PDA

View Full Version : Grimsby Hibees?

Jones28
17-02-2015, 06:40 AM
Any fellow Hibs fans in or around the Grimsby area? Recently moved down here with the girlfriend as wondering if there's any one else looking north at to the mighty cabbage!

WellingtonHibby
17-02-2015, 07:48 AM
My dad lives in Grimsby, and is a massive hibby. Since me and my brother moved abroad he's been watching the games Alone. He would welcome a fellow hibby to catch some Games in the pub! He heads up fairly regularly to the matches too. Send me a pm and ill put you in touch.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Is it as big a ****hole as it was made out to be on TV show about benefits and things?

Lago
17-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Is it as big a ****hole as it was made out to be on TV show about benefits and things?
What tv show is that? Sure your not getting mixed up with Boston or some other town?

Bostonhibby
17-02-2015, 10:57 AM
What tv show is that? Sure your not getting mixed up with Boston or some other town?

Boston? Grimsby? probably same difference but he means Grimsby - Benefits Britain or something similar - never did the area any favours but these programmes never do. Boston is not a bad town - I don't live there :greengrin.

It was Channel 4 - Benefits street.

Lago
17-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Boston? Grimsby? probably same difference but he means Grimsby - Benefits Britain or something similar - never did the area any favours but these programmes never do. Boston is not a bad town - I don't live there :greengrin.

It was Channel 4 - Benefits street.
I stand corrected, agree they go out of their way to make everything and everyone look bad.

Bostonhibby
17-02-2015, 11:14 AM
I stand corrected, agree they go out of their way to make everything and everyone look bad.

Grimsby ain't great, but its not that bad either - better than nearby Hull to go to in my opinion but folk / the media are fawning all over Hull as its been voted city of Culture :faf: for 2017(?)

Jones28
17-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Your talking about the show "Skint" - what a load of ***** that was. Filmed in Anytown UK.

Unbeknown to me I walked through the biggest ****hole in Grimsby to play snooker. Propa Nawty!

Sergey
17-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Grimsby ain't great, but its not that bad either - better than nearby Hull to go to in my opinion but folk / the media are fawning all over Hull as its been voted city of Culture :faf: for 2017(?)

My father lives just outside of Hull and I have to say that the city is grim with no defining features whatsoever. Unless you lived there, there's absolutely no reason to go, other than to catch a ferry.

HH81
17-02-2015, 11:52 AM
There is a very good chippy near Grimsby FC although I accept this is not in Grimsby.

Jones28
17-02-2015, 12:12 PM
There is a very good chippy near Grimsby FC although I accept this is not in Grimsby.

That's a good point, Grimsby FC play in Cleethorpes, the adjoining town.

WellingtonHibby
17-02-2015, 06:10 PM
That's a good point, Grimsby FC play in Cleethorpes, the adjoining town.

It is on Grimsby road though. Ten points for the premiership club that dint play in thier home town?

leither17
17-02-2015, 06:27 PM
It is on Grimsby road though. Ten points for the premiership club that dint play in thier home town?

Hull?

Liberal Hibby
17-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Man U

WellingtonHibby
17-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Man U

Spot on.

WellingtonHibby
17-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Your talking about the show "Skint" - what a load of ***** that was. Filmed in Anytown UK.

Unbeknown to me I walked through the biggest ****hole in Grimsby to play snooker. Propa Nawty!

Watched it, Grimsby got a bit of a kicking in that, it's a lot nicer than the show makes out, with peoples Park etc. It struggles for jobs and never adequately replaced the fishing industry. It's been a victim, for a long time, of the zero hours contact economy with a lot of low skilled, insecure jobs that haven't been able to keep the young in the town.

I'm fairly terrified as to what kind of hatchet job Sasha Baron Cohen will do to the place in his upcoming events film.