PDA

View Full Version : March International break

Billy Whizz
18-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Noticed Danny Lennon has been appointed under 21 manager for the game away against Hungary on Thursday March 26th. Hibs are due to play Raith away on Saturday 28th. It's possible we could have a few players involved, from Cummings, Stanton, Handling and Forster. Not sure Fyvie is eligible?
What are the rules for a cancellation, as Rangers cancelled a few this season on the same basis.
Probably not in our interests to cancel anyway, in case we get a fixture build up.

Big_Franck
18-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Noticed Danny Lennon has been appointed under 21 manager for the game away against Hungary on Thursday March 26th. Hibs are due to play Raith away on Saturday 28th. It's possible we could have a few players involved, from Cummings, Stanton, Handling and Forster. Not sure Fyvie is eligible?
What are the rules for a cancellation, as Rangers cancelled a few this season on the same basis.
Probably not in our interests to cancel anyway, in case we get a fixture build up.

Not sure what the rules are (i'm sure the SPFL make them up as they go along anyway) but if we have 3 players or more away i'd hope we got it postponed. There should be plenty time to rearrange the fixture to a tues/wed night before the end of the season.

lucky
18-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Danny Lennon omg. He talks some ***** I hope Hibs youngsters are nowhere near him

Matty_Jack04
18-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Danny Lennon omg. He talks some ***** I hope Hibs youngsters are nowhere near him

Think he's only in charge for this game or until
A performance director is appointed, Brian McClair or Brewster so it would seem

Mikey
18-02-2015, 04:52 PM

It would be much better if we could play that game as we're already going to be playing 2 games a week just about every week in April and May (assuming we progress in the cup and make the play offs).

And as per the thread on the PM board, maybe the first week in June too!!

Billy Whizz
18-02-2015, 05:13 PM
It would be much better if we could play that game as we're already going to be playing 2 games a week just about every week in April and May (assuming we progress in the cup and make the play offs).

And as per the thread on the PM board, maybe the first week in June too!!
Mikey, I agree. We've got a midweek match away at Dumbarton in April, as well as a rearranged match away at Livvi, if we beat Berwick. The only option is they move it to the Sunday!

Bristolhibby
18-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Mikey, I agree. We've got a midweek match away at Dumbarton in April, as well as a rearranged match away at Livvi, if we beat Berwick. The only option is they move it to the Sunday!

What, the day of the Scotland game?

FWIW there should be a total shut down in domestic football for the international weekends to prevent the cancelation of games or teams suffering because they have international players.

J

PatHead
19-02-2015, 03:14 PM

Home to Livvi if it is the March 7th game you mean.

hibs4thecup1988
19-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Home to Livvi if it is the March 7th game you mean.

Assuming he means if we beat Berwick...we play Livi on the 18th April you see at Almondvale.

The game scheduled for the 7th has already been moved to the following Wednesday

Diclonius
19-02-2015, 03:20 PM

FWIW there should be a total shut down in domestic football for the international weekends to prevent the cancelation of games or teams suffering because they have international players.

J

Have to disagree with that one. Personally one of the only positives regarding being relegated (aside from battering Rangers every 3 months) was the fact that we no longer took a break for interenational weekends. Never liked taking the weekend off because of a Scotland friendly.

PatHead
19-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Assuming he means if we beat Berwick...we play Livi on the 18th April you see at Almondvale.

The game scheduled for the 7th has already been moved to the following Wednesday

Ah, me stupid

Billy Whizz
19-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Ah, me stupid

Read the thread

SteveHFC
19-02-2015, 04:15 PM

J

:top marks

Billy Whizz
19-02-2015, 04:24 PM
:top marks

You're right, we played the last time, when Scotland played Georgia