PDA

View Full Version : California - The Hibs 'Man Cave'

California-Hibs
19-02-2015, 03:50 PM
So my wife and I bought our first house last year. Shortly after (very shortly after) I had a thought of turning the garage into one of these 'Man Caves'. Thinking that it would be a flat out ''NO'', I was extremely surprised when the misses gave me the green light! (I picked a good one!!)

Anyway, this is the project to date so far and thought I'd share it. Still wanting to get a few more things up, signed tops, 2007 Cup Final pictures etc, but so far I'm really happy with it! You just can't beat coming in from work, shooting some pool, with the iPhone hooked up to the sound system and the TV on (which is hooked up to cable tv) as something to glance at also!

The Hibee word is being WELL spread over in this part of the world by me folks, going on 3 years now.

Keep the green flag flying high! :flag:

SteveHFC
19-02-2015, 03:55 PM
:top marks

California-Hibs
19-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Ps: it's also brilliant watching every home game on Hibs TV on the 73" screen! :D

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Looking good! It seems that man cave design follows the same basic principles for Hibees.....framed strips, pool table, air hockey, big telly, comfy chairs! I've got the same get in Virginia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TowerHibs
19-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Got something similar in my airing cupboard down in Drylaw........

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Got something similar in my airing cupboard down in Drylaw........

:top marks

California-Hibs
19-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Looking good! It seems that man cave design follows the same basic principles for Hibees.....framed strips, pool table, air hockey, big telly, comfy chairs! I've got the same get in Virginia!

Haha, that's brilliant man, and my wife used to live in Virginia! See all these connections flying around!

Now if only we can get our hands on a certain Cup this May....now THAT would ensure some major additions to the cave!

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Lookin' good California :agree:

I'm allowed my Hibs calendar in the living room, which has a maroon carpet, maroon curtains and cushions on the couch with hearts on them. If it wasn't for the fact my partner hates fitba I would think she was trying to take the peesh. :confused:

scuttle
19-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Didnae notice a fridge in there CH , surely an essential

California-Hibs
19-02-2015, 04:16 PM

It's in the pipeline!! Still being the typical penny pinching type Scot, and waiting for the right one to come around at a decent price!

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Goodwill CH, got a 'beverage center' for $70. Keeps beer cold and within arms reach!

California-Hibs
19-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Goodwill CH, got a 'beverage center' for $70. Keeps beer cold and within arms reach!

There's one just 5 minutes from us, I'll have to keep an eye out for one when we're next in. Cheers

LancsHibs
19-02-2015, 04:40 PM
That looks great mate::thumbsup: If I'm ever in Sacramento when the Hibs are playing I know where to come:wink::flag:

The_Exile
19-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Looks brilliant, I could spend days in there! I've got a CIS Cup Final ticket in very good nick, if you want it to adorn the man cave wall PM me your address and I'll get it out in the post to you :aok:

lord bunberry
19-02-2015, 05:23 PM
And a dartboard. What happens if Gary Anderson turned up unannounced?

TheSouthMoroccan
19-02-2015, 05:39 PM
You need a motorcycle in there somewhere, something Italian I would suggest. A moto guzzi parked up in the corner would do it for me

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 06:02 PM
CH hope you don't mind but here's the Virginia Hibs equivalent. Beer fridge, pool table, dartboard and wall to wall Hibs stuff!
The table tennis has been replaced by the pool table. Still available outside though! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/19/3ee5cb42e741ed727612affaf1fe55ea.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/19/e1582ab34dbdd5d3cccdb43596cbf6e8.jpg

EastCalderHibby
19-02-2015, 06:05 PM
So my wife and I bought our first house last year. Shortly after (very shortly after) I had a thought of turning the garage into one of these 'Man Caves'. Thinking that it would be a flat out ''NO'', I was extremely surprised when the misses gave me the green light! (I picked a good one!!)

Anyway, this is the project to date so far and thought I'd share it. Still wanting to get a few more things up, signed tops, 2007 Cup Final pictures etc, but so far I'm really happy with it! You just can't beat coming in from work, shooting some pool, with the iPhone hooked up to the sound system and the TV on (which is hooked up to cable tv) as something to glance at also!

The Hibee word is being WELL spread over in this part of the world by me folks, going on 3 years now.

very impressive :thumbsup: :top marks

Gatecrasher
19-02-2015, 06:06 PM
American based hibees doing us proud :not worth

LancsHibs
19-02-2015, 06:11 PM
CH hope you don't mind but here's the Virginia Hibs equivalent. Beer fridge, pool table, dartboard and wall to wall Hibs stuff!
The table tennis has been replaced by the pool table. Still available outside though! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/19/3ee5cb42e741ed727612affaf1fe55ea.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/19/e1582ab34dbdd5d3cccdb43596cbf6e8.jpg

Hibs class:aok:

Saturday Boy
19-02-2015, 06:14 PM

I'm getting confused now. That's an airing cupboard in Drylaw? :confused:

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Aye.....had to take the hot water tank oot though! [emoji6]

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 06:24 PM

And the kitchen / lavvy / bedroom.... :greengrin

Saturday Boy
19-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Brilliant. :aok:

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 06:25 PM
No there's still a lavvy and a shower in there!

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 06:26 PM
No there's still a lavvy and a shower in there!

SNOB...!!!!! :wink:

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Just remember to use the bucket for the shower before somebody's been to the lavvy!

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Just remember to use the bucket for the shower before somebody's been to the lavvy!

:confused: .... Sod getting bevvied there then...

Ronniekirk
19-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Your Pool table has Bandy legs :wink:. Like the Door

Your pool Table has Bandy Legs :wink: Like the Door

.Sean.
19-02-2015, 07:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's superb. Out of interest, are the First Division and CIS final tops match worn and who's were they?

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Russell Latapy match worn. CIS final and Scottish cup final official tops signed by the squads. Other tops player sponsorship and various memorabilia. Also have Matty Jack match worn and other squad signed jerseys not framed. Every piece has a story! [emoji1]

seanshow
19-02-2015, 09:56 PM
....off on a tangent, VH have you ever spectated at RIR or martinsville?

The Pointer
19-02-2015, 11:10 PM
I'm in the process of creating the 'Sauzee Lounge' in my shed (approx. 5.3 x 3.0m).

Have a bit of a problem with dampness at the moment and need to improve the ventilation (it's pretty wet on the west coast) and it's got the usual detritus in it which will have to be moved. It's been wired for TV, tinternet and so on but when completed will have a neon sign outside, a bar, fridge, sound system and old settee. Inside will be a mahoosive Hibs badge on the walls and ceiling.

Unfortunately my Franck Sauzee signed strip went up in the fire in the pub along the road and all I have left is an old style Hibs basey with his signature and my small collection of Hibs and Scotland strips and Hibs flag. Not sure it's climatically adequate for my Granny's big threadbare pre-WWI Lion Rampant or the 12' x 6' ex-Council Saltire which I took to Mexico in 1986. It wasn't ex then, I just borrowed it for three weeks.

:aok:

The Pointer
19-02-2015, 11:12 PM
You need a motorcycle in there somewhere, something Italian I would suggest. A moto guzzi parked up in the corner would do it for me

Nah, Monster with Termi!

Virginia Hibs
19-02-2015, 11:27 PM
....off on a tangent, VH have you ever spectated at RIR or martinsville?

Haven't got into NASCAR, other than watching Cars! North Richmond becomes a zoo when it's on but fortunately we live on the other side of town.

Laddie has fitba practice near a circuit and you can hear the cars, deafening. Just doesn't appeal.

Bristolhibby
19-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Some serious lad caves there.

Best I can muster is the 2007 jersey signed by the Cup winning team. In my defence I convinved the missus that it NEEDED to be hung above the stairs in the hallway.

J

California-Hibs
20-02-2015, 03:37 AM

Looks very good indeed!

lyonhibs
20-02-2015, 07:59 AM

That's quality.

But where do you park your comedically large and probably unnecessary SUV that are standard issue over there?? :greengrin

nellio
20-02-2015, 10:58 AM
That is immense! :top marks

Keith_M
20-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Has your Missus got a sister?

:greengrin

California-Hibs
20-02-2015, 03:13 PM
That's quality.

But where do you park your comedically large and probably unnecessary SUV that are standard issue over there?? :greengrin

Haha, totally agree with you there bud regarding the unnecessary use that a lot of folk with there SUV's. Heck were we buying one of those, especially seeing as I have a 30 minute drive each way to work!

Thankfully the wife already had an economical Hyundai Elantra! Which is of course parked on the driveway OUTSIDE the Man Cave garage!

California-Hibs
20-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Has your Missus got a sister?

:greengrin

Aye....got married last June though!

Deansy
20-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm in the process of creating the 'Sauzee Lounge' in my shed (approx. 5.3 x 3.0m).

Have a bit of a problem with dampness at the moment and need to improve the ventilation (it's pretty wet on the west coast) and it's got the usual detritus in it which will have to be moved. It's been wired for TV, tinternet and so on but when completed will have a neon sign outside, a bar, fridge, sound system and old settee. Inside will be a mahoosive Hibs badge on the walls and ceiling.

Unfortunately my Franck Sauzee signed strip went up in the fire in the pub along the road and all I have left is an old style Hibs basey with his signature and my small collection of Hibs and Scotland strips and Hibs flag. Not sure it's climatically adequate for my Granny's big threadbare pre-WWI Lion Rampant or the 12' x 6' ex-Council Saltire which I took to Mexico in 1986. It wasn't ex then, I just borrowed it for three weeks.

:aok:

Was that for the World Cup ? - if so, can I ask if you went with a group of guys called 'The Bedlam Boys' ?