PDA

View Full Version : What a difference!

14-02-2015, 01:04 PM
The 4-0 game at ER against the huns we were dominant, played some fantastic stuff and 4-0 certainly did not flatter us one bit (in fact I don't think it did us justice!). Last night on the other hand was a lot more scrappy and THE rangers pressured us a lot more. We stuck in, stayed strong and hit them on the counter. Hibs teams in the past, especially Butchers team last year would have absolutely crumbled under that sort of pressure last night. It wasn't a pretty performance but we dug deep, stuck tight and got a result. Stubbs really has worked wonders with the team.

:thumbsup::flag:

ancient hibee
14-02-2015, 01:07 PM
We went there with an extra defender-backed ourselves to stop them scoring and us to snatch a goal and it worked well.

Jim44
14-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I think the term 'winning dirty' springs to mind.

14-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I think the term 'winning dirty' springs to mind.

It certainly does but as I mentioned on another thread, a wins a win and i'd rather "win dirty" than play like Real Madrid and lose. Look at hearts for example, they are sitting top of the league because they have been able to grind out results even when they haven't played well. The last two times we have played them, especially the game at ER we were the better team and should have won but they still managed to grind out something from the game.

Wasn't as pretty on the eye and as comfortable as the 4-0 game at ER but just so impressed with our attitude and how we now have a strong team that didn't crumble under the pressure last night as so many past hibs teams would have.

Nomeancity
14-02-2015, 01:34 PM
After the 4-0 I was accused of being an attention grabbing tw&t when I said it wasn't like beating the rangers of old - it was just too easy.
last night however was like beating them for real, not so sure it was a smash and grab. More like a just do what we need to do to beat them. Honestly believe if we had went behind we would have just upped the pace a bit.