PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Youngsters in History

PatHead
14-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Last season we were led to believe that Hearts were the future of Scottish football and their young players were the future backbone of the national team. They were the greatest youngsters in the game according to the media. Their club was a model for all clubs to follow. Develop your youngsters and sell them on helping to sustain the club.

Looking at their selection today only 2 of the players came through their youth system. (Paterson and Walker). Most of the rest are a series of journeymen who aren't even Scottish. So much for being the future of our game.

Looks like Harry Potter doesn't like the youngsters.

It will all end in tears when the business plan doesn't work. Just look at us over the last 5 years.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Last season we were led to believe that Hearts were the future of Scottish football and their young players were the future backbone of the national team. They were the greatest youngsters in the game according to the media. Their club was a model for all clubs to follow. Develop your youngsters and sell them on helping to sustain the club.

Looking at their selection today only 2 of the players came through their youth system. (Paterson and Walker). Most of the rest are a series of journeymen who aren't even Scottish. So much for being the future of our game.

It will all end in tears when the business plan doesn't work. Just look at us over the last 5 years.

They were made to play so often last season they are all Bunt Out :agree:

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Read somewhere that Potter said their youth system was a mess, and he's replaced most of the coaches

SmashinGlass
14-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Read somewhere that Potter said their youth system was a mess, and he's replaced most of the coaches

I'm assuming because it was actually producing some decent, skilful players (yes, it pains me to say that) as opposed to the cloggers that Harry Potter so dearly loves.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm assuming because it was actually producing some decent, skilful players (yes, it pains me to say that) as opposed to the cloggers that Harry Potter so dearly loves.

Potter talks about the academy towards the bottom of this article
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-are-beating-again-1-3637781

Kato
14-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Don't forget Vlad spent a fortune on gazzumping other clubs for the "best" youth, paying them silly money in wages as well.

There is no template for youth at Hearts. They are now just getting one into shape.

SmashinGlass
14-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Potter talks about the academy towards the bottom of this article
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-are-beating-again-1-3637781

Kind of confirms my thoughts.... :agree: