PDA

View Full Version : Strongest bench this century?

MB62
16-02-2015, 10:02 AM
When I seen the team line up for Friday, I thought, that's a very decent team that should give any team a run for their money. Then I looked at the bench and thought 'Eff me, that's some subs bench.
06 Forster
10 Craig
11 Stanton
17 Boyle
22 Fyvie
29 Dja Djedje
30 Cerny

Every single one of them could easily have a claim for a starting place and in some/all? cases, you might even be strengthening the side.
For me, this is not just encouraging for Friday but for the rest of the season as if/when we get injuries/suspensions there are ready made replacements to step right in to the available slot, possibly left back being the exception but Hanlon can play there and we have good alternatives to take his centre half role.
I know the guys left out will be mega disappointed but they will get their chance and for us as a club, it's looking very good.
I honestly can't remember a better squad of subs to sit on our bench this century? and we still have Farid to come back from his injury

ACLeith
16-02-2015, 10:07 AM
and nearly 1/3 of the 18 have come from our youth system, with AH out on loan and quite a few of the current youngsters showing great potential
:flag:

Hibby Bairn
16-02-2015, 10:07 AM
I don't know if it is or not but have you ever considered a career as a news headline writer?

Bostonhibby
16-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I don't know if it is or not but have you ever considered a career as a news headline writer?

:greengrin :agree: I thought it was a story about Nade when he was a sub for the yams.

We used to have Des Bremner on the bench - we have a decent one now for the championship and certainly better than the last 4 or 5 seasons!

offshorehibby
16-02-2015, 10:15 AM
When I seen the team line up for Friday, I thought, that's a very decent team that should give any team a run for their money. Then I looked at the bench and thought 'Eff me, that's some subs bench.
06 Forster
10 Craig
11 Stanton
17 Boyle
22 Fyvie
29 Dja Djedje
30 Cerny

Every single one of them could easily have a claim for a starting place and in some/all? cases, you might even be strengthening the side.
For me, this is not just encouraging for Friday but for the rest of the season as if/when we get injuries/suspensions there are ready made replacements to step right in to the available slot, possibly left back being the exception but Hanlon can play there and we have good alternatives to take his centre half role.
I know the guys left out will be mega disappointed but they will get their chance and for us as a club, it's looking very good.
I honestly can't remember a better squad of subs to sit on our bench this century? and we still have Farid to come back from his injury

Totally agree, it's been a while since I've looked at the bench and said ' He can come on and change a game ' Fridays game had 5 players capable of coming on and changing the game.

Big_Franck
16-02-2015, 10:27 AM
06 Forster
10 Craig
11 Stanton
17 Boyle
22 Fyvie
29 Dja Djedje
30 Cerny

When you add add Danny Handling and Farid El Alagui to that list you see that we have a very decent squad now. Hopefully we can keep the majority of them fit between now and the end of the season. If we do I think we'll go up.

MB62
16-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Couldn't afford the drop in wages :wink: :greengrin