PDA

View Full Version : NHC Potentially dangerous incident at Tiny last weekend

hibs0666
18-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Not only do they shaft all and sundry for over £60 million, they seem to have a death wish too. That stand is a death trap waiting to happen...

Cragface asks...

To all supporters who attend Tynecastle,

Please can we ask for your assistance in trying to prevent damage in the stands. If you come across any situation which is causing, or may cause, damage then please notify either a steward or member of staff so that possible damage can be minimised.

On Saturday last, in the Main Stand, all of the sinks in a ladies toilet were blocked with hand-towels, presumably thrown in the sinks rather than placed in the bins provided.

The taps were left running, causing serious flooding, not just in the toilets concerned, but in the lounge below.

As well as causing damage, this was potentially dangerous as the water was seeping through light fittings.

We have implemented a series of additional checks, but would very much appreciate supporters notifying us of any potential problem if they come across any such situation.

With thanks, as ever, for your cooperation.

Geo_1875
18-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Not only do they shaft all and sundry for over £60 million, they seem to have a death wish too. That stand is a death trap waiting to happen...

Cragface asks...

Please can we ask for your assistance in trying to prevent damage in the stands. If you come across any situation which is causing, or may cause, damage then please notify either a steward or member of staff so that possible damage can be minimised.

On Saturday last, in the Main Stand, all of the sinks in a ladies toilet were blocked with hand-towels, presumably thrown in the sinks rather than placed in the bins provided.

The taps were left running, causing serious flooding, not just in the toilets concerned, but in the lounge below.

As well as causing damage, this was potentially dangerous as the water was seeping through light fittings.

We have implemented a series of additional checks, but would very much appreciate supporters notifying us of any potential problem if they come across any such situation.

Real classy burds in that part of town.

hibs0666
18-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Wee Airdrie Jambo thinks that comment is out of order.

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Insurance job.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Insurance job.
Application for redevelopment of said lounge to follow as soon as the cheque arrives[emoji1]

southsider
18-02-2015, 03:30 PM
It has been said numerous time on here about asbestos falling from the old stand roof. Is this true or just a bad joke ? I recently completed an Asbestos certificate course and Asbestos was used widely as it was of great use in numerous ways but we know now it is a killer. If these stories are true then the ground must be closed wit immediate effect until the asbestos is removed by an approved contractor. This could cause real harm to fans and may be a death sentence for some. That, is no joke.

Hibernian Verse
18-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Cragface asks...

If they had good enough IP ratings on their light fittings that wouldn't have been an issue.

JJP
18-02-2015, 03:37 PM
It has been said numerous time on here about asbestos falling from the old stand roof. Is this true or just a bad joke ? I recently completed an Asbestos certificate course and Asbestos was used widely as it was of great use in numerous ways but we know now it is a killer. If these stories are true then the ground must be closed wit immediate effect until the asbestos is removed by an approved contractor. This could cause real harm to fans and may be a death sentence for some. That, is no joke.

Do a search on Google and you'll find articles about it from the Scotsman. Think if I remember right they are dated about 2004.

poolman
18-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Do a search on Google and you'll find articles about it from the Scotsman. Think if I remember right they are dated about 2004.

Taken from 2003

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2427494/Fans-see-red-over-Hearts-transplant.html

Arch Stanton
18-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Application for redevelopment of said lounge to follow as soon as the cheque arrives[emoji1]

Knowing their luck the lounge ceiling will be asbestos and the whole stand will need replaced.

hibsforeurope
18-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Taken from 2003

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2427494/Fans-see-red-over-Hearts-transplant.html

If the stands supporting girders were corroding in 2003 who knows what state they are in now!

Bostonhibby
18-02-2015, 04:04 PM
If the stands supporting girders were corroding in 2003 who knows what state they are in now!
Maybe they'll get flood damaged by the toilets being blocked as well. Watch this space.

lord bunberry
18-02-2015, 04:11 PM

Cragface asks...

One of the calor gas heaters had to be wheeled over to the other side of the room.

Hibs90
18-02-2015, 04:18 PM

Nothing a tin of paint wont fix :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2015, 04:49 PM
In all seriousness, if it is the case that the roof of the stand is made from Asbestos the minimum precaution I would guess is to paint it. But if the roof is damaged, as appears to have been the case in recent years when the ball has hit it, does that not lead to the possibility of dangerous fibres being released painted or not. I cant believe they get a safety certificate for it.

Dave-O
18-02-2015, 04:51 PM
One of the calor gas heaters had to be wheeled over to the other side of the room.

:faf:.................:top marks

robinp
18-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Taken from 2003 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2427494/Fans-see-red-over-Hearts-transplant.html
HOBO rag with an anti Hearts agenda - FACT.

Aldo
18-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Doesn't surprise me tbh.

Whilst smaller clubs were forced to bring their ground up to scratch the dump that is the main stand at the PBS has been allowed to be continually used and surely is well past its sell by date.

I thought they were supposed to be the BIG team yet their stadia wouldn't go amiss in the lowland or Highland Leagues. (Probably even Junior)

Very small minded folk have been running the yams with little or no vision what a modern stadium should look like.

O to have a FIFA 2 graded stadium with a 20,000 plus capacity and our own training facility. That must be a dream......No wait we have.

The PBS is an utter dump!

Tinribs
18-02-2015, 05:06 PM
I would be more concerned sitting in a lounge area with football toilets directly above my pie 'n pint, than the shonky stand itself :greengrin

Tinribs
18-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the thought just occurred to me, does the PBS meet requirements for the premier? Asbestos filled stands would not be tolerated If it was the likes of Montrose or Brechin who won the championship.

Edit.I know neither of those clubs play in the championship before anyone says.

silverhibee
18-02-2015, 05:20 PM

Did Queen B not have a moan about this a wee while ago, ie the state of the woman's toilets at the paedo dome, obviously just likes to hear her voice but do f all about it.

Maybe she is to busy with her crusade against Celtc & The Rangers.

hibsbollah
18-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the thought just occurred to me, does the PBS meet requirements for the premier? Asbestos filled stands would not be tolerated If it was the likes of Montrose or Brechin who won the championship.

The thing about asbestos is as long as its stable and contained within a building there isn't a health and safety issue. Its when the structure starts to weaken/fall over that it needs extremely expensive removal and disposal.

Sergey
18-02-2015, 05:31 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/faulty-boiler-puts-functions-at-tynecastle-under-threat-1-1282491

:wink:

PatHead
18-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Went onto the internet to try and get a picture of the conservatory at Tynie, err I mean the John Robertson Suite. Funnily enough there are none. Suppose it is because it looks *****.

On their website there is a picture of the 3 other stands (obviously photoshopped as they don't look pink).

Are they embarrassed by the old stand or something?

Andy74
18-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Sounds like the sort of problems your local skint bowling or golf club might face.

Stranraer
18-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Nutters who don't give a damn about the state of their own rotting stadium.

brog
18-02-2015, 05:39 PM
What really p's me off about the situation is the SFA continue to award representative games, cup ties etc. to the PBS. We've spent millions upgrading our ground, they've lashed out a tenner for a tin of paint while stealing millions & yet they're rewarded for their failures. Another piece of nonsense for Scottish football.

superfurryhibby
18-02-2015, 05:47 PM
They are probably hoping there will be a preservation order slapped on, being an Archibaldy Leitch design. Then they will wheedle loadsae grants out of the heritage lottery fund in order to consolidate it?

givescotlandfreedom
18-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Close the ground. Close the club too.

Pete
18-02-2015, 05:52 PM
The thing about asbestos is as long as its stable and contained within a building there isn't a health and safety issue. Its when the structure starts to weaken/fall over that it needs extremely expensive removal and disposal.

Is it not the case that when asbestos is disturbed within a building the entire enclosed area then becomes a contamination zone? Even small repairs would become difficult.

I can't help but think that this is all a preamble. I expect to hear the case for a much needed council built stadium in the west of the city.

Mark79
18-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Which lounge was it? The blobby lounge? The one that looks like a greenhouse stuck in the middle of the stand?

Aldo
18-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Which lounge was it? The blobby lounge? The one that looks like a greenhouse stuck in the middle of the stand?

That last part made me laugh btw!! :-)

cam75
18-02-2015, 08:18 PM
If the was a restaurant or anyone but hearts the council would give them a note of order to fix issues,can't be that hard to seal the floor to stop water running through,but paint the stairs and everyone is fine !
GGTTH

portycabbage
18-02-2015, 08:36 PM
If they had good enough IP ratings on their light fittings that wouldn't have been an issue.

I predict an agm question regarding new light bulbs again, although this time one may not be enough.

One Day
18-02-2015, 09:00 PM
I thought this post in Kickback was very funny;

Last time I went into a stall in the old stand there was a foot long jobby staring back at me. Unflushable. Wasn't mine I may add. Not sure what I would have said to a steward about that.

Oscar T Grouch
18-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Pretty sure their stand roof is asbestos concrete roofing which in itself isn't dangerous, there are procedures to follow when it breaks but while you've not been able to build with it since the 90s it's no a health hazard as such. One they demolish the stand that's when it will need to be removed carefully. There is a lot of this stuff in and around edinburgh and it's safe while in situ. Their stand's structural integrity should be the thing their looking at, it's well past its sell by date and as its a stand that people jump about on the stresses it's suffered over the years makes it dangerous at least and a collapsible death trap at worst. How it still gets a safety cert only the structural engineer carrying out the survey will know. But assuming the engineer is professional then the stand is safe as it has to be for public use.

Pete
18-02-2015, 09:04 PM

Last time I went into a stall in the old stand there was a foot long jobby staring back at me. Unflushable. Wasn't mine I may add. Not sure what I would have said to a steward about that.

I was in the main stand about ten years ago and you actually have to stoop to get through the doorways and through the turnstiles. This is because the average human height has increased by about a foot since it was constructed.

Kato
18-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure their stand roof is asbestos concrete roofing which in itself isn't dangerous, there are procedures to follow when it breaks but while you've not been able to build with it since the 90s it's no a health hazard as such. One they demolish the stand that's when it will need to be removed carefully. There is a lot of this stuff in and around edinburgh and it's safe while in situ.

That's the point that is being raised. Some of it isn't "in situ", it's falling around people's heads.

From a distance people think, "An old style footy stand, how charming."
Then you get closer and people are thinking, "What's that weird smell?"
Closer still and people are saying, "Why did they build the new stands with the floodlights holding them up?"
Closer again and people come out with a plain, "What a ****hole."
Get right up close and your likely to get A: Asbestos poisoning. B: Sexually abused in the bogs.

Their "home" speaks volumes about how they are. Middens.

Waxy
18-02-2015, 09:11 PM
The things made from wood.Made from a dead living organism which has been dead for 100 years.Must be a bit rotten inside.Woodworm?
someone tell them stands are not made from wood nowadays.

One Day
18-02-2015, 09:17 PM

The replies to this are brilliant;

If you see something and don't do anything about it you're as much to blame... or something.

Shouldve got some toilet paper and lifted it out then put it in the bin.

It is your duty to save Tynecastle m8.

then

Would of given it a go if I'd brought chop sticks with me, being public spirited

Oscar T Grouch
18-02-2015, 09:18 PM
That's the point that is being raised. Some of it isn't "in situ", it's falling around people's heads.

From a distance people think, "An old style footy stand, how charming."
Then you get closer and people are thinking, "What's that weird smell?"
Closer still and people are saying, "Why did they build the new stands with the floodlights holding them up?"
Closer again and people come out with a plain, "What a ****hole."
Get right up close and your likely to get A: Asbestos poisoning. B: Sexually abused in the bogs.

Their "home" speaks volumes about how they are. Middens.

the stuff only becomes very dangerous in a demolishion situation, bits falling off are more dangerous by hitting people than the chance of asbestosis. I'm not arguing that's it's anything but a ******hole but the real danger to the public is it collapsing rather than airborne asbestos. If it collapses there would be carnage.

BH Hibs
18-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Is that not a writing implement down Gorgie way

Scouse Hibee
18-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I was in the main stand about ten years ago and you actually have to stoop to get through the doorways and through the turnstiles. This is because the average human height has increased by about a foot since it was constructed.

If you've increased by a foot around the waist you're knackered.:greengrin

mca
18-02-2015, 09:29 PM

:faf: Made me chuckle.. But the Average herts Support... Have no evolved yet.. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
18-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Insurance job.

I would look at this as a deliberate act of vandalism which may not be covered under their insurance as the cause of any claim?

It may be their policy will exclude this, thats if they have paid their insurance at all?

She would be better looking at their policy details rather than appealing to her dedicated fans!

Tinribs
18-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Just to show what a tragedy this all is, here is the fine dining hostelry that now has Jamboid urine dripping from the light fixtures, onto the filigree table tops.

Aldo
18-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Just to show what a tragedy this all is, here is the fine dining hostelry that now has Jamboid urine dripping from the light fixtures, onto the filigree table tops.

Quality 'Top' hospitality there with 5 tables.

What an utter *****hole!

O and by the way Big teams wouldn't have a *****hole of a stand... No stadium!

Dump!

Ozyhibby
18-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know what is covered in the event of an 'accident' at the PBS? Surely an insurance company wouldn't just build them a shiny new stand?

monktonharp
18-02-2015, 10:21 PM

Cragface asks...

With thanks, as ever, for your cooperation. Surely they should keep all their Budgies, in an appropriate bird cage and provide them with the correct bird bath.Female budgies, can be unpredictable.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2015, 10:22 PM

Otherwise known as a "Rudi"

Bostonhibby
18-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know what is covered in the event of an 'accident' at the PBS? Surely an insurance company wouldn't just build them a shiny new stand?

It's possible, but unlikely given the cost of true "reinstatement" cover, quite a few commercial contracts do take account of the fact that buildings have to be built to reflect current building regulations and other reinstatements required by listings and conservation area requirements etc.

There would definitely be a bit of betterment / improvement if the contract was a true indemnity or like for like wording, the yam would want a cash settlement anyway - its the yam way, grab the cash and blow it on something else entirely.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Tynecastle is such an utter hovel of a *****hole. Minging

Www1875hfc
19-02-2015, 08:06 AM
My mate (Hun) was doing an SFA course at Tynecastle a few weeks back, he couldn't believe how badly run down the stadium was.
Toilets with a urinal completely missing from the wall.

Jack
19-02-2015, 08:12 AM
My mate (Hun) was doing an SFA course at Tynecastle a few weeks back, he couldn't believe how badly run down the stadium was.

Somebody taking the piss!

Bostonhibby
19-02-2015, 08:27 AM

It shows how quickly people jump to conclusions, this is in fact the Tracey Emin exhibition at their recently constructed Vladimir Romanov Centre for Modern Art, as a tribute to the great man himself it's entitled "taking the piss" the missing urinal being symbolic of the now legendary cash only share issue.

The walls of the gallery are entirely papered with the creditors lists. Lest they forget.

Bill Milne
19-02-2015, 08:42 AM
What really p's me off about the situation is the SFA continue to award representative games, cup ties etc. to the PBS. We've spent millions upgrading our ground, they've lashed out a tenner for a tin of paint while stealing millions & yet they're rewarded for their failures. Another piece of nonsense for Scottish football.

Brian, we all know it is the greatest ground the world has ever seen. I am always mindful that we had to pull down and replace our main stand for much the same reasons they are now experencing ie crumbling infrastructure and risk to the users. However, the Cooncil and Fire Brigade simply won't order the closure of this death trap. I know blokes who sit in this stand at home games and I fear for their safety.

Peevemor
19-02-2015, 08:43 AM

This may have had something to do with their previous manager ...

hibsbollah
19-02-2015, 09:02 AM

That's just a poorly designed peephole.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2015, 09:17 AM
WC soon to be installed, they share beds with cousins, aunties, uncles, brothers and sisters so why not open plan shared toilets

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2015, 09:19 AM

I was only thinking the other day that i'd not seen much of Ronnie Corbett recently.

Canongatehibs
19-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Let the stinking cesspit fall :-)

Hibrandenburg
19-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Your forgetting most Jambos haven't learned to walk upright yet.

Renfrew_Hibby
19-02-2015, 09:41 AM
It's 30 years since the Bradford stadium disaster... 30 YEARS, yet this odd time capsule is still open to the public. Have no time for hearts but I wouldn't wish a similar fate on any football supporter.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Somebody signs it off as safe, hope they sleep well at night.

spike220
19-02-2015, 09:52 AM
There is no football ground in Scotland so evocative or now so contentious as Tynecastle Park - particularly after the publication of a moving book reveals the sacrifice which shrouds the early history of the stadium.

Heart of Midlothian's home in the west end of Edinburgh is a traditionalists' delight, although only the main stand is part of the original structure of a stadium which dates back to 1886 when the club, founded in 1874, took up residence there. Tynecastle's attraction for the connoisseur of atmospheric arenas is the jostling proximity of its neighbours - a brewery, a school and ranks of Edinburgh tenement buildings whose chimneys and windows are almost part of the fabric of the ground itself.

This congestion has always dictated Tynecastle's dimensions and the steep ranks of seats in the reconstructed Wheatfield, Gorgie and Roseburn Stands testify to the need to maximise every precious inch of available space. The consequence is a warm and intimate venue in which the spectators are almost within touching distance of the pitch, a circumstance which evoked praise from Bayern Munich's then president, Franz Beckenbauer, after the Bundesliga side lost 1-0 to Hearts in a UEFA Cup quarter-final tie in 1989. "It a very special place to play football," pronounced 'Der Kaiser'.

Unfortunately for Hearts, it is exactly this factor which is likely to see them driven from their base, at least according to the chief executive, Chris Robinson. Creeping legislation has boxed the club, quite literally, into a corner. Following the Hillsborough disaster in the year they beat Bayern, Hearts embarked on a reconstruction scheme to comply with the provisions of the Taylor Report, hence the three modern stands.

The Main Stand was always destined to be rebuilt last, but planning difficulties and the cost of acquiring additional land for car parking and office facilities thwarted the project and the oldest part of the ground is increasingly a health and safety burden. The roof is made of asbestos and chunks are dislodged whenever a ball lands on it, hence the safety net slung below to protect spectators. The main structure and seats are wooden, the girders beginning to corrode.

To make matters worse, the Tynecastle pitch is too small to accommodate UEFA competition matches. It is only a matter of a couple of yards but, say the Hearts board, the difference is too great to be remedied without substantial remedial work which the club, £18 million in the red, cannot afford. Their contentious solution: sell Tynecastle and move a few hundred yards away to Murrayfield, home of Scottish rugby, with its 65,000 seats and all the car parking Hearts could ever need.

The controversy has erupted just as a powerfully moving episode in the club's history was exposed to a new audience. Soon after the outbreak of the First World War the entire Hearts playing staff joined the army, their example inspiring a like response from almost 600 Maroons supporters, 200 Hibs followers, a dozen professionals from Raith Rovers and many players from junior or juvenile teams in the Lothians, Borders and Fife.

The unit, the 16th Royal Scots, was known as McCrae's Battalion, after its founder, Sir George McCrae. The story of the battalion would have disappeared into the fog of time had it not been for the work of Jack Alexander, who spent 12 years tracing relatives - and even a few aged survivors - of the unit. His book McCrae's Battalion, is a marvellously written and enthralling account of the battalion's extraordinary history.

Of the Hearts players who joined up, seven were killed in the conflict, four of them on the morning of July 1, 1916, the first day of the Battle of the Somme, when the battalion lost three quarters of its strength yet still achieved the deepest penetration of the enemy line anywhere on the British front line. The village of Contalmaison, where McCrae's battalion fought and died, was destroyed in the battle, and plans to raise a memorial there shortly after the war foundered for lack of funds.

Earlier this month, however, £12,000 was raised at a commemorative dinner at Tynecastle for a new memorial, to be built next year in time for the 90th anniversary of the events recounted in the book. By that time, too, the question of Hearts' future home should be resolved, although if it is to be Murrayfield the move will alarm supporters who will cite the examples of Brighton, Wimbledon, Airdrie and Clyde as clubs who were badly affected by uprooting from traditional homes without a purpose-built alternative. It seems likely than any removal from Tynecastle will have to prevail against determined resistance.

On the dust jacket of McCrae's Battalion can be found a couplet written by a private in the unit in December 1914. It reads: "Do not ask where Hearts are playing and then look at me askance.
"If it's football that you're wanting, you must come with us to France!"

Many of the current generation of fans ask where Hearts will be playing and look askance at the Murrayfield proposals. Like George McCrae and his brave battalion of footballers, Tynecastle is an enduring reminder of a bygone era. Like them, too, it boasts a proud history that may not yet have run its course. Indeed, at tomorrow's home league game against Motherwell Hearts fans who oppose a move will brandish red cards at the board in a silent protest.

greenginger
19-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Check also the last couple of paragraphs on this,

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29807293.app

Budge says,

" ..... a hundred year old wooden structure ...... extremely dangerous ... "

brog
19-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Brian, we all know it is the greatest ground the world has ever seen. I am always mindful that we had to pull down and replace our main stand for much the same reasons they are now experencing ie crumbling infrastructure and risk to the users. However, the Cooncil and Fire Brigade simply won't order the closure of this death trap. I know blokes who sit in this stand at home games and I fear for their safety.

I agree 100% Billy, I stopped going to the old stand & forbade anyone in my family to go there about 20 years ago. The place has potential disaster written all over it & I really can't believe that statutory evacuation procedures can be properly followed. If you remember there was a fuss at the start of this season when Hibs had to move a few seats to allow better exiting from the stadium. The PBS beggars belief.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2015, 12:23 PM

I didn't go to our old stand very much, in fact Pat Stanton's testimonial and the day we were relegated playing Dundee Utd are the only two I can remember. I do remember being underneath the stand and thinking "ye gods, one dropped fag and we are all dead" That was 16 years ago and if the main stand at the PBS is in anything like the same condition I wouldn't let my stinky Jambo stepson sit there the few times he goes to their dump.

Fife-Hibee
19-02-2015, 12:25 PM
[/B]I agree 100% Billy, I stopped going to the old stand & forbade anyone in my family to go there about 20 years ago. The place has potential disaster written all over it & I really can't believe that statutory evacuation procedures can be properly followed. If you remember there was a fuss at the start of this season when Hibs had to move a few seats to allow better exiting from the stadium. The PBS beggars belief.

I had the misfortune to be in there at new year' what a pigsty. How on earth it gets passed every year is beyond comprehention !

Waxy
19-02-2015, 12:37 PM

14340Gohylorle

Aldo
19-02-2015, 12:40 PM
So every time the ball or any item hits the roof there is a chance it'll dislodge sections/parts/bits of it hence the safety net.

But with the roof in part being built using asbestos, the net can only can the bits not the dust particles that are created when the ball/item hits it.

I found this in a FAQ about asbestos. Check the last paragraph. Only a danger when disturbed??

The presence of asbestos alone should not be a cause for concern. Asbestos only becomes a risk to human health when it is released into the air and breathed in.

Duty holders – those who are responsible for maintaining or repairing non-domestic premises – are required to actively manage any asbestos in buildings. This provides a practical way to identify, prioritise and properly plan the actions that need to be taken to manage the risks.

Where asbestos containing materials are assessed as being in good condition and not in a position where they are likely to be damaged they should be left in place and monitored.

However, where asbestos is in poor condition or is likely to be damaged during the normal use of the building, it should be sealed, enclosed or removed, as appropriate.

Those considered most at risk of exposure to asbestos fibres are tradesmen and maintenance workers who disturb the fabric of buildings during the course of their work. Precautions must be taken to ensure that tradespeople don't put themselves or others at risk by disturbing asbestos.

grunt
19-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Check also the last couple of paragraphs on this, http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29807293.app
Budge says, " ..... a hundred year old wooden structure ...... extremely dangerous ... "
Now that's a little bit cheeky. The last two words in your quote don't relate to the structure. :greengrin

Bad Martini
19-02-2015, 01:20 PM
The irony.

The pieman, the visionary that he was, tried to help them avoid ALL this ****. And look what happened there :greengrin

:cb

All part of the masterplan mind.:cb

Big pink bus shelter is doomed, much like the pink followers...

Bams.

ENDOF

Haymaker
19-02-2015, 01:26 PM
So every time the ball or any item hits the roof there is a chance it'll dislodge sections/parts/bits of it hence the safety net.

But with the roof in part being built using asbestos, the net can only can the bits not the dust particles that are created when the ball/item hits it.

I found this in a FAQ about asbestos. Check the last paragraph. Only a danger when disturbed??

:agree: Always baffled me as well, surely the net cant catch the dust and that is what is most dangerous?

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2015, 01:26 PM
[/B]I agree 100% Billy, I stopped going to the old stand & forbade anyone in my family to go there about 20 years ago. The place has potential disaster written all over it & I really can't believe that statutory evacuation procedures can be properly followed. If you remember there was a fuss at the start of this season when Hibs had to move a few seats to allow better exiting from the stadium. The PBS beggars belief.

Wise. I adopted the same policy, but extended it to other parts of the ground.

Aldo
19-02-2015, 01:31 PM
:agree: Always baffled me as well, surely the net cant catch the dust and that is what is most dangerous?

That's what I was thinking!

Unfortunately it may take something to happen (I hope no one is hurt) before they close it down.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-02-2015, 02:00 PM
They won't be doing anything to the ground full stop, they will be moving to some barren industrial estate in West Lothian in a couple of years, they will have to sell the pig slop tip to give the wee wifey her money back.

FranckSuzy
19-02-2015, 02:34 PM
I was only thinking the other day that i'd not seen much of Ronnie Corbett recently.

:faf:

brog
19-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Wise. I adopted the same policy, but extended it to other parts of the ground.

:greengrin TBF I've pretty much adopted the same policy, been once in last 20 years, the game when Spoony pulled the ball back & Michael Stewart crashed into the hoardings!

Bostonhibby
19-02-2015, 02:44 PM
:greengrin TBF I've pretty much adopted the same policy, been once in last 20 years, the game when Spoony pulled the ball back & Michael Stewart crashed into the hoardings!

:agree: Proud to say I have not put any money in their coffers since Mercer tried to close us down, nor will I. Unless they steal it, the yam will never see a penny from me.

JimBHibees
19-02-2015, 02:46 PM

:not worth:not worth:greengrin

--------
19-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Why's Cragface so surprised?

How many Jambos - male or female or whatever - know what the wash-hand basins in toilets ARE? Or paper towels? Or soap?

They're doing well if they manage to pee in the actual toilet bowls, surely.

(And yes, I'm aware that this was in the "ladies" toilets.)

emerald green
19-02-2015, 06:30 PM
It's a disgraceful s***hole of a place, which is now clearly dangerous. Where are the "Health & Safety" folk?

Anywhere else, it would have been shut down.

EastCalderHibby
19-02-2015, 07:28 PM
They won't be doing anything to the ground full stop, they will be moving to some barren industrial estate in West Lothian in a couple of years, they will have to sell the pig slop tip to give the wee wifey her money back.

no way dont want that mob out here anyway there is not a site big enough out here for a 400,000 seated pink bus shelter :greengrin
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Phil D. Rolls
19-02-2015, 07:48 PM
There was a potentially dangerous incident at Tynecastle last week when a coach load of Welsh schoolkids, took a wrong turn looking for the showers at their camp site.

zitelli62
19-02-2015, 08:03 PM
:agree: Proud to say I have not put any money in their coffers since Mercer tried to close us down, nor will I. Unless they steal it, the yam will never see a penny from me.

same with me will never give them a penny just shut the s*** hole down.

greenginger
20-02-2015, 03:22 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=JUU5NIEWR0000

Had a look on the Council Planning site to see if Budge had put in any applications to improve the dump.

Was surprised to see the status of the Planning Application for the Mega Stand , Hotel etc is " pending consideration "

In other words its still a live planning application.

Mrs Budge can't be expected to do anything until that's sorted out , can she ? :confused:

Peevemor
20-02-2015, 04:09 PM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=JUU5NIEWR0000

Had a look on the Council Planning site to see if Budge had put in any applications to improve the dump.

Was surprised to see the status of the Planning Application for the Mega Stand , Hotel etc is " pending consideration "

In other words its still a live planning application.

Mrs Budge can't be expected to do anything until that's sorted out , can she ? :confused:

Normally, if certain issue were outstanding, the application should have been rejected.

In any case, any previous applications or approvals can simply be ignored.

Bishop Hibee
20-02-2015, 04:36 PM

Hahaha! Not for the Neanderthals at Tiny though.