PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

SaulGoodman
15-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Liam Craig guests tonight. How many digs will that prick of a presenter get in?

PatHead
15-02-2015, 10:37 PM
They love Aberdeen don't they

Hermit Crab
15-02-2015, 10:37 PM
They love Aberdeen don't they

To be fair that was a clear goal!!

Ronniekirk
15-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Didn't have him down as a TV a Pundit

SaulGoodman
15-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Is that the same Lino that didn't see Griffiths' goal against Hearts?

danhibees1875
15-02-2015, 10:41 PM
To be fair that was a clear goal!!

Which one? Should have ended about 7-0 :greengrin

poolman
15-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Isn't it about time we had the same technology as in Engerland
for the goal line

That was terrible, and Leighs goal against the tramps

Sir David Gray
15-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Liam Craig guests tonight. How many digs will that prick of a presenter get in?

Probably not as many as Craig's used to at a Hibs home game. :greengrin

high bee
15-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Alex Harris at the centre of all Dundee's attacks. A few great deliveries and unlucky not to score a free kick.

dp00
15-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Alex Harris at the centre of all Dundee's attacks. A few great deliveries and unlucky not to score a free kick.

Looks like he is enjoying his football away from the boo boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFamous1875
15-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Alex Harris looking really sharp for Dundee - on the set plays and looking threatening throughout the highlights. Callum Booth with terrible defending for the goal! Ballwatching and gives away the three points on the goal-line.

poolman
15-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Why did BBC show that elbow on Hanlon
online and not on tonight

Dark moves behind the scenes methinks

CallumLaidlaw
15-02-2015, 11:22 PM
The more I see the passes by Allan & Fyvie for the goals...... :top marks
Simply outstanding

Nutmegged
16-02-2015, 06:23 AM
We must be one of the few clubs that loan players up the league system haha

the County/Motherwell game looked superb, 3 cracking strikes inn that game

Ronniekirk
16-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Why did BBC show that elbow on Hanlon
online and not on tonight

Dark moves behind the scenes methinks

During the live commentary it was described as a push .

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Looks like he is enjoying his football away from the boo boys

Jeezo give it a rest mate ah?? No need for such comments

O'Rourke3
16-02-2015, 09:08 AM
:hijack: Is Liam the first representative from Hibs since Billy Brown's "Looks like a dive" when referring to Garry O against St J?

Hibby Bairn
16-02-2015, 09:23 AM

But he clearly is.

Elephant Stone
16-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Why? The chronic moaners were having a field day about Harris on here, to the point that he was being called a ****bag when he was recovering from a bad injury :hilarious.

Delighted if he's doing well at Dundee, hopefully he comes back full of confidence and we can see more of what was shown before his injury.

HH81
16-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Does anyone think Harris would be in the team if he was still at Hibs?

He needed some time away.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Does anyone think Harris would be in the team if he was still at Hibs?

He needed some time away.

Agreed. However isn't it ironic that people who love a boo, whinge or moan about a player get pissed off when people moan at them on here!!! Brilliant!!!

jgl07
16-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Agreed. However isn't it ironic that people who love a boo, whinge or moan about a player get pissed off when people moan at them on here!!! Brilliant!!!

They do not like it up em.

They do do not like it!

J-C
16-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I think people need to get off each others backs here and recognise that Stubbs has played a blinder.

Harris was suffering with confidence and everyone could see that he wasn't getting any better and with that the crowd were rightly getting even more frustrated with his inept performances. By sending him on loan, it takes away the constant pressure from the fans to reach a high level of play and allows Harris time to regain his composure and confidence.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I think people need to get off each others backs here and recognise that Stubbs has played a blinder.

Harris was suffering with confidence and everyone could see that he wasn't getting any better and with that the crowd were rightly getting even more frustrated with his inept performances. By sending him on loan, it takes away the constant pressure from the fans to reach a high level of play and allows Harris time to regain his composure and confidence.

Not arguing the fact it was good for Alex to get away for a bit to get games, new surroundings and regain his confidence. Just find it ironic that when the ones on here who slate the boy, moaned and groaned at him when he was on the park are called out for doing so, they greet about it for getting moaned at!!! :faf:
You don't find that a wee bit ironic??

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 11:11 AM

:agree: good move for both parties. Harris will come back better

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Not arguing the fact it was good for Alex to get away for a bit to get games, new surroundings and regain his confidence. Just find it ironic that when the ones on here who slate the boy, moaned and groaned at him when he was on the park are called out for doing so, they greet about it for getting moaned at!!! :faf:
You don't find that a wee bit ironic??

Ive never booed Harris in my life so dont know why you are insinuating that I have?? Im sick of people posting on here makong out that Hibs fans are the only ones that ever boo tho...its getting tiresome tbh. Personally i don't agree with booing but there are elements in every support that do it...not just Hibs. The constant harping on about it by some on here tho is ridiculous.

Away from that delighted for Harris and hope he comes bavk stronger for it next season!

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Any complaints about Liam Craig's performance last night?

Lago
16-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Thought he came across very well. Articulate and thoughtful throughout.

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 12:50 PM

I booed throughout.

Thecat23
16-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Stubbs has done the right thing. Harris was dross at Hibs and some fans were getting on his back. I used to hate seeing his name on the bench or in the first 11. He never done anything that would suggest he's good enough for a run in the team. Stubbs seen this knew what needed to be done and now it seems he's playing well. No idea if he will come back a better player but as things are going there's no reason why not! Good luck to the lad for the rest of the season hope he does very well up there.

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Harris was dross at Hibs.

Not in his first season, he was rightly considered our best young player.

Thecat23
16-02-2015, 12:59 PM

Yeah he looked a bright prospect as well. Then never pushed on sadly. He'd pull out tackles, pass it back rather than go at players and hide during games. The boy must get confidence back or Stubbs will let him go imo.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Ive never booed Harris in my life so dont know why you are insinuating that I have?? Im sick of people posting on here makong out that Hibs fans are the only ones that ever boo tho...its getting tiresome tbh. Personally i don't agree with booing but there are elements in every support that do it...not just Hibs. The constant harping on about it by some on here tho is ridiculous.

Away from that delighted for Harris and hope he comes bavk stronger for it next season!

I wasn't talking about you in particular mate just really a general observation. You're right, there is an element in every club who can't wait for a player to **** up so they can boo, moan, greet, vent and give it the old "FFS!!". Now that is tiresome. My point was the guys who do this at games are generally the same ones who post that this player is crap and that player isn't good enough. And that it's a bit rich that when they moan at players for being *****, they get pissed off and upset when folk have a go at them for it. But hey.... They pay there money so can say what they like... :wink:

RyeSloan
16-02-2015, 01:25 PM

On how many performances? A few young players will always stand out in their first outings for the team but when asked to do it week in week out start to struggle.

Some on here believe it was the boo boys that done it but in reality Harris' performances were not good enough.

He would struggle to get anywhere near the first team just now and Stubbs has done the right thing on sending him out on loan. IF he can come back and put in performances where he actually influences games I'm certain he will get the support of the vast majority.

Hibby Bairn
16-02-2015, 01:28 PM
And yet he is performing well and influencing games at a top 6 Premiership club.

Glesgahibby
16-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Why?
Why is it?,when someone suggest that we give our"young talented players a hard time"it has to be shot down!!!!
yes we expect,why?because we "are Hibernian FC" but it's not there fault at such a young age to deal with such high expectation!! That we can slag/slant and even demand they will always turn it on!!
fkkks ake!!!!
its time to stop thinking(I didn't do that) and accept others did,and didn't help!!!
honesty is the best policy!i
as a group lets remember this!!!!!
AS has changed this attatude thank Fckkkk!!!

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 01:40 PM
On how many performances? A few young players will always stand out in their first outings for the team but when asked to do it week in week out start to struggle.

Some on here believe it was the boo boys that done it but in reality Harris' performances were not good enough.

He would struggle to get anywhere near the first team just now and Stubbs has done the right thing on sending him out on loan. IF he can come back and put in performances where he actually influences games I'm certain he will get the support of the vast majority.

He's made 38 appearances in total. I would say from October when he made his debut till April in the 4-3 Falkirk semi he was our best player bar Griffiths. Thats six months which is too long to be a flash in the pan imo. I dont have his appearances for that season but from memory, and I had a season ticket that season, he played most weeks during that run.

The following season he started slowly, and then was destroyed by that Geordie hatchet man Hutchison in the motherwell game and we know the rest, he was never the same for us since.

Glesgahibby
16-02-2015, 01:59 PM
He's made 38 appearances in total. I would say from October when he made his debut till April in the 4-3 Falkirk semi he was our best player bar Griffiths. Thats six months which is too long to be a flash in the pan imo. I dont have his appearances for that season but from memory, and I had a season ticket that season, he played most weeks during that run.

The following season he started slowly, and then was destroyed by that Geordie hatchet man Hutchison in the motherwell game and we know the rest, he was never the same for us since.
Did folk expect him to be our savour lol as in very L!!!
To prepare a raw/gifted/young talent for profesional football and leave him to cope with the expectation level was naive!but to slag/slant and expect him or others at the time was unacceptable
whats done is done!!!
Pressure off,playing in a higher leauge and no expectations can only enhance his potential :aok:

hibby6270
16-02-2015, 02:11 PM
:hijack: Is Liam the first representative from Hibs since Billy Brown's "Looks like a dive" when referring to Garry O against St J?

Nah! Not if you count wee Pat Nevin's appearances from time to time :wink:
He puts a good word in for us does he not? :greengrin

RyeSloan
16-02-2015, 03:32 PM
He's made 38 appearances in total. I would say from October when he made his debut till April in the 4-3 Falkirk semi he was our best player bar Griffiths. Thats six months which is too long to be a flash in the pan imo. I dont have his appearances for that season but from memory, and I had a season ticket that season, he played most weeks during that run. The following season he started slowly, and then was destroyed by that Geordie hatchet man Hutchison in the motherwell game and we know the rest, he was never the same for us since.

to be fair his injury was probably the turning point...although as you say his performances had already dropped a level.

Lad clearly has talent though so no doubting that and I'm sure we all hope he comes back and proves he can translate that talent into being a top player for us!

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 03:56 PM
to be fair his injury was probably the turning point...although as you say his performances had already dropped a level.

Lad clearly has talent though so no doubting that and I'm sure we all hope he comes back and proves he can translate that talent into being a top player for us!

Absolutely.

I must make time to watch a Dundee game and see if hes really got his mojo back.

NOLA
16-02-2015, 03:59 PM
I booed throughout.

I switched off at halftime :)

Centre Hawf
16-02-2015, 04:38 PM

If I remember rightly he didn't play much in that six month run from October to April. It was only really when Pat Fenlon made the bold decision to start him in the Semi that he kicked on. I think at that point was when we saw the best of Alex Harris. Albeit for 10 or so games but I agree with you it wasn't a flash in the pan situation.

I think the boy has genuine talent but from what i've seen, heard, and when spoken to him, I get the impression he is a very quiet lad and may be a confidence player and unfortunately for him this is something he's been lacking since his injury.

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I wasn't talking about you in particular mate just really a general observation. You're right, there is an element in every club who can't wait for a player to **** up so they can boo, moan, greet, vent and give it the old "FFS!!". Now that is tiresome. My point was the guys who do this at games are generally the same ones who post that this player is crap and that player isn't good enough. And that it's a bit rich that when they moan at players for being *****, they get pissed off and upset when folk have a go at them for it. But hey.... They pay there money so can say what they like... :wink:

Very true mate and apologies if i took your comments the wrong way. ..some need to realise that although they might boo out of frustration which can be understandable...its counter productive.
as for Harris...glad to see him doing well at Dundee...since the Falkirk semi he has certainly flattered to deceive...probably for a variety of reasons Inc injury, pressure and perhaps us as a fanbase expecting too much from him when he came back last season. Not to mention the man (mis) management of THE Butcher and Malpas...

hibsbollah
16-02-2015, 07:10 PM
If I remember rightly he didn't play much in that six month run from October to April. It was only really when Pat Fenlon made the bold decision to start him in the Semi that he kicked on. I think at that point was when we saw the best of Alex Harris. Albeit for 10 or so games but I agree with you it wasn't a flash in the pan situation.

I think the boy has genuine talent but from what i've seen, heard, and when spoken to him, I get the impression he is a very quiet lad and may be a confidence player and unfortunately for him this is something he's been lacking since his injury.

Well my memory has perhaps suffered over the years :greengrin But he was definitely a player we were all familiar with by April. Its possible he'll get better with age, and wont be remembered as a Hibs' Steve Martin (spoiled early moments of genius like 'the jerk' with a load of ***** as he got older).