmas but he has looked very dangerous and has played pretty well in most games.

hfc rd
21-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robbo
Fyvie
McGeouch
Allan

Cummings
Malonga

I think that is going to be the starting 11.

007 Mickey Weir
21-02-2015, 12:17 PM
This will be the team I think also

Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robbo
Fyvie
McGeouch
Allan

Cummings
Malonga

hibeequinn
21-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Apparantley no Scott allan has anyone heard this ?

J-C
21-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I'd go 4-2-3-1 if we are a wee bit short of players due to suspension and injury.

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Fyvie

Boyle
McGeouch
Djedje

Malonga

Onceinawhile
21-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Apparantley no Scott allan has anyone heard this ?

Scoopyboy mentioned another player getting sent home from training. Hope it wasn't him...

scoopyboy
21-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Scoopyboy mentioned another player getting sent home from training. Hope it wasn't him...

It was.

kaimendhibs
21-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Injured, sick or other Scoopy?

oconnors_strip
21-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Stanton not in squad as he has the mumps

Get well soon Sammy

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 12:57 PM
It was.

Possibly Fyvie in for him? We should have enough to beat the Sons. Shows why you need a big squad

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 01:03 PM
It was.

What's up with him?

Aldo
21-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Possibly Fyvie in for him? We should have enough to beat the Sons. Shows why you need a big squad

I would hope so following his impact last Friday. Brings something different in the final third! (His ball to Lewis says it all IMHO)

Billy Whizz
21-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I would hope so following his impact last Friday. Brings something different in the final third! (His ball to Lewis says it all IMHO)

Unless we go 442, 2 forward spaces up for grabs

AlbertK86
21-02-2015, 01:46 PM
If Allan missing

3-5-2 as per last week

With fyvie taking Scott's place