PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEWIS ALLAN JOINS DUNFERMLINE ON LOAN

Brightside
19-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Away to Dunfy on loan.. Good move for the lad.

JimBHibees
19-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Just to the end of March so not long. Hope he does well.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Heard this the other day, good move for him. Wonder if he'll be able to play in the Youth Cup on Sunday?

CB_NO3
19-02-2015, 03:10 PM

Hopefully we don't play him in the first team when he comes back. We might get a point deduction :wink:

RSS Bot
19-02-2015, 03:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5213)

Hibernian can confirm teenage striker Lewis Allan has joined Dunfermline Athletic on an emergency loan until the end of March.

The 18-year-old, who featured in the first team squad’s pre-season friendly at East End Park in July, has scored 11 goals in the SPFL Development League so far this season.

Allan, who made his first team debut against Falkirk in December, was rewarded when his contract with Hibernian was extended until the summer of 2018 and now he says he is keen to learn from his loan spell in Fife.

Speaking exclusively to hibernianfc.co.uk, Allan said: “I’m really excited about joining Dunfermline on loan and the opportunity to get some first team football under my belt.

“I’m looking forward to learning a lot from my time with Dunfermline and returning back to Hibs as a more experienced player.
“I’m still only 18 and I’m keen to learn as much as possible, so this loan move will benefit me a lot and hopefully I can score a few goals in the process.”

Head Coach Alan Stubbs believes the loan switch will aid the overall football education of Allan.

Stubbs said: “It’s a good move for Lewis – it’s the right fit for him at this moment in time.

“It will great for him to be able to experience first team football on a more regular basis at a club pushing for promotion.

“It will be a big step forward for Lewis in his development as a footballer.”

GreenArmyyy!
19-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Should be good for him, wasn't much hope of him being given a chance this season.

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Very good move for the young lad. It will be of benefit to him, and to Hibs. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2015, 03:29 PM
"At this moment in time" is now to Alan Stubbs as "ever so well" was to John Collins. :greengrin

number9dream
19-02-2015, 03:40 PM
"At this moment in time" is now to Alan Stubbs as "ever so well" was to John Collins. :greengrin

Something quite a lot of football geezers use. It's very dramatic, like a NASA scientist pondering our place in the cosmos...

Billy Whizz
19-02-2015, 04:12 PM

As in the "group" for Brendan Rodgers

Wilson
19-02-2015, 04:15 PM
As in the "group" for Brendan Rodgers

A term also favoured by Stubbs. As used in today's piece on Scott Robertson in the Sun.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2015, 04:16 PM
This is a drop in standard IMO ..... do our loans not go up a league :greengrin

Good luck Lewis from the Borders mafia.

hibees 7062
19-02-2015, 05:59 PM

Great move , Brechin were in for him aswell

Hamish
01-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Seems Lewis is doing ok, despite results - quote from the manager on DAFC website after their 5-1 thumping at Stair Park

Were there any positives?

"Lewis Allan - I thought that he played well and was unlucky not to score. He is just a young kid at eighteen years old but he showed great maturity. He played very well in the game so for me that probably is the only positive in the game - his performance, his work rate and his attitude.

jdships
01-03-2015, 04:21 PM
My friends in the Borders reckon he could emulate John Collins career wise .
They say he has massive ability which needs to encouraged and brought on
Good luck to LA :thumbsup:

eastcoasthibby
01-03-2015, 04:29 PM
I watched Lewis playing in the Dunfermline v Brechin last midweek, which Dunfermline lost 1-0 and have to say from watching that game, he may not get many goals unless they are self created and even then it will be a struggle given how poorly Dunfermline played and looked.
Lewis held his own and I felt showed some good touches and held the ball up bringing players into the game, but oh dear there is not much for him to play with there.
Positives will be he will get plenty of match time and it will let him develop his touch and hold up/inter play, experience and physicality but as for the actual football quality no chance. 4 months will probably be enough at where he is.
Although only 1 game but i liked the way Brechin played and maybe their style of play may have been a better option if they were in for him.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Very good move for the young lad. It will be of benefit to him, and to Hibs. :aok:

The Pars are pish though, might not do his confidence any good getting beat every week.

silverhibee
01-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Great move , Brechin were in for him aswell

Should have went to Brechin, a team on a good run just now.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2015, 09:23 PM
The Pars are pish though, might not do his confidence any good getting beat every week.

Utter gash. Another big club with a big stadium that's fell from grace over the years. Airdrie in that league as well.