PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN TO FACE BERWICK RANGERS

RSS Bot
17-02-2015, 10:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5209)

Tom Hart RIP
18-02-2015, 11:42 AM
We met them at ER in the round after they knocked out Rangers in 1967z
30,000 were at the game.
They had a goal disallowed before Jim Scott scored for us. Later jock Wallace saved a Jim Scott penalty.
Incredible crowd

Keith_M
18-02-2015, 12:30 PM
We met them at ER in the round after they knocked out Rangers in 1967z
30,000 were at the game.
They had a goal disallowed before Jim Scott scored for us. Later jock Wallace saved a Jim Scott penalty.
Incredible crowd

We met them in 1980, drawing 0-0 away in front of 6,000 (mostly there to see George Best, who failed to turn up) and then won 1-0 at home in the replay, in front of a similar sized crowd.

Hibs were awful at the time and were relegated a couple of months later.

EDIT: Memory playing tricks on me, apparently, as was just told he played in the first match but not the second.

Kaiserclem
18-02-2015, 09:08 PM
A bit late I posting but........

I attended the Berwick v Spartans game last night and strongly feel that if we do not take at least 7 or 8 off of them something is not right. They were not great and although the weather had a part to play last night we should cruise into the semi finals. I like Berwick and I am chuffed to bits for them reaching the quarter finals against us as monies earned will make a huge impact to their club. I have a lot of friends on the board etc. so good on them but we will hammer them. Should get a good few Berwick fans up and they are all good craic. Big chance for us to get to a final this year, Inverness will be a decent outsider. But think we can get to a final. What happens then is a guess......Also, what a support last night from Spartans. All kitted out in Spartans scares, hats or jackets and I think this club has a chance of becoming a model for us all. The work I believe they do in the local,community, schools etc. is a credit to them. Check out their website and in particular their videos of their work, really impressive and amazing. Well done Spartans.

SteveHFC
18-02-2015, 09:14 PM

I attended the Berwick v Spartans game last night and strongly feel that if we do not take at least 7 or 8 off of them something is not right. They were not great and although the weather had a part to play last night we should cruise into the semi finals. I like Berwick and I am chuffed to bits for them reaching the quarter finals against us as monies earned will make a huge impact to their club. I have a lot of friends on the board etc. so good on them but we will hammer them. Should get a good few Berwick fans up and they are all good craic. Big chance for us to get to a final this year, Inverness will be a decent outsider. But think we can get to a final. What happens then is a guess......Also, what a support last night from Spartans. All kitted out in Spartans scares, hats or jackets and I think this club has a chance of becoming a model for us all. The work I believe they do in the local,community, schools etc. is a credit to them. Check out their website and in particular their videos of their work, really impressive and amazing. Well done Spartans.

If we don't beat Berwick then something is seriously wrong.

Geo_1875
18-02-2015, 09:34 PM

I know a number of guys who are taking their kids along to watch Spartans because of the family atmosphere. They'd never dream of taking them along to Easter Road or Tynie. Also, many of the kids are involved with Spartans age group teams and drag their parents along to games. They are definitely developing a good support.

Hibby Bairn
18-02-2015, 09:34 PM
We will beat Berwick easily. I was there last night and they were gash. How they beat Arbroath at the weekend I have no idea.

Terrible game. But terracing banter and atmosphere was great.

Semi finals here we come again.

SteveHFC
18-02-2015, 09:35 PM
I know a number of guys who are taking their kids along to watch Spartans because of the family atmosphere. They'd never dream of taking them along to Easter Road or Tynie. Also, many of the kids are involved with Spartans age group teams and drag their parents along to games. They are definitely developing a good support.

Really hope Spartans are playing the 3rd division next season.

Hibby Bairn
18-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Really hope Spartans are playing the 3rd division next season.

They need to win Lowland League first and there is no chance of that happening this season.

Niffy
18-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I fixed the Berwick chairmans pc the other week.

He might reward my lovely service with top tix.

monktonharp
18-02-2015, 10:12 PM
We met them in 1980, drawing 0-0 away in front of 6,000 (mostly there to see George Best, who failed to turn up) and then won 1-0 at home in the replay, in front of a similar sized crowd.

Hibs were awful at the time and were relegated a couple of months later.

EDIT: Memory playing tricks on me, apparently, as was just told he played in the first match but not the second. was a good crowd for Berwick, way back then. we were right near the front when a fence, wooden if I recal actually collapsed ,spilling fans onto the pitch.

monktonharp
18-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Berwick Hibernian supporters branch running a bus? where's the guy from Malta when you need him?:wink:

Hermit Crab
18-02-2015, 10:40 PM
I hope the folk declaring hibs will beat Berwick easily don't eat their words.

FranckSuzy
18-02-2015, 10:53 PM

:greengrin

Wilson
19-02-2015, 01:40 AM

Do the folk bricking it ever eat theirs?

Pete
19-02-2015, 02:09 AM

We're going to hampden. No ifs or buts. Just think of all the ticket threads you can oversee mate.

All eyes will be on hermit when it comes to spares for the final.:flag:

Hermit Crab
19-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Do the folk bricking it ever eat theirs?

Whos bricking it?

Hermit Crab
19-02-2015, 08:10 AM
We're going to hampden. No ifs or buts. Just think of all the ticket threads you can oversee mate.

All eyes will be on hermit when it comes to spares for the final.:flag:

There won't be any spares after the season ticket holders scoop the lot. Reward for backing the team. No limit. Then again we might get QOS and play the match at tynecaste. Then it really is gold dust time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2015, 08:59 AM

People are entitled to be confident about the prospects of sealing a semi final place by beating a team halfway down Scottish League Two at home.

PeeJay
19-02-2015, 09:08 AM
People are entitled to be confident about the prospects of sealing a semi final place by beating a team halfway down Scottish League Two at home.

I'm sure that lots of people who were entitled to be confident about the prospects of sealing a semi final place by beating a team halfway down whatever found out that **** happens ... maybe we shouldn't take things too lightly - let's not tempt fate .... :greengrin

lord bunberry
19-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Honestly I sometimes wish Mercer had won:rolleyes:

PatHead
21-02-2015, 10:44 PM
See Berwick lost 2 1 to Queens Park at Hampden today.