PDA

View Full Version : Random games you've attended involving no teams you support....

lyonhibs
19-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Currently en route to the Bern v Everton game, sitting in the away end. I'm looking forward to it, but couldn't give a rats ass about the actual result.

Obviously I'll be cheering for Everton, based on my surroundings !

Anyway, got me thinking what other league or European games have you been to where you weren't a supporter of either team ?

Alex Trager
19-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Currently en route to the Bern v Everton game, sitting in the away end. I'm looking forward to it, but couldn't give a rats ass about the actual result.

Obviously I'll be cheering for Everton, based on my surroundings !

Anyway, got me thinking what other random league or European games have you been to where you weren't a supporter of either team ?

That's pretty decent. How come you got a ticket for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Borussia Dortmund game back in the 70s, was based in Munster... 6 of us went to the game, don't know why, just 'cos we could I suppose? Canny even mind what is was like now?

Loved the Dortmunder beer mind... :greengrin "Happy dayz"

OxoHibby
19-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Once went to Dunfermline - Brechin as a mate who didn't like football decided he was going to follow Brechin.
We were the only people in the away end at East End Park when it still had terracing.

Future17
19-02-2015, 01:17 PM
I went to watch Celtc play in the UEFA Cup at Parkhead round about 1998/9 and watched Hearts against someone at Murrayfield in about 2003/4.

Also watched 1860 Muninch vs Alemania Aachen at the Allianz Arena on the final day of the season a few years back. A big group of us, mostly Hibs fans, were sat in the home end behind the goals and ended up in the row in front of another group of Hibees we'd never met before.

Aachen won 1-3 but were relegated.

Just remembered watching a World Cup warm-up game at Easter Road circa 2006 - think it was South Korea versus Ghana.

There's probably been others but struggling to think...

Future17
19-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Borussia Dortmund game back in the 70s, was based in Munster... 6 of us went to the game, don't know why, just 'cos we could I suppose? Canny even mind what is was like now?

Loved the Dortmunder beer mind... :greengrin "Happy dayz"

Those two bits in bold are probably related. :greengrin

scott_hfc1875
19-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Once attended a Mallorca v Villarreal game

brog
19-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I did some work in Copenhagen in the 80's & was lucky enough to see a few Danish international games just when they were becoming a top team. Great fun & lots of Aquavit involved! In recent years my company actually opened an office in the ground & overlooking the pitch! I also went across to Malmo one dreich Sunday & saw a really poor game with about 3,000 there, changed days now!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-02-2015, 01:22 PM
MTK Budapest v Dynamo Kiev (I think) when Hibs were playing Videoton in 1989.

lyonhibs
19-02-2015, 01:23 PM
That's pretty decent. How come you got a ticket for that?

Old flatmate from working in Oxford is a massive Toffee. 4999 of them plus me seemingly in town !

WillowbraeHibby
19-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Those two bits in bold are probably related. :greengrin

Spot on Future17 :greengrin.. A bunch of young Jocks on tour, you just know a few beers would be involved... (Quite a few actually).. :wink:

lyonhibs
19-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I went to watch Celtc play in the UEFA Cup at Parkhead round about 1998/9 and watched Hearts against someone at Murrayfield in about 2003/4.

Also watched 1860 Muninch vs Alemania Aachen at the Allianz Arena on the final day of the season a few years back. A big group of us, mostly Hibs fans, were sat in the home end behind the goals and ended up in the row in front of another group of Hibees we'd never met before.

Aachen won 1-3 but were relegated.

Just remembered watching a World Cup warm-up game at Easter Road circa 2006 - think it was South Korea versus Ghana.

There's probably been others but struggling to think...

Correct re the game at ER. Dick Advocaat was in charge of S Korea at the time and their fans in the East were singing a song to pretty much the exact same tune as "We are the people "!!

yerauldda
19-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Luton v Stoke and Bosnia & Herzegovina u17s v Estonia u17s.

heretoday
19-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Celtic v Dunfermline Scottish Cup Final 1965.

Chelsea v Everton Charity Shield 1970

Hardly random I suppose but I didn't care who won.

SteveHFC
19-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayern Munich - Great weekend, Bayern won the league and seeing players like Neuer and Muller playing was the best of it.

Bohemian v Shamrock Rovers - When we were on our pre-season tour of Ireland in 2009.

Elgin v Dunfermline - Scottish Cup last season.

Spike Mandela
Hearts v Arbroath some time in the late 70's with uncle and cousins trying to get me to switch allegience. Didn't work thankfully.

Real Mallorca v Athletico Madrid 1986. £8 to get in, beer on terraces, good weather and Mallorca taking free kick when goalie and players of Athletico surrounding ref. Ref gave it, hilarious.

Couple of Alloa games around late eighties. One game a guy playing well got subbed after 20 mins, later found out he was a doctor on call.

Aberdeen v Celtic late eighties or early 90s semi final at Hampden. Girlfriend at time was a Dons fan.

Before the great side seen Barcelona v Celta Vigo last game of season when Barca had to win to qualify for UEFA cup.

Chelsea v Sunderland couple of years back. Di Canio's first game in charge. Most memorable thing about game was anti jewish Tottenham chants, mental.

Nothing beats a packed ER for games though.

Scònaldò
Sheffield Wednesday v Colchester in 2009
Malaga v Osasuna and Bilbao

Albion Rovers v Elgin, in the play offs last season. Worst football game ever.

HibbyRod
19-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Random games I've been to from memory:

Celtic v Rangers - once.

Hearts v Partick Thistle - In the away end with the Jags. Think it was a relegation prospect o' Hertz going doon .... think the sparryheids won by a goal though! :rolleyes:

3 Liverpool CL matches - used to take clients there as a freebie when working for my company based in Leeds.

Leeds v Manchester United. - One of my clients was a Man United fan .... scary atmosphere with the local gorillas around us in the home stand!

Inter Milan v Bologna - On a city break in Milan .... Inter won 4 - 2, terrific game.

Deportivo la Coruna v Villareal - Depor is my Spanish team! Depor won 2 -1 at the Riazor! :greengrin I was on a week break, and I would recommend a visit there to anyone.

Real Betis v Albacete - The green and white team of Sevila - Betis won 3 -1. Great atmosphere and I was on a City break there too ... good city and worth a visit!

Malaga v Burgos - a 2 -1 home win for Malaga .... On a week 's holiday in Costa del Sol many years ago.

Barcelona - Twice at the Camp Nou, and home wins in both.

Paris St Germain v PSG v A draw wih Monaco ..... a pretty drab match, with Monaco grabbing an equaliser in the last minute or so.

Think that's enough. :greengrin

southsider
19-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Celtic v Rapid Vienna at Old Trafford.... some night that was. Fans attacking players. Police everywhere. Only man in the Stretford end supporting RV.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Blackpool v Notts Forest.

Weekend down there. Six of us turned up rough, left at half time for more beer.

CallumLaidlaw
19-02-2015, 01:37 PM
3 foreign games.
A Barca one 3/4 years ago versus Valladolid. Won 3-0 and Messi scored. Was in Barca for a long weekend with my wife and son and they happened to be at home.

Done 2 lads trips - One to Bratislava in 2009. Went to see Slovan. Tickets were around £10 eah, and it was 40p a pint in the stadium. They won 6-1 I think. Cracking place for a weekend away. Slovan had a pocket of around 200 "ultras" who sang and danced for the full 90 minutes (topless and it was bitterly cold). The away team had 1 fan :greengrin

The other was in 2008. Went to Dortmund for the weekend. Not the best for nightlife. We spent most of our nights in an Irish bar. But my mate had a german friend who was a Dortmund fan and managed to get 8 of us tickets for the Dortmund v Schalke "industrial derby". The game was good - Dortmund lost 3-2 - and the atmosphere was superb. And the fact that our pint glass got refilled at our seats for 2 euros was very nice :aok:

When I lived in Crewe, my uncle visited and wanted to go to an English game. We went to see Man City v Norwich at Maine Road. Chris Sutton was playing for Norwich at the time. I'm sure it was a pretty rubbish game and finshed 0-0 or 1-0.
EDIT - Google says it was 1-1 with Rosler & Ullathorne scoring the goals

Numerous Crewe Alex games including away to Everton in the FA cup, and a Trip to Wembley in around 1993 for the Play off final which they lost to York

HH81
19-02-2015, 01:44 PM
100s of random games for me. I have been to around. grounds in England including both St James park's. Was once in Lisbon and watched Benfica and got in a taxi straight to Sporting game. 2 in one day. In fact we even watched Edinburgh derby first in a bar!

Purple & Green
19-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Went to a Sheffield United v Brighton game around 1990.

The blades quickly went 3 up, only for Brighton to come back to go 4-3 up with Kevin Bremner (brother of Des) scoring a hat trick.

Cue a barnstorming last ten minutes from United to score twice and win 5-4. United were promoted to the old first division at the end of the season. Went down the following year and they drew 1-1 with Man City. That was a positive disappointment in comparison.

Purple & Green
19-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Albion Rovers v Elgin, in the play offs last season. Worst football game ever.

Went to a Stirling Albion game around 90ish at Anfield, and I think they had a plastic pitch. They lost to somebody - can't mind who - but 'worst game ever' just reminded me.

Alex Trager
19-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Old flatmate from working in Oxford is a massive Toffee. 4999 of them plus me seemingly in town !

Nice one.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Went to Queens v St Mirren in the communities league cup, 2 seasons ago. Was staying down at the Solway Firth, and just decided to go along.
Queens put them out after extra time, so it was a long night!

LancsHibs
19-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Dunfermline v Albion Rovers some time in the early 80's

Alex Trager
19-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Went to an 1860 munich Vs Red Bull Salzburg in August.
We accidentally went into the away end.

We- RBS- won three one I think.

The away fans were a bit radge

BroxburnHibee
19-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Man U v Villa game about 16 years ago after Alex Mcleish organised tickets for me and a few others :greengrin Beckham scored a trademark free kick that day

Also went to a pretty famous QPR v Newcastle game which ended up 5-5!!!!!!!!

Zazu62
19-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Altrincham vs Kettering , 2008ish.

Hibee87
19-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Barca v villareal, around 2004 or 5
Colchester v southend, was holidaying in the area
Gretna v st johnstone and Gretna v clyde, couple of us who supported different teams decided to go to a few games together for a day oot and beer, decided on Gretna v st j's in the cup and then decided to follow them as long as they were in the cup. only lasted 2 games, and im sure it was the year they got to the final.
sunderland v arsenal, basically went out on the sunday for a few beers, turned into a bender and I pretty much woke up in sunderland on the Monday with a ticket for the game (bank Holida) it was also a corporate tcket, good day

Frazerbob
19-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Been to a few games whilst abroad or down south. Two of the more bizarre were:

Armenia v Serbia en route to Tblisi for Georgia v Scotland in 2007? First game after the death of Armenia manager Iain Porteous. The locals thought we were there to pay our respects and treated us like heros.

Charleroi v Genoa in 1993 pre season friendly. My Belgian bird at the time had an uncle who played for Charleroi so watched from the directors box. A year after being in Belgium for Anderlecht v Hibs so a lot of Hibs chat.

Mr White
19-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Bangor FC v Brantwood in the Northern Irish cup last month. £8 in, son got in for free, banter between the players and fans, 4 nil to Bangor. Random but actually a pretty enjoyable afternoon!

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Bohemians (Prague) last game at their old stadium, it was 0-0 v Kladno in 2010 IIRC. Magic atmosphere. Pints flowing during the game, hash smoke billowing around the stadium, ska dj after the match. Happy days!

Hertha Berlin 2 Bayern Munich 0

Chelsea 1 Leeds 1 Was down in London for my brothers birthday, we were in the home end and he had backed Viduka for the first goal which he managed to score, the muppet jumped up out his seat when the ball hit the back of the net! Not one of his best moments.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2015, 02:35 PM
St Johnstone v Partick Thistle, the first game at McDairmid Park. (and the last time they had a full house :greengrin)

East Fife v Aberdeen in the Dryburgh Cup

Ferranti Thistle v Elgin City in the Scottish Cup

I'm going to Atletico Madrid v Getafe in 4 weeks time (watch Hibs v The Huns in a pub first)

matty_f
19-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Think the first game I ever went to was a Motherwellv Rangers game - my dad had been due to take me to Easter Road a few weeks earlier but had put his back out, and his mate (a Celtc fan) ended up with tickets in the Rangers end so I got taken along with them. Think Graham Roberts scored the only goal, and I got to go to Easter Road not long after to see the good guys!

Took the boy to a Dunfermline v Man U game a couple of seasons ago, and I'd sometimes go to Meadowbank Thistle games when Hibs were away back in the day.

Other than that I've only ever had eyes for Hibs!

SteveHFC
19-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Watching the Real game last night makes me want to go back to a game in Germany.

Danny_Hibee
19-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Went to Barca v Sevilla in 2006 the same day we threw away a 2 goal lead against Hearts at ER and Craig Gordon made that wonder save from Rob Jones in the last minute. Watched the Derby in an Irish bar before heading to the Camp Nou.

And at the opposite end of the spectrum I've been to a few Peterhead games due to living up this way and needing a football fix sometimes. Not quite Barca but can be entertaining it its own way...

SmithyHibee
19-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Mallorca vs Getafe
Dortmund vs Karlsruhe

nellio
Went to Roma V AC Milan which was a good expirence but boring match itself.

Been to see Shrewsbuy town and Wolves play a number of times because they are my uncles teams.

Also Saw Aston Villa V Norwich in 1989 on a trip my my footie team.

PeeJay
As young kid in the sixties I'd always be at ER, but when Hibs were away I'd go to Tynie and watch whoever was playing that weekend just to see a football game - even went to the 68 cup final when they lost, all this hatred towards them nowadays is something lost on me ... changed days .... saw Bayern open the season against Hertha Berlin a few years ago in the old Olympic stadium ...

jgl07
19-02-2015, 02:52 PM
I went to see Real Madrid against Celta Vigo in January 2014. I would have preferred to see Atletico but they were away the week we were there on holiday. I hope to catch a match at Lorient in France this August.

I once went to a Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline match in the 1990s. That was an experience.

We often would go to random matches when a new stadium was recently opened including, I think, Clyde v Dunfermine and Livingston v somebody.

We even went to a match at the old Bayview involving East Fife. Once while travelling back from a music festival in Aberdeen we stopped off at Montrose to see the home team play Stranraer in a Micky mouse cup match.

InterviewLoI
19-02-2015, 02:55 PM
West Ham vs Aston Villa a few years ago!

Jim44
19-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Liverpool v Sunderland
England v Rumania
Real Madrid v CSKA Moscow

madhibby
19-02-2015, 02:59 PM
When I was a student in Aberdeen went to a few Dons games as well as always attended when Hibs were up. I usually went to games against Rangers or Celtic and European nights.

After Uni found work in England in Middlesbrough and became a regular Boro fan. Lived very close to what was then Ayresome Park so went to loads of home matches. Also went to some away games - saw the Boro at Everton in the Cup, Chelsea at Wembley in what was then I think the Zenith Data Cup Final (Boro lost 1-0 with Graham Le Seux scoring the only goal), also went down to Chelsea for a play off final for who gets promoted to then First Division. Boro won the first leg 2-0 and lost second 1-0 (Gordon Durie scored their goal!) so much jubilation.

When abroad with my work with Glasgow City Council once went to see Bayern Munich play Gothenberg in the Champions League. Bayern won, I remember being entertained in some Gothenberg supporters club where we had to eat some cold fish dish that I wasn’t keen on but ate to impress the hosts.

jgl07
19-02-2015, 03:06 PM
As young kid in the sixties I'd always be at ER, but when Hibs were away I'd go to Tynie and watch whoever was playing that weekend just to see a football game - even went to the 68 cup final when they lost, all this hatred towards them nowadays is something lost on me ... changed days .... saw Bayern open the season against Hertha Berlin a few years ago in the old Olympic stadium ...
I had forgotten about the 'week about' tradition of those day. There was the Jack Docherty-Moray Hunter sketch on Friday Night Live about their visits to Easter Road and Tynecastle 'week about' never varying. They got out of synch and ended up watching a lot of reserve matches!

When I was at School I would often go the Maine Road and Old Trafford each Saturday and even to Stockport County on a Friday. Football was very cheap in those days especially for a junior. I saw Stanley Matthews playing for Stoke at Old Trafford just after his 50th birthday. No-one dared tackle him! I also saw George Best make a very underwhelming debut at age of 16 at Old Trafford.

ekhibee
19-02-2015, 03:19 PM
When I was 5, I was taken to Hearts v Partick Thistle by the babysitter and her boyfriend. When my dad found out he sacked the babysitter.

Dalianwanda
19-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Bohemians v St pats...only because mates supported both sides...wee crowd, great atmosphere and a handy bar under the stand

The_Todd
19-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I've been to Villa vs Everton.
I've been to Falkirk vs Killie, Fakirk vs Aberdeen on account of having a Falkirk supporting girlfriend.
My dad's a Celtic fan so I've been to plenty of their games, including one match vs Roma where an old Irish guy in front of us turned around and asked us where Roma come from. And he was serious.

Leith_Hibee
19-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Dagenham & Redbridge v Portsmouth 8 days ago. Finished 0-0. I left the ground thinking watching Hibs every week is not so bad after all. The highlight was my cheeseburger and beer at halftime.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Soth Korea v Ghana friendly!

IIRC correctly it was at ER! :-)

Hearts v Spurs with a piss-taking Gazza was quite good too.

greenlex
19-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Dundee Utd v Rangers
Hearts v Rangers
Liverpool V CSKA Sophia
Aston Villa v Juventus
Dundee v Dundee Utd ( the day Utd bacame Champions)
Livingston v Inverness
Livingston v Clyde
Ayr v Livingston
Rangers v Spurs

GreenArmyyy!
19-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Went to Spartans v Berwick last weekend instead of the Hibs game (I know, I'm not proud of it!). Everton v Leicester must have been around 2002, 2-2 it finished after Leicester going 0-2 in front. Went to the Aberdeen v Dundee Utd C.I.S semi-final at Tynecastle a few years ago, D Utd won 4-1 I think.

hibeeleicester
19-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Too many to list...

Best ones were probably

Malaga v Espanyol

Gibraltar v Malta

Afc Wimbledon v Worcester

--------
19-02-2015, 03:49 PM
East Stirling v Brechin City, years ago.

Freezing afternoon, rubbish game, can't for the life of me remember why I went.

City won 2-1, I think.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Raith Rovers v Dundee Utd
Pre season friendly late 70s I think .. there was an invasion of greenfly and two folk got lifted ?

Hearts v Canny mind ( could have been Killie )
when they were in the 2nd division in the early 80s ..... I seem to remember that Jeffries broke his leg in that game.

Hearts v Aberdeen
also the 80s ... our bus to Tannadice had broken down, so it was that or go home. The Yams got humped 4 - 0 and half way through the first half my mate pointed out my Hibs scarf which had dropped from under my jumper and was hanging down my leg :greengrin

Aberdeen v Rangers
1982 Scottish cup final ..... my mate was a Sheep.

Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Palace were top of the league, but you could sense the fear from them as they ran out. Liverpool won a poor game 3 - 1 or 3 - 0.

Newcastle v Rangers
A pre season tournament a few years back in Newcastle ... my mate is a NUFC fan.

Sporting Lisbon v Feyenoord
The same tournament ..... and simply without any doubt the worst game of professional football I have ever witnessed.

Everton v Spurs
About 4 years ago .... 2 - 2 and a very good game

Everton v Southampton
About 3 years ago ... Everton win.

StevieC
19-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I've been to too many to remember. Most notable though was probably the UEFA Cup Final in Gothenburg (Valencia v Marseille). I say "most notable" because it was the final, it was also one of the most forgettable.

Whenever I travel anywhere (home or abroad) I always look for a football game I could try and go to.

Alex Trager
19-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Also went to the newcastle game at old Trafford two Decembers ago.

Oh how massively jealous I was of not being in the away end that day.

Away days tend to be far better.
I can only imagine what it was like beating a team they had t beaten at OT for about forty years also.

frazeHFC
19-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Got loads of family in Nairn so been to a few County games, same with Wigan and Blackpool home games. Quite like Liverpool so been to a few of their games too. Other completely random one was Blackburn v Tottenham years ago.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2015, 04:09 PM
York v Weymouth (Clayton Donaldson was playing for York), we were signing him, so 4 of us went to see what he was like.

Also been to two Middlesborough games against Southampton and Parma, a friend was a Boro fan, and i went with him.......

lucky
19-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Apoel Nicosia v Maccabi Tel_Aviv. Travelled on the supporters bus from Limassol. We were in the ground 3 hours before kick off. It was mental.

Bobo
19-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Most random match I've ever been to is probably United Arab Emirates Vrs Bahrain, a 2-2 draw played in Sharjah back in 2007.

KeithTheHibby
19-02-2015, 04:15 PM
A few over the years however these are the overseas ones.

Athletico Madrid v Seville 2008

Slavia Prague v Sparta Prague 2005

Moenchengladbach v Augsburg 2014

Orlando City v Rochester Rhinos 2012

The Prague Derby was mental!

hibby6270
19-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Been to 5 Man Utd games over the years but the most random game I've attended was in January 2003 - Mallorca v Valladolid - in the last 16 round of the Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup). It was the home leg and a 2-2 draw. Remarkably Mallorca went to not only win the second leg but they also beat Real Madrid in QF and actually went on to win the Cup for the first time.

Like to think I was a bit of a lucky mascot for them haha :wink::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
19-02-2015, 04:30 PM
A fair few Newcastle games. Don't support them or any English team really. That's not really random though.

Been to a couple of Lincoln City games with my girlfriends dad as he's from that neck of the woods. Loads of then East of Scotland league games both as a fan and a player. Attended a Coventry gane at the Ricoh Arena when i was staying in the hotel complex on a training trip with work. One soulless stadium, ended up in the adjoined casino with a few of the players post game.

Nothing really random there.

Sylar
19-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I've been 'around the grounds' in Scotland, visiting every stadium and with the exception of 3 games, they were all involving teams I don't support!

The weirdest one was Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Liverpool for Barry Wilson's testimonial game! :greengrin

Argylehibby
19-02-2015, 04:36 PM
the company i work for had an exec box at the emirates for 3 season a few years back which meant I saw a number of Arsenal games v the likes of Everton, Sunderland, Hull, Schalke and Barcelona. Newcastle v Blackburn, Chelsea v Everton and way back when I was still at school Newcastle v West Ham. Parents used to go on holiday up north and remember being taken to an Inverness Clach v Forres Mechanics one night. slightly different to the Arsenal - Barca game!

twiceinathens
19-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Carolina Railhawks v Montreal Impact in the NHSL (second tier of U.S/Canadian "Soccer"). Amazing scenes at end of game when an incredibly fast moving ref evaded an angry visiting bench to police protection after he awarded an offside goal to the Railhawks and disallowed an apparently legitimate equaliser to them which would have given them a win on away goals! Completely out of character in what was otherwise a very tame atmosphere.

FranckSuzy
19-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Went to Hearts v Motherwell in '86 and my friend was quite ill once we got there. We then had to walk round the pitch with the ambulance folk, whilst getting pies and coins thrown at us by the Hearts fans, and down the tunnel. Hearts team doctor said it was because her jeans were too tight that she was getting excruciating pain and sent us on our way. Once we actually got home, her mum took one look at her and called 999 - she had appendicitis......

Mibbes Aye
19-02-2015, 04:54 PM
South Melbourne versus Melbourne Knights in, erm... Melbourne, Australia c.early 1990s :greengrin

Blazing hot day and no segregation so the fans did the move round at half time.

South were predominantly supported by the Greek migrant community while the Knights were Croatian and at the time the Balkans were very messy so there was a wee bit of underlying tension that manifested itself in several flares being set off and a couple of rucks breaking out.

No idea what the score was but the standard wasn't that bad.

tanfield
19-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Hibs didn't have a game so a car load of us went to watch Meadowbank play at Airdrie. Must have been late 80's

Albanian Hibs
19-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Blackburn v Chelsea

I don't actually know why we went. No doubt for a good bevvy day out.

Golden Bear
19-02-2015, 05:04 PM
For some reason I was persuaded to attend the "Olly Burton" testimonial game between Newcastle & Sunderland. It was a night I'll never forgot as I've never witnessed so much mayhem and fitba violence in my life. It made the Rangers v Celtic look like a vicar's garden party.

Mr White
19-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Also new zealand v malasia in Christchurch in 2006. It was an absolutely terrible game lit up with a goal for each team in a 2 minute period in the second half.

PatHead
19-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Been to quite a few but ones that stand out.

Newcastle v Bolton (Keegan's return, wondered why they had a massive King Kev Returns banner up, didn't realise I had been missed.

Whitehill v Alloa in Scottish

Edinburgh City v Montrose in Scottish

Ebbsfleet v Wimbledon

Dundee Utd winning league v Dundee

Dundee Utd v Roma

Bohemians v Dundee Utd and had a pint in the wee bar under the stand

Oh and a Newtongrange Star game but I can't think who they were playing maybe Arniston

Northernhibee
19-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Went to see Dumbarton play Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup last year. Absolutely brilliant club, great support too. Their local paper were handing out Ian Murray masks for when they walked out onto the pitch - most people slid them round to the back of their heads during the same so had the odd experience of watching a game of football with hundreds of grinning Ian Murrays watching me :greengrin

Godsahibby
Musselburgh v Glenafton

Mark79
Barcelona v the old huns in the champions league (in barca end i may add)

Ozyhibby
19-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Celtic v Inter tonight for me

Golden Bear
19-02-2015, 05:20 PM
I was one of the 136,000+ crowd who attended the European Cup semi final tie between Celtic and Leeds at Hampden Park.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Afc Wimbledon vs MK Dons.

Mind you, I never actually went.

Hannah_hfc
19-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Good question!

Falkirk V Dunfermline scottish cup semi in 2009.

Aberdeen v Rangers also in 2009, sat in the home end with a dons pal

I went to a Queens Park game at Hampden at one point in 2010. Forgotten who the opponents were, can only remember how odd and eerie it is being in Hampden park with a crowd of 200 people.

Also went to a Vancouver Whitecaps game in Canada, this was while they were in the second tier and played in a smaller stadium.

Arsenal V Dortmund in the Champions league (2013). Sat above the dortmund fans who were immense, didn't stop making noise the entire 90 minutes!

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Hearts v Celtic, Rangers, Dunfermline in the 60's. Arsenal v Leicester and QPR v Leicester in August 1968. Also remember going to watch a Torquay v Arsenal friendly when on holiday in Devon in the 80s. Also went to watch Exeter play somebody but I can't remember who.
No the same as watching the Hibs though!!

Scorrie
19-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Was in St Andrews for a weekend a few years ago so went to Arbroath v Forfar Athletic. Great derby 4-3 to Arbroath. Baltic though...

Kato
19-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Hearts v Partick 0-0 draw sometime in the mid 70's, possibly the worst game I've ever been to.

Leeds Urd v Tottenham Hotspurs, around 1980. Was down south to see some bands and went to this game which featured Derek Parlane for Leeds. Again 0-0, loady rubbish.

Arsenal v Southampton. Charlie Nicholas was playing midfield and it was a pleasure to watch him rip and aging Mick Channon a new one. 3-0 to Arsenal all assists from Nicholas.

Flamingo v Botofogo, Rio State League around 2000. On holiday in Rio so you can't not go to the Maracana. 90,000 crowd and was in with the 20,000 Botofogo fans. The warm up was the reserve game and a huge fight broke out on the park after the Ref disallowed a Botofogo a goal in the last minute, final score of that one was 4-4. Boto won the first team game 2-1 which was a huge shock to all the fans around us. Plenty drink about and quite a few "good luck" chickens getting their throats slit as the game kicked off. Not much luck for the chickens.

erin go bragh
19-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Hearts v Motherwell . Cup game mid 80s . Carry out at park led to me ending up in their top corner as they called it back then . Hearts scored first but then Motherwell scored and i celebrated . Police escort for me out of the ground .
Been at Celtic park twice . First time was a European game against Patizan Belgrade 5-4 Celtic won but went out on away goals . Second time was against old Rangers , who won 2-0 .
Was also at a Meadowbank v Dundee game in the early 80s
Ended up with a certain Albert Kidds autograph on the programe ! Ment to get the Meadowbank no 10s but got Dundees no 10 by mistake .

Ggtth

essexhibee
19-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Peterborough v Leicester and Peterborough v Ipswich with Uni house mates in the away end for both. Went mostly due to the fact it used to be terracing!

Also been to a Crystal Palace game in the championship.

One Day
19-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Valetta V Inter Bratislava - when on holiday in Malta around 1993

Celtic V Falkirk when a Patrick v Hibs game was cancelled after we had travelled through

A few big Hearts games at tynecastle over the years

Hermit Crab
19-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Falkirk v Ross county on a Tuesday night about 02/03. County won 1-6! A mate is a county fan and we were two of 6 county fans at the game in the front enclosure at brockville, the actual away terrace was closed due to the small following.

Clyde v alloa 04/05 just because I fancied a game. Score 0-2

Berwick v Dumbarton on a Tuesday night 06/07, just because I could 2-2 was the score. P

Inverness v raith at the old caley stadium before the seats. 1-2 Raith. Mate was a raith fan and his dad drove up.

Been at two darlington home games but can't remember who against. Under a thousand at the games, bizarre in a 20,000 capacity stadium.

Skonto riga v Bristol City in Riga, we were over for the dinaburg v hibs game.

There are others but I can't remember.

oh yeah, Celtic v arsenal champions league qualifier in arsenal end at park head.

Man ure v Man City in the city end at old Trafford last season. City romped home 3 zip. Paid hundred quid for that ticket. Worth every penny.

Saturday Boy
19-02-2015, 06:20 PM
When Hibs are away, I usually take in a local Junior or EOS/Lowland League match. Other than that, Shimizu S Pulse against Urawa Red Diamonds in June 2001 and Consadole Sapporo against Mito Hollyhock in September 2004 have to be highlights.

Scott Allan Key
19-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I've been to Villa vs Everton.
I've been to Falkirk vs Killie, Fakirk vs Aberdeen on account of having a Falkirk supporting girlfriend.
My dad's a Celtic fan so I've been to plenty of their games, including one match vs Roma where an old Irish guy in front of us turned around and asked us where Roma come from. And he was serious.

Romania, eh pal?

I've been to Arsenal v Notts Forest 4-1 to Gunners at Highbury instead of CND march. Wanted to see Charlie Nicholas as he was the much vaunted star of Scottish football having left Celtic in recent times. Was on terracing with my well to do Dad with some wild types letting of fireworks.

Bradford City v York derby 1993. Worst football game I have ever seen. 0-0. No atmosphere, no incidents I can remember.

Meadowbankl Thistle v Alloa I think. A version of 'week about' I indulged in with good friend who made surreal observations about opposition players. Football was sh**e.

Liverpool v Brondby. Blagged a ticket from the one of the backroom staff at players entrance. Pretty poor side. 0-0 UEFA cup exit. Noticed support were seemingly more patient than a Hibs support in what was start of decline. Spice Boy era.

One of most enjoyable. Gala Fairydean v Sunnyside Scottish Cup. 0-6 to Aberdeen side. But one of most audacious shots I have ever seen at a football game where Gala player did overhead kick volley from far out after a cross that hit crossbar. Great entertainment. Cheap catering and you could watch from anywhere pitch side.

Bayern Munich v FC Bochum Olympic Stadion. 5-0 efficient and a bit dull. I imagine it would be a bit like supporting Rangers. Complacent Championship party after game with erm, Chris De Burg providing entertainment. on a stage quickly assembled on pitch. Let's rock! as they said in Deutschland.

A couple of Derby home games. One a 3-4 loss to Newcastle. Brilliant goal by Solano. Dreadful defending by largely English athletic huddies that convinced me that standard of Premiership wasn't technical but physical superiority. Why it upsets me that gulf in pay for English league compared to Scots is so huge. Foreign players and money to improve sports science makes gulf wider. Other Derby game was very poor Championship game 1-1. I can't remember opposition.

Celtic Rangers in Jungle. 2-1 to Celtic. Non event as Rangers had walked league already that year. 1990s.

Tellingly, a Celtic game v Leicester in Leicester. I think Celtic probably narrowly won or drew. 3-3 maybe. I was in Leicester end primarily as prior to game was having a curry and overheard a Glaswegian with one of those incredibly patronising accents that Celtic fans specialise in was telling his Midlands pals at other table that most football fans in Scotland whatever town follow Rangers or Celtic and buses leave in droves for both clubs. **** At game Celtic fans constantly chanted up the Ra chants which really pissed off locals. Premiership you're having a laugh. After game decent Celtic pal told me of his shame as whole busload of his fellow fans gave loads of racist abuse to Asians from bus he was on. Greatest fans baloney, etc!

I've probably forgotten some. Intend to go to match in Morocco when possible. Standard is decent as Zemamma would indicate.

CB_NO3
19-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Independiente v Lanus
Barcelona v Celta Vigo
Atletico Madrid v Malmo
Ac Milan v Roma
Newcastle v Spurs
Eintracht Frankfurt v Shalke 04
Fiorentina v Bologna
Artmedia Bratislava v whoever they were playing. Was in Bratislava before the Maribor game.

Winston Ingram
19-02-2015, 06:43 PM
I've been to loads. if i've ever in another city and there's a game on, i try to go.

One of them, Ujpest v Ferencvaros was probably the best football experience i've ever had.

it was a derby and it finished 6-0 to Ujpest. Denis Rosa was playing for Ferencvaros. There was about 6 lengthy stoppages for pitch invaders, fireworks going off, polis turning the water canons on the Ferencvaros fans. I was watching this while sat next to a beer kiosk selling fantastic beer for about 20p a pint.:greengrin

other than that..

Werder v Schalke
Man U v Stoke
Partick v Clyde
Bayern v Stuttgart
Lazio v Parma
Bayern v Duisberg
Hamburg v Nuremberg
Barca v Levante
Real Madrid v Getafe

...off to Bordeaux v Lens in a few weeks an aw

eastterrace
19-02-2015, 06:44 PM
celtic v spurs 3-3 draw at hampden think it was 1966, also hearts v airdrie , hibs game was called off through at partick so we went to tynie and in with the airdrie fans think about 5000 crowd there back in late seventies.

dunfermline v hearts scottish cup final 68 in dunfermline end 3-1 to the pars had to come back on the escursions with these donuts tho.

.Sean.
19-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Liverpool Chelsea at Anfield, the game Suarez bit Ivanovic and a couple Scotland games. Didn't enjoy either as I don't care a jot for the national side and I only went to Anfield for a day on the pish.

Hibs and only Hibs for me.

james62
19-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I love going to random games and always try to catch a game when ever I'm away somewhere. Some of the ones I've been to are,

First Vienna v Rheindorf Altach (Austrian 1st division on the way back from Maribor)
Real Valladolid v Barca (last season, Valladolid actually won the game 1-0)
Skied v Sarpsborg (Norwegian 1st division the night before a Scotland game in Oslo)
GAIS Gothenburg v Kalmar
Sparta Prague v Viktoria Plzen
Toronto FC v Colorado Rapids
Dinamo Zagreb v Istra
Rapid Vienna v Red Bull Salzburg
RoPS Rovaniemi v VPS Vaasa (Finnish League Cup game played indoors in a big hall!)

Eyrie
19-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Aberdeen game at Tynecastle with a mate who was a sheep fan.
Scotland-Finland at Easter Road.
Raith-Bayern, again at Easter Road.
Falkirk-Stirling Albion at Brockville.
Septic-Huns RIP, when Moravcik orchestrated a 5-1 hammering and the mood in Glasgow that night was ugly.

One regret is that I worked in Montrose for a few months and never visited any of the four Angus grounds. Mind you I didn't miss a home game for us, even in midweek.

SteveHFC
19-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Could have been to a few hearts games over the years :cb

weedgiehibbie
19-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Some cracking games/stories :agree: All I got is a I got is an Airdrie v Partick Thistle match from 97 I think, a mate from school - we were in 2nd year I think - asked if I wanted to go to broadwood with his dad and we bro(were Airdrie were playing at the time) as hibs were at Aberdeen away and I wasn't going - saw a cracking 4-4 game with Gareth Evans and David Farrell playing for the Harry Wrags :agree: oh and I think hibs won as well :greengrin

johnbc70
19-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Champions League Final in 2013. Bayern Munich 2 - Dortmund 1. Best final in years.

Ricky Bobby
19-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Rangers aberdeen at Ibrox in the 80s in the home end. Never have so many half wits congregated in the same place at the same time.

DC_Hibs
19-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Boca/River
Fenerbahce/Galatasaray
Red Star/Partizan
Dinamo Zagreb/Hajduk Split
Krakow Derby
Old Firm game in the Jungle in the early nineties
Bilbao giving Beckham and the Galacticos a nice creampie

Been to loads of other in different countries not worth mentioning

Australia/Iran 1997 World Cup Play off 2nd leg at MCG would be biggest crowd....and the most tears.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Colwyn Bay v Rhyll

Biggie
19-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Here's a random one......san Jose earthquake vs real salt lake...and closer to home, Aberdeen vs hearts scottish cup final (fortunately the game was over early doors :-) )

fat freddy
19-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Newcastle v Leicester City 1976....Hearts v Locomotive Leipzig 1976...Halifax v Blackpool 1992....Lincoln v Newcastle 1996...Islay v Jura 1997.....Stenhousemuir v Forfar 2009...Linlithgow Rose v Musselburgh 2012... Hearts v Livi, last Saturday

Killiehibbie
19-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Worst decision was tossing a coin between West Ham v Newcastle and Crystal Palace v Liverpool, no goals at Upton Park but 5 at the game we didn't go to.

Bristolhibby
19-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Last one I went to was last seasons Spurs v Man U. Brother in law was a season ticket holder and he had a spare season book.

Took my lad to a Chippenham Town game this season.

J

MartinfaePorty
19-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Too many to mention, although usually to do with being on holiday somewhere or, more likely, going along with mates who support one of the teams playing. Been to many Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and, to a lesser extent, Morton games. Just love football and it's quite relaxing not really caring that much about the result. What with Hibs, Utd and Saints having decent Scottish Cup runs recently, I've been to 4 of the last 5 Scottish Cup finals.

One game I'd mention is in 1999 when just split up with long-term girlfriend and had my main 2 week's leave coming up. Booked holiday in Nice on my own and got a ticket for Monaco v St Johnstone. Hitched up with some very friendly, and generous, Saintees and had a great day in the sun. Saints missed a good chance early on and ended up losing 0-3.

Newcastle v Arsenal 4-4, after Arsenal were 4 up at half-time, was also notable!

Nakedmanoncrack
19-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Paris SG v AC Milan Champions league semi final 1st leg, and Ajax v Dortmund champions league quarter final 2nd leg.

greenginger
19-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Celtic v Rangers , 1998, 5 - 1 to Celtic

West Germany v Holland , world cup final 1974

Green Man
19-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Scottish cup final 1991, Motherwell 4 Dundee Utd 3. My dad has a friend from Lanarkshire so we were in the Motherwell end. Ally Maxwell got broken ribs but stayed on and went on to perform heroics in the Motherwell goal.

Dunfermline v Falkirk in the Scottish cup semi a few years back, I've got a couple of mates who support the Pars so I went along for moral support. Finished 2-0 Falkirk, one of the worst games I've ever seen. And the catering stalls at Hampden had no food available.

Green Reaper
19-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Hong Kong V Rest of The World XI

During the handover in 97'. Can't remember much except the torrential rain and the fantastic George Weah, what a player!

Baader
20-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Quite a lot in the English leagues. Ended up at Charlton quite a bit. Daggers too.

Seen Brazil v Argentina.
Brazil v Portugal
Poland v Greece (Euro 2012)
Real Madrid v Schalke
Meadowbank Thistle v Kilmarnock

Saw PSG v Leon this season when I was in Paris. In amongst the 'ultras' there as they're the cheap seats!

Have a liking for Arsenal down here due to years spent living in Highbury and family ties to Everton but other than those two I forget how completely indifferent I am attending a match Hibs arent involved in. Usually just wish I was at ER

TRC
20-02-2015, 01:01 AM
going to see Gais v Hammarby in april. saw arminia bielefeld v padabon years ago.

edinburghhibee
20-02-2015, 03:01 AM
I've been to the goteborg derby between IFK Goteborg and GAIS, ex partner was an IFK fan but I found myself wanting GAIS to win. 1-0 IFK final score sure it was a penalty too. Boring game unfortunately.

Tonight I went to the Celtic v inter match and what a game that was to watch. Free tickets so can't grumble

Hibrandenburg
20-02-2015, 07:52 AM
Inter Milan v Sampdoria.

Snore fest with absolutely no atmosphere, reminded me of ER in the 70's.

darwenhibby
20-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Could count on one hand how many games I've been to ewood since Living down here bar Man U games and never stayed the full 90 mins!
Used to work for a firm who had a box at villa 10 years ago and had went to quite a few games ferrying clients!
Convinced my boss at one gMe mate was an architect based in Manchester that supported Norwich and would it be ok to go on the train !
Needless to say that we never watched the game got steaming watching sky sports and our cover was blown when Hibs went 3-0 v Livingston and we started to jump around the box!
My villa games were restricted after that

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2015, 08:22 AM
St Johnstone v Partick Thistle, the first game at McDairmid Park. (and the last time they had a full house :greengrin)

East Fife v Aberdeen in the Dryburgh Cup

Ferranti Thistle v Elgin City in the Scottish Cup

I'm going to Atletico Madrid v Getafe in 4 weeks time (watch Hibs v The Huns in a pub first)

I've also attended 2 cup finals not involving Hibs. Falkirk v Killie at Ibrox, (fat Blobby won the cup) and Falkirk v the old Rangers (Novo speculative shot from 40m)

I also use to see Falkirk a lot when I live 2 streets away from Brockville

European Cup Final at Hampden St Etienne v Bayern Munich (Allez les Verts)

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Newcastle v Arsenal 4-4, after Arsenal were 4 up at half-time, was also notable!

I backed Arsenal HT-FT that day! I laid Arsenal on Betfair when they went down to 10 men and ended up making a bigger profit than I would've if Arsenal had won!

Geo_1875
20-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Celtc V Leeds friendly in 1976
Bayern V St Etienne European Cup Final 1976
QPR V Reading a couple of years ago

I don't often go when Hibs are not involved

hibspayne
20-02-2015, 09:11 AM
My old man used to get VIP tickets for Champ League so every season we would get the choice of rangers or celtic, so would alternate them each game week. Once that stood out were
Celtic V Man Utd when Nakamura scored the free kick in the last minute
Rangers v Stuttgart when Whittaker scored an absolute peach of a goal
Also got to see Seville V Valencia (i think it was) Uefa Cup Final at hampden, sat in the box with alot of the Man City board as they were hosting next years however they were a bit busy as Stuart Pearce had just been sacked so was pushing for the gossip on that and Joey Barton.
When I lived in Germany i went to see Eintract Frankfurt a lot back then they had Tony Yeboah and Jay Jay Okocha in the same team, they are were awsome then lol

Derek Dougan
20-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Seen a few games over the years, but one sticks out. Monza v Pro Vercelli in Serie 'C' in 2012. Pro Vercelli scored the only goal of the game with 5 minutes left. Every player bar the goalie ran to their fans, who were fenced in behind the goals, to celebrate with them. All 6 fans!

Hermit Crab
20-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Seen a few games over the years, but one sticks out. Monza v Pro Vercelli in Serie 'C' in 2012. Pro Vercelli scored the only goal of the game with 5 minutes left. Every player bar the goalie ran to their fans, who were fenced in behind the goals, to celebrate with them. All 6 fans!

Any footage?

Newry Hibs
20-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Norwich v Ipswich back in 1996. Boy do they hate each other!

Warrenpoint Town v Donegal Celtic and against Linfield. Not exactly random as my son played for their u14s

CropleyWasGod
20-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Last week, Racing-Rosario in Buenos Aires

Fluminense-someone? in the Maracana

Hertha (Skacel as sub) - Liverpool in the Olympic in Berlin

Real Betis - Barca in Sevilla

Algeria-Zimbabwe, and Cameroun-Nigeria, both in Tunisia in the African Nations.

Some obscure game in the Tanzanian league.

Sunderland v Arsenal/Man U/someone else

IanM
20-02-2015, 10:02 AM
a few years back on holiday in northern cyrpus, Liverpool legends were playing the local side. free to get in and could have a beer so thought why not.

Left after 45 minutes - utter pish

quite a few big names as welll but utter pish

Bishop Hibee
20-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Cambridge Utd v Luton Town in the mid 90s as I was in Cambridge on business. Wednesday night game in the Championship I think. Memorable as Luton were 0-3 up but Cambridge scored 3 in the last 15 mins for a 3-3 draw.

Was also at Hearts v Bayern Munich. Never again will I go to a Hertz game unless Hibs are involved.

Also saw a few Sunderland and Bishop Auckland home games when I lived down there.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Altrincham vs Kettering , 2008ish.

Kettering v Lincoln City in the FA Cup four or 5 years ago - Kettering fans were diet hun types, plenty aggro afterwards.

Lincoln City v Man City, late 90's (?) Lincoln knocked Man City out the league cup.

Leicester v Ipswich in the old football League

Norwich v Cardiff in the Championship

Barcelona v Espanyol

Barcelona v Malaga

Limassol v Nicosia - mental crowd

Olympiakos v AEK Athens

Boston united v Bradford Park Avenue - a while back on boxing day - stand out game as I was amongst what is always a lively Boston Crowd with a green Hibs scarf on to keep warm and BPA ran out in an emerald green panel top with white sleeves. white shorts with a green stripe and green socks with white tops.

Seen Forest many times, especially when they were winning everything - probably are my English team now though.

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Went to them v Liverpool home & away in europe.
Worst bits at Tynie. Went for pish and couldn't get to urinals for scousers sniffing cocaine.
Worst bits at Anfield the train journey home sitting beside those cheating sdratsab.

Ritchie
20-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Whitehill Welfare Vs Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Easter Road (Whitehill end)

Had a hibs hat on and whitehill scarf.

Ended up getting my picture taken for the Evening News which covered two pages.

Keith_M
20-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Been to loads of games not involving Hibs, e.g. Rapid Vienna, Austria Vienna, Dynamo Dresden, 1860 Munich.

In the 80's, I ocassionally used to go in the away end at Tynecastle when Hibs were away from home, just to noise up the Home Fans.

Derek Dougan
20-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Any footage?

Unfortunately not, no phone with me. I enjoyed the game better than Inter v Roma at the San Siro the night before though. Boring 0-0.

BonnieFitbaTeam
20-02-2015, 01:21 PM
I think the first game I went to as a neutral - sort of - was in the Gorgie Rd end with the Arabs. That was when I realised that most football fans are basically the same - totally blinkered towards their own team :agree:

Corby Town v Some Other Mob FC - goal-less first half was so bad we stayed in the bar for the 2nd half. Missed three goals and a rammy/sending off !

Arsenal v Blackburn when Highbury was being redeveloped and Muriel was standing behind the goals.

Chelsea when Stamford Bridge was being redeveloped (building site fetish ?? :greengrin). Can't remember who they were playing though :dunno:

Newcastle v West Ham in the old Gallowgate. Big rammy in the away end at half time. 'He's only a poor little Hammer' and all that.

Celtic v Liverpool in UEFA Cup. Can't stand either team (corporate freebie) so the sight of the whole ground singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' was slightly nauseating. Seem to recall Celtc put Liverpool out, and Blackburn as well if memory serves.

Sioux
20-02-2015, 05:42 PM
I was 14 years old and decided in the afternoon that I'd go to Hampden for Celtic v Leeds European Cup semi. I have no idea why I came up with such a stupid idea. It turned out to be a bad one!

Anyhow, left house to get the 5.30 train to Queen st but told my mum I was going by bus organised by a teacher at school. Had a few bob saved up from my paper round, and unused birthday and xmas money. Paid for a ticket outside for 12 shillings (60P), face value 8/6 (42p).

Atmosphere was mental, and as I wisnae the tallest and from half way up the north terrace I hardly saw half the pitch.

After game walked back to Queen St, after a couple of wrong turnings, and got there just as the 11.00pm train to Edinburgh was leaving. Went to the ticket desk and asked when the next was. "Six O'clock the morning son"

Fekk! Ma dad'll kill me!!

Had to phone next door neighbour, we didnae have a phone, and spoke to my mum. She believed the BS I gave her about the bus getting moved and I couldnae find it and had to run all the way to QS, missing the train by inches. I was in a panic coz i was stuck until the morning. The old man came on the phone, probably concerned about where I was. He'd gone to another neighbour to borrow a car and was driving through to get me.

He arrived about 12.45am and his first words were "get yer backside out o' here and dinnae tell me any mare fibs". Total silence all the way back, I wiz too feared to tell him he still had his damned slippers on!

Never did anything like that again (until the next Scotland v England game!):greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I was 14 years old and decided in the afternoon that I'd go to Hampden for Celtic v Leeds European Cup semi. I have no idea why I came up with such a stupid idea. It turned out to be a bad one!

Anyhow, left house to get the 5.30 train to Queen st but told my mum I was going by bus organised by a teacher at school. Had a few bob saved up from my paper round, and unused birthday and xmas money. Paid for a ticket outside for 12 shillings (60P), face value 8/6 (42p).

Atmosphere was mental, and as I wisnae the tallest and from half way up the north terrace I hardly saw half the pitch.

After game walked back to Queen St, after a couple of wrong turnings, and got there just as the 11.00pm train to Edinburgh was leaving. Went to the ticket desk and asked when the next was. "Six O'clock the morning son"

Fekk! Ma dad'll kill me!!

Had to phone next door neighbour, we didnae have a phone, and spoke to my mum. She believed the BS I gave her about the bus getting moved and I couldnae find it and had to run all the way to QS, missing the train by inches. I was in a panic coz i was stuck until the morning. The old man came on the phone, probably concerned about where I was. He'd gone to another neighbour to borrow a car and was driving through to get me.

He arrived about 12.45am and his first words were "get yer backside out o' here and dinnae tell me any mare fibs". Total silence all the way back, I wiz too feared to tell him he still had his damned slippers on!

Never did anything like that again (until the next Scotland v England game!):greengrin

Brilliant story :thumbsup:

norhfc
20-02-2015, 05:50 PM
One sticks out for me, Charity Shield Cup Final 1984. Liverpool v Everton, with 3 evertonian mates, they won 1-0, 100.000 in the old Wembley and Gerry and the Pacemakers on the pitch before the game, standing behind the goal, never forget that and the quality of both teams.

Ringothedog
20-02-2015, 05:52 PM
A few I can remember being at are

QPR v Newcastle
Barcelona v Espanol
Malta v Holland
New Zealand v CIS(Russia)
Hearts v Montrose- Montrose won
Hearts v Leipzig

Plus 100`s of games I have turned up to support Hibernian and some other imposters have taken their place.

dmc1875
20-02-2015, 06:07 PM
I saw a great game think it was 2004 between Barcelona and real betis, finished 3-3 with van bronkhorst scoring the equaliser in the fifth minute of stoppage time. Crazy scenes and I remember betis absolutely outplayed them on the day with Oliviera assancao Denison and Joaquín

Hiber-nation
20-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Also went to Bayern v St Etienne, European Cup Final 1976.

Bars in Glasgow had a late licence (usual closing time was 10). Missed the last train and had to sleep in a doorway. Back on 1st train, home for a quick wash and into work :yawn:

emerald green
20-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Went to loads of games in London when working down there years ago. Highbury (as was), White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Stamford Bridge & QPR mainly.

Crowd of us used to pick the best game each Saturday in London and head there. Used to just pay at the gate for games like Spurs versus Manchester United. Before the days of all seater stadia. Brilliant atmosphere at some games and huge crowds on packed terracing.

I recall a couple of games in particular. West Ham 4 v Everton 3; Spurs 2 v Man Utd 1, with the brilliant George Best scoring for United.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Wimbledon v Milton Keynes, i was the only bugger there.

iwasthere1972
20-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Guernsey v Everton
Chelsea v Wimbledon
West Ham v Wimbledon
Hearts v A number of teams including some German team in European match at Tynecastle

That's about it.

DH1875
20-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Been to 100s of non hibs games over the years. Highlights include Real Madrid, Barcelona, Espanyol, Malaga and Mallorca but hands down craziest/best game was the seville derby when we were in the Betis end away to sevilla. Really mental and folks actually got shot that night.

Most random game would be a Falkirk v Airdrie game at the old brockville. Cant remember what happened but something went wrong with the train to Edinburgh ( we were on route to ER) and we ended in the Falkirk end at the game. Best thing about it was I was stood with the hibs top on under the jacket and the hibs scarf in the pocket lol.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2015, 07:01 PM
[emoji1] Ach, so it was at Wimbledon! I thought they weren't playing at Milton Keynes so I went there. I was the only bugger there.

Eyrie
20-02-2015, 07:09 PM

[emoji1] Ach, so it was at Wimbledon! I thought they weren't playing at Milton Keynes so I went there. I was the only bugger there.

Those of us who weren't there did wonder why you two weren't not there with us. Now we know.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Those of us who weren't there did wonder why you two weren't not there with us. Now we know.
Just wanted to be alone, in different places.

jgl07
20-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Norwich v Ipswich back in 1996. Boy do they hate each other!

Bury v Bolton used to be a real grudge match. I did go to one once.

HibeesLA
20-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Kilmarnock vs Dundee Utd (I think). It was a Semi-Final game played at Easter Road. Someone had 4 tickets for the game, and a person dropped out so they asked if I'd want to go for free. Can't remember much of the game to be honest, wasn't the best game for a neutral to enjoy.

I just remember turning up after 5-a-sides game with my sweaty gear in a bag. The Policeman asked if he could inspect my bag to make sure I had nothing throwable, and I warned him what was in there lol.

DH1875
20-02-2015, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=hibspayne;
Also got to see Seville V Valencia (i think it was) Uefa Cup Final at hampden,l[/QUOTE]

Cant remember this game but the sevilla vs espanyol game was a great day out. Pretty sure sevilla were in the final for the 2nd year in a row. People who read these forums might guess/figure I dont have mush time for sevilla and their fans but we spent the whole day in amongst them that day and the merchant city area of Glasgow was bouncing with all their fans and their fans zone. Another great experience and one I wont forget.

Hibeesmad
21-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Sunderland v West Ham back in 2013, remember only being interested in watching Steven Fletcher, Ricardo Vaz Te was also on the bench.

Newcastle v Cardiff last year, Ole Gunnar's first game in charge in the FA Cup, Cardiff won 2-1 that day after being 1-0 down.

Only really attended these games for a day out

Mixu62
21-02-2015, 03:27 AM
Was in Norfolk so went to see Norwich City vs Southampton. Ended up a 4-4 draw. Norwich had Robert fleck playing for them, so must have been about 87/88?

northseahibby
21-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Hawick royal albert v burntisland shipyards,Scottish cup tie,
Was there about 20 minutes before we knew who was who,
Happy days !!!

Dublin07
21-02-2015, 09:23 AM
A few Cowdenbeath games in the early 80's, random local match in Bolivia can't even remember team names it wa in la Paz. Bray wanderers v wolves pre season game in 07. Also remember a cup tie against Dumbarton late 90's when there was a game on a public park near the ground. One team were playing in green and there was abou 500 Hibs fans cheering them on.

Hermit Crab
21-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Hull v West Ham 0-2. Day on the pish. Ticket price £20
Newcastle v liverpool. 2-2. Day on the pish. Ticket price £42 :rolleyes:

Silky
21-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Been to a few random games. Middlesboro vs Huddersfield in English league cup on a cold Wednesday night at the Riverside in late 90's. Boro had Ravanelli, Juninho and these guys playing. Won 4-0. Also saw Boro vs Everton on a lads weekend, Hartlepool vs Exeter, Cardiff vs Leyton Orient at the old Ninian Park with my old boy. Must have been late 80's early 90's and a very random Welsh cup final between Wrexham and Swansea at the old Arms Park. Cant remember the score, but there was a full scale riot and the Welsh polis had the dogs out! Happy days!

patch1875
21-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Went to see Raith v Cowdenbeath a few years ago whilst we had a break in the East Neuk, sat with the Cowdenbeath fans really good laugh.

1875STEVE
21-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Raith Rovers v Ayr Utd - My grannie owned a caravan along the road at Pettycur Bay for over 30 years, so if Raith were ever at home, my dad would take us along, can't remember any of the game apart from this, Im sure it was 1-0 to Raith, Craig Brewster defo scored.

Newcastle Utd 3-0 Portsmouth - Weekend away for works "Christmas night out", few of us went down on the Friday, with the rest working early Saturday (posties), then coming straight down. The folk who went down on the fri got tickets to pass time waiting on the others coming down. It was Pompey's first season in the EPL, I think Shearer and Ameobi both scored. Still remember walking into some working mens club for a beer, and we were the only folk not wearing Newcastle tops.

Seville 2-2 Espanyol (Seville won on pens) - Uefa Cup Final, Hampden 2007 - Won tickets in a raffle, brilliant game, football on show was brilliant, De La Pena best player on the park, didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Livi 4-3 Strum Graz - 2002/3 Uefa Cup - Had a mate who was a hun who decided he had, had enough of the bile at Ibrox and started supporting Livi, wet with him, superb game. Remember Livi scoring a last minute screamer of a winner, not sure who it was....

hfc rd
21-02-2015, 01:21 PM
UEFA Champions League Final - Bayer Leverkusen vs Real Madrid (Hampden 2002) Real Madrid won 2-1 thanks to a superb volley by Zinedine Zidane. Even the Leverkusen fans applauded it.

Friendly - Hearts vs Barcelona (Murrayfield 2006) - An uncomfortable experience being surrounded with so many yams and just listening to them mocking Hibs repeatedly throughout the match. But seeing players like Ronaldinho playing was simply fantastic.

Scottish Cup - Edinburgh City vs Montrose (Meadowbank 2010) - Went along to this game with one of my mates from college as the winners were going to play Hibs at Easter Road in the next round.

English Premier League - Newcastle Utd vs Chelsea (St James Park 2014). Mate at work is a Newcastle Utd season ticket holder and had a spare ticket next to him for this match. Newcastle Utd won 2-1 to inflict Chelsea's first defeat of the season. Papiss Cisse scored both goals.

Ray_
21-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Including Scottish teams:

Hearts V Spurs, Wolves [TCF], Dallas Tornadoes, Motherwell V hearts [TCSF]. [TC, Texaco Cup]

Spurs V Rangers [Butcher had just joined Rangers rather than Spurs]
Arsenal V Celtic [x2 both testimonials]
Man Utd V Rangers
Aldershot V Aberdeen

Plenty of English league & cup games including:

Arsenal v Villa [Villa clinched league, last day, three team tussle for league with Liverpool & Ipswich, Arsenal gained Euro spot by winning game 2-0 [Liverpool & Ipswich blow it]

Arsenal V Ipswich FA cup final

Arsenal v Spurs [league cup semi]

Sweet Left Peg
21-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Anyone else go to the Raith Rovers v Bayern Munich tie at ER. Considering that Bayern had guys like Klinsmann, Papin, Scholl, Babbel, Zeige, Nerlinger, Kahn and the likes, Raith did pretty well to keep it to 4-1 on aggregate.

Docc109
21-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Went to see Coventry vs Arsenal in mid 80's at Highfield stadium, Arsenal won 2-1. Viv Anderson a stand out. There was fighting at half time and full time, tho didn't get a mention in any papers.

hibee_girl
21-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Been to a few Celtic games as a school mate had season tickets and I'd go with them occasionally, best one was a champions league game against Lyon.

Most random game though has to be a local football game I went to when in Torrevieja in Spain :greengrin

YehButNoBut
21-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Used to go to Goa in India on holiday a lot and went to see 2 local sides play each other Salgaocar V Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar played in green & white so favoured them. Been big investment now in the Indian Super League with each side having a "marquee player" in FC Goa it's Robert Pires. Other marquee players in this league include David James, Del Piero, Luis Garcia, Freddie Ljungberg & David Trezeguet.

Bought a Salgaocar top whilst over there and used to get hoots from all the taxi drivers shouting Salgaocar, left it with a young lad at a beech hut (they don't have much over there)

Also seen Barca v Espanyol when Rivaldo was a Barca player & Roma v Verona (Roma won the league that year & top players were Totti & Batistuta).

Used to go to a few Hearts & Partick games in the 80's as had a relative that played in goals for Hearts & later Partick & got comps for these games.

Also remember a Liverpool v West Ham game a few years back when Di Canio played for WH, he scored with a cheeky dinked pen straight down the middle but Liverpool won 2-1.

Another memorable one was the Hearts v Aberdeen cup final, the "Albert Kidd" year, went with some Hearts mates from work & had a great day, nice sunny day, 3-0 to sheep & Kidd sent off for Hearts, great entertainment.

Thecat23
21-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Went to watch Stockport County when Jol Lescott's brother played for them. He took us down and big Carlton Palmer was playing that day and I've never seen a more awkward player in my life.

NOLA
21-02-2015, 03:33 PM
was down in Birmingham for a clubbing bank holiday weekend, took in the Blues v Port vale, game was poor, was absolute baltic and the home fans had a scrap with each other :confused: good club shop though :wink:

Eyrie
21-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Anyone else go to the Raith Rovers v Bayern Munich tie at ER. Considering that Bayern had guys like Klinsmann, Papin, Scholl, Babbel, Zeige, Nerlinger, Kahn and the likes, Raith did pretty well to keep it to 4-1 on aggregate.
I'm surprised that you're only the second one to have mentioned that game on here.

Raith-Bayern, again at Easter Road.

lugz
21-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Numerous celtic champions league games including at the San Siro vs AC Milan
Barca vs Udinese
Blackburn vs Newcastle
Blackburn vs Man utd
Champs league final at Hampden

SmashinGlass
21-02-2015, 06:14 PM
http://www.11v11.com/matches/rangers-v-parma-11-august-1999-800/

Was at this one with a mate from work who was a Rangers fan. Decided that we'd take a half day and spend the day on the lash. Was a decent game if I remember rightly, although I was a bit p!shed. I remember being fairly uncomfortable with the bars around Ibrox pre-game. Some rather colourful songs being rattled out. :rolleyes:

NOLA
21-02-2015, 08:26 PM
http://www.11v11.com/matches/rangers-v-parma-11-august-1999-800/

Was at this one with a mate from work who was a Rangers fan. Decided that we'd take a half day and spend the day on the lash. Was a decent game if I remember rightly, although I was a bit p!shed. I remember being fairly uncomfortable with the bars around Ibrox pre-game. Some rather colourful songs being rattled out. :rolleyes:

reminds me of a time i went through to ibrox with 2 hertz mates, few drinks in the station before making the walk over the bridge and along tht long road, stopped halfway outside some dodgy as fk bar with some guy selling orange boys flute band calendars, into the ground into the lower tier of the stand behind the goal, watching hertz score and by way of celebration just managing to stand up lol, rangers scored and managed to stay in my seat, robbo scored a late penalty earnin the hertz a 2-2 draw if memory serves me right, the locals on the night were just as savage as they are towards us, coins and cups full of pish being launched from the top tier, being spat on as we took the long walk back to queen st, animals was a term i used to refer to those local rangers fans but ive seen animals behave alot better TBH, as a side note asking a glasgow copper back then the best way back to city centre was a waste of breath, "need to walk the gauntlet wee man" c***s