PDA

View Full Version : Buying Shares Direct

Big_Franck
16-02-2015, 05:28 PM
It appears that buying shares in the club direct from the club itself may not be as difficult as I had thought.

I sent a quick email to shares@hibernianfc.co.uk asking for the list of IFAs that had contacted the club stating they were happy to help out.

I then sent a quick email to a couple of the names on the list and i've received replies stating that their fees would be £50.

It seems like you need ID, proof of address and will need to sign something stating that you basically understand that it's not a sound investment.

Well done to the club for facilitating this and to any of the IFAs on the club's list who are no doubt charging lower than the going rate to fellow hibees.

I'd add that fans should obviously only be looking to invest if they can afford to lose the money.

Monktonhall 7
16-02-2015, 06:56 PM
It appears that buying shares in the club direct from the club itself may not be as difficult as I had thought.

I sent a quick email to shares@hibernianfc.co.uk asking for the list of IFAs that had contacted the club stating they were happy to help out.

I then sent a quick email to a couple of the names on the list and i've received replies stating that their fees would be £50.

It seems like you need ID, proof of address and will need to sign something stating that you basically understand that it's not a sound investment.

Well done to the club for facilitating this and to any of the IFAs on the club's list who are no doubt charging lower than the going rate to fellow hibees.

I'd add that fans should obviously only be looking to invest if they can afford to lose the money.

I did exactly that and got my letter stamped and signed by Max Christie at Clarity IFA, Wolseley Place. Max is a Hibby and was at Friday's match and that just made handing the 50 quid over less painful.

Big_Franck
16-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I did exactly that and got my letter stamped and signed by Max Christie at Clarity IFA, Wolseley Place. Max is a Hibby and was at Friday's match and that just made handing the 50 quid over less painful.

Have you received the info back from the club yet, and if so do you know how much the individual shares are?

worcesterhibby
16-02-2015, 07:43 PM
good news, well done Hibs

Monktonhall 7
16-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Have you received the info back from the club yet, and if so do you know how much the individual shares are?

Yes. Picked that up today. Shares are 4p each, and minimum purchase is 5000 which is £200.